|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is announced regarding Emalia at the beginning of Chapter 30?
(a) It is to be disbanded.
(b) It is to be doubled in size.
(c) Amon Goeth will take over as manager.
(d) Oskar is to be replaced as the owner.
2. About how much time does it take Menasha Levartov to turn out a hinge at Goeth's Plaszow camp?
(a) 30 seconds.
(b) A minute.
(c) 93 seconds.
(d) Two minutes.
3. Who does Oskar bring to Emalia at the beginning of Chapter 23?
(a) Dolek Horowitz.
(b) Luisa Kleinfeld.
(c) Ingrid and Ricard Baume.
(d) Regina, Niusia, and Richard Horowitz.
4. What did the prisoners give Schindler for his 37th birthday?
(a) A wooden box.
(b) A small metal box.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) A woven bracelet.
5. Raimund Titsch meets with Amon Goeth to do what?
(a) Play chess.
(b) Plan shipments of Jews.
(c) Discuss weapons.
(d) Change figures in the books of the camps.
6. In Jerusalem, Oskar was declared to be what?
(a) A Brinnlitz Survivor.
(b) A Talmud Hero.
(c) A Yad Vashem.
(d) A Righteous Person.
7. What privilege does Schindler secretly grant to Rabbi Levartov once he's at Emalia?
(a) The ability to organize nighttime prayer groups.
(b) Reciting the Kiddush in preparation for the Shabbat.
(c) Time to read his Torah.
(d) The ability to write short postcards and smuggle them out of the factory.
8. Where did Oskar and Emilie initially settle after the war?
9. To what destination did Oskar sail in the Epilogue?
10. The telegram from Hassebroeck to Liepold gave instructions for what?
(a) Contacting Hitler or Himmler if he could escape to Berlin.
(b) Disposal of the prisoners in the event the Russians drew near.
(c) Driving the prisoners east if the Americans arrived in the area.
(d) Locking the prisoners inside the electrified fences while the SS men escaped.
11. What signal did Schindler want Stern to use to point out an item of interest to Sedlacek and Babar?
(a) Adjust his hat.
(b) Bend down and tie his shoestring.
(c) Put his hands in his pockets.
(d) Cough twice.
12. What does Emilie Schindler travel to Ostrava to get?
(a) Wheat, corn, and vegetables.
(b) Vodka and wine.
(c) Diamonds, vodka, and bolts of woolen material.
(d) Ointments, sulfa, and vitamins.
13. Dr. Steinberg, a prisoner in a Moravian work camp, describes obtaining a pass and a truck to visit Brinnlitz. What did he usually return to his Luftwaffe camp with?
(a) Bread, semolina, potatoes and cigarettes.
(b) Bread, cheap wine, rice and water.
(c) Bread and soup.
(d) Bread, Cream of Wheat, and sometimes a few vegetables.
14. What type of "meeting" does Oskar attend, along with Madritsch and Bosch, in Amon's office in Chapter 29?
(a) A meeting of minds.
(b) A security conference.
(c) A prisoner transfer consultation.
(d) A discussion of "Special Treatment."
15. How much was Schindler spending each month on black-market food for his workers?
(a) 35,000 zloty.
(b) 25,000 zloty
(c) 10,000 zloty.
(d) 50,000 zloty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Young Richard Rosner was never able to go to a children's playground again without growing hysterical at the sight of what piece of equipment?
2. Who was the first prisoner that Oskar Schindler had buried after death?
3. Where did Poldek Pfefferberg hide while looking for his wife?
4. What type of factory did Schindler open, using capital from the Joint Distribution Committee and "loans" from some Schindler Jews?
5. Why did Amon Goeth set up the Chilowicz family for a sure death sentence?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)