|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joan's suggestion to the king and his advisers in Scene 5?
(a) That they continue in war.
(b) That they make her queen.
(c) That they ally with Italy in a war against England.
(d) That they trust her in all matters of state.
2. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her supernatural powers.
(b) Her ability to see the future.
(c) Her unprecedented military prowess.
(d) Her visions.
3. In Scene 5, why is the king concerned about the lack of state funds?
(a) They would be unable to afford a wedding feast.
(b) He cannot give Joan the military support she needs when she travels to Paris.
(c) He cannot afford to pay the troops.
(d) If Joan goes to battle in Paris and gets captured, he would be unable to pay her ransom.
4. Who are the Englishmen who are discussing Joan in Scene 4?
(a) The English commander and his second-in-command.
(b) Two calvary officers.
(c) A nobleman and a chaplain.
(d) The King of England and the English commander.
5. What is Joan fixed on after the Battle of Orleans?
(a) Her plan to return home to her family.
(b) Her plan to confront the King of England.
(c) Her plan to liberate Paris.
(d) Her plan to build her own church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Scene 6 open?
2. In Scene 6, what does Joan risk by not submitting to the church officials' demands?
3. What do the officials in Scene 6 discuss before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
4. In Scene 4, the bishop is concerned about Joan's ___________.
5. Who joins the discussion the two men in the English camp are having about Joan in Scene 4?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)