|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beltane supposed to celebrate?
2. Who interviews all the girls who were present the night of the supposed rape?
3. What part of the prison is Jack put in when he refuses to do what he is asked?
4. Where is the thermos of atropine found?
5. Who decided that Meg should not testify?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the woman who delivers a baby next to Annaliese?
2. What does Meg tell Gillian after Addie gives her testimony, and how does Gillian respond to this?
3. What does Gillian do to her hair and why?
4. What does Amos say to Gillian at the end of the book?
5. What does Gillian say Meg has to do after the thermos is discovered?
6. What does Jack refuse to do when he is in prison, and why?
7. What does Charlie say to Addie at the end of the book?
8. What does Charlie take Gillian to a store to do, and what does this cause him to do?
9. Why does Jay think Jack really had a relationship with Catherine?
10. What was Chelsea's version of what happened the night Gillian claimed to have been raped?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
Essay Topic 2
What did Jack learn from his time in prison, and how did this knowledge affect his life when he was finally released from prison?
Essay Topic 3
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme, and how did that pursuit affect the characters involved?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)