|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year of high school is Thomas in?
2. What is the name of the school at which Jack used to teach?
3. How does Jack win money for his friends in jail?
4. What does the reverend do when Jack tries to defend himself against the accusations?
5. How old was Addie when she was raped?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Addie finally tells Jack about how Chloe died?
2. What does Gillian do when she visits her father's workplace?
3. How did Addie get pregnant with Chloe?
4. Why is Addie's father arrested at the beginning of the book?
5. When did Jack first take any notice of Catherine?
6. What do Gillian and her friends do when Stuart gets sick, and why is this so surprising?
7. How did Addie's mother die, and why does Roy feel so guilty about it?
8. What does Addie not let Jack do at her house?
9. What is Jordan doing when he is assigned to Jack's case?
10. What happens when Jack sees a plate of uneaten food in the diner one night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Jack learn from his time in prison, and how did this knowledge affect his life when he was finally released from prison?
Essay Topic 2
Jack is an incredibly patient man. What are some examples of this trait, and how does this affect his life and his choices?
Essay Topic 3
How does Addie's religious fervor affect Jack in his future life outside of prison?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)