|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 51 through 82.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before her hearing, Hellman had to go to _____ for a script consultation.
(c) New York.
2. How soon did Hellman experience literary success?
(a) After several plays.
(b) After her McCarthy controversy.
(c) After she died.
(d) After her first play.
3. What was a topic Hellman and Hammett rarely discussed?
(a) Other people.
4. What made Hellman a target for suspicion by the Committee?
(a) She supported Wallace.
(b) Her suspicious trips abroad.
(c) Her general attitude towards police.
(d) Her parent's politics.
5. Wills sees the Cold War offensive as an ______ to the threat of the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wills describes the Cold War as a war of _______.
2. How did Hammett think people would feel about Hellman's high morals?
3. At the end of World War II, who was the enemy?
4. When did America first see Russia as a threat?
5. What did Hellman believe were McCarthy's real convictions?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)