|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two beasts prominently roam on tethers in the front yard of William's second place of residence in Ishmaelia?
(a) A milch-goat and a gander.
(b) A baboon and a pig.
(c) A pig and a milch-goat.
(d) A pig and a dog.
2. Of whose esteem is William afraid of losing if he attends the banquet?
(b) The public's.
(c) His family's.
(d) Lord Copper's.
3. Which relative greets William on his return to Boot Magna Hall?
(a) Uncle Theodore.
(c) Uncle Bernard.
(d) Uncle Roderick.
4. What objects fill the heavy bag belonging to the girl who previously occupied William's room in the Pension Dressler?
(a) Gold bars.
(b) Steel rods.
(c) Hard-cover books.
5. How much money per year is the contract Mr. Salter offers William at Boot Magna Hall?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) 10,000 pounds.
(c) 2,000 pounds.
(d) 32,000 pounds.
6. How does Lord Copper intend to honor William Boot on his return to England?
(a) By knighting him.
(b) By increasing his salary.
(c) By giving him a parade.
(d) By erecting a monument in the Megalopolitan building.
7. How long does the Soviet Union of Ishmaelia last?
(a) One day.
(b) Twenty weeks.
(c) Sixteen years.
(d) Three days.
8. At what time did the Ishmaelites think the journalists were leaving?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 2 p.m.
(c) 10 p.m.
(d) 7 a.m.
9. About what does Mr. Salter interrupt Lord Copper's drawing at the beginning of Book 3?
(c) The war in Ishmaelia.
10. Which animal attacks the former welterweight champion who had come to visit William at Frau Dressler's?
(a) The milch-goat.
(b) The three-legged dog.
(c) The gander.
(d) The enormous pig.
11. How far outside of Jacksonburg are Pigge and Corker stuck?
(a) Eight kilometers.
(b) Eighty miles.
(c) Thirteen miles.
(d) Twelve miles.
12. Where is William Boot, on his return to England, first met by a <i>Daily Beast</i> representative?
(a) Boot Magna Hall.
13. On William and Corker's train to Ishmaelia, who selfishly occupies one of the four first-class compartments?
(a) A Swiss ticket collector.
(c) William and Corker.
(d) An English diplomat.
14. What beverage does Mr. Salter's wife prepare for him after Boot's second big story comes in?
(b) Vodka on the rocks.
(c) Gin and tonic.
15. To where does William move after two photographers join his and Corker's room at the Hotel Liberty?
(a) The hotel's annex.
(b) The British Consulate.
(c) The Hotel European.
(d) Frau Dressler's pension.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country does the supposed spy uncovered by Shumble reportedly come?
2. How long did it take Kätchen's husband to make his boat that sank like a stone in the Matto Grosso?
3. Who writes the final report from Ishmaelia to <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
4. Who is the reported leader of the Fascists in Ishmaelia?
5. What alliterative word is used to first describe the four Frenchmen in the Hotel Liberty?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)