|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Paleologue provide servant boys to the journalists at the Hotel Liberty?
(a) The Catholic Mission.
(b) The Adventist Mission.
(c) The hotel annex.
(d) The Department of Internal Affairs.
2. Where do the Boots ship Priscilla in order to accommodate Mr. Salter's visit?
(a) The Hickenfelds.
(b) The Caldicotes.
(d) South Hampton.
3. Who chairs the Foreign Press Association in Sir Jocelyn Hitchcock's absence?
(a) Wenlock Jakes.
(b) Mr. Pappenhacker.
4. How long has the President been locked up when William hears of it from Kätchen?
(a) Four days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One hour.
5. What is the name of the proprietress of the Hotel Liberty?
(a) Mrs. Earl Russell Jackson.
(b) Mrs. Marguerite Jack Jackson.
(c) Mrs. Emma Dressler.
(d) Mrs. Benita Juarez Jackson.
6. How long does the Soviet Union of Ishmaelia last?
(a) One day.
(b) Sixteen years.
(c) Twenty weeks.
(d) Three days.
7. How does Mr. Salter decide to travel from the train station to Boot Magna Hall?
(a) By bicycle.
(b) In the slag truck.
(c) On foot.
(d) By horse and buggy.
8. Which horse does Priscilla have to take on her evacuation for the sake of Mr. Salter's accommodation?
(a) The old mare.
(b) The bay.
(c) The old bay.
(d) The mare.
9. For how long has Frau Dressler lived in Africa?
(a) Seventeen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) All her life.
(d) Thirty years.
10. Why must the young man rather than Bert Tyler drive?
(a) The young man needs the experience.
(b) Bert Tyler is a narcoleptic.
(c) Bert Tyler lost his legs.
(d) Bert Tyler cannot see well.
11. Which animal attacks the former welterweight champion who had come to visit William at Frau Dressler's?
(a) The enormous pig.
(b) The milch-goat.
(c) The three-legged dog.
(d) The gander.
12. What is Corker's wife's name?
13. Where does Lord Copper propose sending William on his next foreign assignment?
(a) The South Pole.
14. On William and Corker's train to Ishmaelia, who selfishly occupies one of the four first-class compartments?
(a) A Swiss ticket collector.
(b) William and Corker.
(c) An English diplomat.
15. What is unique about the stones William bought from Kätchen?
(a) They are solid opal.
(b) They have silver ore.
(c) Absolutely nothing.
(d) They have gold ore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between whom does Mr. Salter sit at dinner with the Boot family?
2. How many gorillas does Hitchcock jokingly claim to have seen after his "return" from Ishmaelia's interior?
3. How long did it take Kätchen's husband to make his boat that sank like a stone in the Matto Grosso?
4. In what is the sign bearing the name "Boot" held at the Dover train station?
5. Where does Smiles, the Fascist leader, escape after stealing German money?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)