|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stevens do at the Frenchman Place that bothers Temple?
(a) He yells at the women
(b) He cusses
(c) He gets drunk
(d) He gets in a fight
2. What causes Ruby to try and help with the case?
(a) The still is destroyed
(b) There is a riot
(c) Goodwin cries
(d) Her baby gets sick
3. Who destroys Goodwin’s still?
(c) The police
4. What does Temple’s father do for a living?
(a) He is a professor
(b) He is a policeman
(c) He is a judge
(d) He is a priest
5. How does Goodwin make money?
(a) He makes alcohol
(b) He hides runaways
(c) He is a farmer
(d) He runs a halfway house
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tommy’s animal die?
2. Who does Goodwin tell to mind his own business at the Frenchman Place?
3. Where does Ruby stay while Goodwin is in prison?
4. Why does Benbow quiz Popeye about an animal?
5. Who blocks off the road to Goodwin’s house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Goodwin tell Ruby when she gets back from the river?
2. Why is Temple brought to the plantation?
3. How does Stevens end his relationship with Narcissa?
4. What insulting comment does Temple make about Goodwin?
5. How is Narcissa described when she is first introduced?
6. What does Stevens do when he wakes up on the plantation?
7. What does Tommy say about the road being blocked off?
8. What kind act does Ruby to for Temple?
9. What happens to Temple in the barn?
10. Why does Popeye tell Ruby he is leaving?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)