|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of the continent of Africa does Ishmaelia lie?
(a) The southeast.
(b) Dead center.
(c) The southwest.
(d) The northeast.
2. Which of the journalists staying at the Hotel Liberty is suspected of receiving secret information from the government?
3. What regular Ishmaelite practice has kept the country from being colonized?
(b) Ritual suicide.
4. How long did it take Kätchen's husband to make his boat that sank like a stone in the Matto Grosso?
(a) Ten weeks.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Two months.
(d) One week.
5. How does Mr. Salter decide to travel from the train station to Boot Magna Hall?
(a) On foot.
(b) In the slag truck.
(c) By horse and buggy.
(d) By bicycle.
6. To what crisis does Erik Olafsen grudgingly go to aid in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) A medical shortage.
(b) A tribal dispute.
(c) An outbreak of plague.
(d) A derailed train.
7. What is the name of Priscilla's dog?
8. Of whose esteem is William afraid of losing if he attends the banquet?
(a) The public's.
(b) His family's.
(c) Lord Copper's.
9. From where does Paleologue provide servant boys to the journalists at the Hotel Liberty?
(a) The Department of Internal Affairs.
(b) The Catholic Mission.
(c) The Adventist Mission.
(d) The hotel annex.
10. Which Boot receives notification of Lord Copper's reward?
(a) John Boot.
(b) William Boot.
(c) Theodore Boot.
(d) Roderick Boot.
11. What beverage does Mr. Salter's wife prepare for him after Boot's second big story comes in?
(a) Gin and tonic.
(c) Vodka on the rocks.
12. To where does William move after two photographers join his and Corker's room at the Hotel Liberty?
(a) The Hotel European.
(b) The hotel's annex.
(c) Frau Dressler's pension.
(d) The British Consulate.
13. What is Kätchen's father's nationality?
14. At what time did the Ishmaelites think the journalists were leaving?
(a) 2 p.m.
(b) 10 p.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) 7 a.m.
15. What food does Kätchen's husband eat in William's room?
(a) Assorted Ismaelian fruit.
(b) Canned yams.
(c) A Christmas dinner.
(d) Half a spiral ham.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what is the sign bearing the name "Boot" held at the Dover train station?
2. How does Lord Copper intend to honor William Boot on his return to England?
3. For how long has Kätchen's husband been away when William meets her?
4. What does the Boot family give up for the sake of the war effort in 1914?
5. Where does William want to take Kätchen?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)