|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jack's friends say he should do to get his mind off of his father's death?
2. Where is the thermos of atropine found?
3. What does Jack refuse to do when he is taken to prison in Salem Falls?
4. What does Charlie have Meg do after the trial is over?
5. Why does Charlie say he can't get Addie's statement for the case?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charlie react when he is asked to go and interview Addie about the night of the supposed rape?
2. What does Jack refuse to do when he is in prison, and why?
3. Why did Annaliese name her son Jack?
4. Why does Jordan say it was unlikely the wound on Jack's face came from Gillian?
5. What does Gillian say Meg has to do after the thermos is discovered?
6. How did Jack's father die?
7. How does Jordan cut his face, and what does he realize when it happens?
8. What do Jack and Addie choose to do at the end of the book?
9. What does Jack say the girls were doing when he saw them in the woods?
10. What does Roy do on the day Addie took the stand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was the game show of Jeopardy such an important symbol in this book, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Jack is an incredibly patient man. What are some examples of this trait, and how does this affect his life and his choices?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)