|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 4, the men discussing Joan fear she is a threat to what system?
(a) The caste system.
(b) The church system.
(c) The military system.
(d) The feudal system.
2. What is one of the crimes Joan is to be tried for in Scene 6?
3. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
(a) Damn her soul to hell.
(b) Continue the trial until she does submit.
(c) Hand her over to secular authorities.
(d) Torture her until she begs forgiveness.
4. How do the new king and his advisers feel about Joan in Scene 5?
(a) They wholly support her.
(b) They dislike her, but they respect her.
(c) Their feelings toward her are ambiguous.
(d) They feel like she is an intruder in their presence.
5. Why is Joan warned about sinning in Scene 5?
(a) She refuses to get out of bed.
(b) She overeats at the banquet.
(c) She continuously follows one of the French commanders.
(d) She delineates her military successes for her audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two members of the English army camp are discussing Joan. What do they think she is?
2. What do the church officials in Scene 6 want Joan to do to acknowledge her guilt?
3. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
4. How does Joan react to her colleagues' lack of enthusiasm for her plan to go to Paris in Scene 5?
5. Where does Joan want to go next in Scene 5?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)