|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Englishmen intend to do to Joan once she is captured?
(a) Make her Queen of France.
(b) Hang her.
(c) Canonize her.
(d) Burn her.
2. In Scene 6, what does Joan risk by not submitting to the church officials' demands?
(c) Being tortured.
(d) Lifelong imprisonment.
3. In Scene 4, what are the nobleman and the chaplain bemoaning?
(a) The English army's continuing list of battles lost to the French.
(b) The lack of space in the encampment.
(c) The uncomfortable living conditions at the camp.
(d) The French spies and their ability to gain access to the English encampment.
4. What is Joan's suggestion to the king and his advisers in Scene 5?
(a) That they ally with Italy in a war against England.
(b) That they continue in war.
(c) That they trust her in all matters of state.
(d) That they make her queen.
5. What is the name of the new King of France in Scene 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the church officials want Joan to admit to in Scene 6?
2. In Scene 6, what occurs before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
3. In Scene 4, the bishop is concerned about Joan's ___________.
4. In Scene 4, Joan's individualism threatens what?
5. Joan's demeanor during the trial is what?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)