|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are two of the problems that Vernon Dover, principal of Pyne Point Junior High, tells Kozol exist at his school?
(a) Low teacher salaries and space.
(b) Low enrollment and traunt students.
(c) Dropouts and space.
(d) Dropouts and low teacher salaries.
2. How does the school administrator at Morris High School in the South Bronx encourage the supposedly slow children to express themselves?
(a) Through interpretive dance.
(b) By writing poetry.
(c) By writing short stories.
(d) In theater.
3. How long do some of the students at Morris High School think it will be before blacks and whites work together to better public education?
(a) 300 years.
(b) 200 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) 400 years.
4. What is the fate of Raymond Abbot long after the court's decision is rendered?
(a) He is working full-time as a manager in a fast food resturant.
(b) He is a student at Rutgers University.
(c) He is living on the streets.
(d) He is a cocaine addict in jail.
5. What is the race of the non-white children in the accelerated classes at the school in Riverdale?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city does Kozol point out as having a non-white administration for two years where conditions did not improve?
2. According to Delabian Rice Thurston, where do the rich in Washington, D.C. try to send their children?
3. How low does Kozol report you can purchase a home for in North Camden?
4. Who does the press hail as the answer to solving local school problems?
5. What issue do PS261 and PS79 share?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)