|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 6, what is one of the crimes Joan is to be tried for?
(b) Public drunkenness.
2. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her supernatural powers.
(b) Her unprecedented military prowess.
(c) Her ability to see the future.
(d) Her visions.
3. Why do the nobleman and the chaplain believe that Joan should be burned?
(a) For what they consider treason.
(b) For what they consider her supernatural powers.
(c) For no reason at all.
(d) For her outright displays of disrespect to the English.
4. Who joins the discussion the two men in the English camp are having about Joan in Scene 4?
(a) A bishop.
(b) A French spy.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) A soldier.
5. What sin is Joan warned about giving in to in Scene 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan plan to do in Scene 5 now that she has returned victorious from the Siege at Orleans?
2. In Scene 6, what do the church officials threaten Joan with when she refuses to recant?
3. In what month does Scene 6 open?
4. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
5. Where is Joan imprisoned?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)