|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruby yell at Temple for?
2. What is Ruby’s job?
3. What does Tommy do while in the barn?
4. How does Stevens get a car after waking up at the Frenchman Place?
5. Where does Popeye meet Benbow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Goodwin tell Ruby when she gets back from the river?
2. How does Temple fare the night she spends on the plantation?
3. What kind act does Ruby to for Temple?
4. Where does Temple wake up on the plantation, and why?
5. What happens when Benbow and Popeye first meet?
6. How does Stevens act while at the plantation?
7. What bothers Stevens most about his time at the plantation, and why?
8. What does Narcissa think Benbow should do when she first sees him at her house?
9. What happens to Temple in the barn?
10. How does Ruby feel about Temple when they first meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many people tried to protect Temple in this book, but all were unsuccessful. Who tried to protect her, and what made their attempts so futile?
Essay Topic 2
There are many things blamed for the trials Temple faces in this book. What are some of these things?
Essay Topic 3
Benbow is very interested in what happens to Temple. Why is this, and what does this indicate about his character?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)