|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what correspondence school has Bateson graduated?
2. What does William sign for Bateson while the latter has a drink?
(a) A napkin.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A cleft-stick.
(d) A hat.
3. How many gorillas does Hitchcock jokingly claim to have seen after his "return" from Ishmaelia's interior?
4. How does Lord Copper intend to honor William Boot on his return to England?
(a) By giving him a parade.
(b) By knighting him.
(c) By erecting a monument in the Megalopolitan building.
(d) By increasing his salary.
5. Which animal attacks the former welterweight champion who had come to visit William at Frau Dressler's?
(a) The gander.
(b) The milch-goat.
(c) The enormous pig.
(d) The three-legged dog.
6. For how long has Kätchen's husband been away when William meets her?
(a) Three days.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
7. To whom is it commonly mistaken, by his family, that William has a romantic attachment?
(a) Frau Dressler.
(b) Miss Caldicote.
(c) Sarah Penning.
8. On what date is Boot's banquet scheduled?
(a) October 9th.
(b) December 11th.
(c) September 16th.
(d) August 29th.
9. What alliterative word is used to first describe the four Frenchmen in the Hotel Liberty?
10. What does the Boot family give up for the sake of the war effort in 1914?
(a) The motorcar.
(b) The telephone.
(c) Eating meat.
11. What group among the journalists uses the largest lorry?
(a) The Universal News Contingent.
(b) The <i>Daily Brute</i> Staff.
(c) The Excelsior Movie-Sound Expeditionary Unit.
(d) The International News Agency.
12. What is Corker's wife's name?
13. What is Kätchen's father's nationality?
14. Why must the young man rather than Bert Tyler drive?
(a) Bert Tyler cannot see well.
(b) The young man needs the experience.
(c) Bert Tyler lost his legs.
(d) Bert Tyler is a narcoleptic.
15. In what is the sign bearing the name "Boot" held at the Dover train station?
(a) A cleft stick.
(b) A young boy's hands.
(c) A store window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lord Copper propose sending William on his next foreign assignment?
2. From where does Paleologue provide servant boys to the journalists at the Hotel Liberty?
3. Where is William Boot, on his return to England, first met by a <i>Daily Beast</i> representative?
4. After Shumble's story blows over, how many more journalists arrive in Ishmaelia?
5. For how much does William buy the stones offered him by Kätchen?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)