|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month do the events of the <i>Scoop</i> begin to unfold?
2. What is the title of William Boot's regular column in <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
(a) <i>The Questing Vole.</i>
(b) <i>London Gentleman.</i>
(c) <i>Lush Places.</i>
(d) <i>Plashy Fens.</i>
3. Which member of the Boot family owns the motor car?
(a) Aunt Anne.
(b) Uncle Roderick.
(c) Priscilla Boot.
(d) Uncle Theodore.
4. To what street is William suddenly whisked off to in a taxi in order to cover a story regarding Mrs. Stitch?
(a) Fleet Street.
(b) St. Bride's Avenue.
(c) Sloane Street.
(d) Walker Street.
5. How much money is William given by <i>The Daily Beast</i> in traveler's checks?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 1000 shillings.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 10,000 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of coin does William mistakenly attempt to give the steward on the train to London?
2. What object of William's passes by the customs officials of the airport without scrutiny?
3. For what paper does Mr. Pappenhacker work?
4. How many visas is William advised to get for his trip to Ishmaelia?
5. Where does John Boot wish to be sent, as revealed in his private conversation with Mrs. Stitch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the French colonial administrator aboard the <i>Francmacon</i> perplexed by William going to Ishmaelia?
2. What characterizes the speech of the black Ishmaelian speaking in Hyde Park when William takes a walk through?
3. What important piece of news does Kätchen bring to William after the former spends a morning shopping?
4. What begins to bother William professionally towards the end of Chapter 2?
5. How does Mrs. Stitch persuade Lord Copper to seek out John Boot as the foreign war correspondent to Ishmaelia?
6. By what misunderstanding is William Boot mistaken for the Boot that Lord Copper asked Mr. Salter to find?
7. Describe the condition of the <i>Francmacon</i>, the ship upon which William has to sail from Marseilles.
8. How does Nannie Boggs misunderstand Mr. Salter's visit to Boot Magna Hall?
9. How is William able to send his second big story to the <i>Daily Beast</i> after the Soviet coup?
10. How do William and Corker both feel about Dr. Benito at the meeting of the Foreign Press Association?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)