|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Kaitlin and her family do together at the end of Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 23, what does Kaitlin wonder about Rick?
(a) What kind of scheme has has with the Crutchfields
(b) What he has been stealing from her family
(c) Whether he is responsible for Bram's father's death
(d) Whether he is a Crutchfield family member
3. What do Kaitlin and Bram do together in Chapter 29?
4. What does Bram tell Kaitlin in Chapter 26?
(a) He can't date her anymore
(b) His father is still alive
(c) His mother has a secret
(d) The land deal has fallen through
5. Who does Garner note was on the scene when Robert Crutchfield died?
(a) Jack Crutchfield
(b) Allison Crutchfield
(c) Josh Crutchfield
(d) Bram Crutchfield
6. In Chapter 28, who does Kaitlin note took her news about Bram the best?
(c) Her mother
(d) Her father
7. In Chapter 28, what did Kaitlin say she used her prayer to do?
(a) Send her sister a coded message
(b) Trick her parents into feeling empathy for the Crutchfields
(c) Tell her parents about the Crutchfields
(d) To show that she is not a little kid anymore
8. Why does Kaitlin go to see Becky in Chapter 27?
(a) So she can introduce Becky to one of Bram's friends
(b) To talk to Becky
(c) To pay Becky money she owes her
(d) So she can tell Becky off
9. What does Kaitlin fail to do at the beginning of Chapter 31?
(a) Get Bram to talk to her
(b) Convince her mother that she is feeling fine
(c) Pass her exam
(d) Arrive at school on time
10. Who sends Kaitlin home at the end of Chapter 29?
11. What does Kaitlin confess at dinner in Chapter 25?
(a) She has no intention of going to college
(b) She helped Rick set up the scheme and land deal
(c) She is dating Bram
(d) She is pretending to be Becky's friend
12. Bram's father's death can best be described as an
(a) Intentional act
(c) Incident which will forever doom the Crutchfields
(d) Instigation designed to destroy the Malones
13. What does Kaitlin realize about Twin Oaks in Chapter 21.
(a) She believes the teachers are excellent
(b) She wants to stay there
(c) She has never felt welcome there
(d) Her grades have suffered tremendously there
14. What does Abby tell Kaitlin in Chapter 19?
(a) She will never forgive Kaitlin
(b) She will deal with the Bookends herself
(c) She intends to get revenge on the Crutchfields
(d) She is going to tell Bram the truth
15. Who calls to offer Kaitlin support in Chapter 30?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kaitlin meet Becky in Chapter 27?
2. What does Bram do when he realizes the truth about Kaitlin in Chapter 29?
3. What does Kaitlin nearly do in Chapter 20?
4. What does Kaitlin ask her father about when they go walking in Chapter 18?
5. Where is Kaitlin in Chapter 23?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)