|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gillian feel when Meg says that Jack touched her, too?
2. Why does Jack's best frond from Loyal really think Jack had a relationship with Catherine?
3. How many friends was Gillian hanging out with on the night she says she was raped?
4. What is the name of the woman Jack's mother hires as a housekeeper?
5. Where did Jack grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Addie realize about Jack after seeing a TV Ad?
2. What does Gillian say Meg has to do after the thermos is discovered?
3. What does Charlie say to Addie at the end of the book?
4. What does Charlie take Gillian to a store to do, and what does this cause him to do?
5. What does Charlie do with Meg after the trial is over?
6. What do Jack and Addie choose to do at the end of the book?
7. Why does Jordan say it was unlikely the wound on Jack's face came from Gillian?
8. Why does Jay think Jack really had a relationship with Catherine?
9. What does Chelsea tell Thomas in confidence, and what does Thomas do about this?
10. What does Roy do on the day Addie took the stand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jack is able to forgive some of the people who did him wrong, but not all of them. Who was he not able to forgive, and how did this inability to forgive affect his life and theirs?
Essay Topic 2
What are some examples of Addie's quick and clever mind, and how did these examples affect the other people in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)