|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Goodwin so hard to defend?
(a) He refuses to talk
(b) His story keeps changing
(c) He is very ill
(d) He has a bad reputation
2. Who is Ruby in a relationship with?
3. Why does Benbow quiz Popeye about an animal?
(a) To change the subject
(b) To keep up conversation
(c) To prove his intelligence
(d) To satisfy curiosity
4. Where does Temple spend time with Ruby in Chapter 7?
(a) The patio
(b) The kitchen
(c) The loft
(d) The barn
5. What is the worst insult Ruby gives Temple?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights with Popeye at the Frenchman Place?
2. What is Stevens most embarrassed about after leaving Taylor?
3. Who does Goodwin tell to mind his own business at the Frenchman Place?
4. Who does Ruby think Temple shuns?
5. Where does Popeye find Temple at the plantation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stevens end his relationship with Narcissa?
2. What happens when Benbow and Popeye first meet?
3. Why does Ruby say she has stayed at the plantation?
4. What kind act does Ruby to for Temple?
5. How does Tommy react to a fight on the plantation?
6. How does the author describe Miss Jenny?
7. What are some of the reasons Benbow gives for leaving his wife?
8. What does Goodwin tell Ruby when she gets back from the river?
9. What prank is played on Stevens, and why?
10. How does Narcissafeel about Benbow being involved in Goodwin’s case?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)