|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the final report from Ishmaelia to <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
(c) Mr. Baldwin.
2. In what is the sign bearing the name "Boot" held at the Dover train station?
(a) A store window.
(b) A young boy's hands.
(c) A cleft stick.
3. Who is the reported leader of the Fascists in Ishmaelia?
(a) Dr. Benito.
(b) Gollancz Jackson.
(c) Rathbone Jackson.
(d) Smiles Soum.
4. Why are all of the boys working in Frau Dressler's pension excused on a holiday in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The Ismaelian Day of Independence.
(b) The rains have begun.
(c) The rains have ended.
(d) The Ishmaelite New Year.
5. What does the Boot family prevent Mr. Salter from drinking?
6. Into what do William and the young German girl climb while William is moving into his new room?
(a) A mess.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A tent.
(d) A tree.
7. For how much does William buy the stones offered him by Kätchen?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 60 pounds.
(d) 10 pounds.
8. Where does William want to take Kätchen?
9. What does Mr. Pappenhack regularly use as a sedative when his mind is restless?
(a) <i>Le Fleurs du Mal</i>.
(b) The evening newspaper.
(d) A toy train.
10. Which nation has been manipulating Dr. Benito for its financial advantage in Ishmaelia?
11. To where do the Ishmaelian taxi drivers in Jacksonburg take foreigners when the latter cannot be understood?
(a) To the Hotel Liberty.
(b) To the railway station.
(c) To Frau Dressler's house.
(d) To the Swede.
12. Which relative greets William on his return to Boot Magna Hall?
(b) Uncle Bernard.
(c) Uncle Theodore.
(d) Uncle Roderick.
13. In what decade previous to William's story did many European countries attempt expeditions to Ishmaelia?
(a) The 1890s.
(b) The 1770s.
(c) The 1820s.
(d) The 1870s.
14. At what time does Mr. Salter arrive at Boot Magna Hall?
(a) 8 p.m.
(b) 1 a.m.
(c) 4:30 p.m.
(d) 10 p.m.
15. Who is the director of the Ishmaelite Press Bureau?
(a) Rathbone Jackson.
(b) Erik Olafsen.
(c) Dr. Benito.
(d) Mrs. Earl Russell Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Boots ship Priscilla in order to accommodate Mr. Salter's visit?
2. How much per week does William agree to pay Kätchen for news?
3. Which Boot receives notification of Lord Copper's reward?
4. What does the Boot family give up for the sake of the war effort in 1914?
5. What is the name of the proprietress of the Hotel Liberty?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)