|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kaitlin realize her identity as a Malone is based on?
(a) Her hatred of the Crutchfields
(b) Her love for her grandparents
(c) Her pride in the family farm
2. Who do the diaries in the garage in Chapter 10 belong to?
(a) Mollie Crutchfield
(b) Millie Crutchfield
(c) Maggie Crutchfield
(d) Marie Crutchfield
3. What does Bram's father want him to study at college?
4. Who are Matt and Jenny?
(a) Kaitlin's aunt and uncle
(b) The couple that live next door to Bram
(c) Bram's friends
(d) Kaitlin's friends from her old school
5. What baby item does Kaitlin find in Chapter 11?
(a) A bottle
(b) A blanket
(c) A rattle
(d) A pacifier
6. What is the name of Kaitlin's high school?
(a) Riverside High School
(b) Mountain Ridge High School
(c) Pine Crest High School
(d) Twin Oaks High School
7. What does Kaitlin want to tell Bram about in Chapter 15?
(a) The rumors his mother has been spreading
(b) Her father's court case
(c) Their shared family history
(d) The diary she ruined
8. What does Kaitlin discover from her phone call to Bram in Chapter 9?
(a) He lives in a rich neighborhood
(b) His car has broken down
(c) He only sees his mother on the weekends
(d) He thinks he is an only child
9. What decade do the diary entries Kaitlin reads in Chapter 13 date to?
(a) The 1980s
(b) The 1870s
(c) The 1930s
(d) The 1840s
10. What does Kaitlin think Jack has realized?
(a) The farmland is undervalued
(b) The bruise on her arm
(c) Her similarity to her father
(d) That Bram is a Crutchfield
11. How does Kaitlin think Bram will react when she tells him the truth about her identity?
(a) She thinks he will be angry
(b) She thinks he will laugh and dump her
(c) She thinks he will understand
(d) She thinks he will be devastated
12. Who is Becky?
(a) A Malone cousin
(b) Bram's ex-girlfriend
(c) Kaitln's friend
(d) Bram's sister
13. What prompts Allison to tell Kaitlin about the diaries in the garage?
(a) Kaitlin mentions reading her grandmother's old diaries
(b) She learns that Kaitlin is taking a local history class
(c) She sees Kaitlin writing in her own diary
(d) Kaitlin says she is reading a novel set in the 1800s
14. Where does Kaitin wait for Bram in Chapter 13?
(a) At Bram's house
(b) At Becky's house
(c) At the vegetable stand
(d) At school
15. What does Kaitlin tell the Bookends to do in Chapter 7?
(a) To apply for jobs on her farm
(b) To find some dirt on the Crutchfields
(c) To get lost
(d) To come to her party
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food does Bram invite Kaitlin to eat with him in Chapter 7?
2. What does Kaitlin thank Bram for in Chapter 10?
3. What year of high school is Caitlin beginning?
4. What does Kaitlin notice about Bram in Chapter 11?
5. What school level is Josh in?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)