|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Englishmen intend to do to Joan once she is captured?
(a) Burn her.
(b) Make her Queen of France.
(c) Canonize her.
(d) Hang her.
2. Who joins the discussion the two men in the English camp are having about Joan in Scene 4?
(a) A soldier.
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) A French spy.
(d) A bishop.
3. Joan discusses ___________ with a military officer while in the cathedral.
(a) Their success in battle.
(b) The future.
(c) Their upcoming nuptials.
(d) The Dauphin's ceremony.
4. Who are the Englishmen who are discussing Joan in Scene 4?
(a) The King of England and the English commander.
(b) Two calvary officers.
(c) The English commander and his second-in-command.
(d) A nobleman and a chaplain.
5. The Dauphin goes through a ceremony in Scene 5. What is that ceremony?
(a) He is crowned King of France.
(b) The baptism of his first born son.
(c) His baptism into Christianity.
(d) His wedding to a Spanish princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. The third man to join the discussion about Joan in Scene 4 disagrees with the first two men and their assessment of Joan. What does he believe about Joan instead?
2. In Scene 5, the French advisers give Joan an example of what happened to one young girl who stood up for her cause. Where was this woman?
3. In Scene 6, what occurs before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
4. In Scene 4, Joan's charisma and legendary exploits are perceived as a threat to ____________.
5. In Scene 5, Joan desires to take a certain path now that she has been successful in battle. Why does she want to take that path?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)