|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group among the journalists uses the largest lorry?
(a) The Excelsior Movie-Sound Expeditionary Unit.
(b) The Universal News Contingent.
(c) The <i>Daily Brute</i> Staff.
(d) The International News Agency.
2. In what language does Mr. Baldwin speak with Mr. Popotakis?
(a) Demotic Greek.
3. Why are all of the boys working in Frau Dressler's pension excused on a holiday in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The Ishmaelite New Year.
(b) The Ismaelian Day of Independence.
(c) The rains have begun.
(d) The rains have ended.
4. What is the capital city of Ishmaelia?
5. At what time does Mr. Salter arrive at Boot Magna Hall?
(a) 1 a.m.
(b) 8 p.m.
(c) 10 p.m.
(d) 4:30 p.m.
6. How long did it take Kätchen's husband to make his boat that sank like a stone in the Matto Grosso?
(a) Ten weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Ten years.
(d) One week.
7. Into what do William and the young German girl climb while William is moving into his new room?
(a) A tent.
(b) A mess.
(c) A tree.
(d) A canoe.
8. What does Lord Copper attempt to draw at the beginning of Book 3?
(a) A person.
(b) A cow.
(c) A dog.
(d) An automobile.
9. Why must the young man rather than Bert Tyler drive?
(a) Bert Tyler cannot see well.
(b) Bert Tyler is a narcoleptic.
(c) The young man needs the experience.
(d) Bert Tyler lost his legs.
10. What is Corker's wife's name?
11. Who writes the final report from Ishmaelia to <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
(b) Mr. Baldwin.
12. The man employed by the Ishmaelite government waiting for William at Frau Dressler's is former welterweight champion of what university?
(a) King's College London.
(b) The Adventist University of Alabama.
(c) Oxford University.
(d) St. John's University.
13. What alliterative word is used to first describe the four Frenchmen in the Hotel Liberty?
14. Where does Smiles, the Fascist leader, escape after stealing German money?
(a) The Congo.
(d) The Sudan.
15. How much per week does William agree to pay Kätchen for news?
(a) 100 American dollars.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 10 American dollars.
(d) 200 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pappenhack regularly use as a sedative when his mind is restless?
2. To where do the Ishmaelian taxi drivers in Jacksonburg take foreigners when the latter cannot be understood?
3. Which animal attacks the former welterweight champion who had come to visit William at Frau Dressler's?
4. How does Mr. Salter decide to travel from the train station to Boot Magna Hall?
5. What does the Boot family give up for the sake of the war effort in 1914?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)