|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 95 through 130.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Hellman learned some German, what did she realize about her peers?
(a) They all hated her.
(b) They thought they won the war.
(c) They were all trying to come to America.
(d) There were a lot of anti-Semitic conversations.
2. Hellman found it ________ to write about her experiences during the McCarthy hearings.
3. What was Hammett's prediction for the outcome of Hellman's testimony?
(a) Expulsion from California.
(b) An award.
(c) A clean record.
(d) Longer jail time.
4. What was fortunate about Hellman's first marriage?
(a) He was never home.
(b) He supported her writing.
(c) He was loving.
(d) He had a job.
5. What did the IRS do to Hammett's money?
(a) Froze it.
(b) Left it alone.
(c) Borrowed it.
(d) Took it.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the McCarthy hearings, who were most of the studio heads?
2. When Hellman got subpoenaed, she felt _______ at first.
3. Before her hearing, Hellman decided not to feel ______.
4. What distressed Clifford Odets about Hellman's testimony?
5. What was Hellman's "sin" after gaining literary success?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)