|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack riding in when he comes through Salem Falls?
(a) A bus.
(b) A subway.
(c) A train.
(d) A taxi.
2. What is Meg's least favorite class in school?
3. Who is Thomas trying to make jealous at the dance?
4. How does Jack win money for his friends in jail?
(a) He beats Mountain in an arm wrestle.
(b) He wins a scrabble tournament.
(c) He answers all the Jeopardy questions correctly.
(d) He gets the guard to get cable for the rec-room.
5. How many friends come to visit Gillian after she stays home from school at the beginning of the book?
6. Why does Jack take the plea deal even though he was innocent of the crime?
(a) He was told it would stay off his record.
(b) There was a great deal of evidence against him.
(c) The policemen said they would find something to arrest him for.
(d) He was protecting the girl.
7. What does Gillian say she was doing in the woods when Jack supposedly attacked her?
(a) Building a campfire.
(b) Talking with friends.
(d) Performing a Wiccan ceremony.
8. What was Addie's father arrested for?
(a) Driving drunk.
(b) Statutory rape.
(c) Public lewdness.
(d) Obstructing justice.
9. How did someone know to look for Stuart after his stroke?
(a) All of these.
(b) He didn't come to the diner.
(c) He didn't walk his dog.
(d) He didn't answer his phone.
10. What is Orren's occupation?
(a) Parole officer.
11. While in prison, who warns Jack not to put his belongings in a certain tub?
12. What is the name of the prison at which Jack stayed?
13. Where in the prison is Jack assigned to work?
(a) The farm.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The factory.
(d) The infirmary.
14. What made Gillian so mad about her encounter with Jack?
(a) He said "no" to her.
(b) He was not happy to see her.
(c) He was rude to her father.
(d) He treated her like a child.
15. What kind of job does Addie give Jack the first time they meet?
(a) Register worker.
(b) Maintenance man.
(c) Shelf stocker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reverend do when Jack tries to defend himself against the accusations?
2. What happens when Jack goes to investigate a strange noise at Addie's house?
3. What does Gillian use to cast a spell on Jack?
4. Why does Roy blame himself for his wife's death?
5. What is Jack's last name?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)