|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the reported leader of the Fascists in Ishmaelia?
(a) Smiles Soum.
(b) Gollancz Jackson.
(c) Dr. Benito.
(d) Rathbone Jackson.
2. Why are all of the boys working in Frau Dressler's pension excused on a holiday in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The Ismaelian Day of Independence.
(b) The rains have ended.
(c) The rains have begun.
(d) The Ishmaelite New Year.
3. What family holds a dynasty over the Ishmaelian government?
(a) The Jackson family.
(b) The Soum family.
(c) The Benito family.
(d) The Boot family.
4. For how much does William buy the stones offered him by Kätchen?
(a) 60 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
5. After Shumble's story blows over, how many more journalists arrive in Ishmaelia?
6. What is the name of the proprietress of the Hotel Liberty?
(a) Mrs. Marguerite Jack Jackson.
(b) Mrs. Earl Russell Jackson.
(c) Mrs. Emma Dressler.
(d) Mrs. Benita Juarez Jackson.
7. What two beasts prominently roam on tethers in the front yard of William's second place of residence in Ishmaelia?
(a) A baboon and a pig.
(b) A pig and a dog.
(c) A pig and a milch-goat.
(d) A milch-goat and a gander.
8. What group among the journalists uses the largest lorry?
(a) The Universal News Contingent.
(b) The <i>Daily Brute</i> Staff.
(c) The Excelsior Movie-Sound Expeditionary Unit.
(d) The International News Agency.
9. Where does Smiles, the Fascist leader, escape after stealing German money?
(a) The Sudan.
(c) The Congo.
10. For how long has Kätchen's husband been away when William meets her?
(a) Three days.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
11. What is the name of Priscilla's dog?
12. On what date is Boot's banquet scheduled?
(a) October 9th.
(b) December 11th.
(c) August 29th.
(d) September 16th.
13. What does the Boot family give up for the sake of the war effort in 1914?
(b) The telephone.
(c) Eating meat.
(d) The motorcar.
14. How far outside of Jacksonburg are Pigge and Corker stuck?
(a) Thirteen miles.
(b) Eight kilometers.
(c) Twelve miles.
(d) Eighty miles.
15. How much money per year is the contract Mr. Salter offers William at Boot Magna Hall?
(a) 2,000 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 10,000 pounds.
(d) 32,000 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Paleologue provide servant boys to the journalists at the Hotel Liberty?
2. What objects fill the heavy bag belonging to the girl who previously occupied William's room in the Pension Dressler?
3. The man employed by the Ishmaelite government waiting for William at Frau Dressler's is former welterweight champion of what university?
4. At what time did the Ishmaelites think the journalists were leaving?
5. To where do the Ishmaelian taxi drivers in Jacksonburg take foreigners when the latter cannot be understood?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)