|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 51 through 82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The House Committee was the age of "guilt by _____."
2. What did the IRS do to Hammett's money?
(a) Left it alone.
(b) Froze it.
(c) Borrowed it.
(d) Took it.
3. In school and work, Hellman saw herself as an _____ thinker.
4. What was a topic Hellman and Hammett rarely discussed?
(d) Other people.
5. Who joined the House Committee program soon after it started.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Gary Cooper unsure if he'd read a script with Communist propaganda?
2. What distressed Clifford Odets about Hellman's testimony?
3. What did Hellman believe was a common right among men and the reason she accepted the Communist Party?
4. After some time, Hellman began to feel ________ about testifying.
5. While meeting with Mrs. Shipley, whose photo did Hellman see in her file?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)