|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kaitlin pray for at dinner in Chapter 25?
2. Why does Kaitlin go to see Becky in Chapter 27?
3. What does Kaitlin confess at dinner in Chapter 25?
4. How does Kaitlin's mother react to her prayer in Chapter 25?
5. Who does Kaitlin recall Rick met with in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. After her identity is revealed, where does Kaitlin spend the night?
2. What does Bram tell Kaitlin about the land deal in Chapter 22?
3. In Chapter 19 why is Becky angry with Kaitlin?
4. What does Kaitlin fail to do in Chapter 20?
5. Who does Kaitlin reconcile with in Chapter 27?
6. What is Kaitlin's response when Abby tells Kaitlin she wants her to cover both Saturday shifts at the vegetable stand?
7. How is Kaitlin's true identity revealed to Bram?
8. In Chapter 23, what does Kaitlin think about while in class?
9. In Chapter 19 why does Bram want to go to his old family land?
10. How does Bram react to learning Kaitlin's true identity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Who are they and what are their defining character traits? How are they related to Kaitlin? What is their role in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the character Kaitlin. What are her defining character traits? What is her role in the story? What struggles or obstacles does she face throughout the novel? Does she grow as a character? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
How does Pearson use the feud between the Malones and the Crutchfields to move the plot along? Discuss the importance of the feud and the impact of it on the central characters in the novel.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)