|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the prison is Jack assigned to work?
2. How old was Addie when she was raped?
3. What is Matt's profession?
4. What does Addie drink while on her date with Wes?
5. What is the name of the prison at which Jack stayed?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Gillian say she was raped, and what happens after she says this?
2. What does Starshine tell Gillian about when she comes to buy Belladonna from her?
3. What did Wallace and Stuart say about young girls in the diner, and how did Jack respond to this?
4. What does Meg do after she gets home from the Wiccan festival?
5. What does Addie do for Jack when she hears he has nowhere to stay?
6. What is Jordan doing when he is assigned to Jack's case?
7. What does Jack do when Wes tries to make Addie go on a date with her?
8. What happens when Addie finally tells Jack about how Chloe died?
9. Why does Jack decide to stop in Salem Falls?
10. How did Addie get pregnant with Chloe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Education and knowledge are two very important themes in this book. How does education affect Jack's life for both good and bad?
Essay Topic 2
How does Addie's religious fervor affect Jack in his future life outside of prison?
Essay Topic 3
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Addie and Jack. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)