|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Joan imprisoned?
(a) The Rouen castle.
(b) Buckingham palace.
(c) In a crude jail outside of Paris.
(d) In an oubliette.
2. In Scene 6, what is one of the reasons Joan says that she dresses in men's clothing?
(a) She hates dresses.
(b) It is the only clothing available to her.
(c) It is appropriate attire for battle.
(d) She prefers the comfort of men's clothing to that of women's clothing.
3. What do the church officials believe their duty to Joan is?
(a) To see her banished from France.
(b) To save her reputation.
(c) To save her soul.
(d) To save her life.
4. In what month does Scene 6 open?
5. In Scene 6, an additional charge is brought against Joan for what?
(a) Dressing in men's clothing.
(b) Treason against England.
(c) Imitating a church official.
(d) Disrespect to royalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
2. What do the church officials in Scene 6 want Joan to do to acknowledge her guilt?
3. What has happened to Joan in the beginning of Scene 6?
4. In Scene 5, what is one of the emotions felt by Joan's colleagues when she makes her final decision about the battle in Paris?
5. In Scene 4, Joan's individualism threatens what?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)