|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ruby in a relationship with?
2. What does Stevens hit when he gets in an accident?
(a) A stalled car
(b) A tree
(c) A pedestrian
(d) A fence
3. What causes Ruby to try and help with the case?
(a) There is a riot
(b) Her baby gets sick
(c) Goodwin cries
(d) The still is destroyed
4. Where does Temple spend time with Ruby in Chapter 7?
(a) The patio
(b) The kitchen
(c) The loft
(d) The barn
5. Why is Ruby accused of adultery?
(a) She lives at the plantation as a harlot
(b) She is not married to Goodwin
(c) She talks often with Benbow
(d) She is pregnant with another man's baby
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Benbow quiz Popeye about an animal?
2. Why does Stevens go to the barn at the Frenchman Place?
3. Where is Temple going to school?
4. How many brothers does Temple have?
5. Where does Popeye find Temple at the plantation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe Miss Jenny?
2. What happens when Benbow and Popeye first meet?
3. What does Tommy say about the road being blocked off?
4. What insulting comment does Temple make about Goodwin?
5. Why is Temple brought to the plantation?
6. What are some of the reasons Benbow gives for leaving his wife?
7. What is the first challenge Benbow poses to Popeye?
8. Why does Ruby say she has stayed at the plantation?
9. What bothers Stevens most about his time at the plantation, and why?
10. How does Goodwin make a living?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)