|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kaitlin wonder about at the end of Chapter 20?
2. Why does Kaitlin call Bram in Chapter 26?
3. What has Rick started ordering from a new supplier?
4. In Chapter 24, how does Kaitlin explain what she knew about Rick?
5. How does Garner say Robert Crutchfield died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Hortensia and what does she want from Kaitlin?
2. In Chapter 23, what does Kaitlin think about while in class?
3. Where does Kaitlin go snooping in Chapter 21 and why?
4. What does Kaitlin realize about herself in Chapter 17?
5. Why was Bram not a school in Chapter 26?
6. What do the Malones talk about at dinner in Chapter 25?
7. In Chapter 19 why is Becky angry with Kaitlin?
8. Who returns in Chapter 18?
9. In Chapter 29, what does Kaitlin tell Abby about her dinnertime prayer?
10. How is Kaitlin's true identity revealed to Bram?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Pearson use the feud between the Malones and the Crutchfields to move the plot along? Discuss the importance of the feud and the impact of it on the central characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Kaitlin’s character growth throughout the novel. How does her character compare from when the reader is first introduced to her to when the novel concludes? What events or people in her life prompt Kaitlin’s growth?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of guilt in the novel Scribbler of Dreams. Who feels guilty and why? How does this character deal with his or her guilt?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)