|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the journalists leave Jacksonburg to chase Hitchcock's story, where does William go?
(a) He stays in Jacksonburg.
(b) He returns to England.
(c) He goes to Laku.
(d) He goes to Agobe.
2. Where does William want to take Kätchen?
3. To whom is it commonly mistaken, by his family, that William has a romantic attachment?
(a) Frau Dressler.
(b) Sarah Penning.
(c) Miss Caldicote.
4. Who writes the final report from Ishmaelia to <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
(a) Mr. Baldwin.
5. What is Jack Bannister's long-time nickname?
6. To where do the Ishmaelian taxi drivers in Jacksonburg take foreigners when the latter cannot be understood?
(a) To the Hotel Liberty.
(b) To the railway station.
(c) To Frau Dressler's house.
(d) To the Swede.
7. What does the Boot family give up for the sake of the war effort in 1914?
(a) Eating meat.
(c) The telephone.
(d) The motorcar.
8. From where does Paleologue provide servant boys to the journalists at the Hotel Liberty?
(a) The Adventist Mission.
(b) The Department of Internal Affairs.
(c) The Catholic Mission.
(d) The hotel annex.
9. How much per week does William agree to pay Kätchen for news?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 100 American dollars.
(c) 10 American dollars.
(d) 100 pounds.
10. For how much does William buy the stones offered him by Kätchen?
(a) 10 pounds.
(b) 20 pounds.
(c) 60 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
11. Which nation has been manipulating Dr. Benito for its financial advantage in Ishmaelia?
12. What alliterative word is used to first describe the four Frenchmen in the Hotel Liberty?
13. What regular Ishmaelite practice has kept the country from being colonized?
(a) Ritual suicide.
14. What group among the journalists uses the largest lorry?
(a) The Excelsior Movie-Sound Expeditionary Unit.
(b) The Universal News Contingent.
(c) The <i>Daily Brute</i> Staff.
(d) The International News Agency.
15. From what country does the supposed spy uncovered by Shumble reportedly come?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kätchen's father's nationality?
2. Why must the young man rather than Bert Tyler drive?
3. What is the capital city of Ishmaelia?
4. How long has the President been locked up when William hears of it from Kätchen?
5. How much money per year is the contract Mr. Salter offers William at Boot Magna Hall?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)