|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Kaitlin's parents do in Chapter 30?
2. Who does Kaitlin wait for in Chapter 19?
3. What is Kaitlin preparing for in Chapter 27?
4. Who does Kaitlin go to see at the end of Chapter 22?
5. What does Kaitlin fail to do at the beginning of Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who returns in Chapter 18?
2. After her identity is revealed, where does Kaitlin spend the night?
3. Why do The Bookends speak ill of Kaitlin to Bram? How does Bram react?
4. What announcement does Garner make in Chapter 21? How could this affect Kaitlin?
5. In Chapter 28, who does Kaitlin say took her news about Bram the best?
6. What is Kaitlin's response when Abby tells Kaitlin she wants her to cover both Saturday shifts at the vegetable stand?
7. In Chapter 19 why is Becky angry with Kaitlin?
8. What gift does Bram give Kaitlin in Chapter 22?
9. Why was Bram not a school in Chapter 26?
10. According to Garner, what happened on the night Robert Crutchfield died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of friendship in the novel Scribbler of Dreams. Is friendship important to Kaitlin? Who are her friends? How does she help her friends and how do they help her?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author of the novel, Mary E. Pearson. What other works has she received recognition for? Is her work usually similarly themed? Does she always write in the same genre?
Essay Topic 3
What is the genre of the novel? What are elements commonly found in this type of novel? What are some other examples of works of this genre? What similarities do these works share with Scribbler of Dreams?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)