|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Boots ship Priscilla in order to accommodate Mr. Salter's visit?
(a) South Hampton.
(c) The Hickenfelds.
(d) The Caldicotes.
2. Of whose esteem is William afraid of losing if he attends the banquet?
(b) The public's.
(c) His family's.
(d) Lord Copper's.
3. What alliterative word is used to first describe the four Frenchmen in the Hotel Liberty?
4. What two beasts prominently roam on tethers in the front yard of William's second place of residence in Ishmaelia?
(a) A milch-goat and a gander.
(b) A pig and a dog.
(c) A baboon and a pig.
(d) A pig and a milch-goat.
5. How many cabs transport William and all his luggage from Victoria?
6. After Shumble's story blows over, how many more journalists arrive in Ishmaelia?
7. What is Corker's wife's name?
8. Who chairs the Foreign Press Association in Sir Jocelyn Hitchcock's absence?
(b) Wenlock Jakes.
(c) Mr. Pappenhacker.
9. How long has Kätchen been with her husband?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Thirteen months.
(d) Two months.
10. From what correspondence school has Bateson graduated?
11. In what decade previous to William's story did many European countries attempt expeditions to Ishmaelia?
(a) The 1770s.
(b) The 1890s.
(c) The 1870s.
(d) The 1820s.
12. About what does Mr. Salter interrupt Lord Copper's drawing at the beginning of Book 3?
(a) The war in Ishmaelia.
13. What does William sign for Bateson while the latter has a drink?
(a) A napkin.
(b) A hat.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A cleft-stick.
14. The man employed by the Ishmaelite government waiting for William at Frau Dressler's is former welterweight champion of what university?
(a) The Adventist University of Alabama.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) King's College London.
(d) St. John's University.
15. At whose villa does Dr. Benito attempt to persuade William to stay?
(a) The British ambassador's.
(b) Dr. Benito's.
(c) The postmaster-general's.
(d) The president's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does William want to take Kätchen?
2. For how long has Kätchen's husband been away when William meets her?
3. At what time did the Ishmaelites think the journalists were leaving?
4. What is Kätchen's father's nationality?
5. Which member of the Boot family keeps Mr. Salter up late and unintentionally forces him to sleep in a chair?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)