|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of William Boot's regular column in <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
(a) <i>London Gentleman.</i>
(b) <i>The Questing Vole.</i>
(c) <i>Plashy Fens.</i>
(d) <i>Lush Places.</i>
2. What city is Mr. Salter attempting to locate in an atlas on occasion of his first meeting with William Boot?
3. After conversing with William about their respective destinations, William's companion on the train begins to read what?
(a) A love letter from his wife.
(b) A work of French philosophy.
(c) A copy of <i>The Daily Beast</i>.
(d) A work of German poetry.
4. How many members of the Boot family live in Boot Magna Hall?
5. For what do the initials of Corker's agency "U.N." stand?
(a) Universe News.
(b) Unlimited Nationals.
(c) Universal News.
(d) United News.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does William Boot, after a harrowing morning in the hotel, reach Copper House, to Mr. Salter's dismay?
2. To where does William walk after returning to his hotel, following the incident in Croydon?
3. What sort of coin does William mistakenly attempt to give the steward on the train to London?
4. How many times has Corker left England previous to the Ishmaelia expedition?
5. What word describes William Boot's opinion of his visits to London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the names of two places named for General Cruttwell?
2. Describe the condition of the <i>Francmacon</i>, the ship upon which William has to sail from Marseilles.
3. Why does William not travel with the rest of the journalists to Laku?
4. How does Erik Olafsen change the more alcohol he drinks, and why is this significant?
5. How do the journalists generally treat one another?
6. Why is Mr. Salter sympathetic in thought if not action to William's desire to stay home and continue writing <i>Lush Places</i>?
7. What has happened to Corker and Pigge on their journey to Laku?
8. Why has John Boot's situation in London become very awkward?
9. In what way does Kätchen abuse William's attraction to her?
10. What does the Boot family think about Mr. Salter when he arrives at Boot Magna Hall?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)