|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bram and Kaitlin begin doing every day by Chapter 5?
2. Why is Kaitlin’s father able to return home in Chapter 4?
3. What is Kaitlin's last name?
4. Where do Kaitlin and Abby work in Chapter 9?
5. How does Kaitlin get away from Bram in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kaitlin earn spending money?
2. How does the relationship between Bram and Kaitlin progress in Chapter 7?
3. What is the significance of the signature Bram's portrait?
4. Why does Allison Crutchfield tell Kaitlin about the old Crutchfield documents?
5. What excuse does Kaitlin give for abruptly leaving Bram?
6. What has Kaitlin begun to lose in Chapter 12?
7. Who is Jack and why is he at Bram's house? What makes Kaitlin worry about him?
8. What do The Bookends confront Kaitlin with in Chapter 16? What must she do as a result?
9. What does Kaitlin do when she finds out who Bram is?
10. What makes Kaitlin uncomfortable in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel. What is the setting? How does it influence the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Who are they and what are their defining character traits? How are they related to Kaitlin? What is their role in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of guilt in the novel Scribbler of Dreams. Who feels guilty and why? How does this character deal with his or her guilt?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)