|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does William's toothbrush purchased from the hotel cost?
(a) Four shillings.
(b) One pound.
(c) Eight pounds.
(d) Five shillings.
2. To what street is William suddenly whisked off to in a taxi in order to cover a story regarding Mrs. Stitch?
(a) Fleet Street.
(b) Sloane Street.
(c) Walker Street.
(d) St. Bride's Avenue.
3. What items does Lord Copper especially impress upon William to take on his trip?
(a) Cleft sticks.
(b) Copies of <i>The Daily Beast</i>.
(c) Water-proof pens.
(d) Hiking boots.
4. What position does John Boot initially seek from Mr. Stitch as a means of foreign employ?
(a) A wartime correspondent.
(b) A diplomatic ambassador.
(c) A trade representative.
(d) A position of espionage.
5. What unfortunately happens to William's first passport?
(a) It is dropped in a river.
(b) It is burned.
(c) It is lost.
(d) It has a terrible photo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the companion's valet on the train?
2. At what time does William Boot, after a harrowing morning in the hotel, reach Copper House, to Mr. Salter's dismay?
3. With what animal does Priscilla mischievously replace the animal on which William Boot had written for his recent Lush Places article?
4. Where is William intending to depart the train?
5. How much money is William given by <i>The Daily Beast</i> in traveler's checks?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)