|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does William want to take Kätchen?
2. How many cabs transport William and all his luggage from Victoria?
3. When the journalists leave Jacksonburg to chase Hitchcock's story, where does William go?
(a) He goes to Laku.
(b) He goes to Agobe.
(c) He returns to England.
(d) He stays in Jacksonburg.
4. What beverage does Mr. Salter's wife prepare for him after Boot's second big story comes in?
(c) Vodka on the rocks.
(d) Gin and tonic.
5. Which animal attacks the former welterweight champion who had come to visit William at Frau Dressler's?
(a) The gander.
(b) The enormous pig.
(c) The three-legged dog.
(d) The milch-goat.
6. To whom is it commonly mistaken, by his family, that William has a romantic attachment?
(a) Frau Dressler.
(c) Sarah Penning.
(d) Miss Caldicote.
7. What does William sign for Bateson while the latter has a drink?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A hat.
(c) A napkin.
(d) A cleft-stick.
8. What is the name of Priscilla's dog?
9. To where do the Ishmaelian taxi drivers in Jacksonburg take foreigners when the latter cannot be understood?
(a) To the Hotel Liberty.
(b) To Frau Dressler's house.
(c) To the railway station.
(d) To the Swede.
10. Of whose esteem is William afraid of losing if he attends the banquet?
(a) The public's.
(b) Lord Copper's.
(d) His family's.
11. For how long has Frau Dressler lived in Africa?
(a) Seventeen years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) All her life.
12. Onto what structure does Mr. Baldwin parachute?
(a) The Hotel Liberty.
(b) Frau Dressler's roof.
(c) Mr. Popotakis's Ping-Pong Parlour.
(d) The postmaster general's villa.
13. On William and Corker's train to Ishmaelia, who selfishly occupies one of the four first-class compartments?
(a) William and Corker.
(b) An English diplomat.
(c) A Swiss ticket collector.
14. How does Mr. Salter decide to travel from the train station to Boot Magna Hall?
(a) In the slag truck.
(b) By bicycle.
(c) By horse and buggy.
(d) On foot.
15. Which of the journalists staying at the Hotel Liberty is suspected of receiving secret information from the government?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lord Copper intend to honor William Boot on his return to England?
2. At what time did the Ishmaelites think the journalists were leaving?
3. What family holds a dynasty over the Ishmaelian government?
4. About what does Mr. Salter interrupt Lord Copper's drawing at the beginning of Book 3?
5. What does Mr. Pappenhack regularly use as a sedative when his mind is restless?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)