Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the autumn of 1944, how many people were employed in Madritch's uniform factory?
2. Who did Amon Goeth consider calling as witnesses in his defense when he was tried for war crimes?
3. What location does engineer Sussmuth recommend to Oskar as the location of his new plant?
4. Who was the first prisoner that Oskar Schindler had buried after death?
5. What happened to Mila Pfefferberg's mother, a dermatologist?
Power--or the lack of it--was a matter of life or death in Schindler's List. Hitler had almost complete control over Germany, of course. What types of power were exhibited in the novel? Did power shift during the course of the story? If so, from what person or group to which person or group?
Oskar Schindler resisted the Nazi occupation by hiring Jews, rather than choosing a more vocal or forceful resistance. Why do you think he chose this path? Potentially, he could have been more vocal, or even have become a spy, since he had some experience in that field. Talk about other forms of resistance he could have chosen, and why you believe, based on what you've read in the book, he chose to "resist" via his factory. Use at least one specific example from the book to back up your statement.
Oskar Schindler made huge sums of money during the war, yet he died penniless, supported by those he saved. He tried starting two different businesses in two different countries, both of which failed. What factors did you recognize from the book that may have contributed to his ability to succeed during the war, but inability to make money in business after the war?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)