|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to one young woman who stands up for Joan's cause?
(a) She was beheaded.
(b) She was burned at the stake.
(c) She was excommunicated from the Catholic Church.
(d) She was thrown in jail.
2. In Scene 4, where are the two men who are discussing Joan?
(a) In an English army camp.
(b) In a French army camp.
(c) In the midst of a battlefield.
(d) In a castle in the Loire valley.
3. In Scene 5, the French advisers give Joan an example of what happened to one young girl who stood up for her cause. Where was this woman?
(b) University of Paris.
(c) University of London.
(d) University of Athens.
4. What do the officials in Scene 6 discuss before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
(a) Joan's crimes and what the consequences should be.
(b) What Joan's punishment should be since they already know she will confess.
(c) The severity of Joan's crimes.
(d) How to effectively try the girl without prejudice.
5. Where is Joan imprisoned?
(a) Buckingham palace.
(b) In an oubliette.
(c) In a crude jail outside of Paris.
(d) The Rouen castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Joan in the beginning of Scene 6?
2. Joan discusses ___________ with a military officer while in the cathedral.
3. The third man to join the discussion about Joan in Scene 4 disagrees with the first two men and their assessment of Joan. What does he believe about Joan instead?
4. In Scene 6, what do the church officials threaten Joan with when she refuses to recant?
5. What sin is Joan warned about giving in to in Scene 5?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)