|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Thomas takes to the dance?
2. What is Jack's last name?
(a) St. Thomas.
(b) St. Frances.
(c) St. Luke.
(d) St. Bride.
3. Where did one of the boys who raped Addie move to?
4. Where does Jack go after his first big fight with Addie?
(a) The park.
(b) The police station.
(c) A bar.
(d) A hotel.
5. What does Mountain get to control in the prison every night?
(a) The toilet.
(b) The remote.
(c) The water rations.
(d) The bedding rotation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Meg's least favorite class in school?
2. What is Harlan's profession?
3. How many friends come to visit Gillian after she stays home from school at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Roy blame himself for his wife's death?
5. What impresses Addie about Jack while they watch TV together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jack take Catherine to get some birth control pills?
2. What does Gillian say happened the night in the woods?
3. How does Aldo learn that Jack is very smart?
4. Why is Jordan so surprised to see who Thomas is taking to the dance?
5. What did Wallace and Stuart say about young girls in the diner, and how did Jack respond to this?
6. How does Addie find out about Jack's conviction?
7. Why is Addie's father arrested at the beginning of the book?
8. How did Addie get pregnant with Chloe?
9. What does Addie do for Jack when she hears he has nowhere to stay?
10. What does Starshine tell Gillian about when she comes to buy Belladonna from her?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)