|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money is William given by <i>The Daily Beast</i> in traveler's checks?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 10,000 pounds.
(d) 1000 shillings.
2. Who is the director of the Ishmaelite Press Bureau?
(a) Rathbone Jackson.
(b) Erik Olafsen.
(c) Mrs. Earl Russell Jackson.
(d) Dr. Benito.
3. What side of the Ishmaelite conflict does Lord Copper insist is in the right?
(a) The Traitors.
(b) The Patriots.
(c) The Independents.
(d) The Rebels.
4. What items does Lord Copper especially impress upon William to take on his trip?
(a) Hiking boots.
(b) Water-proof pens.
(c) Cleft sticks.
(d) Copies of <i>The Daily Beast</i>.
5. At what time does Mr. Salter awake William by telephone while the latter is at the hotel?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 4 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
(d) 1 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lord Copper attempt to draw at the beginning of Book 3?
2. What regular Ishmaelite practice has kept the country from being colonized?
3. What are the last two items William adds to his kit from the equipment emporium?
4. For what item is William asked at the very end of Book 1, Chapter 3?
5. What does William sign for Bateson while the latter has a drink?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)