|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Joan in the beginning of Scene 6?
(a) She has been bought.
(b) She has been wounded.
(c) She has been taken to jail.
(d) She has gone home.
2. Why do the nobleman and the chaplain believe that Joan should be burned?
(a) For what they consider her supernatural powers.
(b) For no reason at all.
(c) For her outright displays of disrespect to the English.
(d) For what they consider treason.
3. In the beginning of Scene 6, how long has Joan's trial lasted?
(a) Eleven weeks.
(b) Eleven days.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Two days.
4. In Scene 4, Joan's individualism threatens what?
(a) The church and state infrastructure.
(b) The English army's hold over the French people.
(c) The male domination of the military.
(d) The weak bonds between the Dauphin and his advisers.
5. What do the new king and his advisers think of Joan's advice in Scene 5?
(a) They think it is an excellent idea.
(b) They think it is dangerous.
(c) They think she should pray about it and come back.
(d) They think she should stay out of matters of state.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 4, where are the two men who are discussing Joan?
2. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
3. Who warns Joan that she is perilously close to a sin in her eagerness to continue battling?
4. What is the name of the new King of France in Scene 5?
5. To whom is Joan sold in Scene 6?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)