|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is an annum?
2. Whose wedding is Citra allowed to attend?
3. Where are people's memories stored?
4. What is creative about Scythe Faraday's gleanings?
5. What does H.S. Curie believe is humanity's greatest achievement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are scythes allowed to kill other scythes?
2. How is the passing of time recorded once numerical years are obsolete?
3. How do the members of the Terranova family react to the scythe in their home?
4. Who did Ben do a report on for school?
5. What are the only items scythes are allowed to own?
6. What is at the beginning of each Chapter in Part 1?
7. What are the first two Scythe Commandments about killing?
8. Why is the sixth commandment so important?
9. What role does H.S. Curie say the scythes fulfill in society?
10. What do the Terranovas think Scythe Faraday is going to do to them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
H.S. Faraday wrote that he continuously prays for guidance and courage. Why does he need those qualities? What does he equate desensitization to?
Essay Topic 2
In the Epigraph excerpt at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 11, H.S. Curie ponders, "If we are not human, what are we?" (110). What has changed about thoughts and emotions?
Essay Topic 3
Do the apprentices believe the reason High Blade Xenocrates gives for Scythe Faraday's death? Does self-gleaning seem like something he would do?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)