|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what radio broadcast did Schindler usually listen?
2. Oskar began working for what institution?
3. Dr. Steinberg, a prisoner in a Moravian work camp, describes obtaining a pass and a truck to visit Brinnlitz. What did he usually return to his Luftwaffe camp with?
4. What did Mietek Pemper think would be entered in the blank spaces left in Amon Goeth's report regarding the "insurrection"?
5. The telegram from Hassebroeck to Liepold gave instructions for what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oskar Schindler made huge sums of money during the war, yet he died penniless, supported by those he saved. He tried starting two different businesses in two different countries, both of which failed. What factors did you recognize from the book that may have contributed to his ability to succeed during the war, but inability to make money in business after the war?
Essay Topic 2
Power--or the lack of it--was a matter of life or death in Schindler's List. Hitler had almost complete control over Germany, of course. What types of power were exhibited in the novel? Did power shift during the course of the story? If so, from what person or group to which person or group?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the different ways Oskar Schindler defies authority. Although he doesn't participate in outright defiance, like bombing buildings, his defiance is still measurable. Describe at least three ways Oskar defies "the system," and give specific examples from the book.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)