|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 37 through 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hellman believe were McCarthy's real convictions?
(a) He wanted money.
(b) He didn't believe his own preaching.
(c) He wanted to promote art.
(d) He didn't want to go to war.
2. What is Dashiell Hammett's job?
(a) He was an actor.
(c) He was unemployed
3. Why did Hellman go to Germany?
(a) To find her family.
(b) To go to college.
(c) To help clean up.
(d) To meet a celebrity.
4. Truman created the House Committee on _______ Activities.
5. What did Hellman believe was a common right among men and the reason she accepted the Communist Party?
(a) The right to vote.
(b) The right to bear arms.
(c) The right to overthrow a government.
(d) The right to one's own feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hellman viewed Nixon, McCarthy, and McCarran as _______.
2. Why was Wallace not elected in 1948?
3. After Hellman learned some German, what did she realize about her peers?
4. What did Hellman admire about the radicals?
5. When did Hellman begin writing in earnest?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)