|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game is Aldo fighting about when Jack returns from the infirmary?
2. Who is Thomas in love with?
3. How does Gillian stay home from school at the beginning of the book?
4. While in prison, who warns Jack not to put his belongings in a certain tub?
5. Who does Jack drink with after his first big fight with Addie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack do when Gillian tries to talk to him at the diner?
2. What does Gillian do when she visits her father's workplace?
3. What does Meg do after she gets home from the Wiccan festival?
4. How does Aldo keep Mountain from violating Jack?
5. What happens when Jack sees a plate of uneaten food in the diner one night?
6. What does Addie do after making Jack leave her house?
7. What does Addie do when her fridge stops working?
8. How does Addie find out about Jack's conviction?
9. What does Jack do when Wes tries to make Addie go on a date with her?
10. Why does Jack decide to stop in Salem Falls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sexuality is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
Essay Topic 2
There were many characters in this book who were manipulated and persuaded to do things they did not want to do. What were some of these instances, and how were those characters affected by the manipulation?
Essay Topic 3
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Jodi Picoult have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)