|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack take the plea deal even though he was innocent of the crime?
(a) He was protecting the girl.
(b) He was told it would stay off his record.
(c) There was a great deal of evidence against him.
(d) The policemen said they would find something to arrest him for.
2. While in prison, who warns Jack not to put his belongings in a certain tub?
3. What does Addie drink while on her date with Wes?
(b) Hot chocolate.
4. What celebration does Gillian plan to honor with her friends?
5. How many friends come to visit Gillian after she stays home from school at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do girls in Jack's class use table cloths for during a lesson?
2. Where does Jack go after his first big fight with Addie?
3. What is the name of Jack's lawyer when he is accused of having an affair with a student?
4. When Mountain leaves prison, who is given the nightly control?
5. Where in the prison is Jack assigned to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack decide to stop in Salem Falls?
2. How does Addie thank Jack for his help when they first meet?
3. What happens when Addie finally tells Jack about how Chloe died?
4. What does Chelsea tell Thomas in confidence, and what does Thomas do about this?
5. Why is Addie's father arrested at the beginning of the book?
6. Why is Jordan so surprised to see who Thomas is taking to the dance?
7. Why did Annaliese name her son Jack?
8. How does Jordan cut his face, and what does he realize when it happens?
9. What does Charlie say to Addie at the end of the book?
10. How does Gillian get the Belladonna she wanted?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)