|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Boot family give up for the sake of the war effort in 1914?
(a) The motorcar.
(b) Eating meat.
(d) The telephone.
2. What is the capital city of Ishmaelia?
3. To where do the Ishmaelian taxi drivers in Jacksonburg take foreigners when the latter cannot be understood?
(a) To the Hotel Liberty.
(b) To the Swede.
(c) To the railway station.
(d) To Frau Dressler's house.
4. How long has the President been locked up when William hears of it from Kätchen?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) One hour.
5. Who is the reported leader of the Fascists in Ishmaelia?
(a) Smiles Soum.
(b) Dr. Benito.
(c) Rathbone Jackson.
(d) Gollancz Jackson.
6. Onto what structure does Mr. Baldwin parachute?
(a) Frau Dressler's roof.
(b) Mr. Popotakis's Ping-Pong Parlour.
(c) The Hotel Liberty.
(d) The postmaster general's villa.
7. What group among the journalists uses the largest lorry?
(a) The International News Agency.
(b) The <i>Daily Brute</i> Staff.
(c) The Excelsior Movie-Sound Expeditionary Unit.
(d) The Universal News Contingent.
8. To where does William move after two photographers join his and Corker's room at the Hotel Liberty?
(a) Frau Dressler's pension.
(b) The Hotel European.
(c) The hotel's annex.
(d) The British Consulate.
9. What beverage does Mr. Salter's wife prepare for him after Boot's second big story comes in?
(a) Vodka on the rocks.
(d) Gin and tonic.
10. How many cabs transport William and all his luggage from Victoria?
11. Where do the Boots ship Priscilla in order to accommodate Mr. Salter's visit?
(a) South Hampton.
(b) The Caldicotes.
(d) The Hickenfelds.
12. From what town does Hitchcock reportedly score a scoop on the Fascists in Ishmaelia?
13. What food does Kätchen's husband eat in William's room?
(a) A Christmas dinner.
(b) Canned yams.
(c) Half a spiral ham.
(d) Assorted Ismaelian fruit.
14. How long does the Soviet Union of Ishmaelia last?
(a) Sixteen years.
(b) One day.
(c) Twenty weeks.
(d) Three days.
15. How much money per year is the contract Mr. Salter offers William at Boot Magna Hall?
(a) 32,000 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 2,000 pounds.
(d) 10,000 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animal attacks the former welterweight champion who had come to visit William at Frau Dressler's?
2. In what part of the continent of Africa does Ishmaelia lie?
3. From what correspondence school has Bateson graduated?
4. Where does William want to take Kätchen?
5. What is the name of the proprietress of the Hotel Liberty?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)