|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oskar approach in Berlin about relocating his factory and its workers?
2. Where did Poldek Pfefferberg hide while looking for his wife?
3. What type of factory did Schindler open, using capital from the Joint Distribution Committee and "loans" from some Schindler Jews?
4. How much was Schindler spending each month on black-market food for his workers?
5. Who does Oskar bring to Emalia at the beginning of Chapter 23?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oskar Schindler resisted the Nazi occupation by hiring Jews, rather than choosing a more vocal or forceful resistance. Why do you think he chose this path? Potentially, he could have been more vocal, or even have become a spy, since he had some experience in that field. Talk about other forms of resistance he could have chosen, and why you believe, based on what you've read in the book, he chose to "resist" via his factory. Use at least one specific example from the book to back up your statement.
Essay Topic 2
The characters in the novel experienced every kind of emotion possible. Do you think Keneally was simply trying to tell the story of Oskar Schindler with this book, or was he trying to elicit emotions in the reader? State your reasoning, and back it up with specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 15, Keneally contrasts a scene of brutal killing against a scene of Red Genia's survival. Describe your thoughts not only on the scenes themselves, but why Keneally juxtaposed them together in this way.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)