|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous reporter has <i>The Daily Beast</i> recently lost to a competitor?
2. How does Mr. Salter always answer Lord Copper when the latter is incorrect?
(a) "Up to a point."
(b) "Within reason, Lord Copper."
(c) "Definitely, Lord Copper."
(d) "It is possible."
3. For how long has Mrs. Stitch been stranded in her car when William arrives?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) Seventy-two minutes.
(d) Four minutes.
4. At what time does Mr. Salter awake William by telephone while the latter is at the hotel?
(a) 8 a.m.
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) 1 p.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
5. To what street is William suddenly whisked off to in a taxi in order to cover a story regarding Mrs. Stitch?
(a) St. Bride's Avenue.
(b) Sloane Street.
(c) Walker Street.
(d) Fleet Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William's initial destination on his way to Ishmaelia?
2. Why does Mrs. Stitch prefer the sort of car she drives?
3. What object of William's passes by the customs officials of the airport without scrutiny?
4. After conversing with William about their respective destinations, William's companion on the train begins to read what?
5. Who is the proprietor of <i>The Daily Brute</i>?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does William not travel with the rest of the journalists to Laku?
2. What is further revealed about William when he receives his first cable from the <i>Daily Beast</i>?
3. For what reason is Erik Olafsen ostensibly sent out of Jacksonburg at the beginning of Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. What does William think about when he sees the unappetizing fish offered to him at lunch aboard the <i>Francmacon</i>?
5. What is revealed about the priorities of the <i>Daily Beast</i> by the man asking for William's passport as he is about to depart?
6. Why do the newspapers routinely return from the sickrooms "hopelessly mutilated" at Boot Magna Hall?
7. What primarily disgusts William about the <i>Daily Beast</i> on his return to civilized parts of the world?
8. What should stick out to the woefully unjournalistic mind of William when his fellow passenger also leaves the train in Marseilles?
9. What does the Boot family think about Mr. Salter when he arrives at Boot Magna Hall?
10. What begins to bother William professionally towards the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)