|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 37 through 50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wills sees institutions like the House Committee as what?
(a) Common practice.
(b) Occuring in every administration.
(c) One of a kind.
(d) Ocurring once a century.
2. Hellman found it ________ to write about her experiences during the McCarthy hearings.
3. What is Dashiell Hammett's job?
(b) He was unemployed
(c) He was an actor.
4. What do people often and inaccurately accredit to McCarthy?
(a) Truman's election.
(b) The Blacklist.
(c) The Watergate Scandal.
(d) A major terrorist attack.
5. What did Hellman believe caused people to join the Communist Party after the depression?
(d) Social unrest.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of World War II, who was the enemy?
2. How did Hellman feel after Roosevelt's election?
3. Wills explains that the government had an urge to bring ______ propaganda in peace.
4. When did America first see Russia as a threat?
5. What was a topic Hellman and Hammett rarely discussed?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)