|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jack's father doing when he died?
2. Who decided that Meg should not testify?
3. Why is Jordan angry with Jack when he meets with him a second time?
4. How does Selena find out that Gillian was involved in Wicca?
5. Why does Charlie say he can't get Addie's statement for the case?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jack's father die?
2. What does Amos say to Gillian at the end of the book?
3. What does Jack refuse to do when he is in prison, and why?
4. Why did Annaliese name her son Jack?
5. What does Jack say the girls were doing when he saw them in the woods?
6. What does Charlie take Gillian to a store to do, and what does this cause him to do?
7. What does Chelsea tell Thomas in confidence, and what does Thomas do about this?
8. What kind of necklace did Chelsea wear during her testimony?
9. How does Selena find out about Gillian's dealings in Wicca?
10. How does Charlie react when he is asked to go and interview Addie about the night of the supposed rape?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jodi Picoult includes some ingenious forms of irony in this book. What are some of these examples, and how does their ironic nature affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What are some examples of Addie's quick and clever mind, and how did these examples affect the other people in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How does Addie's religious fervor affect Jack in his future life outside of prison?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)