|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the king turn down Joan's request to go to Paris in Scene 5?
(a) He is tired of war.
(b) The state coffers are empty.
(c) He wants her to go home to her family.
(d) He wants to make her queen.
2. What do the Englishmen intend to do to Joan once she is captured?
(a) Hang her.
(b) Make her Queen of France.
(c) Canonize her.
(d) Burn her.
3. In Scene 4, the bishop is concerned about Joan's ___________.
(a) Supernatural powers.
(b) Influence on the French citizens.
(c) Individualistic views.
(d) Amazing fighting abilities.
4. What is Joan fixed on after the Battle of Orleans?
(a) Her plan to build her own church.
(b) Her plan to return home to her family.
(c) Her plan to liberate Paris.
(d) Her plan to confront the King of England.
5. Where is Joan imprisoned?
(a) In an oubliette.
(b) The Rouen castle.
(c) Buckingham palace.
(d) In a crude jail outside of Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins the discussion the two men in the English camp are having about Joan in Scene 4?
2. What do the new king and his advisers think of Joan's advice in Scene 5?
3. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
4. Who warns Joan that she is perilously close to a sin in her eagerness to continue battling?
5. What is the name of the new King of France in Scene 5?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)