|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the girls hang from the trees during their Wiccan celebration?
2. What is Matt's last name?
3. What is Jack riding in when he comes through Salem Falls?
4. How did someone know to look for Stuart after his stroke?
5. How old was Addie when she was raped?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aldo keep Mountain from violating Jack?
2. How does Addie find out about Jack's conviction?
3. What does Starshine tell Gillian about when she comes to buy Belladonna from her?
4. Why does Jack decide to stop in Salem Falls?
5. What does Addie do for Jack when she hears he has nowhere to stay?
6. What does Charlie Saxton choose to do when he hears that Jack is a convicted sex offender?
7. What does Addie do when her fridge stops working?
8. What did Wallace and Stuart say about young girls in the diner, and how did Jack respond to this?
9. What does Gillian do when she visits her father's workplace?
10. How does Aldo learn that Jack is very smart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jodi Picoult includes some ingenious forms of irony in this book. What are some of these examples, and how does their ironic nature affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Jack is an incredibly patient man. What are some examples of this trait, and how does this affect his life and his choices?
Essay Topic 3
What is the major work of literature that is mirrored and alluded to in this book, and how does this affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)