|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Stuart after his stroke?
2. What is the name of Gillian's dad?
3. What game is Aldo fighting about when Jack returns from the infirmary?
4. Why did Jack take Catherine to get her some birth control?
5. What year of high school is Thomas in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jack sees a plate of uneaten food in the diner one night?
2. When does Gillian say she was raped, and what happens after she says this?
3. What does Gillian say happened the night in the woods?
4. How did Addie's mother die, and why does Roy feel so guilty about it?
5. What does Jack do at the police station when he first comes to town?
6. Why is Addie's father arrested at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Jack do when Wes tries to make Addie go on a date with her?
8. What does Addie not let Jack do at her house?
9. What does Addie do after making Jack leave her house?
10. How does Addie find out about Jack's conviction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Jack learn from his time in prison, and how did this knowledge affect his life when he was finally released from prison?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Jodi Picoult have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Jealousy is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which of these characters are most motivated by jealousy, and how does change their actions and their lives?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)