|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harlan's profession?
(a) A repairman.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A waiter.
(d) A health inspector.
2. What does Jack pretend to be to help Addie when he first meets her?
(a) A janitor.
(b) An inspector.
(c) A repairman.
(d) A regular customer.
3. About what subject was Jack teaching when one of his students fell in love with him?
4. What happens when Jack goes to investigate a strange noise at Addie's house?
(a) He finds Gillian hiding in the bushes.
(b) He finds a threatening note.
(c) He sees a car driving off.
(d) He gets beat up.
5. What is Jack riding in when he comes through Salem Falls?
(a) A subway.
(b) A train.
(c) A bus.
(d) A taxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aldo tell the other inmates that they should listen to Jack?
2. How many friends come to visit Gillian after she stays home from school at the beginning of the book?
3. What kind of company does Gillian's dad own?
4. Why is Catherine put into the soccer game near the end?
5. Why does Roy blame himself for his wife's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Addie not let Jack do at her house?
2. What happens when Jack sees a plate of uneaten food in the diner one night?
3. What does Jack do when Gillian tries to talk to him at the diner?
4. When does Gillian say she was raped, and what happens after she says this?
5. What does Addie do for Jack when she hears he has nowhere to stay?
6. What does Gillian do when she visits her father's workplace?
7. What is Jordan doing when he is assigned to Jack's case?
8. How does Aldo keep Mountain from violating Jack?
9. Why does Amos think Jack raped Gillian?
10. What does Starshine tell Gillian about when she comes to buy Belladonna from her?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)