|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Party Kreisleiter in Zwittau wrote to Berlin complaining about the Jews. What was their complaint?
2. What signal did Schindler want Stern to use to point out an item of interest to Sedlacek and Babar?
3. Does an actual list of Schindler survivors exist?
4. What did Mietek Pemper think would be entered in the blank spaces left in Amon Goeth's report regarding the "insurrection"?
5. Oskar's speech on the factory floor promised that he would remain at Brinnlitz until when?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 15, Keneally contrasts a scene of brutal killing against a scene of Red Genia's survival. Describe your thoughts not only on the scenes themselves, but why Keneally juxtaposed them together in this way.
Essay Topic 2
Identify at least three traits of Oskar Schindler's personality and then detail how they affected the story. What difference did these traits make in the decision he made? Did Keneally's description of Oskar and his actions always seem true to these traits? If not, where did it seem to diverge?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 9, Oskar's old motorcycle-riding friends push him toward a reconciliation with his father, even as Oskar can't bring himself to give up his mistresses and bring his wife to Cracow to live with him. He's also begun to be inconvenienced by the number of his workers being press-ganged each day to shovel snow or perform other menial tasks. Oskar originally saw his father as a larger-than-life figure, but when he finally spoke with him, Keneally says, "so Oskar decided that even Herr Hans Schindler was human." Describe how you think these things mirror each other, showing us the development in the story of Oskar Schindler as a more well-rounded person, allowing us to understand some possible motivation behind the risks he would eventually take.
This section contains 1,922 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)