|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jack's father doing when he died?
2. What is Beltane supposed to celebrate?
3. Who finds the thermos with atropine in it?
4. What do Jack's friends say he should do to get his mind off of his father's death?
5. What does Matt say Gillian was doing when she was attacked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie take Gillian to a store to do, and what does this cause him to do?
2. How does Selena find out about Gillian's dealings in Wicca?
3. What do Jack and Addie choose to do at the end of the book?
4. What does Amos say to Gillian at the end of the book?
5. What does Gillian say Meg has to do after the thermos is discovered?
6. What does Addie realize about Jack after seeing a TV Ad?
7. Why does Jordan say it was unlikely the wound on Jack's face came from Gillian?
8. What did Jack's soccer friends used to do after games, and why did he not like this?
9. What does Jack say the girls were doing when he saw them in the woods?
10. What was Chelsea's version of what happened the night Gillian claimed to have been raped?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which of these characters are most motivated by jealousy, and how does change their actions and their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 3
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)