|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the 10,000 men who were marched toward Gross-Rosen, how many did Moshe Henigman say were alive after 10 days?
2. What disease did the lice carry?
3. Many of the German soldiers and officers who killed the Jews are reported in the book as resorting to what solace?
4. What does Schindler do with the confiscated Wohlfeiler papers?
5. Who did Amon Goeth consider calling as witnesses in his defense when he was tried for war crimes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the different ways Oskar Schindler defies authority. Although he doesn't participate in outright defiance, like bombing buildings, his defiance is still measurable. Describe at least three ways Oskar defies "the system," and give specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
The characters in the novel experienced every kind of emotion possible. Do you think Keneally was simply trying to tell the story of Oskar Schindler with this book, or was he trying to elicit emotions in the reader? State your reasoning, and back it up with specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 15, Keneally contrasts a scene of brutal killing against a scene of Red Genia's survival. Describe your thoughts not only on the scenes themselves, but why Keneally juxtaposed them together in this way.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)