|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the proprietor of <i>The Daily Brute</i>?
(a) Sir Maubray.
(b) Lord Copper.
(c) Lord Zinc.
(d) Mr. Salter.
2. What beverage does Corker attempt to order from the steward on the boat?
(a) A glass of Riesling.
(b) A glass of Bourdeaux.
(c) A tablespoon of butter.
(d) A pint of bitter.
3. How many members of the Boot family live in Boot Magna Hall?
4. Who is the most valued friend of John Boot?
(a) Mrs. Stitch.
(b) Lady Metroland.
(c) Lord Copper.
(d) Mr. Stitch.
5. At what time does William Boot, after a harrowing morning in the hotel, reach Copper House, to Mr. Salter's dismay?
(a) 4 p.m.
(b) 2 p.m.
(c) 11 a.m.
(d) 12 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Corker ill while on the ship to Ishmaelia?
2. On what animal has William Boot composed one of his "more finished essays," as reported in Book 1, Chapter 2?
3. For how long has Mrs. Stitch been stranded in her car when William arrives?
4. What is the name of the ship in which William must travel to Aden?
5. What is the title of William Boot's regular column in <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important piece of news does Kätchen bring to William after the former spends a morning shopping?
2. Why do the newspapers routinely return from the sickrooms "hopelessly mutilated" at Boot Magna Hall?
3. How is Lord Copper is made at ease in the unfamiliar social circle of Lady Metroland?
4. How is William treated when he first arrives at Croydon, and what affects this sort of treatment?
5. What are the names of two places named for General Cruttwell?
6. For what reason is Erik Olafsen ostensibly sent out of Jacksonburg at the beginning of Book 2, Chapter 3?
7. For what reason does John Boot come to see Julia Stitch at the beginning of the story?
8. In what way does Lord Copper directly contradict himself while speaking to William about the Ishmaelian conflict?
9. Under what threat does William agree to be the <i>Daily Beast</i>'s war correspondent to Ishmaelia?
10. What has happened to Corker and Pigge on their journey to Laku?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)