|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Roy sleep after getting too drunk to go home?
2. Why is Mountain given such control in prison?
3. What sport did Jack used to coach for a girls' school?
4. About what subject was Jack teaching when one of his students fell in love with him?
5. How old was Addie when she was raped?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gillian get the Belladonna she wanted?
2. What does Jack do when Wes tries to make Addie go on a date with her?
3. What does Charlie Saxton choose to do when he hears that Jack is a convicted sex offender?
4. When does Gillian say she was raped, and what happens after she says this?
5. What do Gillian and her friends do when Stuart gets sick, and why is this so surprising?
6. What does Jack do when Gillian tries to talk to him at the diner?
7. How did Addie get pregnant with Chloe?
8. What does Jack do at the police station when he first comes to town?
9. How does Addie find out about Jack's conviction?
10. How does Addie thank Jack for his help when they first meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What were some of these instances, and how were those characters affected by the manipulation?
Essay Topic 2
Jack is able to forgive some of the people who did him wrong, but not all of them. Who was he not able to forgive, and how did this inability to forgive affect his life and theirs?
Essay Topic 3
Jodi Picoult includes some ingenious forms of irony in this book. What are some of these examples, and how does their ironic nature affect the plot?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)