|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, who does Kaitlin realize she has a lot in common with?
2. What does Kaitlin nearly do in Chapter 20?
(a) Confess her true identity
(b) Forget to send in her college application
(c) Drive her car into a farm field post
(d) Tell her father about Bram
3. What does the chemical Rick purchases do to tomatoes?
(a) It makes them toxic
(b) It makes them grow twice as large
(c) It turns them purple
(d) It makes their insides rot
4. What is the topic of the essays Kaitlin writes for the Bookends?
(a) The influence of political cartoons
(b) Political figures worthy of imitating
(c) The proportional representation electoral system
(d) The role of the media in politics
5. In Chapter 24, how does Kaitlin explain what she knew about Rick?
(a) Allison Crutchfield told her
(b) She just knew, just because
(c) Rick told her everything thinking she wouldn't understand
(d) She says she saw him talking to Jack
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what does Kaitlin wonder about Rick?
2. Who does Kaitlin make sure is present when she confronts Rick in Chapter 24?
3. What does Kaitlin do in Chapter 26?
4. What does Kaitlin do against her parents' wishes in Chapter 31?
5. How does Kaitlin feel about the jewelry Bram gives her in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Kaitlin go snooping in Chapter 21 and why?
2. In Chapter 26, how does Garner explain his unwillingness to sell the land to the Crutchfields?
3. After her identity is revealed, where does Kaitlin spend the night?
4. How does Bram react to learning Kaitlin's true identity?
5. What does Kaitlin fail to do in Chapter 20?
6. Who is Hortensia and what does she want from Kaitlin?
7. Why does Kaitlin hesitate when it comes to exposing the Crutchfield family's schemes?
8. Who does Kaitlin reconcile with in Chapter 27?
9. Why does Kaitlin curse her ancestors in Chapter 17?
10. What does Bram tell Kaitlin about the land deal in Chapter 22?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)