|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does William Boot, after a harrowing morning in the hotel, reach Copper House, to Mr. Salter's dismay?
(a) 12 p.m.
(b) 2 p.m.
(c) 11 a.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
2. Who is the most valued friend of John Boot?
(a) Mr. Stitch.
(b) Lord Copper.
(c) Mrs. Stitch.
(d) Lady Metroland.
3. On what animal has William Boot composed one of his "more finished essays," as reported in Book 1, Chapter 2?
(a) The wolf.
(b) The badger.
(c) The great crested grebe.
(d) The willow-tailed fox.
4. What important individual initially meets William at the equipment emporium?
(a) Lord Copper.
(b) John Boot.
(c) General Cruttwell.
(d) Algernon Stitch.
5. Into what airport does William fly after leaving England?
(a) Aeroports de Paris.
(b) Aeroport de Marseilles.
(c) Brussels Airport.
(d) Le Bourget.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does "unnatural" correspond in the telegram William receives at Aden?
2. What famous reporter has <i>The Daily Beast</i> recently lost to a competitor?
3. How does Josephine Stitch always greet John Boot?
4. What sort of car does Mrs. Stitch drive?
5. How does Mr. Salter always answer Lord Copper when the latter is incorrect?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Baldwin affect the counter-revolution which overthrows the Soviet Union of Ishmaelia?
2. What is further revealed about William when he receives his first cable from the <i>Daily Beast</i>?
3. What important piece of news does Kätchen bring to William after the former spends a morning shopping?
4. What does the Boot family think about Mr. Salter when he arrives at Boot Magna Hall?
5. What greatly inconveniences William on his arrival in Paris?
6. What should stick out to the woefully unjournalistic mind of William when his fellow passenger also leaves the train in Marseilles?
7. What is Corker's chief complaint about the journalistic profession in Jacksonburg, as he tells William just after using the latter's toothbrush?
8. What has happened to Corker and Pigge on their journey to Laku?
9. How does Mrs. Stitch persuade Lord Copper to seek out John Boot as the foreign war correspondent to Ishmaelia?
10. How is Lord Copper is made at ease in the unfamiliar social circle of Lady Metroland?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)