|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of man does Narcissa like to date?
(a) Rich men
(b) Older men
(c) Younger men
(d) Dangerous men
2. Why does Ruby say Temple is safe from Goodwin?
(a) She is too young
(b) She is too loose
(c) She is too poor
(d) She is too prim
3. Why does Benbow quiz Popeye about an animal?
(a) To change the subject
(b) To prove his intelligence
(c) To keep up conversation
(d) To satisfy curiosity
4. Why does Ruby say she hasn’t returned to Memphis?
(a) She has a baby
(b) She likes her life
(c) She is running from the law
(d) She is scared
5. What animal does Benbow quiz Popeye about?
(a) A bird
(b) A raccoon
(c) A dog
(d) A deer
Short Answer Questions
1. What do college boys make Stevens drink?
2. Who fights with Popeye at the Frenchman Place?
3. What is Ruby told to tell the sheriff?
4. What does Narcissa worry Benbow is risking by helping Ruby?
5. What is Benbow’s occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Temple wake up on the plantation, and why?
2. How does Narcissafeel about Benbow being involved in Goodwin’s case?
3. What is the first challenge Benbow poses to Popeye?
4. What is Goodwin arrested for, and how does he respond?
5. What is Temple’s family like?
6. How does Temple fare the night she spends on the plantation?
7. What happens when Benbow and Popeye first meet?
8. How does Stevens act while at the plantation?
9. What happens to Temple in the barn?
10. What does Stevens do when he wakes up on the plantation?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)