|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The church officials believe that Joan has committed violations against __________________.
(a) The Catholic religion.
(b) The English monarchy.
(c) God and country.
(d) The French monarchy.
2. In Scene 4, the bishop holds out hope for ____________.
(a) The chance to burn Joan as a witch.
(b) A decent meal and a glass of fine wine.
(c) An English victory.
(d) The salvation of Joan's soul.
3. Why is Joan warned about sinning in Scene 5?
(a) She delineates her military successes for her audience.
(b) She continuously follows one of the French commanders.
(c) She overeats at the banquet.
(d) She refuses to get out of bed.
4. What does Joan plan to do in Scene 5 now that she has returned victorious from the Siege at Orleans?
(a) To convince the palace to make her queen.
(b) To continue with the war.
(c) To return to the pastoral life she knew before going into battle.
(d) To quietly fade into the background.
5. What is Joan's suggestion to the king and his advisers in Scene 5?
(a) That they trust her in all matters of state.
(b) That they make her queen.
(c) That they ally with Italy in a war against England.
(d) That they continue in war.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 5, what is one of the emotions felt by Joan's colleagues when she makes her final decision about the battle in Paris?
2. How does Joan react to her colleagues' lack of enthusiasm for her plan to go to Paris in Scene 5?
3. Who joins the discussion the two men in the English camp are having about Joan in Scene 4?
4. How do the new king and his advisers feel about Joan in Scene 5?
5. What happens to one young woman who stands up for Joan's cause?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)