|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oskar's speech on the factory floor promised that he would remain at Brinnlitz until when?
2. Dr. Steinberg, a prisoner in a Moravian work camp, describes obtaining a pass and a truck to visit Brinnlitz. What did he usually return to his Luftwaffe camp with?
3. What happens to Amon Goeth in Chapter 31?
4. What location does engineer Sussmuth recommend to Oskar as the location of his new plant?
5. Who did Oskar free from Montelupich prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 11, Oskar is arrested for the first time. At the end of Chapter 11, Keneally says, "Oskar was convinced, as he thanked the man, that the acquittal was temporary." Why do you think Oskar might have believed that? He was, of course, arrested again. After the first arrest, why do you think Oskar Schindler didn't change what he was doing to avoid the future arrest? Write at least one page outlining your thoughts about Oskar's actions and motivations, and use at least one specific example from the book to back up your statement.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the different ways Oskar Schindler defies authority. Although he doesn't participate in outright defiance, like bombing buildings, his defiance is still measurable. Describe at least three ways Oskar defies "the system," and give specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Oskar Schindler resisted the Nazi occupation by hiring Jews, rather than choosing a more vocal or forceful resistance. Why do you think he chose this path? Potentially, he could have been more vocal, or even have become a spy, since he had some experience in that field. Talk about other forms of resistance he could have chosen, and why you believe, based on what you've read in the book, he chose to "resist" via his factory. Use at least one specific example from the book to back up your statement.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)