|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did one of the boys who raped Addie move to?
2. What did Jack help the girl who accused him of rape buy?
3. What does Jack pretend to be to help Addie when he first meets her?
4. Who is Thomas trying to make jealous at the dance?
5. Why is Catherine put into the soccer game near the end?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie do with Meg after the trial is over?
2. What does Jack do to help Addie when he first meets her in her diner?
3. How did Addie get pregnant with Chloe?
4. What does Jack do when Wes tries to make Addie go on a date with her?
5. What does Meg tell Gillian after Addie gives her testimony, and how does Gillian respond to this?
6. When does Gillian say she was raped, and what happens after she says this?
7. What does Addie realize about Jack after seeing a TV Ad?
8. How does Selena find out about Gillian's dealings in Wicca?
9. Who was Emma, and how did she impact Jack's life?
10. Why does Jay think Jack really had a relationship with Catherine?
Essay Topic 1
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 2
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 3
What is the major work of literature that is mirrored and alluded to in this book, and how does this affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)