|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William sign for Bateson while the latter has a drink?
(a) A cleft-stick.
(b) A hat.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A napkin.
2. Why must the young man rather than Bert Tyler drive?
(a) Bert Tyler lost his legs.
(b) Bert Tyler is a narcoleptic.
(c) The young man needs the experience.
(d) Bert Tyler cannot see well.
3. Where is William Boot, on his return to England, first met by a <i>Daily Beast</i> representative?
(d) Boot Magna Hall.
4. From what correspondence school has Bateson graduated?
5. The man employed by the Ishmaelite government waiting for William at Frau Dressler's is former welterweight champion of what university?
(a) St. John's University.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) The Adventist University of Alabama.
(d) King's College London.
6. Between whom does Mr. Salter sit at dinner with the Boot family?
(a) Priscilla and Nannie Bloggs.
(b) Mrs. Boot and Lady Trilby.
(c) Uncle Bernard and Uncle Roderick.
(d) Uncle Theodore and William.
7. How does Lord Copper intend to honor William Boot on his return to England?
(a) By increasing his salary.
(b) By giving him a parade.
(c) By knighting him.
(d) By erecting a monument in the Megalopolitan building.
8. How many gorillas does Hitchcock jokingly claim to have seen after his "return" from Ishmaelia's interior?
9. How many cabs transport William and all his luggage from Victoria?
10. What is the capital city of Ishmaelia?
11. How long has Kätchen been with her husband?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Thirteen months.
(d) Two months.
12. When the journalists leave Jacksonburg to chase Hitchcock's story, where does William go?
(a) He goes to Agobe.
(b) He goes to Laku.
(c) He stays in Jacksonburg.
(d) He returns to England.
13. What family holds a dynasty over the Ishmaelian government?
(a) The Boot family.
(b) The Soum family.
(c) The Benito family.
(d) The Jackson family.
14. What objects fill the heavy bag belonging to the girl who previously occupied William's room in the Pension Dressler?
(a) Hard-cover books.
(b) Gold bars.
(c) Steel rods.
15. What group among the journalists uses the largest lorry?
(a) The Universal News Contingent.
(b) The International News Agency.
(c) The Excelsior Movie-Sound Expeditionary Unit.
(d) The <i>Daily Brute</i> Staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Mr. Salter interrupt Lord Copper's drawing at the beginning of Book 3?
2. For how long has Frau Dressler lived in Africa?
3. What does Lord Copper attempt to draw at the beginning of Book 3?
4. From what country does the supposed spy uncovered by Shumble reportedly come?
5. How long did it take Kätchen's husband to make his boat that sank like a stone in the Matto Grosso?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)