|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the church officials want Joan to admit to in Scene 6?
(b) Sins against the king.
2. What has happened to Joan in the beginning of Scene 6?
(a) She has been bought.
(b) She has been wounded.
(c) She has gone home.
(d) She has been taken to jail.
3. What do the church officials in Scene 6 want Joan to do to acknowledge her guilt?
(a) Enter a nunnery.
(b) Make a public apology.
(c) Sign papers.
(d) Accept excommunication.
4. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her supernatural powers.
(b) Her unprecedented military prowess.
(c) Her visions.
(d) Her ability to see the future.
5. What has led to the ceremony at the cathedral in Scene 5?
(a) Joan's intervention and military success.
(b) The Dauphin's arranged engagement to a Spanish princess.
(c) The miraculous birth of the Dauphin's first born son.
(d) Joan's visions and success convinced the Dauphin to become a Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 6, an additional charge is brought against Joan for what?
2. What did Joan alter through her military conquests?
3. In the beginning of Scene 6, how long has Joan's trial lasted?
4. What is the name of the new King of France in Scene 5?
5. In Scene 6, what do the church officials threaten Joan with when she refuses to recant?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)