|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of the continent of Africa does Ishmaelia lie?
(a) The northeast.
(b) The southwest.
(c) The southeast.
(d) Dead center.
2. Where does William want to take Kätchen?
3. How long has the President been locked up when William hears of it from Kätchen?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Four days.
4. When the journalists leave Jacksonburg to chase Hitchcock's story, where does William go?
(a) He stays in Jacksonburg.
(b) He goes to Laku.
(c) He goes to Agobe.
(d) He returns to England.
5. Who chairs the Foreign Press Association in Sir Jocelyn Hitchcock's absence?
(c) Wenlock Jakes.
(d) Mr. Pappenhacker.
6. How long has Kätchen been with her husband?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Thirteen months.
(d) Three years.
7. Where do the Boots ship Priscilla in order to accommodate Mr. Salter's visit?
(a) The Caldicotes.
(b) South Hampton.
(d) The Hickenfelds.
8. Who writes the final report from Ishmaelia to <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
(b) Mr. Baldwin.
9. What beverage does Mr. Salter's wife prepare for him after Boot's second big story comes in?
(b) Gin and tonic.
(c) Vodka on the rocks.
10. Of whose esteem is William afraid of losing if he attends the banquet?
(a) Lord Copper's.
(b) His family's.
(c) The public's.
11. What objects fill the heavy bag belonging to the girl who previously occupied William's room in the Pension Dressler?
(a) Hard-cover books.
(b) Gold bars.
(d) Steel rods.
12. How many gorillas does Hitchcock jokingly claim to have seen after his "return" from Ishmaelia's interior?
13. Where does Lord Copper propose sending William on his next foreign assignment?
(b) The South Pole.
14. From where does Paleologue provide servant boys to the journalists at the Hotel Liberty?
(a) The Catholic Mission.
(b) The Department of Internal Affairs.
(c) The Adventist Mission.
(d) The hotel annex.
15. How does Mr. Salter decide to travel from the train station to Boot Magna Hall?
(a) On foot.
(b) In the slag truck.
(c) By horse and buggy.
(d) By bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group among the journalists uses the largest lorry?
2. How much money per year is the contract Mr. Salter offers William at Boot Magna Hall?
3. What family holds a dynasty over the Ishmaelian government?
4. What is the name of Jakes' jackal?
5. What is unique about the stones William bought from Kätchen?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)