|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 51 through 82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The American government equated Communism with _______.
(d) A revolution.
2. Where did Whittaker Chambers hide the "state secrets"?
(a) His son's toy chest.
(b) A carved out pumpkin.
(c) His house.
(d) A deserted lot.
3. Hammett compared his time in jail to ______.
(a) A resort.
(d) Boarding school.
4. Why did Laughton contact Hoover about a wire he sent?
(a) He wanted to gossip.
(b) He assumed it had been intercepted.
(c) He was concerned for his safety.
(d) He wanted to explain.
5. Truman created the House Committee on _______ Activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Hellman in a good position for her testimony?
2. After the war, what governmental entity wanted to keep up their power?
3. With the House, how were people's loyalties originally tested?
4. The House Committee was the age of "guilt by _____."
5. Why was Hammett sent to jail after testifying?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)