|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Addie's father arrested for?
2. What is Matt's profession?
3. About what subject was Jack teaching when one of his students fell in love with him?
4. Who finds Stuart after his stroke?
5. What does the reverend do when Jack tries to defend himself against the accusations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Addie finally tells Jack about how Chloe died?
2. How does Aldo keep Mountain from violating Jack?
3. What does Addie do when her fridge stops working?
4. What does Jack say the girls were doing when he saw them in the woods?
5. What does Jack do at the police station when he first comes to town?
6. What does Addie not let Jack do at her house?
7. Why is Addie's father arrested at the beginning of the book?
8. What happens to the woman who delivers a baby next to Annaliese?
9. What does Chelsea tell Thomas in confidence, and what does Thomas do about this?
10. How did Addie's mother die, and why does Roy feel so guilty about it?
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Jodi Picoult have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 3
Jack is able to forgive some of the people who did him wrong, but not all of them. Who was he not able to forgive, and how did this inability to forgive affect his life and theirs?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)