|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pappenhack regularly use as a sedative when his mind is restless?
(a) <i>Le Fleurs du Mal</i>.
(b) A toy train.
(c) The evening newspaper.
2. What does Lord Copper attempt to draw at the beginning of Book 3?
(a) A cow.
(b) An automobile.
(c) A dog.
(d) A person.
3. What is the name of Jakes' jackal?
4. How long has Kätchen been with her husband?
(a) Two years.
(b) Thirteen months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three years.
5. What does the Boot family prevent Mr. Salter from drinking?
Short Answer Questions
1. To where do the Ishmaelian taxi drivers in Jacksonburg take foreigners when the latter cannot be understood?
2. From what town does Hitchcock reportedly score a scoop on the Fascists in Ishmaelia?
3. At whose villa does Dr. Benito attempt to persuade William to stay?
4. Of whose esteem is William afraid of losing if he attends the banquet?
5. To whom is it commonly mistaken, by his family, that William has a romantic attachment?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)