|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 4, what color ribbon does Alfred remember Hannelore wearing when they briefly played a game in the street?
2. What name is on Emilia's identification papers in Section 3?
3. In Section 3, how does Florian say that his father died?
(a) In a concentration camp.
(d) Shot by a firing squad.
4. In Section 3, how long does Joana say that it will take to travel from Gotenhafen to Kiel?
(a) 48 hours.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 23 hours.
(d) 2 days.
5. In Section 3, who does Florian say that he is named after?
(a) 15th-century sculptor.
(b) 14th-century playwright.
(c) 16th-century painter.
(d) 17th-century poet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 3, what does Emilia remember eating when her mother died of childbirth?
2. In Section 4, what time does Joana hear a loud bang and feel a massive jolt?
3. During what celebration did Emilia remember receiving a sign in Section 4?
4. How far is Kiel from Denmark?
5. In Section 3, were does Alfred find Florian when he goes to meet with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Section 3, why does Eva not register with the rest of the group?
2. In Section 3, how does Emilia remember becoming pregnant?
3. In Section 4, who springs into action in the maternity ward after the torpedo hits?
4. In Section 4, what does Florian think might help him leave the ship without getting arrested?
5. What does Alfred do when a sailor tells him to get a coat if he can find one?
6. In Section 4, what interrupts the music that plays on the ships speaker's and why?
7. In Section 3, how does Alfred describe the swimming area on the ship?
8. In Section 4, when does Emilia remember receiving a sign?
9. What happens to Alfred?
10. In Section 4, after the torpedo hits, what happens to a little girl in the music room?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)