|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Corker's wife's name?
2. What is the capital city of Ishmaelia?
3. How long has the President been locked up when William hears of it from Kätchen?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four days.
(d) One hour.
4. On William and Corker's train to Ishmaelia, who selfishly occupies one of the four first-class compartments?
(a) A Swiss ticket collector.
(c) An English diplomat.
(d) William and Corker.
5. How much per week does William agree to pay Kätchen for news?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 10 American dollars.
(c) 100 American dollars.
(d) 100 pounds.
6. What does Lord Copper attempt to draw at the beginning of Book 3?
(a) A dog.
(b) A person.
(c) A cow.
(d) An automobile.
7. Why must the young man rather than Bert Tyler drive?
(a) Bert Tyler is a narcoleptic.
(b) Bert Tyler cannot see well.
(c) The young man needs the experience.
(d) Bert Tyler lost his legs.
8. How much money per year is the contract Mr. Salter offers William at Boot Magna Hall?
(a) 10,000 pounds.
(b) 32,000 pounds.
(c) 2,000 pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
9. Where does Smiles, the Fascist leader, escape after stealing German money?
(a) The Congo.
(c) The Sudan.
10. Where does Lord Copper propose sending William on his next foreign assignment?
(c) The South Pole.
11. Onto what structure does Mr. Baldwin parachute?
(a) The postmaster general's villa.
(b) Mr. Popotakis's Ping-Pong Parlour.
(c) Frau Dressler's roof.
(d) The Hotel Liberty.
12. Why are all of the boys working in Frau Dressler's pension excused on a holiday in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The Ismaelian Day of Independence.
(b) The rains have ended.
(c) The Ishmaelite New Year.
(d) The rains have begun.
13. What does the Boot family prevent Mr. Salter from drinking?
14. Which of the journalists staying at the Hotel Liberty is suspected of receiving secret information from the government?
15. To whom is it commonly mistaken, by his family, that William has a romantic attachment?
(a) Miss Caldicote.
(c) Frau Dressler.
(d) Sarah Penning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Boot receives notification of Lord Copper's reward?
2. How does Lord Copper intend to honor William Boot on his return to England?
3. In what decade previous to William's story did many European countries attempt expeditions to Ishmaelia?
4. Into what do William and the young German girl climb while William is moving into his new room?
5. What is the name of Jakes' jackal?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)