|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) The way she dresses.
(b) Her power over animals.
(c) Her religious fervor.
(d) Her power over nature.
2. What do the officials in Scene 6 discuss before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
(a) How to effectively try the girl without prejudice.
(b) Joan's crimes and what the consequences should be.
(c) What Joan's punishment should be since they already know she will confess.
(d) The severity of Joan's crimes.
3. In Scene 6, what does Joan risk by not submitting to the church officials' demands?
(a) Being tortured.
(b) Lifelong imprisonment.
4. Who are the Englishmen who are discussing Joan in Scene 4?
(a) Two calvary officers.
(b) The King of England and the English commander.
(c) A nobleman and a chaplain.
(d) The English commander and his second-in-command.
5. Why is Joan warned about sinning in Scene 5?
(a) She continuously follows one of the French commanders.
(b) She refuses to get out of bed.
(c) She delineates her military successes for her audience.
(d) She overeats at the banquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joan react to her colleagues' lack of enthusiasm for her plan to go to Paris in Scene 5?
2. In Scene 4, the bishop is concerned about Joan's ___________.
3. In Scene 4, Joan's individualism threatens what?
4. In Scene 4, Joan's charisma and legendary exploits are perceived as a threat to ____________.
5. The Dauphin goes through a ceremony in Scene 5. What is that ceremony?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)