|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what do William and the young German girl climb while William is moving into his new room?
(a) A mess.
(b) A tree.
(c) A canoe.
(d) A tent.
2. What is the name of Priscilla's dog?
3. How long does the Soviet Union of Ishmaelia last?
(a) Twenty weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) One day.
(d) Sixteen years.
4. On William and Corker's train to Ishmaelia, who selfishly occupies one of the four first-class compartments?
(b) A Swiss ticket collector.
(c) William and Corker.
(d) An English diplomat.
5. What alliterative word is used to first describe the four Frenchmen in the Hotel Liberty?
6. What is unique about the stones William bought from Kätchen?
(a) Absolutely nothing.
(b) They are solid opal.
(c) They have silver ore.
(d) They have gold ore.
7. What family holds a dynasty over the Ishmaelian government?
(a) The Jackson family.
(b) The Soum family.
(c) The Benito family.
(d) The Boot family.
8. How many cabs transport William and all his luggage from Victoria?
9. What regular Ishmaelite practice has kept the country from being colonized?
(b) Ritual suicide.
10. What does Lord Copper attempt to draw at the beginning of Book 3?
(a) An automobile.
(b) A cow.
(c) A person.
(d) A dog.
11. How far outside of Jacksonburg are Pigge and Corker stuck?
(a) Eighty miles.
(b) Thirteen miles.
(c) Twelve miles.
(d) Eight kilometers.
12. When the journalists leave Jacksonburg to chase Hitchcock's story, where does William go?
(a) He returns to England.
(b) He stays in Jacksonburg.
(c) He goes to Laku.
(d) He goes to Agobe.
13. Who writes the final report from Ishmaelia to <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
(d) Mr. Baldwin.
14. What is Corker's wife's name?
15. What is Kätchen's father's nationality?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what town does Hitchcock reportedly score a scoop on the Fascists in Ishmaelia?
2. To where does William move after two photographers join his and Corker's room at the Hotel Liberty?
3. How long has the President been locked up when William hears of it from Kätchen?
4. Who chairs the Foreign Press Association in Sir Jocelyn Hitchcock's absence?
5. What does the Boot family give up for the sake of the war effort in 1914?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)