|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long has Frau Dressler lived in Africa?
(a) All her life.
(b) Seventeen years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Ten years.
2. What is the name of Priscilla's dog?
3. About what does Mr. Salter interrupt Lord Copper's drawing at the beginning of Book 3?
(b) The war in Ishmaelia.
4. Which of the journalists staying at the Hotel Liberty is suspected of receiving secret information from the government?
5. Who writes the final report from Ishmaelia to <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
(a) Mr. Baldwin.
6. Where does Lord Copper propose sending William on his next foreign assignment?
(d) The South Pole.
7. What two beasts prominently roam on tethers in the front yard of William's second place of residence in Ishmaelia?
(a) A milch-goat and a gander.
(b) A baboon and a pig.
(c) A pig and a dog.
(d) A pig and a milch-goat.
8. Who is the director of the Ishmaelite Press Bureau?
(a) Rathbone Jackson.
(b) Erik Olafsen.
(c) Mrs. Earl Russell Jackson.
(d) Dr. Benito.
9. How many gorillas does Hitchcock jokingly claim to have seen after his "return" from Ishmaelia's interior?
10. Which member of the Boot family keeps Mr. Salter up late and unintentionally forces him to sleep in a chair?
(a) Nannie Bloggs.
(c) Uncle Bernard.
(d) Uncle Theodore.
11. Who is the reported leader of the Fascists in Ishmaelia?
(a) Smiles Soum.
(b) Rathbone Jackson.
(c) Dr. Benito.
(d) Gollancz Jackson.
12. Where does Smiles, the Fascist leader, escape after stealing German money?
(a) The Sudan.
(c) The Congo.
13. Where do the Boots ship Priscilla in order to accommodate Mr. Salter's visit?
(a) The Caldicotes.
(b) South Hampton.
(c) The Hickenfelds.
14. What regular Ishmaelite practice has kept the country from being colonized?
(a) Ritual suicide.
15. What food does Kätchen's husband eat in William's room?
(a) Assorted Ismaelian fruit.
(b) A Christmas dinner.
(c) Canned yams.
(d) Half a spiral ham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Onto what structure does Mr. Baldwin parachute?
2. On William and Corker's train to Ishmaelia, who selfishly occupies one of the four first-class compartments?
3. What is the name of the proprietress of the Hotel Liberty?
4. From what correspondence school has Bateson graduated?
5. What is the capital city of Ishmaelia?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)