|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Addie's father?
2. What does Jack do while Addie is sleeping after he investigated the strange noise at her house?
(a) Looks at pictures of Chloe.
(b) Puts Chloe's things away.
(c) Calls for police protection.
(d) Looks at some information about self-defense.
3. Who does Thomas tell about his crush?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His teacher.
4. What kind of job does Addie give Jack the first time they meet?
(b) Register worker.
(c) Shelf stocker.
(d) Maintenance man.
5. What was painted on the door of Jack's apartment after he made love to Addie?
(a) "Go Home".
(b) "Protect Yourself".
(c) "We Know".
(d) "Pervert Here".
6. What happens when Jack goes to investigate a strange noise at Addie's house?
(a) He sees a car driving off.
(b) He gets beat up.
(c) He finds a threatening note.
(d) He finds Gillian hiding in the bushes.
7. How does Gillian stay home from school at the beginning of the book?
(a) She fails out of her last class.
(b) She comes home when her father is at work.
(c) She forges a note from her mother.
(d) She pretends to be sick.
8. What is Jay's occupation?
(b) Police officer.
9. What does Addie discover about Jack when she offers to drive him home?
(a) He doesn't have a place to live.
(b) He lives in the next town.
(c) He is living in a motel.
(d) He lives in a dirty, cramped apartment.
10. About what subject was Jack teaching when one of his students fell in love with him?
11. What is Jack's last name?
(a) St. Thomas.
(b) St. Frances.
(c) St. Luke.
(d) St. Bride.
12. Why is Catherine put into the soccer game near the end?
(a) It is her turn to play.
(b) She is the best player.
(c) She was too tired to play earlier.
(d) A girl gets injured.
13. Who tells Addie about Jack's conviction?
14. Who does Jack drink with after his first big fight with Addie?
15. What does Jack pretend to be to help Addie when he first meets her?
(a) A regular customer.
(b) A repairman.
(c) An inspector.
(d) A janitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aldo tell the other inmates that they should listen to Jack?
2. Why does Roy blame himself for his wife's death?
3. What celebration does Gillian plan to honor with her friends?
4. What does the reverend do when Jack tries to defend himself against the accusations?
5. Where did one of the boys who raped Addie move to?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)