|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joan discusses ___________ with a military officer while in the cathedral.
(a) The Dauphin's ceremony.
(b) Their success in battle.
(c) The future.
(d) Their upcoming nuptials.
2. In Scene 4, it is believed that __________ about Joan may cause the common individuals to defect.
(a) Her beatific visions.
(b) Her miraculous raising of the dead.
(c) The way she gets along with the common people.
(d) Her charismatic traits.
3. Who is responsible for Joan's situation in the beginning of Scene 6?
(a) The Parisians.
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The Burgundians.
(d) The Alsacians.
4. In Scene 5, what is one of the emotions felt by Joan's colleagues when she makes her final decision about the battle in Paris?
(a) Afraid of her power.
(b) Bored with her lectures.
(c) Awe for her convictions.
(d) Happy for common sense.
5. The Dauphin goes through a ceremony in Scene 5. What is that ceremony?
(a) The baptism of his first born son.
(b) His wedding to a Spanish princess.
(c) His baptism into Christianity.
(d) He is crowned King of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Joan in the beginning of Scene 6?
2. In Scene 5, the French advisers give Joan an example of what happened to one young girl who stood up for her cause. Where was this woman?
3. Who are the Englishmen who are discussing Joan in Scene 4?
4. In Scene 6, what does Joan risk by not submitting to the church officials' demands?
5. Who joins the discussion the two men in the English camp are having about Joan in Scene 4?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)