|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose unfinished business does Kaitlin wonder about in Chapter 21?
2. What does Allison hand off to someone in Chapter 20?
3. Why does Kaitlin go to see Becky in Chapter 27?
4. Why does Bram try to attack Rick?
5. In Chapter 27, what does Kaitlin believe she and Bram can have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Malones talk about at dinner in Chapter 25?
2. What does Kaitlin realize about herself in Chapter 17?
3. How is Kaitlin's true identity revealed to Bram?
4. What is Kaitlin's response when Abby tells Kaitlin she wants her to cover both Saturday shifts at the vegetable stand?
5. In Chapter 23, what does Kaitlin think about while in class?
6. Who is Hortensia and what does she want from Kaitlin?
7. Who does Kaitlin reconcile with in Chapter 27?
8. In Chapter 28, who does Kaitlin say took her news about Bram the best?
9. Explain the scheme that Rick was involved in to ruin the Malone family name.
10. What does Kaitlin fail to do in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the character foil, Rick. What are his defining character traits? Describe his connection to Kaitlin. Why is Rick a foil of Kaitlin’s?
Essay Topic 2
We are able to understand Kaitlin’s actions because we hear the story from her point of view. What if the story were told from another characters point of view, (e.g. Abby’s or Becky’s)? Would Kaitlin still be a sympathetic character? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author of the novel, Mary E. Pearson. What other works has she received recognition for? Is her work usually similarly themed? Does she always write in the same genre?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)