|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tommy say Popeye is afraid of?
2. What does Narcissa worry Benbow is risking by helping Ruby?
3. Who is the first person Temple talks to after waking up on the plantation?
4. Who does Narcissa demand be removed from her house?
5. Who tells Ruby to call the Sheriff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Narcissa think Benbow should do when she first sees him at her house?
2. How is Narcissa described when she is first introduced?
3. What makes Temple so upset in the car with Popeye?
4. Why is Temple brought to the plantation?
5. What happens to Temple in the barn?
6. What is Goodwin arrested for, and how does he respond?
7. How does Stevens act while at the plantation?
8. What causes Ruby to go down to the river with her baby?
9. Why does Popeye tell Ruby he is leaving?
10. What kind act does Ruby to for Temple?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Prohibition plays a huge role in this plot. What is Prohibition, and how did its inclusion in this plot make a difference?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
The trial passes quickly, but there is a lot of injustices that happen in it. What happens in this trial to make it unfair, and what results because of these things?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)