|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mountain leaves prison, who is given the nightly control?
2. Who first tries to interview Jack after Gillian's accusation?
3. What does Addie drink while on her date with Wes?
(d) Hot chocolate.
4. How does Jack win money for his friends in jail?
(a) He beats Mountain in an arm wrestle.
(b) He answers all the Jeopardy questions correctly.
(c) He wins a scrabble tournament.
(d) He gets the guard to get cable for the rec-room.
5. How long was Jack sentenced to prison?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 12 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do while Addie is sleeping after he investigated the strange noise at her house?
2. Who does Jack drink with after his first big fight with Addie?
3. Where in the prison is Jack assigned to work?
4. How does Gillian stay home from school at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Mountain get to control in the prison every night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack do when Wes tries to make Addie go on a date with her?
2. How does Addie thank Jack for his help when they first meet?
3. When did Jack first take any notice of Catherine?
4. Why is Addie's father arrested at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Addie find out about Jack's conviction?
6. What does Jack do at the police station when he first comes to town?
7. How does Aldo learn that Jack is very smart?
8. What does Jack do to help Addie when he first meets her in her diner?
9. Why does Amos think Jack raped Gillian?
10. How did Addie get pregnant with Chloe?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)