|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schindler pay to Grun for not executing Lamus?
2. Who did Amon Goeth consider calling as witnesses in his defense when he was tried for war crimes?
3. How much was Schindler spending each month on black-market food for his workers?
4. When Oskar returns to Cracow from the Sudetenland, what does he find has happened to two of his barracks?
5. With what does Oskar bribe his old friend Otto Rasch?
Essay Topic 1
Identify at least three traits of Oskar Schindler's personality and then detail how they affected the story. What difference did these traits make in the decision he made? Did Keneally's description of Oskar and his actions always seem true to these traits? If not, where did it seem to diverge?
Essay Topic 2
Chapter 17 opens with the statement, "even in the autumn of 1942, the Zionists of Palestine, let alone the population of the world, knew nothing but rumors of what was happening in Europe." Based on your reading of the book and any other activities you've completed, discuss the communication of the early 1940's. Why did no one know what was going on in Germany and Poland? What kinds of news media were available? Who owned them? Do you think the secrecy was part of the Nazi plan? If they believed that their "ethnic cleansing" was the right thing to do, then why was it kept so secret?
Essay Topic 3
The setting of a book can function almost as another character. Describe how the setting of Schindler's List, especially the descriptions of Emalia, Plaszow, and Brinnlitz, surround the characters and become part of the fabric of the story. Discuss what effect the setting has on the book as a whole, and how the book might be different if it had been set somewhere else.
This section contains 1,861 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)