|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is William's initial destination on his way to Ishmaelia?
2. What longtime secret ambition of William's is near to fulfillment towards the end of Book 1, Chapter 3?
(a) To cover a big story.
(b) To visit a foreign country.
(c) To fly in a plane.
(d) To leave England.
3. After whose style has William Boot modeled his writing?
(a) The late rector of Boot Magna.
(b) John Courteney Boot.
(c) Lord Copper.
(d) Hillaire Belloc.
4. What is the cost to transport William's luggage to his first destination?
(a) 301 pounds.
(b) 130 pounds.
(c) 103 pounds.
(d) 107 pounds.
5. How does Mr. Salter always answer Lord Copper when the latter is incorrect?
(a) "Definitely, Lord Copper."
(b) "Within reason, Lord Copper."
(c) "It is possible."
(d) "Up to a point."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mr. Salter's most recent previous position with <i>The Daily Beast</i>?
2. What position does John Boot initially seek from Mr. Stitch as a means of foreign employ?
3. When William first arrives at the Megalopolitan building, he finds it:
4. Of what school is the man William meets at the first Ishmaelite Legation a graduate?
5. With whom does William meet at the first Ishmaelite Legation?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)