|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many friends was Gillian hanging out with on the night she says she was raped?
2. Where should Jack's DNA have been found if Gillian's story were true?
3. What does Meg do when she is confronted about using drugs?
4. Who is the first person questioned about Beltane at the trial?
5. What was the name of Jack's best friend in Loyal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie do with Meg after the trial is over?
2. What piece of evidence did Frankie find?
3. Why does Jordan say it was unlikely the wound on Jack's face came from Gillian?
4. How does Charlie react when he is asked to go and interview Addie about the night of the supposed rape?
5. What happens to the woman who delivers a baby next to Annaliese?
6. What does Charlie say to Addie at the end of the book?
7. Who was Emma, and how did she impact Jack's life?
8. What does Amos say to Gillian at the end of the book?
9. What kind of necklace did Chelsea wear during her testimony?
10. Why does Jay think Jack really had a relationship with Catherine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jack is an incredibly patient man. What are some examples of this trait, and how does this affect his life and his choices?
Essay Topic 2
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme, and how did that pursuit affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Education and knowledge are two very important themes in this book. How does education affect Jack's life for both good and bad?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)