|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had happened to the girl Jack got close to when he was young?
2. What is the woman delivering a baby in the bed next to Annaliese?
3. What does Matt say Gillian was doing when she was attacked?
4. What is a major side-effect of using atropine?
5. Who finds the thermos with atropine in it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Addie realize about Jack after seeing a TV Ad?
2. What does Charlie say to Addie at the end of the book?
3. What does Chelsea tell Thomas in confidence, and what does Thomas do about this?
4. What kind of necklace did Chelsea wear during her testimony?
5. Why did Annaliese name her son Jack?
6. Why does Jordan say it was unlikely the wound on Jack's face came from Gillian?
7. How did Jack's father die?
8. What does Roy do on the day Addie took the stand?
9. What does Addie say when she visits Jack after her visit to Loyal?
10. What does Jack refuse to do when he is in prison, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jodi Picoult includes some ingenious forms of irony in this book. What are some of these examples, and how does their ironic nature affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 3
Sexuality is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)