|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 95 through 130.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hellman have to do for money after her hearing?
(a) Sell her work.
(b) Work three jobs.
(c) Work for McCarthy.
(d) Sell her farm.
2. Before her hearing, Hellman decided not to feel ______.
3. The Committee's neglect of Hellman's letter was a ______.
(a) Smart decision.
4. If Hellman didn't heed the Committee's threats, what would happen to her?
(a) She'd lose her job.
(b) She would be shunned.
(c) She'd be fined.
(d) She'd go to jail.
5. Because of Hellman's money problem, she was afraid she would have to sell her ______.
(d) Mother's jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the IRS do to Hammett's money?
2. Why did Laughton contact Hoover about a wire he sent?
3. How did Hammett think people would feel about Hellman's high morals?
4. Fortas suggested Hellman only answer what type of questions?
5. By the early 1940's, what was Hellman's party affiliation?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)