|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third thing that Robert gives Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A wagon of food.
(b) A bag of gold coins.
(c) The assistance of a few of his best men.
(d) His best steed.
2. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
(a) Attack the close enemy.
(c) Find food for the troops.
(d) Take over control of the army from the French commander.
3. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
(a) Château d' Azay-le-Rideau.
4. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
(a) The castle is abandoned.
(b) The King of England.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) A military officer.
5. What does Joan exhibit in Scene 3 that convinces the men in battle that she is sent by God?
(a) A vision of St. Margaret and St. Catherine.
(b) A piece of the True Cross.
(c) Otherworldly behavior and miracles.
(d) Control over animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, what does Joan ask God for?
2. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
3. Where is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
4. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
5. In Scene 3 when the men in the castle discuss Joan, what do they do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Scene 4, what concerns the bishop most about Joan?
2. How do the men who condemn Joan to death react after her execution?
3. What are the Archbishop of Rheims and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille discussing while they wait for the Dauphin's arrival in Scene 2?
4. As Dunois and Joan make their way toward their destination late in Scene 3, what happens?
5. After Joan identifies the true Dauphin in Scene 2, what does she tell the Dauphin, and how does he react?
6. How do the men responsible for Joan's trial and execution react to the news that she has been canonized?
7. In Scene 4, Joan's alignment as an individual with the French king poses a threat to what system, and why?
8. In Scene 3, what does Dunois need, and why?
9. In the king's dream, who interrupts the men discussing their personal trials and for what reason does he interrupt them?
10. Scene 1 sees Robert go through several emotions. What are some of those emotions, and why does Robert experience them?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)