Part 1, Chapters 1-5
• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Shusterman, Neal. Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, Book 1). Simon and Schuster Books for Young Readers, 2016. First Edition.
• Part 1, Robe and Ring, pages 1-64.
• H.S. stands for the title High Scythe. This Lesson Plan will follow the text, alternating between the scythe's name and their title.
• The Epigraphs at the beginning of each Chapter in Part 1 are excerpts from the gleaning journal of H.S. Curie.
• The first Epigraph excerpt states that, by law, a record must be kept of the innocents who are killed or gleaned by scythes.
• Gleaning refers to the poor in ancient times, who would gather leftover grain in the farm fields.
• According to Curie, gleaning is a charity the scythes perform for society.
• Part 1, Chapter 1, No Dimming of the Sun.
• On a November afternoon, Scythe Faraday arrived...
This section contains 4,559 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)