|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what street is William suddenly whisked off to in a taxi in order to cover a story regarding Mrs. Stitch?
(a) Fleet Street.
(b) Sloane Street.
(c) Walker Street.
(d) St. Bride's Avenue.
2. To what does "unnatural" correspond in the telegram William receives at Aden?
(a) Sea travel.
(b) Universal News.
3. Where does John Boot wish to be sent, as revealed in his private conversation with Mrs. Stitch?
4. What side of the Ishmaelite conflict does Lord Copper insist is in the right?
(a) The Traitors.
(b) The Patriots.
(c) The Independents.
(d) The Rebels.
5. What makes Corker ill while on the ship to Ishmaelia?
(a) The fish.
(b) A virus.
(c) The humidity.
(d) The wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is William intending to depart the train?
2. What beverage does Corker attempt to order from the steward on the boat?
3. What is the name of the woman who attends William in the equipment emporium?
4. When William first arrives at the Megalopolitan building, he finds it:
5. After conversing with William about their respective destinations, William's companion on the train begins to read what?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Mr. Salter insist upon William keeping a low profile until the passport mess is sorted out?
2. How has Sir Jocelyn Hitchcock left the service of Lord Copper's <i>Daily Beast</i>?
3. How does Nannie Boggs misunderstand Mr. Salter's visit to Boot Magna Hall?
4. How do William and Corker both feel about Dr. Benito at the meeting of the Foreign Press Association?
5. What realization prompts Lord Copper to see himself as a lonely, deserted leader, having to make do for the incompetence of his subordinates?
6. What characterizes the speech of the black Ishmaelian speaking in Hyde Park when William takes a walk through?
7. How - and why - is Corker dressed upon his arrival in the dining room of the <i>Francmacon</i>?
8. What is the primary point of the thesis of Smiles Soum's manifesto?
9. In what way does Lord Copper directly contradict himself while speaking to William about the Ishmaelian conflict?
10. For what reason is William and Mr. Salter's first meeting rather awkward for both men?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)