|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The telegram from Hassebroeck to Liepold gave instructions for what?
2. What did Mietek Pemper think would be entered in the blank spaces left in Amon Goeth's report regarding the "insurrection"?
3. What does the dead Australian have clutched in his hand?
4. Who did Oskar free from Montelupich prison?
5. Young Richard Rosner was never able to go to a children's playground again without growing hysterical at the sight of what piece of equipment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The setting of a book can function almost as another character. Describe how the setting of Schindler's List, especially the descriptions of Emalia, Plaszow, and Brinnlitz, surround the characters and become part of the fabric of the story. Discuss what effect the setting has on the book as a whole, and how the book might be different if it had been set somewhere else.
Essay Topic 2
Oskar Schindler made huge sums of money during the war, yet he died penniless, supported by those he saved. He tried starting two different businesses in two different countries, both of which failed. What factors did you recognize from the book that may have contributed to his ability to succeed during the war, but inability to make money in business after the war?
Essay Topic 3
Identify at least three traits of Oskar Schindler's personality and then detail how they affected the story. What difference did these traits make in the decision he made? Did Keneally's description of Oskar and his actions always seem true to these traits? If not, where did it seem to diverge?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)