|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kaitlin wonder about at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Whether Jack is Bram's real father
(b) Rick's connection to the Crutchfields
(c) Whether Bram is telling her the truth about Becky
(d) What information is on the CD
2. Where does Kaitlin meet Becky in Chapter 27?
(a) Outside the school
(b) At Becky's house
(c) At Becky's workplace
(d) Walking down Main Street
3. What grades did the Bookends' term papers receive?
4. Bram's father's death can best be described as an
(a) Incident which will forever doom the Crutchfields
(b) Intentional act
(d) Instigation designed to destroy the Malones
5. In Chapter 28, who does Kaitlin note took her news about Bram the best?
(c) Her father
(d) Her mother
6. Who has Bram gotten approval from to make Kaitlin a piece of jewelry?
(b) His mother
7. What is the name of Maggie's sister?
8. How does Kaitlin's mother react to her prayer in Chapter 25?
(a) She hugs Kaitlin
(b) She becomes enraged
(c) She smiles
(d) Not at all because she doesn't understand what Kaitlin means by praying for the Crutchfields
9. What is the jewelry Bram is going to give Kaitlin made from?
(a) Maggie's diary lock
(b) A silver spoon
(d) A seashell
10. What does Kaitlin confess at dinner in Chapter 25?
(a) She helped Rick set up the scheme and land deal
(b) She is dating Bram
(c) She has no intention of going to college
(d) She is pretending to be Becky's friend
11. What do Kaitlin and Bram do together in Chapter 29?
12. Who is Hortensia?
(a) Kaitlin's aunt
(b) The Crutchfields' maid
(c) The Crutchfields' lawyer
(d) A Malone neighbor
13. What does Kaitlin pray for at dinner in Chapter 25?
(a) The Crutchfields
(b) For college acceptance letters
(c) For the land deal
(d) For her family's health
14. What does Bram do when he realizes the truth about Kaitlin in Chapter 29?
(a) He pretends he already knew
(b) He kicks hers out of his house
(c) He storms off
(d) He starts to cry
15. What do Kaitlin's parents do in Chapter 30?
(a) They lock Kaitlin out of the house
(b) They take care of her
(c) They invite Becky over to keep Kaitlin company
(d) They send the police to find Kaitlin
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bram try to attack Rick?
2. What does Garner reveal about Kaitlin's mother in Chapter 21?
3. What does Kaitlin ask her father about in Chapter 26?
4. What is Kaitlin preparing for in Chapter 27?
5. In Chapter 17, how does Kaitlin think she has created a mess?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)