|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has led to the ceremony at the cathedral in Scene 5?
(a) The Dauphin's arranged engagement to a Spanish princess.
(b) Joan's intervention and military success.
(c) The miraculous birth of the Dauphin's first born son.
(d) Joan's visions and success convinced the Dauphin to become a Christian.
2. In Scene 6, what does Joan risk by not submitting to the church officials' demands?
(b) Being tortured.
(c) Lifelong imprisonment.
3. In Scene 4, the bishop holds out hope for ____________.
(a) The chance to burn Joan as a witch.
(b) An English victory.
(c) A decent meal and a glass of fine wine.
(d) The salvation of Joan's soul.
4. The Dauphin goes through a ceremony in Scene 5. What is that ceremony?
(a) His wedding to a Spanish princess.
(b) His baptism into Christianity.
(c) He is crowned King of France.
(d) The baptism of his first born son.
5. Where in the cathedral do Joan and the officer have their conversation?
(a) At the altar.
(b) In the reliquary.
(c) In the gardens.
(d) In the vestibule.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the ceremony take place in Scene 5?
2. Joan's demeanor during the trial is what?
3. In Scene 6, what does Joan have to do for the church officials to fulfill their commitment to Joan's soul?
4. What happens to Joan when she refuses to admit guilt in Scene 6?
5. What kind of actions does Dunois say the attempts for Paris are?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)