|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack riding in when he comes through Salem Falls?
2. What is Catherine's father's profession?
3. Who hides the Book of Shadows after the accusation?
4. Who tells Addie about Jack's conviction?
5. Who is Thomas trying to make jealous at the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amos think Jack raped Gillian?
2. What does Addie do after making Jack leave her house?
3. What does Addie not let Jack do at her house?
4. What does Addie do when her fridge stops working?
5. What do Gillian and her friends do when Stuart gets sick, and why is this so surprising?
6. What happens when Addie finally tells Jack about how Chloe died?
7. What did Wallace and Stuart say about young girls in the diner, and how did Jack respond to this?
8. How does Addie find out about Jack's conviction?
9. What is Jordan doing when he is assigned to Jack's case?
10. What does Addie do for Jack when she hears he has nowhere to stay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jodi Picoult includes some ingenious forms of irony in this book. What are some of these examples, and how does their ironic nature affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What is Wicca, and how did it affect the course of the plot with its introduction and placement?
Essay Topic 3
Jealousy is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which of these characters are most motivated by jealousy, and how does change their actions and their lives?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)