|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Julius Madritsch envisioned opening a factory in Podgorze. What did he plan to manufacture there?
2. The Judenrat was what?
(a) The Jewish Council.
(b) The Jewish Government.
(c) The Jewish Police Force.
(d) The Jewish Religious Society.
3. While the Prologue's dinner party is going on downstairs, what is happening upstairs?
(a) Pfefferberg and Lisiek are scrubbing Goeth's bathtub.
(b) A listening device is being placed in Goeth's room.
(c) Two prisoners are sneaking in a prostitute for Goeth.
(d) An after-dinner surprise is being set up for Goeth.
4. According to Keneally, Hitler switched from shooting Jews to gassing them after what event?
(a) After two SS guards were accidentally wounded from ricocheting rounds.
(b) After Leni Riefenstahl had complained about witnessing the execution of a line of Jews with automatic weapons.
(c) After three Jews had survived an attempted killing and successfully escaped the city.
(d) After witnesses from the United Nations heard about the killing from the sounds of gunfire.
5. In Chapter 4, Schindler tries to warn Itzhak Stern about. . .
(a) The drowning of the local rabbi next week.
(b) The imminent seizure of their property.
(c) An SS invasion of Kazimierz the next day.
(d) An SS spy operating in their neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Poles believe would be a good place to send the Jews?
2. What types of records does Keneally say were kept of Schindler's black-market deals?
3. In the Prologue, a prisoner is also on his way to the Commandant's villa. Who is that prisoner?
4. What was the address of Oskar Schindler's factory?
5. Who is the oldest person at the dinner party described in the Prologue?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)