|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what country does <i>The Daily Beast</i> want William Boot to travel?
2. What was Mr. Salter's most recent previous position with <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
(a) Editor of the Domestic News.
(b) Trade reporter.
(c) Editor of the Women's Page.
(d) Assistant editor of the Financial Section.
3. What French philosopher is mentioned in Book 1, Chapter 4, section 6?
(a) Rene Descartes.
(c) Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
(d) Jacques Maritain.
4. What sort of coin does William mistakenly attempt to give the steward on the train to London?
(a) A sovereign.
(b) A six-pence.
(c) A pound.
(d) A shilling.
5. How many times has Corker left England previous to the Ishmaelia expedition?
(a) Dozens of times.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where is William supposed to leave England?
2. What animal does the Captain of the <i>Francmacon</i>'s wife keep as a pet?
3. To where does William walk after returning to his hotel, following the incident in Croydon?
4. Which activity is Mrs. Stitch NOT performing from her bed when John Boot visits?
5. What is the title of William Boot's regular column in <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characterizes the speech of the black Ishmaelian speaking in Hyde Park when William takes a walk through?
2. How - and why - is Corker dressed upon his arrival in the dining room of the <i>Francmacon</i>?
3. By what misunderstanding is William Boot mistaken for the Boot that Lord Copper asked Mr. Salter to find?
4. Why has Mrs. Stitch ended up with her car unfortunately stuck after driving down a flight of stairs?
5. Why does Mr. Salter insist on walking to Boot Magna Hall, rather than riding in the truck full of slag?
6. For what reason does William move out of the Hotel Liberty and into the Pension Dressler?
7. What are the names of two places named for General Cruttwell?
8. How does William avoid meeting with any of the important members of the <i>Daily Beast</i> when he arrives in London?
9. In what way does Lord Copper directly contradict himself while speaking to William about the Ishmaelian conflict?
10. How has Sir Jocelyn Hitchcock left the service of Lord Copper's <i>Daily Beast</i>?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)