|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mountain leaves prison, who is given the nightly control?
2. What does Addie discover about Jack when she offers to drive him home?
3. Who hides the Book of Shadows after the accusation?
4. Where does Roy sleep after getting too drunk to go home?
5. Where in the prison is Jack assigned to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gillian get the Belladonna she wanted?
2. What is Jordan doing when he is assigned to Jack's case?
3. What does Gillian say happened the night in the woods?
4. What does Addie do for Jack when she hears he has nowhere to stay?
5. Why did Jack take Catherine to get some birth control pills?
6. When did Jack first take any notice of Catherine?
7. When does Gillian say she was raped, and what happens after she says this?
8. Why does Amos think Jack raped Gillian?
9. What happens when Addie finally tells Jack about how Chloe died?
10. What does Gillian do when she visits her father's workplace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jodi Picoult includes some ingenious forms of irony in this book. What are some of these examples, and how does their ironic nature affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which of these characters are most motivated by jealousy, and how does change their actions and their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What is Wicca, and how did it affect the course of the plot with its introduction and placement?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)