|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
(a) Her boyish hairstyle and clothing.
(b) Her visions.
(c) Her lack of military prowess.
(d) Her forward nature.
2. Where is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
3. Why does the French commander not allow Joan to move forward to attack?
(a) Because he will not allow a woman to lead his army.
(b) Because he thinks Joan doesn't have any idea what she is doing.
(c) Because the English army is too powerful.
(d) Because of unfavorable wind conditions.
4. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
(b) Planning strategy.
(c) Speaking with his second-in-command.
5. In what room does Joan meet with the Dauphin?
(a) The throne room.
(b) The military strategy room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The treasury.
Short Answer Questions
1. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
2. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
3. What country is the setting for this play?
4. What is Robert's profession?
5. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the end of the king's dream in the Epilogue.
2. Joan is now in command with the leaders of the French army. This newly acquired access to leaders is evidence of what?
3. How do the new king and his advisers feel about Joan and her desire to continue in battle after her success at Orleans?
4. In Scene 3, what is troubling the French army commander, Dunois?
5. After her victory at Orleans, what are Joan's intentions outlined in Scene 5?
6. What is the purpose of the author including the king's dream and its details in the Epilogue?
7. What is the purpose of Joan's visit to the castle in the beginning of Scene 1?
8. What do each of Joan's colleagues say about her plan to liberate Paris?
9. How do Joan's colleagues feel about her final decision to liberate Paris?
10. In Scene 3, what does Dunois need, and why?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)