|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the autumn of 1944, how many people were employed in Madritch's uniform factory?
2. Who did Amon Goeth consider calling as witnesses in his defense when he was tried for war crimes?
3. What location does engineer Sussmuth recommend to Oskar as the location of his new plant?
4. Who was the first prisoner that Oskar Schindler had buried after death?
5. What happened to Mila Pfefferberg's mother, a dermatologist?
Essay Topic 1
For a character to be memorable, he or she must grow during the course of the novel--in other words, the character cannot be the same person inside that he or she was at the outset. Describe how Oskar Shindler changed and grew during the novel. Use at least one specific example from the beginning of the novel, and at least one specific example from the end of the novel to illustrate your point.
Essay Topic 2
The characters in the novel experienced every kind of emotion possible. Do you think Keneally was simply trying to tell the story of Oskar Schindler with this book, or was he trying to elicit emotions in the reader? State your reasoning, and back it up with specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Chapter 16 describes a violent act of resistance by the ZOB and Halutz Youth. They blew up a restaurant, killing several SS men and injuring even more. Some would call that terrorism. Others would call it justified resistance. List at least three methods of resistance that Jewish people employed in response to the German persecution (the Jewish people do not have to have survived their act of resistance for it to count). Describe the acts of resistance, and how effective they were (or not) against the Nazis, both in the short term as well as the long term.
This section contains 1,892 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)