|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the proprietor of <i>The Daily Brute</i>?
(a) Lord Zinc.
(b) Lord Copper.
(c) Mr. Salter.
(d) Sir Maubray.
2. What is the name of the woman who attends William in the equipment emporium?
(a) Miss Barton.
(b) Mrs. Salter.
(c) Miss Bloggs.
(d) Miss Burkley.
3. At what time does Mr. Salter awake William by telephone while the latter is at the hotel?
(a) 1 p.m.
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
4. How much does William's toothbrush purchased from the hotel cost?
(a) Five shillings.
(b) One pound.
(c) Four shillings.
(d) Eight pounds.
5. What important individual initially meets William at the equipment emporium?
(a) John Boot.
(b) Algernon Stitch.
(c) Lord Copper.
(d) General Cruttwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of William Boot's regular column in <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
2. For what do the initials of Corker's agency "U.N." stand?
3. At what time of the evening does Mrs. Stitch invariably go home, according to John Boot?
4. What does the Swiss waiter attempt to persuade William's companion in the train to purchase?
5. From where is William supposed to leave England?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is William treated when he first arrives at Croydon, and what affects this sort of treatment?
2. How has Sir Jocelyn Hitchcock left the service of Lord Copper's <i>Daily Beast</i>?
3. What is the primary point of the thesis of Smiles Soum's manifesto?
4. What has happened to Corker and Pigge on their journey to Laku?
5. In what way does Lord Copper directly contradict himself while speaking to William about the Ishmaelian conflict?
6. Why does William not travel with the rest of the journalists to Laku?
7. How is William able to send his second big story to the <i>Daily Beast</i> after the Soviet coup?
8. How is Lord Copper is made at ease in the unfamiliar social circle of Lady Metroland?
9. How do the guests of Lord Copper's banquet amuse themselves while Lord Copper delivers his 38-minute speech?
10. How does Dr. Benito treat William when he discovers that the latter is not going to Laku?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)