|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 36-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the assistance of Stern, Schindler obtains:
(a) Enamelware to get production started.
(b) Documents that will protect him from Hitler.
(c) Black-market connections for his products.
(d) Loans to start up his business interests.
2. Of the 10,000 men who were marched toward Gross-Rosen, how many did Moshe Henigman say were alive after 10 days?
3. How much was Schindler spending each month on black-market food for his workers?
(a) 25,000 zloty
(b) 10,000 zloty.
(c) 35,000 zloty.
(d) 50,000 zloty.
4. In Chapter 10, Keneally states that the SS was becoming more powerful because they were becoming:
(a) Able to distance themselves from their actions and their victims.
(b) Inured to the suffering through which they were putting the Jews.
(c) Not simply the arm of policy, but the makers of it as well.
(d) Closer to the Fuhrer.
5. What is the parallel that Keneally draws with Amon and Oskar's card game?
(a) The chips they used being like the Stone of Destiny.
(b) God and Satan playing cards for human souls.
(c) Two men losing their way amidst right and wrong, like the wanderings of Dionysus.
(d) Playing with thunder, like the god Zeus.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Commandant Rudolf Hoss, how many people per day could be gassed at the Auschwitz complex?
2. What signal did Schindler want Stern to use to point out an item of interest to Sedlacek and Babar?
3. The Judenrat was what?
4. How does the pharmacist Bachner say he survived the Prokocim camp?
5. Amon Goeth attempts to convince Schindler and Madritch to do what?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)