|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of the continent of Africa does Ishmaelia lie?
(a) The northeast.
(b) Dead center.
(c) The southwest.
(d) The southeast.
2. To what street is William suddenly whisked off to in a taxi in order to cover a story regarding Mrs. Stitch?
(a) Walker Street.
(b) St. Bride's Avenue.
(c) Fleet Street.
(d) Sloane Street.
3. How much money is William given by <i>The Daily Beast</i> in traveler's checks?
(a) 1000 shillings.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 10,000 pounds.
4. From where does Paleologue provide servant boys to the journalists at the Hotel Liberty?
(a) The Department of Internal Affairs.
(b) The hotel annex.
(c) The Adventist Mission.
(d) The Catholic Mission.
5. What has Nannie Bloggs promised William if ever she wins the Irish Sweepstakes?
(a) To buy him a car.
(b) To send him to journalism school.
(c) To take him across seas.
(d) To take him in a plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the capital city of Ishmaelia?
2. At what time does William Boot, after a harrowing morning in the hotel, reach Copper House, to Mr. Salter's dismay?
3. What does Lord Copper attempt to draw at the beginning of Book 3?
4. In what is the sign bearing the name "Boot" held at the Dover train station?
5. Where does Lord Copper propose sending William on his next foreign assignment?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)