|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one way not mentioned by Kozol's friend Elizabeth that poor people know that they are living in a rich society?
(d) Reading books.
2. What state is Camden located in?
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
3. Which citiy sits across the Delaware River from Camden?
(a) New York, NY.
(b) Philadelphia, PA.
(c) Dover, DE.
(d) Trenton, NJ.
4. How long do some of the students at Morris High School think it will be before blacks and whites work together to better public education?
(a) 200 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 300 years.
(d) 400 years.
5. What type of people does Octovia, a child at the Anacostia elementary school, say that the girls want to be like when they grow up?
(a) Rock stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Wall Street Journal say has remained static while per-pupil spending has increased?
2. At what age does the principal in Anacostia say many of the boys in her school will be dead?
3. What is the race of the non-white children in the accelerated classes at the school in Riverdale?
4. Who used to attend the church in Camden that Kozol passes while chatting with two teachers from Camden High School?
5. What does the principal at PS79 say he will have to do if more students enroll at his school?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)