|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Addie say when Jack eats food from an uneaten plate?
2. What does Mountain get to control in the prison every night?
3. What is the name of the prison at which Jack stayed?
4. How did someone know to look for Stuart after his stroke?
5. What is the name of the woman Thomas takes to the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Addie not let Jack do at her house?
2. How does Addie thank Jack for his help when they first meet?
3. How did Addie's mother die, and why does Roy feel so guilty about it?
4. What does Addie do after making Jack leave her house?
5. How does Aldo keep Mountain from violating Jack?
6. What does Gillian say happened the night in the woods?
7. What does Starshine tell Gillian about when she comes to buy Belladonna from her?
8. Why is Jordan so surprised to see who Thomas is taking to the dance?
9. What does Addie do for Jack when she hears he has nowhere to stay?
10. Why did Jack take Catherine to get some birth control pills?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the major work of literature that is mirrored and alluded to in this book, and how does this affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 3
Jack is an incredibly patient man. What are some examples of this trait, and how does this affect his life and his choices?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)