|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
(a) The King's blessing.
(d) A good husband.
2. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
(a) Those of many demons.
(b) Saint Margaret's and Saint Catherine's.
(c) The voices of her inner conscience.
(d) Her father's and mother's.
3. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
(a) The Dauphin's spirits.
(b) The royal decree written on parchment.
(c) The royal crown.
(d) Her sword.
4. In Scene 2, what does Joan ask God for?
5. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
(a) His political allies have turned traitor.
(b) His castle has no running water.
(c) There are no eggs for his breakfast.
(d) His wife has run off with the steward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is the setting for this play?
2. What does the French commander want his troops to attack?
3. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
4. How is the Dauphin described in Scene 2?
5. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Scene 2, why is the Dauphin called "ineffectual"?
2. What is Joan's first reaction to the church officials' demands for her to recant at her trial?
3. What does Joan ask Robert for in Scene 1, and why?
4. In Scene 5, why doesn't Joan want to return home after her success at Orleans?
5. What happens to the Dauphin at the beginning of Scene 5, and who is responsible for it?
6. In Scene 3, Joan agrees to accompany Dunois to what location and for what reason?
7. Who joins the Archbishop of Rheims and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille to wait for the Dauphin's arrival in Scene 2? What is this man's nickname and why is that what he is called?
8. Robert de Baudricourt is upset because there are no eggs for his breakfast. What does the steward tell Robert is the reason for the lack of eggs?
9. How do Joan's colleagues feel about her final decision to liberate Paris?
10. Once Joan is given complete control of the military, the Dauphin calls his advisers back into the room. What does he tell the men and how do they react?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)