1. What year did Kozol begin teaching in Boston?
2. Which two poets did Kozol expose the children in the urban district to?
Robert Frost and Langston Hughes.
3. Where did Kozol hold his classes while teaching in the urban school in Boston?
4. Who authored the poem that one of the most embittered students in Kozol's class memorized?
5. How many children did Baldwin have in his classroom while teaching in the urban school in Boston?
6. How many children did Baldwin have in his classroom while teaching in the school located in the Boston suburbs?
7. When Kozol decides to see what's happening in America's schools, what shocked and outraged him most about the public school system?
The segregation that still existed in the school system.
This section contains 5,488 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)