|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 3, how do the men in battle feel about Joan?
(a) They reject her because she is a woman.
(b) They deny her authority.
(c) They pretend to welcome her but secretly conspire against her.
(d) They welcome her and her powers.
2. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
(a) His political allies have turned traitor.
(b) His castle has no running water.
(c) There are no eggs for his breakfast.
(d) His wife has run off with the steward.
3. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
(a) That they must give him more money for a military exploit.
(b) That they are dismissed from his employ.
(c) That they will now have to follow Joan.
(d) That Joan is to be taken to the dungeon.
4. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
(a) The cows.
(b) The horses.
(c) The birds.
(d) The hens.
5. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
2. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
3. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
4. In Scene 3, what has Joan gained access to that is considered evidence of her reputation?
5. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Joan's colleagues feel about her final decision to liberate Paris?
2. How do the men who condemn Joan to death react after her execution?
3. In Scene 2, what does Gilles de Rais tell the Archbishop of Rheims and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille about Joan?
4. What are the Archbishop of Rheims and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille discussing while they wait for the Dauphin's arrival in Scene 2?
5. What is the purpose of Joan's visit to the castle in the beginning of Scene 1?
6. What is the subject of the dream which awakens the king in the Epilogue?
7. Who joins the Archbishop of Rheims and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille to wait for the Dauphin's arrival in Scene 2? What is this man's nickname and why is that what he is called?
8. Joan is now in command with the leaders of the French army. This newly acquired access to leaders is evidence of what?
9. In the Epilogue, what does King Charles find out about Joan and how long is it after Joan's execution?
10. In the king's dream, who interrupts the men discussing their personal trials and for what reason does he interrupt them?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)