|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Mr. Salter insist Lord Copper must remain ignorant?
(a) A fire in Lord Copper's office.
(b) Mrs. Stitch discovering the mix-up.
(c) The oversight of the passport.
(d) William oversleeping by half a day.
2. What was Mr. Salter's most recent previous position with <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
(a) Editor of the Domestic News.
(b) Assistant editor of the Financial Section.
(c) Editor of the Women's Page.
(d) Trade reporter.
3. Which member of the Boot family owns the motor car?
(a) Uncle Theodore.
(b) Uncle Roderick.
(c) Priscilla Boot.
(d) Aunt Anne.
4. What is the name of the companion's valet on the train?
5. With how many other passengers does William fly on his way to Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lords are on staff at the Megalopolitan office?
2. What is the cost to transport William's luggage to his first destination?
3. How many servants attend to the Boot family?
4. How does Mr. Salter always answer Lord Copper when the latter is incorrect?
5. What food do William, the French administrator, and the administrator's children reject while dining on the <i>Francmacon</i>?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does William think about when he sees the unappetizing fish offered to him at lunch aboard the <i>Francmacon</i>?
2. How does Dr. Benito treat William when he discovers that the latter is not going to Laku?
3. For what reason is Erik Olafsen ostensibly sent out of Jacksonburg at the beginning of Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. How do the guests of Lord Copper's banquet amuse themselves while Lord Copper delivers his 38-minute speech?
5. What begins to bother William professionally towards the end of Chapter 2?
6. In his mind, how is William's job as the author of the <i>Lush Places</i> column in the <i>Daily Beast</i> is threatened?
7. For what reason does John Boot come to see Julia Stitch at the beginning of the story?
8. How do Mr. Salter and the Managing Editor decide to see which of the two will take the blame for not having a Boot present at Lord Copper's banquet?
9. What is ironic about the Consul-General of the first Ishmaelian Legation visited by William?
10. How does Nannie Boggs misunderstand Mr. Salter's visit to Boot Magna Hall?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)