Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did Jack used to coach for a girls' school?
2. What kind of job does Addie give Jack the first time they meet?
3. What does Addie drink while on her date with Wes?
4. What do girls in Jack's class use table cloths for during a lesson?
5. What does Jack pretend to be to help Addie when he first meets her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amos say to Gillian at the end of the book?
2. What do Gillian and her friends do when Stuart gets sick, and why is this so surprising?
3. What piece of evidence did Frankie find?
4. What does Addie do for Jack when she hears he has nowhere to stay?
5. What does Gillian say happened the night in the woods?
6. How does Charlie react when he is asked to go and interview Addie about the night of the supposed rape?
7. What does Addie not let Jack do at her house?
8. What does Gillian say Meg has to do after the thermos is discovered?
9. What kind of people did Jack's mother used to bring home to help?
10. How does Aldo keep Mountain from violating Jack?
Education and knowledge are two very important themes in this book. How does education affect Jack's life for both good and bad?
Jack is an incredibly patient man. What are some examples of this trait, and how does this affect his life and his choices?
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)