|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Poldek Pfefferberg hide while looking for his wife?
(a) In Dr. H's apartment.
(b) Behind an iron gate.
(c) In the sewers.
(d) In the attic of his apartment.
2. What does Oskar do for the prisoners in the cattle cars in Chapter 29?
(a) Hoses down the cars with water and distributes food.
(b) Hires two doctors among the prisoners for his Emalia plant.
(c) Bribes the guards to turn away so a few prisoners can escape.
(d) Convinces Amon Goeth to delay the shipment of prisoners.
3. What privilege does Schindler secretly grant to Rabbi Levartov once he's at Emalia?
(a) Time to read his Torah.
(b) Reciting the Kiddush in preparation for the Shabbat.
(c) The ability to write short postcards and smuggle them out of the factory.
(d) The ability to organize nighttime prayer groups.
4. When Oskar returns to Cracow from the Sudetenland, what does he find has happened to two of his barracks?
(a) They have fallen off their foundations.
(b) The Luftwaffe has strafed them with bullets.
(c) They were destroyed by the SS.
(d) An Allied bomber has crashed into them.
5. Who did Oskar free from Montelupich prison?
(a) Frau Romana Gintner.
(b) Fraulein Amendela Sopp.
(c) Fraulein Rebecca Tannenbaum.
(d) Frau Helene Schindler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Amon Goeth in Chapter 31?
2. Where did Oskar and Emilie initially settle after the war?
3. When did Oskar hear news of the German surrender?
4. What disease did the lice carry?
5. What type of factory did Schindler open, using capital from the Joint Distribution Committee and "loans" from some Schindler Jews?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)