|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Kaitlin home at the end of Chapter 29?
2. In Chapter 22, Who are the subjects of the Bookends' papers?
(a) Joseph Knowland and Lyndon B. Johnson
(b) Robert Norris and Robert Taft
(c) Robert Bulkley and William Taft
(d) Ernest McFarland and William Knowland
3. Why has Hortensia come to the Malones' house?
(a) To get some documents signed
(b) To help look after Kaitlin
(c) To drop off a casserole
(d) To collect Maggie's diaries
4. How does Kaitlin's mother react to her prayer in Chapter 25?
(a) She becomes enraged
(b) Not at all because she doesn't understand what Kaitlin means by praying for the Crutchfields
(c) She smiles
(d) She hugs Kaitlin
5. What is to happen to the Crutchfield land in Chapter 19?
(a) It is to be bulldozed
(b) It is to be planted with young trees
(c) It is to be sold
(d) It is to be dynamited to create an artificial lake
6. What does Kaitlin liken herself to in Chapter 17?
(a) A fairy
(b) An angel
(c) A monster
(d) A tyrant
7. What does Kaitlin give to Hortensia?
(a) A note for Bram
(b) The bracelet
(c) A hug
(d) A box of old documents
8. In Chapter 24, how does Kaitlin explain what she knew about Rick?
(a) Allison Crutchfield told her
(b) She just knew, just because
(c) Rick told her everything thinking she wouldn't understand
(d) She says she saw him talking to Jack
9. In Chapter 28, who does Kaitlin note took her news about Bram the best?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her father
10. In Chapter 27, what does Kaitlin believe she and Bram can have?
(a) An unrequited love
(b) A secret marriage
(c) A tragic love story
(d) A new start
11. Who does Garner note was on the scene when Robert Crutchfield died?
(a) Bram Crutchfield
(b) Allison Crutchfield
(c) Jack Crutchfield
(d) Josh Crutchfield
12. How do Kaitlin and her sister feel when their father returns home?
13. What does Kaitlin realize about Twin Oaks in Chapter 21.
(a) Her grades have suffered tremendously there
(b) She wants to stay there
(c) She believes the teachers are excellent
(d) She has never felt welcome there
14. What does Abby tell Kaitlin in Chapter 19?
(a) She is going to tell Bram the truth
(b) She intends to get revenge on the Crutchfields
(c) She will never forgive Kaitlin
(d) She will deal with the Bookends herself
15. What is the jewelry Bram is going to give Kaitlin made from?
(a) A seashell
(b) Maggie's diary lock
(d) A silver spoon
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hortensia?
2. What does Kaitlin ask to borrow when Rick enters the office in Chapter 21?
3. Why does Kaitlin go to see Becky in Chapter 27?
4. What does Kaitlin wonder about at the end of Chapter 20?
5. In Chapter 20, after picking up Kaitlin, where does Bram run off to?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)