|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aldo tell the other inmates that they should listen to Jack?
2. Who does Jack drink with after his first big fight with Addie?
3. How does Jack win money for his friends in jail?
4. What does Addie discover about Jack when she offers to drive him home?
5. What does Jack show Addie to do at Stuart's farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Addie do when her fridge stops working?
2. Why does Amos think Jack raped Gillian?
3. What does Jack do when Gillian tries to talk to him at the diner?
4. How does Aldo learn that Jack is very smart?
5. What does Addie not let Jack do at her house?
6. How does Gillian get the Belladonna she wanted?
7. What does Addie do for Jack when she hears he has nowhere to stay?
8. What does Meg do after she gets home from the Wiccan festival?
9. When did Jack first take any notice of Catherine?
10. What does Jack do when Wes tries to make Addie go on a date with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jack is an incredibly patient man. What are some examples of this trait, and how does this affect his life and his choices?
Essay Topic 2
Sexuality is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
Essay Topic 3
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What were some of these instances, and how were those characters affected by the manipulation?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)