|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
(a) Torture her until she begs forgiveness.
(b) Hand her over to secular authorities.
(c) Continue the trial until she does submit.
(d) Damn her soul to hell.
2. In Scene 5, the French advisers give Joan an example of what happened to one young girl who stood up for her cause. Where was this woman?
(a) University of Athens.
(b) University of London.
(c) University of Paris.
3. In Scene 5, why does Joan want to go to Paris?
(a) To visit La Follies Berger.
(b) To release it from the English hold.
(c) To continue to spread her visionary message.
(d) To find one of her close friends.
4. Joan is single-minded about ____________ once she has been successful at the Battle of Orleans.
(a) Her eagerness to get home.
(b) Her relationship with God.
(c) Her purpose in life.
(d) Her pursuit of war.
5. Where does the ceremony take place in Scene 5?
(a) The cathedral at Alsace.
(b) The cathedral at Champagne.
(c) The cathedral at Rheims.
(d) In the royal palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 6, what does Joan risk by not submitting to the church officials' demands?
2. Where does Joan want to go next in Scene 5?
3. In Scene 4, the bishop holds out hope for ____________.
4. Where is Joan imprisoned?
5. What happens to one young woman who stands up for Joan's cause?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)