|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt say Gillian was doing when she was attacked?
2. What does Matt say Jack did when the girls told him to leave in the woods?
3. What does Addie tell Jack when she first sees him after her trip to Loyal?
4. What does Roy bring for the court?
5. What is the woman delivering a baby in the bed next to Annaliese?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of necklace did Chelsea wear during her testimony?
2. Why did Annaliese name her son Jack?
3. How does Selena find out about Gillian's dealings in Wicca?
4. What does Addie realize about Jack after seeing a TV Ad?
5. What piece of evidence did Frankie find?
6. Why does Jordan say it was unlikely the wound on Jack's face came from Gillian?
7. What does Charlie do with Meg after the trial is over?
8. How did Jack's father die?
9. What does Meg tell Gillian after Addie gives her testimony, and how does Gillian respond to this?
10. What happens to the woman who delivers a baby next to Annaliese?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Addie's religious fervor affect Jack in his future life outside of prison?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Jodi Picoult have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What were some of these instances, and how were those characters affected by the manipulation?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)