|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, who does Bram invite Kaitlin to join him in going out with?
2. What does Kaitlin beg Becky to let her use in Chapter 8?
3. Who is Garner?
4. What excuse does Kaitlin give Bram for slapping him?
5. Why does Kaitlin call Bram in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the most recent event to have caused strife between the Malone and Crutchfield families?
2. What has Kaitlin begun to lose in Chapter 12?
3. How does Kaitlin earn spending money?
4. What does Kaitlin do when she finds out who Bram is?
5. What excuse does Kaitlin use for talking to Bram in Chapter 10?
6. In Chapter 4, what change is made to Kaitlin's father's conviction?
7. Who does Kaitlin notice while she is writing in her journal, and what does she wonder about him?
8. What do The Bookends confront Kaitlin with in Chapter 16? What must she do as a result?
9. What does Bram show Kaitlin from his backyard?
10. What does Bram confess to in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the novel. Are there any surprises at the end of the novel? Are there any unanswered questions? Did you enjoy the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the genre of the novel? What are elements commonly found in this type of novel? What are some other examples of works of this genre? What similarities do these works share with Scribbler of Dreams?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the character Kaitlin. What are her defining character traits? What is her role in the story? What struggles or obstacles does she face throughout the novel? Does she grow as a character? If so, how?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)