|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is Camden located in?
(a) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
2. How many students attend PS261 daily?
3. What was the former purpose of the building that houses PS261?
(a) Roller skating rink.
(b) Movie theater.
4. What is the race of the non-white children in the accelerated classes at the school in Riverdale?
5. What type of facility is missing from Camden High School?
(a) A lunch facility.
(b) Teacher's lounge.
(c) Locker room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students from Woodrow Wilson, according to Kozol, sign up to take the SAT in the spring of 1990 when he visits?
2. What did the press report soon after Kozol's visit to the Anacostia elementary school?
3. What is the dropout rate for Woodrow Wilson High School?
4. According to Kozol, what is the estimated worth of the education a child receives in the inner city of New York?
5. According to Delabian Rice Thurston, where do the rich in Washington, D.C. try to send their children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kozol describe the D.C. school system?
2. What three Supreme Court justices wrote dissents for the Milliken v. Bradley case? Why did each dissent?
3. Why do public schools in certain areas of New York suffer more than others?
4. How does Kozol describe the two worlds of Washington, D.C.?
5. What resources do the teachers at Pyne Point Junior High lack? How do the teachers improvise?
6. Describe PS 79.
7. What similarity exist between selective schools in New York and Chicago?
8. Describe the Milliken v. Bradley case's appeal to Supreme Court.
9. How does Kozol describe the Anacostia neighborhood where Harper and her mother live?
10. Describe PS 261.
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)