|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Althea's occupation?
2. What does Gillian do to make herself less attractive?
3. How does Gillian feel when Meg says that Jack touched her, too?
4. What is Frankie's occupation?
5. What kind of necklace is Chelsea wearing at the trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack refuse to do when he is in prison, and why?
2. How did Jack's father die?
3. What do Jack and Addie choose to do at the end of the book?
4. What does Chelsea tell Thomas in confidence, and what does Thomas do about this?
5. How does Charlie react when he is asked to go and interview Addie about the night of the supposed rape?
6. What does Charlie take Gillian to a store to do, and what does this cause him to do?
7. How does Selena find out about Gillian's dealings in Wicca?
8. What was Chelsea's version of what happened the night Gillian claimed to have been raped?
9. Why did Annaliese name her son Jack?
10. What kind of people did Jack's mother used to bring home to help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which of these characters are most motivated by jealousy, and how does change their actions and their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Why was the game show of Jeopardy such an important symbol in this book, and how did it change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What did Jack learn from his time in prison, and how did this knowledge affect his life when he was finally released from prison?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)