|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one emotion felt by Joan's colleagues when she makes her final decision about the battle in Paris?
(a) Fear for her life.
(b) Disinterest since she ignored their advice.
(c) Concern for her lack of funding.
(d) Disdain for her pride.
2. In Scene 6, what is one of the crimes Joan is to be tried for?
(d) Public drunkenness.
3. What happens to one young woman who stands up for Joan's cause?
(a) She was burned at the stake.
(b) She was thrown in jail.
(c) She was excommunicated from the Catholic Church.
(d) She was beheaded.
4. What do the church officials in Scene 6 want Joan to do to acknowledge her guilt?
(a) Make a public apology.
(b) Sign papers.
(c) Enter a nunnery.
(d) Accept excommunication.
5. What do the church officials believe their duty to Joan is?
(a) To save her soul.
(b) To see her banished from France.
(c) To save her life.
(d) To save her reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
2. In Scene 4, Joan's charisma and legendary exploits are perceived as a threat to ____________.
3. In Scene 6, what occurs before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
4. What kind of actions does Dunois say the attempts for Paris are?
5. What is the name of the new King of France in Scene 5?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)