|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie have Meg do after the trial is over?
2. What is the name of the Wiccan Store?
3. What is Althea's occupation?
4. What do Jack's friends say he should do to get his mind off of his father's death?
5. What does Starshine do before her testimony is given?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Addie say when she visits Jack after her visit to Loyal?
2. What does Roy do on the day Addie took the stand?
3. What does Meg tell Gillian after Addie gives her testimony, and how does Gillian respond to this?
4. What did Jack's soccer friends used to do after games, and why did he not like this?
5. What does Charlie say to Addie at the end of the book?
6. What piece of evidence did Frankie find?
7. What does Gillian do to her hair and why?
8. What does Chelsea tell Thomas in confidence, and what does Thomas do about this?
9. Why does Jordan say it was unlikely the wound on Jack's face came from Gillian?
10. What does Addie realize about Jack after seeing a TV Ad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which of these characters are most motivated by jealousy, and how does change their actions and their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Jodi Picoult includes some ingenious forms of irony in this book. What are some of these examples, and how does their ironic nature affect the plot?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)