|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 4, the men discussing Joan fear she is a threat to what system?
(a) The military system.
(b) The feudal system.
(c) The church system.
(d) The caste system.
2. What is Joan fixed on after the Battle of Orleans?
(a) Her plan to liberate Paris.
(b) Her plan to return home to her family.
(c) Her plan to build her own church.
(d) Her plan to confront the King of England.
3. What happens to one young woman who stands up for Joan's cause?
(a) She was excommunicated from the Catholic Church.
(b) She was beheaded.
(c) She was thrown in jail.
(d) She was burned at the stake.
4. What sin is Joan warned about giving in to in Scene 5?
5. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her religious fervor.
(b) Her power over nature.
(c) Her power over animals.
(d) The way she dresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 6, what do the church officials threaten Joan with when she refuses to recant?
2. In Scene 4, it is believed that __________ about Joan may cause the common individuals to defect.
3. Where does Joan want to go next in Scene 5?
4. In Scene 4, the bishop is concerned about Joan's ___________.
5. Where does the ceremony take place in Scene 5?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)