|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Addie's father driving when he was arrested?
(a) A lawnmower.
(b) A scooter.
(c) A golf cart.
(d) A bicycle.
2. What does the reverend do when Jack tries to defend himself against the accusations?
(a) Closes the door on his face.
(b) Lets him have a confessional.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Punches him.
3. What kind of job does Addie give Jack the first time they meet?
(a) Shelf stocker.
(b) Register worker.
(d) Maintenance man.
4. What is Catherine's father's profession?
(c) Stock Market Trader.
5. Why did Jack take Catherine to get her some birth control?
(a) She agreed to start a relationship with him.
(b) She wouldn't ask her father.
(c) She had a condition that needed the medication.
(d) She wanted to be sexually active.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Gillian's dad?
2. What does Meg want to buy from Starshine's business to help after Stuart's stroke?
3. How old was Addie when she was raped?
4. Who sent Jack to the infirmary?
5. What does Roy do to break the tension when he is caught drinking in the diner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gillian do when she visits her father's workplace?
2. What happens when Jack sees a plate of uneaten food in the diner one night?
3. What does Jack do at the police station when he first comes to town?
4. How does Gillian get the Belladonna she wanted?
5. When did Jack first take any notice of Catherine?
6. How does Addie find out about Jack's conviction?
7. How does Aldo keep Mountain from violating Jack?
8. What happens when Addie finally tells Jack about how Chloe died?
9. Why does Amos think Jack raped Gillian?
10. Why is Addie's father arrested at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)