|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack talk to Addie while he is in prison?
2. What does Jack refuse to do when he is taken to prison in Salem Falls?
3. What kind of people did Jack's mother often help when he was growing up?
4. What does Addie say happened before her fight with Jack?
5. Why is Jordan angry with Jack when he meets with him a second time?
Essay Topic 1
Why was the game show of Jeopardy such an important symbol in this book, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Jodi Picoult includes some ingenious forms of irony in this book. What are some of these examples, and how does their ironic nature affect the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters were most affected by despair, and how did this change the course of the plot branches they were involved in?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)