|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the Boot family keeps Mr. Salter up late and unintentionally forces him to sleep in a chair?
(a) Uncle Bernard.
(b) Nannie Bloggs.
(c) Uncle Theodore.
2. To what crisis does Erik Olafsen grudgingly go to aid in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) A tribal dispute.
(b) A medical shortage.
(c) An outbreak of plague.
(d) A derailed train.
3. What is Corker's wife's name?
4. Which animal attacks the former welterweight champion who had come to visit William at Frau Dressler's?
(a) The milch-goat.
(b) The three-legged dog.
(c) The enormous pig.
(d) The gander.
5. How does Mr. Salter decide to travel from the train station to Boot Magna Hall?
(a) By bicycle.
(b) On foot.
(c) By horse and buggy.
(d) In the slag truck.
6. What does the Boot family give up for the sake of the war effort in 1914?
(a) The motorcar.
(b) Eating meat.
(d) The telephone.
7. How much per week does William agree to pay Kätchen for news?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 100 American dollars.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 10 American dollars.
8. Which Boot receives notification of Lord Copper's reward?
(a) Theodore Boot.
(b) John Boot.
(c) Roderick Boot.
(d) William Boot.
9. What two beasts prominently roam on tethers in the front yard of William's second place of residence in Ishmaelia?
(a) A pig and a dog.
(b) A milch-goat and a gander.
(c) A baboon and a pig.
(d) A pig and a milch-goat.
10. Of whose esteem is William afraid of losing if he attends the banquet?
(b) Lord Copper's.
(c) The public's.
(d) His family's.
11. Who chairs the Foreign Press Association in Sir Jocelyn Hitchcock's absence?
(b) Mr. Pappenhacker.
(c) Wenlock Jakes.
12. What is Kätchen's father's nationality?
13. Where do the Boots ship Priscilla in order to accommodate Mr. Salter's visit?
(a) The Hickenfelds.
(c) The Caldicotes.
(d) South Hampton.
14. For how much does William buy the stones offered him by Kätchen?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 60 pounds.
(d) 10 pounds.
15. In what decade previous to William's story did many European countries attempt expeditions to Ishmaelia?
(a) The 1870s.
(b) The 1890s.
(c) The 1820s.
(d) The 1770s.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far outside of Jacksonburg are Pigge and Corker stuck?
2. What is the capital city of Ishmaelia?
3. Onto what structure does Mr. Baldwin parachute?
4. Where does Lord Copper propose sending William on his next foreign assignment?
5. Who is the reported leader of the Fascists in Ishmaelia?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)