|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the girls does the principal in Anacostia say will be pregnant by the fifth grade?
(a) Three fourths.
(b) Two thirds.
(c) One third.
(d) One fourth.
2. After speaking to the kindergarten class at PS79, Kozol learns that one of the African-American boys in the class travels how long each day to get to school?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
3. Which city does Kozol point out as having a non-white administration for two years where conditions did not improve?
4. According to the Wall Street Journal, what are the two worlds of Washington, D.C.?
(a) The one of the House and the Senate.
(b) The one of presidents and congressmen.
(c) The one of Capitol Hill and Brookland Manor.
(d) The one with sparking white monuments and Anacostia.
5. What is the fate of Raymond Abbot long after the court's decision is rendered?
(a) He is a cocaine addict in jail.
(b) He is living on the streets.
(c) He is working full-time as a manager in a fast food resturant.
(d) He is a student at Rutgers University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What issue do PS261 and PS79 share?
2. Who does the press hail as the answer to solving local school problems?
3. What racial group makes up 92 percent of the children that attend the public schools in Washington, D.C.?
4. What does the Wall Street Journal say has remained static while per-pupil spending has increased?
5. At what age does the principal in Anacostia say many of the boys in her school will be dead?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)