|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Joan that she is perilously close to a sin in her eagerness to continue battling?
(a) The Dauphin.
(b) The Archbishop.
(c) The priest at Rheims.
(d) The Pope.
2. In Scene 6, what do the church officials threaten Joan with when she refuses to recant?
(a) Throw her into a pit of snakes.
(b) Turn her over to the prisoners for whatever purpose those men see fit.
(c) Put her in front of a firing squad.
(d) Torture her.
3. What has led to the ceremony at the cathedral in Scene 5?
(a) Joan's intervention and military success.
(b) The Dauphin's arranged engagement to a Spanish princess.
(c) The miraculous birth of the Dauphin's first born son.
(d) Joan's visions and success convinced the Dauphin to become a Christian.
4. In Scene 5, Joan desires to take a certain path now that she has been successful in battle. Why does she want to take that path?
(a) She has tasted success and is now driven to become an important person in the castle.
(b) She has always wanted to be royalty.
(c) She is tired of war and wants to return home to her family.
(d) Her passion for war outweighs her desire to return to a life of boredom.
5. In Scene 4, Joan's charisma and legendary exploits are perceived as a threat to ____________.
(a) The English king.
(b) The very structure of the Catholic Church.
(c) The Dauphin's chances to become king.
(d) The feudal system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
2. Where does the ceremony take place in Scene 5?
3. In Scene 6, what is one of the crimes Joan is to be tried for?
4. The Dauphin goes through a ceremony in Scene 5. What is that ceremony?
5. Joan's demeanor during the trial is what?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)