|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Catherine put into the soccer game near the end?
2. What kind of kick does Catherine perform to win the game?
3. What does Addie say when Jack eats food from an uneaten plate?
4. What does Addie fill her fridge with?
5. What did the girls hang from the trees during their Wiccan celebration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Addie finally tells Jack about how Chloe died?
2. When does Gillian say she was raped, and what happens after she says this?
3. How did Addie get pregnant with Chloe?
4. What does Addie do for Jack when she hears he has nowhere to stay?
5. Why does Jack decide to stop in Salem Falls?
6. How does Aldo learn that Jack is very smart?
7. What happens when Jack sees a plate of uneaten food in the diner one night?
8. How does Gillian get the Belladonna she wanted?
9. What does Charlie Saxton choose to do when he hears that Jack is a convicted sex offender?
10. Why is Jordan so surprised to see who Thomas is taking to the dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 2
Education and knowledge are two very important themes in this book. How does education affect Jack's life for both good and bad?
Essay Topic 3
What is Wicca, and how did it affect the course of the plot with its introduction and placement?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)