|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two truckloads of what food arrived on the day of Oskar's 37th birthday?
(a) Ground wheat.
(c) White bread.
2. According to Commandant Rudolf Hoss, how many people per day could be gassed at the Auschwitz complex?
3. What type of "meeting" does Oskar attend, along with Madritsch and Bosch, in Amon's office in Chapter 29?
(a) A prisoner transfer consultation.
(b) A discussion of "Special Treatment."
(c) A meeting of minds.
(d) A security conference.
4. Young Richard Rosner was never able to go to a children's playground again without growing hysterical at the sight of what piece of equipment?
(a) The teeter totter.
(b) The merry-go-round.
(c) The swing frames.
(d) The rainbow bars.
5. What were some of the items that Schindler bought at extravagant prices, then used in trade for his prisoner workers?
(a) Warm blankets and shoes.
(b) Makeup and fur coats.
(c) Medicine and fake documents.
(d) Cigarettes and alcohol.
6. What disease did the lice carry?
7. What was the name of the secret, postwar society of SS men?
8. When Schindler breaks into the abandoned warehouse in Chapter 37, what does he find?
(a) Chopin vodka.
(b) Wyborowa vodka.
(c) Egipski cigarettes.
(d) Marlboro cigarettes.
9. Many of the German soldiers and officers who killed the Jews are reported in the book as resorting to what solace?
(b) Going AWOL.
(d) Turning state's evidence.
10. What is the parallel that Keneally draws with Amon and Oskar's card game?
(a) Two men losing their way amidst right and wrong, like the wanderings of Dionysus.
(b) The chips they used being like the Stone of Destiny.
(c) Playing with thunder, like the god Zeus.
(d) God and Satan playing cards for human souls.
11. To what destination did Oskar sail in the Epilogue?
12. By the autumn of 1944, how many people were employed in Madritch's uniform factory?
(a) More than 2,000 people.
(b) More than 4,000 people.
(c) More than 3,000 people.
(d) More than 1,000 people.
13. Does an actual list of Schindler survivors exist?
(a) Yes, in the Polish National Museum.
(b) Yes, in the archives of the Yad Vashem.
(c) No, no such list survived the war.
(d) Yes, in the Jewish Museum in Israel.
14. To what radio broadcast did Schindler usually listen?
(a) The Berlin news station.
(b) The Polish-language channel.
(c) The Czechoslovakian music station.
(d) The BBC.
15. Who was the prisoner with the photographic memory who would, in the end, provide damning evidence against Amon Goeth?
(a) Frau Kochmann.
(b) Mietek Pemper.
(c) Symche Spira.
(d) Roman Gintner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout the war years, Oskar is depicted as. . .
2. What happens to Amon Goeth in Chapter 31?
3. What was Oskar Schindler's profit in the year chronicled in Chapter 22?
4. What phrase was on the posters that went up in Oskar's hometown?
5. Of the 10,000 men who were marched toward Gross-Rosen, how many did Moshe Henigman say were alive after 10 days?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)