|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stevens hit when he gets in an accident?
(a) A pedestrian
(b) A stalled car
(c) A tree
(d) A fence
2. What kind of animal sleeps near Temple at the Frenchman Place?
(a) A pig
(b) A rat
(c) A hen
(d) A cat
3. What happens to the African American murderer?
(a) He is hanged
(b) He is set free
(c) He is put in jail
(d) He is shot
4. What does Narcissa worry Benbow is risking by helping Ruby?
(a) His career
(b) His education
(c) His marriage
(d) His religion
5. How is Benbow related to Miss Jenny?
(a) She is his cousin
(b) She is his great aunt
(c) She is his godmother
(d) She is his family's maid
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple’s father do for a living?
2. Who does Ruby say does the most practical work in the world?
3. Who takes Temple out of the dangerous room at night in the Frenchman Place?
4. What makes Goodwin so hard to defend?
5. How is Narcissa related to Benbow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Goodwin tell Ruby when she gets back from the river?
2. What is the first challenge Benbow poses to Popeye?
3. What makes Temple so upset in the car with Popeye?
4. How does Tommy react to a fight on the plantation?
5. How does the author describe Miss Jenny?
6. What does Narcissa think Benbow should do when she first sees him at her house?
7. What is Temple’s family like?
8. Why is Temple brought to the plantation?
9. What are some of the reasons Benbow gives for leaving his wife?
10. Why does Ruby say she has stayed at the plantation?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)