|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Jack sentenced to prison?
2. What impresses Addie about Jack while they watch TV together?
3. What does Gillian say she did while she was being raped?
4. What does Amos do when he can't sleep at night?
5. What does Addie discover about Jack when she offers to drive him home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gillian do when she visits her father's workplace?
2. How does Aldo learn that Jack is very smart?
3. What is Jordan doing when he is assigned to Jack's case?
4. How does Aldo keep Mountain from violating Jack?
5. How did Addie's mother die, and why does Roy feel so guilty about it?
6. What does Addie do for Jack when she hears he has nowhere to stay?
7. When does Gillian say she was raped, and what happens after she says this?
8. Why does Amos think Jack raped Gillian?
9. Why did Jack take Catherine to get some birth control pills?
10. What does Addie not let Jack do at her house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 2
Sexuality is a theme presented in a number of places in this plot, and is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
Essay Topic 3
What is Wicca, and how did it affect the course of the plot with its introduction and placement?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)