|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her power over nature.
(b) Her power over animals.
(c) Her religious fervor.
(d) The way she dresses.
2. Why does the king turn down Joan's request to go to Paris in Scene 5?
(a) He wants to make her queen.
(b) The state coffers are empty.
(c) He is tired of war.
(d) He wants her to go home to her family.
3. In Scene 5, why is the king concerned about the lack of state funds?
(a) If Joan goes to battle in Paris and gets captured, he would be unable to pay her ransom.
(b) He cannot afford to pay the troops.
(c) They would be unable to afford a wedding feast.
(d) He cannot give Joan the military support she needs when she travels to Paris.
4. In Scene 6, an additional charge is brought against Joan for what?
(a) Treason against England.
(b) Disrespect to royalty.
(c) Imitating a church official.
(d) Dressing in men's clothing.
5. What do the church officials want Joan to admit to in Scene 6?
(b) Sins against the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two members of the English army camp are discussing Joan. What do they think she is?
2. In Scene 4, it is believed that __________ about Joan may cause the common individuals to defect.
3. In Scene 6, Joan gives two reasons for dressing in men's clothing. Which of these is one of those reasons?
4. What happens to one young woman who stands up for Joan's cause?
5. In what month does Scene 6 open?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)