|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Roman author is Josephine reading on John Boot's arrival?
(b) Marcus Aurelius.
2. Who is the most valued friend of John Boot?
(a) Mrs. Stitch.
(b) Lord Copper.
(c) Lady Metroland.
(d) Mr. Stitch.
3. In what month do the events of the <i>Scoop</i> begin to unfold?
4. What object does Corker purchase for himself while at Steamer Point?
(a) A tiny leather rhinocerous.
(b) A ceramic pig.
(c) An elephant of synthetic ivory.
(d) A tribal mask.
5. What unfortunately happens to William's first passport?
(a) It is lost.
(b) It is dropped in a river.
(c) It has a terrible photo.
(d) It is burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what airport does William fly after leaving England?
2. How many visas is William advised to get for his trip to Ishmaelia?
3. From where is William supposed to leave England?
4. Of what does Mr. Salter insist Lord Copper must remain ignorant?
5. How does Mr. Salter always answer Lord Copper when the latter is incorrect?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mr. Salter and the Managing Editor decide to see which of the two will take the blame for not having a Boot present at Lord Copper's banquet?
2. Describe the activity in Mrs. Stitch's bedroom when John Boot comes to visit her in her home.
3. In what way does Lord Copper directly contradict himself while speaking to William about the Ishmaelian conflict?
4. How is Lord Copper is made at ease in the unfamiliar social circle of Lady Metroland?
5. How do William and Corker both feel about Dr. Benito at the meeting of the Foreign Press Association?
6. Why has John Boot's situation in London become very awkward?
7. What does William think about when he sees the unappetizing fish offered to him at lunch aboard the <i>Francmacon</i>?
8. How does William avoid meeting with any of the important members of the <i>Daily Beast</i> when he arrives in London?
9. What seemingly important piece of information does William uncover by talking with Jack Bannister, and why can he not make a story of it?
10. What begins to bother William professionally towards the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)