|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sin is Joan warned about giving in to in Scene 5?
2. Who joins the discussion the two men in the English camp are having about Joan in Scene 4?
(a) A French spy.
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) A bishop.
(d) A soldier.
3. With whom is Joan carrying on a discussion in Scene 5 while in the cathedral?
(b) The Archbishop.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
4. In Scene 6, what is one of the crimes Joan is to be tried for?
(d) Public drunkenness.
5. In Scene 5, Joan desires to take a certain path now that she has been successful in battle. Why does she want to take that path?
(a) She has tasted success and is now driven to become an important person in the castle.
(b) She has always wanted to be royalty.
(c) Her passion for war outweighs her desire to return to a life of boredom.
(d) She is tired of war and wants to return home to her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the officials in Scene 6 discuss before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
2. Who are the Englishmen who are discussing Joan in Scene 4?
3. In Scene 6, what does Joan risk by not submitting to the church officials' demands?
4. In Scene 6, what is one of the reasons Joan says that she dresses in men's clothing?
5. What is one emotion felt by Joan's colleagues when she makes her final decision about the battle in Paris?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)