|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joan want to go next in Scene 5?
(b) Cote' d'Azur.
2. What nationality is the person leading the French army?
3. What has led to the ceremony at the cathedral in Scene 5?
(a) Joan's intervention and military success.
(b) The miraculous birth of the Dauphin's first born son.
(c) Joan's visions and success convinced the Dauphin to become a Christian.
(d) The Dauphin's arranged engagement to a Spanish princess.
4. What happens to Joan when she refuses to admit guilt in Scene 6?
(a) She is immediately led to the stake and burned to death.
(b) She is given an extension on her trial and sent back to jail.
(c) She is banished from France and sent to Spain.
(d) She is sentenced to be hung until she is dead.
5. Joan discusses ___________ with a military officer while in the cathedral.
(a) Their success in battle.
(b) The Dauphin's ceremony.
(c) Their upcoming nuptials.
(d) The future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the church officials want Joan to admit to in Scene 6?
2. In Scene 4, the men discussing Joan fear she is a threat to what system?
3. In Scene 4, what are the nobleman and the chaplain bemoaning?
4. In what year does Scene 6 open?
5. With whom is Joan carrying on a discussion in Scene 5 while in the cathedral?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)