|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beltane supposed to celebrate?
2. What does Jack say the girls in the woods were doing when he saw them?
3. What does Charlie apologize to Addie for?
4. Who is the last person to give testimony in the case?
5. What did Jack's father die of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of necklace did Chelsea wear during her testimony?
2. What does Charlie say to Addie at the end of the book?
3. How does Selena find out about Gillian's dealings in Wicca?
4. What kind of people did Jack's mother used to bring home to help?
5. Who was Emma, and how did she impact Jack's life?
6. What piece of evidence did Frankie find?
7. What does Jack refuse to do when he is in prison, and why?
8. How does Charlie react when he is asked to go and interview Addie about the night of the supposed rape?
9. Why does Jay think Jack really had a relationship with Catherine?
10. What does Jack say the girls were doing when he saw them in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Education and knowledge are two very important themes in this book. How does education affect Jack's life for both good and bad?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which of these characters are most motivated by jealousy, and how does change their actions and their lives?
Essay Topic 3
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)