|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of factory did Schindler open, using capital from the Joint Distribution Committee and "loans" from some Schindler Jews?
2. Marcel Goldberg, personnel clerk, was open to bribes for doing what?
3. Regina Perlman visits Schindler in order to do what?
4. In 1966, the German government gave Oskar what award?
5. Moshe Bejski, Oskar's former forger of documents, was employed after the war in Tel Aviv in what profession?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in the novel experienced every kind of emotion possible. Do you think Keneally was simply trying to tell the story of Oskar Schindler with this book, or was he trying to elicit emotions in the reader? State your reasoning, and back it up with specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What message do you think Keneally is trying to convey in this novel? The author chose not to write this as a biography of Schindler, and most novels have an underlying theme or message. What did you come away with after reading this book? What do you think Keneally wanted to convey? Are those the same, or do you think you got something a little different out of the book than Keneally intended? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Power--or the lack of it--was a matter of life or death in Schindler's List. Hitler had almost complete control over Germany, of course. What types of power were exhibited in the novel? Did power shift during the course of the story? If so, from what person or group to which person or group?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)