|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What regular Ishmaelite practice has kept the country from being colonized?
(c) Ritual suicide.
2. At what time did the Ishmaelites think the journalists were leaving?
(a) 2 p.m.
(b) 7 a.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) 10 p.m.
3. When the journalists leave Jacksonburg to chase Hitchcock's story, where does William go?
(a) He goes to Agobe.
(b) He stays in Jacksonburg.
(c) He goes to Laku.
(d) He returns to England.
4. What does the Boot family prevent Mr. Salter from drinking?
5. What does William sign for Bateson while the latter has a drink?
(a) A cleft-stick.
(b) A hat.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A napkin.
6. Why are all of the boys working in Frau Dressler's pension excused on a holiday in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The rains have ended.
(b) The Ishmaelite New Year.
(c) The rains have begun.
(d) The Ismaelian Day of Independence.
7. On what date is Boot's banquet scheduled?
(a) October 9th.
(b) December 11th.
(c) September 16th.
(d) August 29th.
8. From where does Paleologue provide servant boys to the journalists at the Hotel Liberty?
(a) The Department of Internal Affairs.
(b) The hotel annex.
(c) The Adventist Mission.
(d) The Catholic Mission.
9. From what correspondence school has Bateson graduated?
10. How long does the Soviet Union of Ishmaelia last?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Twenty weeks.
11. Who is the reported leader of the Fascists in Ishmaelia?
(a) Smiles Soum.
(b) Gollancz Jackson.
(c) Rathbone Jackson.
(d) Dr. Benito.
12. How much money per year is the contract Mr. Salter offers William at Boot Magna Hall?
(a) 32,000 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 10,000 pounds.
(d) 2,000 pounds.
13. How many gorillas does Hitchcock jokingly claim to have seen after his "return" from Ishmaelia's interior?
14. What is Jack Bannister's long-time nickname?
15. What alliterative word is used to first describe the four Frenchmen in the Hotel Liberty?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is William Boot, on his return to England, first met by a <i>Daily Beast</i> representative?
2. In what language does Mr. Baldwin speak with Mr. Popotakis?
3. For how much does William buy the stones offered him by Kätchen?
4. Which nation has been manipulating Dr. Benito for its financial advantage in Ishmaelia?
5. From what town does Hitchcock reportedly score a scoop on the Fascists in Ishmaelia?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)