|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of people did Jack's mother often help when he was growing up?
2. What does Matt say Gillian was doing when she was attacked?
3. What does Catherine say when Addie talks to her alone?
4. Who comes to see Addie after Charlie apologizes?
5. What does Jack refuse to do when he is taken to prison in Salem Falls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the woman who delivers a baby next to Annaliese?
2. What does Charlie say to Addie at the end of the book?
3. What does Chelsea tell Thomas in confidence, and what does Thomas do about this?
4. What did Jack's soccer friends used to do after games, and why did he not like this?
5. What does Addie realize about Jack after seeing a TV Ad?
6. How did Jack's father die?
7. What does Roy do on the day Addie took the stand?
8. What does Jack say the girls were doing when he saw them in the woods?
9. What does Meg tell Gillian after Addie gives her testimony, and how does Gillian respond to this?
10. How does Selena find out about Gillian's dealings in Wicca?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Jodi Picoult have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
Essay Topic 3
Jodi Picoult includes some ingenious forms of irony in this book. What are some of these examples, and how does their ironic nature affect the plot?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)