|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whose villa does Dr. Benito attempt to persuade William to stay?
(a) The postmaster-general's.
(b) Dr. Benito's.
(c) The British ambassador's.
(d) The president's.
2. In what language does Mr. Baldwin speak with Mr. Popotakis?
(a) Demotic Greek.
3. Where does William want to take Kätchen?
4. Which nation has been manipulating Dr. Benito for its financial advantage in Ishmaelia?
5. What is the name of Priscilla's dog?
6. Where does Smiles, the Fascist leader, escape after stealing German money?
(a) The Sudan.
(b) The Congo.
7. In what is the sign bearing the name "Boot" held at the Dover train station?
(a) A cleft stick.
(b) A young boy's hands.
(d) A store window.
8. Who is the director of the Ishmaelite Press Bureau?
(a) Mrs. Earl Russell Jackson.
(b) Rathbone Jackson.
(c) Dr. Benito.
(d) Erik Olafsen.
9. How long has Kätchen been with her husband?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Thirteen months.
(d) Two years.
10. To where does William move after two photographers join his and Corker's room at the Hotel Liberty?
(a) The Hotel European.
(b) Frau Dressler's pension.
(c) The hotel's annex.
(d) The British Consulate.
11. What is Kätchen's father's nationality?
12. What group among the journalists uses the largest lorry?
(a) The Excelsior Movie-Sound Expeditionary Unit.
(b) The <i>Daily Brute</i> Staff.
(c) The Universal News Contingent.
(d) The International News Agency.
13. In what part of the continent of Africa does Ishmaelia lie?
(a) The northeast.
(b) The southeast.
(c) The southwest.
(d) Dead center.
14. What is the capital city of Ishmaelia?
15. At what time did the Ishmaelites think the journalists were leaving?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 2 p.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) 10 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Boot family prevent Mr. Salter from drinking?
2. To where do the Ishmaelian taxi drivers in Jacksonburg take foreigners when the latter cannot be understood?
3. Who chairs the Foreign Press Association in Sir Jocelyn Hitchcock's absence?
4. Who writes the final report from Ishmaelia to <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
5. What two beasts prominently roam on tethers in the front yard of William's second place of residence in Ishmaelia?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)