Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what sort of art is Corker infatuated?
(a) Oriental Art.
(b) American Art.
(c) African Art.
(d) Occidental Art.
2. For what item is William asked at the very end of Book 1, Chapter 3?
(a) A hundred pounds.
(b) His passport.
(c) His typewriter.
(d) An autograph.
3. How many lords are on staff at the Megalopolitan office?
4. From what famous individual has Uncle Bernard traced William Boot's descent?
(a) Ethelred the Unready.
(b) King Alfred.
(c) Uther Pendragon.
(d) Canute the Celt.
5. What sort of coin does William mistakenly attempt to give the steward on the train to London?
(a) A six-pence.
(b) A shilling.
(c) A sovereign.
(d) A pound.
Short Answer Questions
1. With how many other passengers does William fly on his way to Paris?
2. What is the new word which Josephine learns and uses to describe many things to John Boot?
3. What longtime secret ambition of William's is near to fulfillment towards the end of Book 1, Chapter 3?
4. Which novel of John Boot's does Mrs. Stitch praise while abed?
5. What beverage does Corker attempt to order from the steward on the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Corker and Pigge on their journey to Laku?
2. For what reason does Mr. Salter insist upon William keeping a low profile until the passport mess is sorted out?
3. What greatly inconveniences William on his arrival in Paris?
4. What begins to bother William professionally towards the end of Chapter 2?
5. How does Mrs. Stitch persuade Lord Copper to seek out John Boot as the foreign war correspondent to Ishmaelia?
6. Why does Mr. Salter insist on walking to Boot Magna Hall, rather than riding in the truck full of slag?
7. Why has Mrs. Stitch ended up with her car unfortunately stuck after driving down a flight of stairs?
8. What seemingly important piece of information does William uncover by talking with Jack Bannister, and why can he not make a story of it?
9. For what reason is William and Mr. Salter's first meeting rather awkward for both men?
10. What is further revealed about William when he receives his first cable from the <i>Daily Beast</i>?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)