|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what is the sign bearing the name "Boot" held at the Dover train station?
(a) A cleft stick.
(b) A young boy's hands.
(c) A store window.
2. How much money is William given by <i>The Daily Beast</i> in traveler's checks?
(a) 1000 shillings.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 10,000 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
3. What alliterative word is used to first describe the four Frenchmen in the Hotel Liberty?
4. What is the name of the woman who attends William in the equipment emporium?
(a) Miss Barton.
(b) Miss Bloggs.
(c) Miss Burkley.
(d) Mrs. Salter.
5. What does William sign for Bateson while the latter has a drink?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A napkin.
(c) A cleft-stick.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pappenhack regularly use as a sedative when his mind is restless?
2. What has Nannie Bloggs promised William if ever she wins the Irish Sweepstakes?
3. From what country does the supposed spy uncovered by Shumble reportedly come?
4. What is Jack Bannister's long-time nickname?
5. From what correspondence school has Bateson graduated?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)