Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did Jack used to coach for a girls' school?
2. What kind of job does Addie give Jack the first time they meet?
3. What does Addie drink while on her date with Wes?
4. What do girls in Jack's class use table cloths for during a lesson?
5. What does Jack pretend to be to help Addie when he first meets her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amos say to Gillian at the end of the book?
2. What do Gillian and her friends do when Stuart gets sick, and why is this so surprising?
3. What piece of evidence did Frankie find?
4. What does Addie do for Jack when she hears he has nowhere to stay?
5. What does Gillian say happened the night in the woods?
6. How does Charlie react when he is asked to go and interview Addie about the night of the supposed rape?
7. What does Addie not let Jack do at her house?
8. What does Gillian say Meg has to do after the thermos is discovered?
9. What kind of people did Jack's mother used to bring home to help?
10. How does Aldo keep Mountain from violating Jack?
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What were some of these instances, and how were those characters affected by the manipulation?
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Why was the game show of Jeopardy such an important symbol in this book, and how did it change the course of the plot?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)