|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Catherine's father's name?
2. About what subject was Jack teaching when one of his students fell in love with him?
3. What game is Aldo fighting about when Jack returns from the infirmary?
4. What is the name of Gillian's dad?
5. Why does Roy blame himself for his wife's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Addie's mother die, and why does Roy feel so guilty about it?
2. How does Addie thank Jack for his help when they first meet?
3. Why did Jack take Catherine to get some birth control pills?
4. How does Aldo keep Mountain from violating Jack?
5. Why does Amos think Jack raped Gillian?
6. What does Addie not let Jack do at her house?
7. What does Charlie Saxton choose to do when he hears that Jack is a convicted sex offender?
8. What does Addie do for Jack when she hears he has nowhere to stay?
9. When did Jack first take any notice of Catherine?
10. What is Jordan doing when he is assigned to Jack's case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Jodi Picoult have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Sexuality is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
Essay Topic 3
What are some examples of Addie's quick and clever mind, and how did these examples affect the other people in the plot?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)