Book 1, Part 1
1. How many copies of John Boot's novel sell in their first year?
2. Who is the most valued friend of John Boot?
(a) Mr. Stitch.
(b) Mrs. Stitch.
(c) Lady Metroland.
(d) Lord Copper.
3. What time of day does John Boot visit the Stitch residence?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 12 p.m.
(c) 11 a.m.
(d) 3 p.m.
4. Which activity is Mrs. Stitch NOT performing from her bed when John Boot visits?
(a) Signing cheques.
(b) Deciding on costumes for a charity ballet.
(c) Knitting a quilt.
(d) Answering the crossword.
5. Which Roman author is Josephine reading on John Boot's arrival?
(d) Marcus Aurelius.
6. How does Josephine Stitch always greet John Boot?
(a) By kicking him.
(b) By hugging him.
(c) By kissing him.
(d) By punching him.
7. Which novel of John Boot's does Mrs. Stitch praise while abed?
(a) <i>The Great Glebe</i>.
(b) <i>The History of Time</i>.
(c) <i>Life of Rimbaud</i>.
(d) <i>Waste of Time<i/>.
This section contains 4,050 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)