|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the Joint Distribution Committee grant to Oskar as thanks for his work?
2. What did Oskar have secreted away in his car in Chapter 37?
3. What does Oskar do for the prisoners in the cattle cars in Chapter 29?
4. Who does Oskar bring to Emalia at the beginning of Chapter 23?
5. Dolek Horowitz believed the Jews sent from Emalia to Plaszow would be extricated by Schindler because he had. . .
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
No novel can succeed without conflict. Many writers and writing teachers believe there are five basic kinds of conflict: man vs. man (or person vs. person), man vs. self, man vs. society, man vs. nature, and man vs. the supernatural. Some also believe in a sixth type of conflict, man vs. technology. What types of conflict have you observed in this novel? Be sure to give at least one specific example for each type that you list.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 15, Keneally contrasts a scene of brutal killing against a scene of Red Genia's survival. Describe your thoughts not only on the scenes themselves, but why Keneally juxtaposed them together in this way.
Essay Topic 3
The characters in the novel experienced every kind of emotion possible. Do you think Keneally was simply trying to tell the story of Oskar Schindler with this book, or was he trying to elicit emotions in the reader? State your reasoning, and back it up with specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,858 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)