|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the commander of the French army in Scene 3?
(b) de Baudricourt.
(c) de Rais.
(d) de la Tremouille.
2. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Spiritual courage.
(b) Easy-going nature.
(c) A quiet strength.
(d) Incredible insight.
3. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
(a) The Archbishop of Rheims and the Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(b) Robert de Baudricourt and his steward.
4. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
(a) Complete military authority and control.
(b) A significant land holding in Alsace.
(c) Sixteen horses and a military battalion.
(d) The crown jewels of France.
5. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
(a) There is a rumor that he has killed his former wives and buried them in the basement.
(b) He dyes his facial hair blue.
(c) His mother gave him that nickname as a baby.
(d) His beard is an odd shade of gray that looks bluish.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
2. What does the French commander desperately need in Scene 3?
3. In Scene 2, who tries to trick Joan into thinking he is the Dauphin?
4. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
5. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Archbishop of Rheims and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille discussing while they wait for the Dauphin's arrival in Scene 2?
2. In Scene 3, what does Dunois need, and why?
3. Joan is now in command with the leaders of the French army. This newly acquired access to leaders is evidence of what?
4. As Dunois and Joan make their way toward their destination late in Scene 3, what happens?
5. In Scene 3, the attitude toward Joan and her supposed powers is variable. How do the men in the castles feel about Joan? How do the men in the trenches with Joan feel about her?
6. In the king's dream, who interrupts the men discussing their personal trials and for what reason does he interrupt them?
7. What news does Gilles de Rais bring to the Archbishop of Rheims and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille in Scene 2?
8. In Scene 2, why is the Dauphin called "ineffectual"?
9. Is Robert's decision to help Joan in Scene 1 based on emotion or rationalization? Why?
10. What is the subject of the dream which awakens the king in the Epilogue?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)