|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Englishmen who are discussing Joan in Scene 4?
(a) A nobleman and a chaplain.
(b) The English commander and his second-in-command.
(c) Two calvary officers.
(d) The King of England and the English commander.
2. How do the new king and his advisers feel about Joan in Scene 5?
(a) They wholly support her.
(b) Their feelings toward her are ambiguous.
(c) They dislike her, but they respect her.
(d) They feel like she is an intruder in their presence.
3. What do the Englishmen intend to do to Joan once she is captured?
(a) Hang her.
(b) Make her Queen of France.
(c) Burn her.
(d) Canonize her.
4. With whom is Joan carrying on a discussion in Scene 5 while in the cathedral?
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) The Archbishop.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
5. In Scene 4, where are the two men who are discussing Joan?
(a) In an English army camp.
(b) In a French army camp.
(c) In a castle in the Loire valley.
(d) In the midst of a battlefield.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Joan sold in Scene 6?
2. What has happened to Joan in the beginning of Scene 6?
3. Why does the king turn down Joan's request to go to Paris in Scene 5?
4. In Scene 6, an additional charge is brought against Joan for what?
5. Joan's demeanor during the trial is what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)