|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scythe Goddard enjoy that Scythe Curie does not?
2. What does Scythe Goddard challenge and want changed?
3. Who is Scythe Faraday's journal actually about?
4. Which of the following is forbidden for scythes?
5. What does Citra use to research Scythe Faraday's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Scythe Goddard plan to do with the two apprentices after Scythe Faraday's death?
2. What does Scythe Goddard decide Rowan must do for the first time in Part 4, Chapter 35?
3. What does the Thunderhead tell Citra about her future?
4. What does Scythe Curie plan to do in 100 years?
5. How does Scythe Goddard compare his role to the Thunderhead's role?
6. What is the punishment for Scythes Curie and Faraday's commandment breaking?
7. Who does Gerald Van Der Gans turn out to be?
8. What happens to the people Rowan practices on?
9. What does Scythe Faraday lament in the Epigraph before Chapter 33?
10. What does Scythe Goddard welcome Rowan to in Part 3, Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the curate offer to help Rowan after the bloodshed? What does it say about Rowan's character that he does not hide?
Essay Topic 2
Do the apprentices believe the reason High Blade Xenocrates gives for Scythe Faraday's death? Does self-gleaning seem like something he would do?
Essay Topic 3
What does it say about Rowan's dedication that he would break Citra's neck even though he knew there would be consequences?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)