|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 4, it is believed that __________ about Joan may cause the common individuals to defect.
(a) Her beatific visions.
(b) Her charismatic traits.
(c) The way she gets along with the common people.
(d) Her miraculous raising of the dead.
2. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
(a) Damn her soul to hell.
(b) Torture her until she begs forgiveness.
(c) Hand her over to secular authorities.
(d) Continue the trial until she does submit.
3. In Scene 4, the men discussing Joan fear she is a threat to what system?
(a) The military system.
(b) The feudal system.
(c) The church system.
(d) The caste system.
4. In what year does Scene 6 open?
5. In Scene 4, the bishop is concerned about Joan's ___________.
(a) Supernatural powers.
(b) Individualistic views.
(c) Amazing fighting abilities.
(d) Influence on the French citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the cathedral do Joan and the officer have their conversation?
2. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
3. Why is Joan warned about sinning in Scene 5?
4. The church officials believe that Joan has committed violations against __________________.
5. The third man to join the discussion about Joan in Scene 4 disagrees with the first two men and their assessment of Joan. What does he believe about Joan instead?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)