|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 95 through 130.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a topic Hellman and Hammett rarely discussed?
(b) Other people.
2. How did Hellman revise her plan for her testimony?
(a) She would invoke the Fifth Amendment.
(b) She would lie about everything.
(c) She would speak honestly about everyone.
(d) She would run away.
3. When Hellman attended Party meetings, how involved was she?
(a) She was an enthusiastic participant.
(b) She organized the events.
(c) She was a primary speaker.
(d) She paid little attention.
4. How did Hellman feel after Roosevelt's election?
5. After Hellman learned some German, what did she realize about her peers?
(a) There were a lot of anti-Semitic conversations.
(b) They thought they won the war.
(c) They all hated her.
(d) They were all trying to come to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. After some time, Hellman began to feel ________ about testifying.
2. When did Hellman begin writing in earnest?
3. How did the government react to the phrase "premature anti-fascist"?
4. Hellman explains that, when it comes to a bad experience, what kind of person is she?
5. Fortas suggested Hellman only answer what type of questions?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)