|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to see Addie after Charlie apologizes?
2. What is the name of the headmaster of the school where Jack taught?
3. How does Jordan cut his face?
4. Where is Jack's old school located?
5. What time did the bar close the night Jack and Roy were drinking together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack say the girls were doing when he saw them in the woods?
2. What was Chelsea's version of what happened the night Gillian claimed to have been raped?
3. How does Selena find out about Gillian's dealings in Wicca?
4. What does Roy do on the day Addie took the stand?
5. What does Jack refuse to do when he is in prison, and why?
6. How did Jack's father die?
7. What happens to the woman who delivers a baby next to Annaliese?
8. What do Jack and Addie choose to do at the end of the book?
9. What does Charlie do with Meg after the trial is over?
10. What piece of evidence did Frankie find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sexuality is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Jodi Picoult have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)