|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous reporter has <i>The Daily Beast</i> recently lost to a competitor?
2. What longtime secret ambition of William's is near to fulfillment towards the end of Book 1, Chapter 3?
(a) To leave England.
(b) To visit a foreign country.
(c) To fly in a plane.
(d) To cover a big story.
3. From where is William supposed to leave England?
(c) South London.
(d) West Kensington.
4. How many members of the Boot family live in Boot Magna Hall?
5. What word does William use to describe the captain's wife to Corker upon first meeting the latter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mr. Salter's most recent previous position with <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
2. Which member of the Boot family owns the motor car?
3. Which novel of John Boot's does Mrs. Stitch praise while abed?
4. How much money is William given by <i>The Daily Beast</i> in traveler's checks?
5. With what animal does Priscilla mischievously replace the animal on which William Boot had written for his recent Lush Places article?
Short Essay Questions
1. In his mind, how is William's job as the author of the <i>Lush Places</i> column in the <i>Daily Beast</i> is threatened?
2. For what reason does William move out of the Hotel Liberty and into the Pension Dressler?
3. How does Mrs. Stitch react to John Boot's perplexed inquiries regarding his invitation to knighthood?
4. How does Dr. Benito treat William when he discovers that the latter is not going to Laku?
5. Describe the activity in Mrs. Stitch's bedroom when John Boot comes to visit her in her home.
6. Why does Mr. Salter insist on walking to Boot Magna Hall, rather than riding in the truck full of slag?
7. How - and why - is Corker dressed upon his arrival in the dining room of the <i>Francmacon</i>?
8. Why has Mrs. Stitch ended up with her car unfortunately stuck after driving down a flight of stairs?
9. What important piece of news does Kätchen bring to William after the former spends a morning shopping?
10. Why is Mr. Salter sympathetic in thought if not action to William's desire to stay home and continue writing <i>Lush Places</i>?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)