|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Stuart after his stroke?
2. What is the name of the woman Thomas takes to the dance?
3. What did Jack go to jail for?
4. Where does Gillian tell her father she will be when she goes to celebrate a Wiccan festival?
5. Where did one of the boys who raped Addie move to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Addie do after making Jack leave her house?
2. How did Addie get pregnant with Chloe?
3. How does Aldo keep Mountain from violating Jack?
4. Why is Jordan so surprised to see who Thomas is taking to the dance?
5. What does Gillian say happened the night in the woods?
6. What does Meg do after she gets home from the Wiccan festival?
7. What do Gillian and her friends do when Stuart gets sick, and why is this so surprising?
8. What does Jack do when Wes tries to make Addie go on a date with her?
9. What did Wallace and Stuart say about young girls in the diner, and how did Jack respond to this?
10. What does Starshine tell Gillian about when she comes to buy Belladonna from her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Education and knowledge are two very important themes in this book. How does education affect Jack's life for both good and bad?
Essay Topic 2
Jack is able to forgive some of the people who did him wrong, but not all of them. Who was he not able to forgive, and how did this inability to forgive affect his life and theirs?
Essay Topic 3
Jodi Picoult includes some ingenious forms of irony in this book. What are some of these examples, and how does their ironic nature affect the plot?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)