|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the four girls found by their fathers?
2. How does Jack win money for his friends in jail?
3. What year of high school is Thomas in?
4. What does Addie fill her fridge with?
5. What made Gillian so mad about her encounter with Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack do to help Addie when he first meets her in her diner?
2. What does Jack do when Wes tries to make Addie go on a date with her?
3. Why does Amos think Jack raped Gillian?
4. Why did Jack take Catherine to get some birth control pills?
5. What does Meg do after she gets home from the Wiccan festival?
6. How does Gillian get the Belladonna she wanted?
7. How does Aldo learn that Jack is very smart?
8. When does Gillian say she was raped, and what happens after she says this?
9. What does Jack do at the police station when he first comes to town?
10. How does Addie find out about Jack's conviction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Addie's religious fervor affect Jack in his future life outside of prison?
Essay Topic 2
Education and knowledge are two very important themes in this book. How does education affect Jack's life for both good and bad?
Essay Topic 3
The pursuit of happiness was a common theme found in this book. What parts of the plot embodied this theme, and how did that pursuit affect the characters involved?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)