|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last person to give testimony in the case?
2. What does Charlie have Meg do after the trial is over?
3. What is the name of the Wiccan Store?
4. What is the name of the woman Jack's mother hires as a housekeeper?
5. Where was a sperm sample found on Gillian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jack and Addie choose to do at the end of the book?
2. What does Gillian say Meg has to do after the thermos is discovered?
3. What did Jack's soccer friends used to do after games, and why did he not like this?
4. Why does Jordan say it was unlikely the wound on Jack's face came from Gillian?
5. What does Jack say the girls were doing when he saw them in the woods?
6. What was Chelsea's version of what happened the night Gillian claimed to have been raped?
7. How did Jack's father die?
8. How does Selena find out about Gillian's dealings in Wicca?
9. What does Charlie take Gillian to a store to do, and what does this cause him to do?
10. What does Jack refuse to do when he is in prison, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters were most affected by despair, and how did this change the course of the plot branches they were involved in?
Essay Topic 2
What is Wicca, and how did it affect the course of the plot with its introduction and placement?
Essay Topic 3
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)