|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had happened to the girl Jack got close to when he was young?
2. What does Roy bring for the court?
3. Why did Jack touch Meg the night of the supposed rape?
4. How does Gillian feel when Meg says that Jack touched her, too?
5. Where should Jack's DNA have been found if Gillian's story were true?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jay think Jack really had a relationship with Catherine?
2. What kind of necklace did Chelsea wear during her testimony?
3. What does Jack say the girls were doing when he saw them in the woods?
4. What happens to the woman who delivers a baby next to Annaliese?
5. What does Roy do on the day Addie took the stand?
6. What did Jack's soccer friends used to do after games, and why did he not like this?
7. What does Charlie do with Meg after the trial is over?
8. What do Jack and Addie choose to do at the end of the book?
9. What does Charlie take Gillian to a store to do, and what does this cause him to do?
10. What kind of people did Jack's mother used to bring home to help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Addie's religious fervor affect Jack in his future life outside of prison?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Jodi Picoult have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Why was the game show of Jeopardy such an important symbol in this book, and how did it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)