|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What location does engineer Sussmuth recommend to Oskar as the location of his new plant?
(a) The Hoffman brothers' annex in Brinnlitz.
(b) The Breslau family's grain factory, now idle.
(c) The Zvitava shoe factory.
(d) The abandoned dish factory in Zwittau.
2. In the end, Brinnlitz produced how many functional pieces of armament?
(b) Only one shipment's worth.
(c) Only twelve working pieces.
(d) Only one ton's worth.
3. What type of "meeting" does Oskar attend, along with Madritsch and Bosch, in Amon's office in Chapter 29?
(a) A meeting of minds.
(b) A prisoner transfer consultation.
(c) A security conference.
(d) A discussion of "Special Treatment."
4. What was the reason Oskar usually gave to keep German officers away from his prisoners?
(a) I can't be bothered with your petty rules.
(b) I've got high priority war contracts (or something similar).
(c) The prisoners have typhus and you must stay clear.
(d) I have the ear of the Fuhrer.
5. What card game do Oskar and Amon Goeth play in Chapter 30?
(c) Go fish.
6. Many of the German soldiers and officers who killed the Jews are reported in the book as resorting to what solace?
(c) Going AWOL.
(d) Turning state's evidence.
7. Who did Amon order to shoot Helen Hirsch?
(a) Eric Sussmuth.
(b) Governor General Frank.
(c) An SS Sergeant.
(d) Petr and Ivan.
8. Who was the prisoner with the photographic memory who would, in the end, provide damning evidence against Amon Goeth?
(a) Roman Gintner.
(b) Symche Spira.
(c) Frau Kochmann.
(d) Mietek Pemper.
9. Who was the engineer of Schindler's new housing for his workers?
(a) Rolf Hammerschmith.
(b) Adam Garde.
(c) Wilek Chilowicz.
(d) Willi Kunde.
10. What does Schindler pay to Grun for not executing Lamus?
(a) A fifth of rum.
(b) Single-malt Scotch.
(c) A bottle of vodka.
(d) Half a litre of vodka.
11. What happens to Amon Goeth in Chapter 31?
(a) He is killed.
(b) His camp is closed.
(c) He is promoted to Hauptsturmfuhrer.
(d) He is arrested.
12. What information did Schindler finally hear, when he and Adam Garde listened to the radio?
(a) That reports of Hitler's death were greatly exaggerated.
(b) That a shipment of Jews had been discovered by British troops, and their secret was out.
(c) That Allied troops had entered Germany.
(d) That Poland had fallen to the Russians.
13. What part of Amon Goeth's morning routine is described in Chapter 22?
(a) Forcing a prisoner to bring in buckets of hot water for his bath.
(b) Beating that day's servant.
(c) Shooting a random prisoner.
(d) Having cognac with breakfast.
14. What happened to Mila Pfefferberg's mother, a dermatologist?
(a) She was able to escape Poland by hiding in the bottom of a barge.
(b) She was gunned down by the SS while standing among her patients.
(c) She took cyanide rather than go to a concentration camp.
(d) She gave up her life so that the Pfefferberg's daughter could escape to the West.
15. Moshe Bejski, Oskar's former forger of documents, was employed after the war in Tel Aviv in what profession?
(a) A pilot.
(b) A locksmith.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Stern have engraved on Oskar's ring?
2. What is announced regarding Emalia at the beginning of Chapter 30?
3. Dolek Horowitz believed the Jews sent from Emalia to Plaszow would be extricated by Schindler because he had. . .
4. Where was Oskar Schindler buried?
5. Two truckloads of what food arrived on the day of Oskar's 37th birthday?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)