|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joan is single-minded about ____________ once she has been successful at the Battle of Orleans.
(a) Her eagerness to get home.
(b) Her pursuit of war.
(c) Her relationship with God.
(d) Her purpose in life.
2. Why is Joan warned about sinning in Scene 5?
(a) She continuously follows one of the French commanders.
(b) She delineates her military successes for her audience.
(c) She overeats at the banquet.
(d) She refuses to get out of bed.
3. In Scene 5, why is the king concerned about the lack of state funds?
(a) If Joan goes to battle in Paris and gets captured, he would be unable to pay her ransom.
(b) They would be unable to afford a wedding feast.
(c) He cannot give Joan the military support she needs when she travels to Paris.
(d) He cannot afford to pay the troops.
4. What sin is Joan warned about giving in to in Scene 5?
5. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her visions.
(b) Her ability to see the future.
(c) Her unprecedented military prowess.
(d) Her supernatural powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for Joan's situation in the beginning of Scene 6?
2. Where does the ceremony take place in Scene 5?
3. What happens to Joan when she refuses to admit guilt in Scene 6?
4. To whom is Joan sold in Scene 6?
5. The church officials believe that Joan has committed violations against __________________.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)