|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joan discusses ___________ with a military officer while in the cathedral.
(a) The Dauphin's ceremony.
(b) The future.
(c) Their success in battle.
(d) Their upcoming nuptials.
2. Who is responsible for Joan's situation in the beginning of Scene 6?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Parisians.
(c) The Alsacians.
(d) The Burgundians.
3. Where is Joan imprisoned?
(a) In a crude jail outside of Paris.
(b) Buckingham palace.
(c) The Rouen castle.
(d) In an oubliette.
4. What do the officials in Scene 6 discuss before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
(a) Joan's crimes and what the consequences should be.
(b) How to effectively try the girl without prejudice.
(c) What Joan's punishment should be since they already know she will confess.
(d) The severity of Joan's crimes.
5. What has led to the ceremony at the cathedral in Scene 5?
(a) The Dauphin's arranged engagement to a Spanish princess.
(b) Joan's visions and success convinced the Dauphin to become a Christian.
(c) Joan's intervention and military success.
(d) The miraculous birth of the Dauphin's first born son.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 6, Joan gives two reasons for dressing in men's clothing. Which of these is one of those reasons?
2. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
3. The bishop thinks that Joan poses a threat to what?
4. What happens to Joan when she refuses to admit guilt in Scene 6?
5. What does Joan plan to do in Scene 5 now that she has returned victorious from the Siege at Orleans?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)