|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story is Gillian reading in school after she tries to cast a spell on Jack?
2. What is Meg's least favorite class in school?
3. Who sent Jack to the infirmary?
4. Where did one of the boys who raped Addie move to?
5. Who hides the Book of Shadows after the accusation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gillian get the Belladonna she wanted?
2. Why is Addie's father arrested at the beginning of the book?
3. How did Addie get pregnant with Chloe?
4. How does Aldo keep Mountain from violating Jack?
5. What do Gillian and her friends do when Stuart gets sick, and why is this so surprising?
6. What does Jack do when Wes tries to make Addie go on a date with her?
7. What is Jordan doing when he is assigned to Jack's case?
8. Why does Amos think Jack raped Gillian?
9. Why did Jack take Catherine to get some birth control pills?
10. When does Gillian say she was raped, and what happens after she says this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jealousy is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which of these characters are most motivated by jealousy, and how does change their actions and their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Education and knowledge are two very important themes in this book. How does education affect Jack's life for both good and bad?
Essay Topic 3
Jodi Picoult includes some ingenious forms of irony in this book. What are some of these examples, and how does their ironic nature affect the plot?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)