|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Boots ship Priscilla in order to accommodate Mr. Salter's visit?
(a) The Caldicotes.
(b) The Hickenfelds.
(d) South Hampton.
2. Which animal attacks the former welterweight champion who had come to visit William at Frau Dressler's?
(a) The enormous pig.
(b) The milch-goat.
(c) The three-legged dog.
(d) The gander.
3. What objects fill the heavy bag belonging to the girl who previously occupied William's room in the Pension Dressler?
(a) Gold bars.
(b) Steel rods.
(c) Hard-cover books.
4. Onto what structure does Mr. Baldwin parachute?
(a) Frau Dressler's roof.
(b) The Hotel Liberty.
(c) The postmaster general's villa.
(d) Mr. Popotakis's Ping-Pong Parlour.
5. What is the name of the proprietress of the Hotel Liberty?
(a) Mrs. Emma Dressler.
(b) Mrs. Marguerite Jack Jackson.
(c) Mrs. Earl Russell Jackson.
(d) Mrs. Benita Juarez Jackson.
6. What does the Boot family give up for the sake of the war effort in 1914?
(a) Eating meat.
(c) The telephone.
(d) The motorcar.
7. Who is the reported leader of the Fascists in Ishmaelia?
(a) Dr. Benito.
(b) Rathbone Jackson.
(c) Smiles Soum.
(d) Gollancz Jackson.
8. How much per week does William agree to pay Kätchen for news?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 100 American dollars.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 10 American dollars.
9. The man employed by the Ishmaelite government waiting for William at Frau Dressler's is former welterweight champion of what university?
(a) St. John's University.
(b) The Adventist University of Alabama.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) King's College London.
10. Who writes the final report from Ishmaelia to <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
(a) Mr. Baldwin.
11. Between whom does Mr. Salter sit at dinner with the Boot family?
(a) Mrs. Boot and Lady Trilby.
(b) Priscilla and Nannie Bloggs.
(c) Uncle Theodore and William.
(d) Uncle Bernard and Uncle Roderick.
12. To where does William move after two photographers join his and Corker's room at the Hotel Liberty?
(a) The British Consulate.
(b) Frau Dressler's pension.
(c) The hotel's annex.
(d) The Hotel European.
13. Of whose esteem is William afraid of losing if he attends the banquet?
(a) The public's.
(b) Lord Copper's.
(c) His family's.
14. What is Kätchen's father's nationality?
15. For how long has Kätchen's husband been away when William meets her?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the President been locked up when William hears of it from Kätchen?
2. What does William sign for Bateson while the latter has a drink?
3. Where does Smiles, the Fascist leader, escape after stealing German money?
4. At whose villa does Dr. Benito attempt to persuade William to stay?
5. What does Mr. Pappenhack regularly use as a sedative when his mind is restless?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)