|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 4, what color ribbon does Alfred remember Hannelore wearing when they briefly played a game in the street?
2. In Section 3, where does Alfred say there is a lovely swimming area?
(a) F deck.
(b) b deck.
(c) E deck.
(d) D deck.
3. In Section 4, who does Joana tell Florian that she gave a letter to that resulted in the NKVD taking some of Joana's family?
4. In Section 3, were does Alfred find Florian when he goes to meet with him?
(b) Projection room.
(c) Third pew from the back.
5. In Section 4 after the torpedo hit, how was a little girl with a stuffed bear killed?
(a) She hit her head on a wall.
(b) She was trampled underfoot.
(c) Grand piano rolled into her.
(d) Her mother dropped her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 3, how many hot meals a day has Alfred been told that the passengers will receive?
2. As Joana walks with Emilia to the ship, what does she see on a mahogany desk in a building that has been damaged?
3. In Section 4, how many nautical miles offshore does Alfred say that the ship is when he hears a loud bang and feels something slam into the ship?
4. In Section 4, what does Joana say is the name of the person she murdered?
5. What name is on Emilia's identification papers in Section 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Section 4, what instructions does Dr. Wendt give Joana?
2. What does Alfred do to a child's toy and why when he collapses in the music room after vomiting with seasickness in Section 4?
3. In Section 3, why does Eva not register with the rest of the group?
4. In Section 4, after the torpedo hits, what happens to a little girl in the music room?
5. In Section 3, what does KdF mean and what is its purpose?
6. In Section 3, what does Joana learn about Florian and Koch?
7. What happens to Alfred?
8. What does Alfred do when a sailor tells him to get a coat if he can find one?
9. In Section 3, how does Alfred describe the swimming area on the ship?
10. In Section 4, how does Alfred describe the ship's departure?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)