• The Prologue begins in 1943 Poland.
• Herr Oskar Schindler is described first, on his way to a dinner party.
• The dinner party is being held at the forced-labor camp of Plaszow.
• Tall and somewhat elegant, he enjoys the finer things in life and is being driven to dinner in a limousine.
• We discover that, while he dines and socializes with the German officers, he finds most of them very distasteful.
• Several German officers are introduced, including Commondant Amon Goeth, who is in charge.
• Several German prisoners are introduced, including Poldek Pfefferberg, who used to be a teacher, and Lisiek, who used to be one of his pupils.
• Helen Hirsch is introduced. She is Goeth's personal maid, and he beats her, but does not rape her. He calls her Lena, too lazy to even use her real name.
• Several prostitutes are at the dinner party, and we begin to...
This section contains 3,252 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)