|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decade previous to William's story did many European countries attempt expeditions to Ishmaelia?
(a) The 1890s.
(b) The 1820s.
(c) The 1870s.
(d) The 1770s.
2. How much per week does William agree to pay Kätchen for news?
(a) 100 American dollars.
(b) 10 American dollars.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
3. Why are all of the boys working in Frau Dressler's pension excused on a holiday in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The Ishmaelite New Year.
(b) The rains have ended.
(c) The rains have begun.
(d) The Ismaelian Day of Independence.
4. At what time does Mr. Salter arrive at Boot Magna Hall?
(a) 8 p.m.
(b) 1 a.m.
(c) 10 p.m.
(d) 4:30 p.m.
5. What family holds a dynasty over the Ishmaelian government?
(a) The Soum family.
(b) The Jackson family.
(c) The Boot family.
(d) The Benito family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pappenhack regularly use as a sedative when his mind is restless?
2. Where do the Boots ship Priscilla in order to accommodate Mr. Salter's visit?
3. From where does Paleologue provide servant boys to the journalists at the Hotel Liberty?
4. What regular Ishmaelite practice has kept the country from being colonized?
5. What does the Boot family prevent Mr. Salter from drinking?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)