Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the autumn of 1944, how many people were employed in Madritch's uniform factory?
2. Who did Amon Goeth consider calling as witnesses in his defense when he was tried for war crimes?
3. What location does engineer Sussmuth recommend to Oskar as the location of his new plant?
4. Who was the first prisoner that Oskar Schindler had buried after death?
5. What happened to Mila Pfefferberg's mother, a dermatologist?
In Chapter 1, Keneally searches for some reason or incident in Schindler's background to explain his motivation for saving so many Jews. He doesn't come up with anything definitive. Explain your own theory as to why Oskar Schindler risked so much to save these people. Was it just the thrill of taking risks? Did all of these people become good friends of his? Did he see how wrong the German actions were? If so, why didn't he speak up?
Identify at least three traits of Oskar Schindler's personality and then detail how they affected the story. What difference did these traits make in the decision he made? Did Keneally's description of Oskar and his actions always seem true to these traits? If not, where did it seem to diverge?
Chapter 17 opens with the statement, "even in the autumn of 1942, the Zionists of Palestine, let alone the population of the world, knew nothing but rumors of what was happening in Europe." Based on your reading of the book and any other activities you've completed, discuss the communication of the early 1940's. Why did no one know what was going on in Germany and Poland? What kinds of news media were available? Who owned them? Do you think the secrecy was part of the Nazi plan? If they believed that their "ethnic cleansing" was the right thing to do, then why was it kept so secret?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)