|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of William Boot's regular column in <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
(a) <i>Plashy Fens.</i>
(b) <i>London Gentleman.</i>
(c) <i>Lush Places.</i>
(d) <i>The Questing Vole.</i>
2. What position does John Boot initially seek from Mr. Stitch as a means of foreign employ?
(a) A diplomatic ambassador.
(b) A trade representative.
(c) A position of espionage.
(d) A wartime correspondent.
3. What important individual initially meets William at the equipment emporium?
(a) Lord Copper.
(b) John Boot.
(c) Algernon Stitch.
(d) General Cruttwell.
4. What is the new word which Josephine learns and uses to describe many things to John Boot?
5. What word describes William Boot's opinion of his visits to London?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does the French colonial administrator have?
2. Which novel of John Boot's does Mrs. Stitch praise while abed?
3. Which member of the Boot family owns the motor car?
4. What is the cost to transport William's luggage to his first destination?
5. How long does Mrs. Stitch take in the bath while John Boot waits?
Short Essay Questions
1. With what common and well-practiced activity is William content to live out his life?
2. What is the chief concern of Lord Copper and Mr. Salter as William makes his way back to London, and how do they plan to deal with this concern?
3. Describe William's interaction with his unusual fellow passenger in the restaurant car of the train to Marseilles.
4. What characterizes the speech of the black Ishmaelian speaking in Hyde Park when William takes a walk through?
5. Describe the condition of the <i>Francmacon</i>, the ship upon which William has to sail from Marseilles.
6. What are the names of two places named for General Cruttwell?
7. How do the journalists in Jacksonburg make up for the lack of news when they first arrive in Ishmaelia?
8. How do Mr. Salter and the Managing Editor decide to see which of the two will take the blame for not having a Boot present at Lord Copper's banquet?
9. What greatly inconveniences William on his arrival in Paris?
10. How has Sir Jocelyn Hitchcock left the service of Lord Copper's <i>Daily Beast</i>?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)