|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Englishmen intend to do to Joan once she is captured?
(a) Canonize her.
(b) Make her Queen of France.
(c) Hang her.
(d) Burn her.
2. Where in the cathedral do Joan and the officer have their conversation?
(a) In the vestibule.
(b) In the gardens.
(c) At the altar.
(d) In the reliquary.
3. Who joins the discussion the two men in the English camp are having about Joan in Scene 4?
(a) A bishop.
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) A French spy.
(d) A soldier.
4. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
(a) Continue the trial until she does submit.
(b) Damn her soul to hell.
(c) Hand her over to secular authorities.
(d) Torture her until she begs forgiveness.
5. What has led to the ceremony at the cathedral in Scene 5?
(a) Joan's intervention and military success.
(b) The Dauphin's arranged engagement to a Spanish princess.
(c) Joan's visions and success convinced the Dauphin to become a Christian.
(d) The miraculous birth of the Dauphin's first born son.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 6, an additional charge is brought against Joan for what?
2. What do the church officials in Scene 6 want Joan to do to acknowledge her guilt?
3. In Scene 4, where are the two men who are discussing Joan?
4. How does Joan react to her colleagues' lack of enthusiasm for her plan to go to Paris in Scene 5?
5. In Scene 5, why is the king concerned about the lack of state funds?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)