|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the <i>Francmacon</i>'s deck is given up to the captain's quarters?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A third.
(d) Almost all.
2. What city is Mr. Salter attempting to locate in an atlas on occasion of his first meeting with William Boot?
3. Why does Mrs. Stitch prefer the sort of car she drives?
(a) It does not use much petrol.
(b) It fits on the curb.
(c) It designates her social status.
(d) It can carry a lot of luggage.
4. How many servants attend to the Boot family?
5. What sort of coin does William mistakenly attempt to give the steward on the train to London?
(a) A sovereign.
(b) A pound.
(c) A six-pence.
(d) A shilling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Corker left England previous to the Ishmaelia expedition?
2. What does the Swiss waiter attempt to persuade William's companion in the train to purchase?
3. How does William's train companion relate making the acquaintance of his valet?
4. What makes Corker ill while on the ship to Ishmaelia?
5. Who is the proprietor of <i>The Daily Brute</i>?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does William think about when he sees the unappetizing fish offered to him at lunch aboard the <i>Francmacon</i>?
2. In what way does Kätchen abuse William's attraction to her?
3. In what way does Lord Copper directly contradict himself while speaking to William about the Ishmaelian conflict?
4. Describe the activity in Mrs. Stitch's bedroom when John Boot comes to visit her in her home.
5. How do William and Corker both feel about Dr. Benito at the meeting of the Foreign Press Association?
6. What is ironic about the Consul-General of the first Ishmaelian Legation visited by William?
7. With what common and well-practiced activity is William content to live out his life?
8. How does Nannie Boggs misunderstand Mr. Salter's visit to Boot Magna Hall?
9. What characterizes the speech of the black Ishmaelian speaking in Hyde Park when William takes a walk through?
10. What is Corker's chief complaint about the journalistic profession in Jacksonburg, as he tells William just after using the latter's toothbrush?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)