|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Benbow’s wife live?
2. What is Tommy teased about by the others?
3. What does Tommy do while in the barn?
4. What is Benbow’s occupation?
5. Where is Temple’s younger brother attending school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Ruby to go down to the river with her baby?
2. How does Ruby feel about Temple when they first meet?
3. How does Narcissafeel about Benbow being involved in Goodwin’s case?
4. How does Tommy react to a fight on the plantation?
5. What is Temple’s family like?
6. What prank is played on Stevens, and why?
7. Where does Temple wake up on the plantation, and why?
8. What happens when Benbow and Popeye first meet?
9. How does Stevens act while at the plantation?
10. What does Goodwin tell Ruby when she gets back from the river?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Reba has a very unique role in this plot. How would you describe this role, and what would have changed in the book without her?
Essay Topic 2
Justice and Mercy are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
Essay Topic 3
Discrimination is a very important topic of discussion in this book. How is this discussion brought about, and how does it affect the tone of the book?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)