|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is to happen to the Crutchfield land in Chapter 19?
(a) It is to be bulldozed
(b) It is to be planted with young trees
(c) It is to be sold
(d) It is to be dynamited to create an artificial lake
2. In Chapter 20, after picking up Kaitlin, where does Bram run off to?
(a) The mall
(b) The school
(c) His house
(d) The kennel
3. Why is Kaitlin called upon to speak at school?
(a) She has prepared a speech to honor a retiring teacher
(b) Because she has good grades
(c) Because she has had first aid training and will speak about it
(d) She must make a public apology
4. What does Bram say he and his mother had done in Chapter 26?
(a) Read through Maggie's diaries
(b) Visited his father's grave
(c) Stayed up late talking
(d) Walked up to the Malone plot of land
5. What does Bram do when the Bookends tell him what they know about Kaitlin?
(a) He beats them up
(b) He invites them to hang out with him
(c) He pays them for more information
(d) He ignores them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chemical Rick purchases do to tomatoes?
2. What do Kaitlin's parents do in Chapter 30?
3. In Chapter 28, what does Kaitlin want to end?
4. In Chapter 28, what did Kaitlin say she used her prayer to do?
5. Who does Garner note was on the scene when Robert Crutchfield died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift does Bram give Kaitlin in Chapter 22?
2. Who is Hortensia and what does she want from Kaitlin?
3. Who does Kaitlin reconcile with in Chapter 27?
4. In Chapter 29, what does Kaitlin tell Abby about her dinnertime prayer?
5. What does Kaitlin say she hopes for in Chapter 27?
6. What announcement does Garner make in Chapter 21? How could this affect Kaitlin?
7. How is Kaitlin's true identity revealed to Bram?
8. What does Bram tell Kaitlin about the land deal in Chapter 22?
9. In Chapter 23, what does Kaitlin think about while in class?
10. In Chapter 19 why does Bram want to go to his old family land?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)