|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Joan sold in Scene 6?
(a) The English.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) The Spanish.
2. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) The way she dresses.
(b) Her religious fervor.
(c) Her power over nature.
(d) Her power over animals.
3. Where in the cathedral do Joan and the officer have their conversation?
(a) In the gardens.
(b) At the altar.
(c) In the vestibule.
(d) In the reliquary.
4. Why do the nobleman and the chaplain believe that Joan should be burned?
(a) For no reason at all.
(b) For what they consider her supernatural powers.
(c) For what they consider treason.
(d) For her outright displays of disrespect to the English.
5. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
(a) Torture her until she begs forgiveness.
(b) Continue the trial until she does submit.
(c) Damn her soul to hell.
(d) Hand her over to secular authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 6, what is one of the crimes Joan is to be tried for?
2. Why is Joan warned about sinning in Scene 5?
3. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
4. In Scene 4, where are the two men who are discussing Joan?
5. Joan discusses ___________ with a military officer while in the cathedral.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)