|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 3, when does Emilia say that Germany invaded Poland from the west?
(a) September 30, 1939.
(b) September 23, 1939.
(c) September 11, 1939.
(d) September 1, 1939.
2. In Section 4, how many refugees did Alfred's superior estimate were left in the port when the ship pulled anchor?
3. In Section 4 after his haircut from Joana, where does Florian wander and find the shoe poet and Klaus?
(a) C deck.
(b) A deck.
(c) B deck.
(d) D deck.
4. In Section 4, how long does the shoe poet say that he was married?
(a) 55 years.
(b) 47 years.
(c) 45 years.
(d) 52 years.
5. In Section 4, who does Joana say that she killed?
(a) A friend.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A co-worker.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 4, how many nautical miles offshore does Alfred say that the ship is when he hears a loud bang and feels something slam into the ship?
2. As Joana walks with Emilia to the ship, what does she see on a mahogany desk in a building that has been damaged?
3. In Section 3, how does Emilia say that Wilhelm Gustloff, the man the ship is named for, died?
4. In Section 3, were does Alfred find Florian when he goes to meet with him?
5. In Section 4 when Alfred collapses after vomiting constantly from seasickness, what toy does he damage?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Section 4, why does Joana say that she is a murderer?
2. In Section 4, what interrupts the music that plays on the ships speaker's and why?
3. In Section 4, how does Alfred describe the ship's departure?
4. What happens to Alfred?
5. In Section 3 as Joana leaves the movie house with Emilia, what does she see as she walks toward the ship?
6. In Section 3, why does Eva not register with the rest of the group?
7. In Section 4, after the torpedo hits, what happens to a little girl in the music room?
8. In Section 3, what does Joana learn about Florian and Koch?
9. What does Alfred do when a sailor tells him to get a coat if he can find one?
10. In Section 3, how does Emilia remember becoming pregnant?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)