Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money is William given by <i>The Daily Beast</i> in traveler's checks?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 1000 shillings.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 10,000 pounds.
2. Into what airport does William fly after leaving England?
(a) Aeroport de Marseilles.
(b) Le Bourget.
(c) Aeroports de Paris.
(d) Brussels Airport.
3. For what paper does Mr. Pappenhacker work?
(a) <i>The Twopence</i>.
(b) <i>The Daily Beast</i>.
(c) <i>The Daily Brute</i>.
(d) <i>The Messageries Maritimes</i>.
4. For what item is William asked at the very end of Book 1, Chapter 3?
(a) His passport.
(b) A hundred pounds.
(c) An autograph.
(d) His typewriter.
5. What is the title of William Boot's regular column in <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
(a) <i>The Questing Vole.</i>
(b) <i>Plashy Fens.</i>
(c) <i>London Gentleman.</i>
(d) <i>Lush Places.</i>
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Mr. Salter insist Lord Copper must remain ignorant?
2. In what month do the events of the <i>Scoop</i> begin to unfold?
3. Which member of the Boot family owns the house and estate?
4. What is the cost to transport William's luggage to his first destination?
5. From where is William supposed to leave England?
Short Essay Questions
1. By what misunderstanding is William Boot mistaken for the Boot that Lord Copper asked Mr. Salter to find?
2. How does William avoid meeting with any of the important members of the <i>Daily Beast</i> when he arrives in London?
3. Describe William's interaction with his unusual fellow passenger in the restaurant car of the train to Marseilles.
4. What is the chief concern of Lord Copper and Mr. Salter as William makes his way back to London, and how do they plan to deal with this concern?
5. For what reason is William and Mr. Salter's first meeting rather awkward for both men?
6. What should stick out to the woefully unjournalistic mind of William when his fellow passenger also leaves the train in Marseilles?
7. How is William treated when he first arrives at Croydon, and what affects this sort of treatment?
8. Why is the French colonial administrator aboard the <i>Francmacon</i> perplexed by William going to Ishmaelia?
9. How do Mr. Salter and the Managing Editor decide to see which of the two will take the blame for not having a Boot present at Lord Copper's banquet?
10. How do the journalists in Jacksonburg make up for the lack of news when they first arrive in Ishmaelia?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)