|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beltane supposed to celebrate?
2. What do Jordan and Selena realize when they go to the site of the supposed rape?
3. Who ends up interviewing Addie instead of Charlie?
4. Where should Jack's DNA have been found if Gillian's story were true?
5. Why doesn't Jack like to participate in his soccer friends' ritual after games?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jordan say it was unlikely the wound on Jack's face came from Gillian?
2. Who was Emma, and how did she impact Jack's life?
3. How does Charlie react when he is asked to go and interview Addie about the night of the supposed rape?
4. What does Chelsea tell Thomas in confidence, and what does Thomas do about this?
5. What kind of people did Jack's mother used to bring home to help?
6. Why did Annaliese name her son Jack?
7. What does Gillian do to her hair and why?
8. What kind of necklace did Chelsea wear during her testimony?
9. What does Amos say to Gillian at the end of the book?
10. What did Jack's soccer friends used to do after games, and why did he not like this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sexuality is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
Essay Topic 2
What did Jack learn from his time in prison, and how did this knowledge affect his life when he was finally released from prison?
Essay Topic 3
What is the major work of literature that is mirrored and alluded to in this book, and how does this affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)