|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the commander of the French army in Scene 3?
(a) de Baudricourt.
(b) de la Tremouille.
(d) de Rais.
2. Where is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
3. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
(b) The Archbishop of Rheims and the Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(c) Robert de Baudricourt and his steward.
4. What does the French commander desperately need in Scene 3?
(b) Food for his army.
(c) A westward wind.
(d) Rest for his army.
5. In Scene 2, what does Joan ask God for?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
2. In Scene 3, what has Joan gained access to that is considered evidence of her reputation?
3. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
4. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
5. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do each of Joan's colleagues say about her plan to liberate Paris?
2. Why do you think the English officials were quick to label Joan a witch in Scene 4?
3. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3? Who stops her, and why?
4. Explain what happens to the men in the king's dream who participated in the trial and execution of Joan of Arc.
5. How do Joan's colleagues feel about her final decision to liberate Paris?
6. In Scene 3, what does Dunois need, and why?
7. In Scene 2, what does Gilles de Rais tell the Archbishop of Rheims and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille about Joan?
8. In Scene 5, what do Joan's colleagues tell her about in order to dissuade her from continuing war against the English?
9. What does Joan do in Scene 3 to convince the men in battle that she is authentic?
10. In the Epilogue, what does King Charles find out about Joan and how long is it after Joan's execution?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)