|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
(a) A plan to overthrow the Dauphin.
(b) The dour state of France.
(c) What to have for dinner.
(d) Financial matters of state.
2. In what room does Joan meet with the Dauphin?
(a) The treasury.
(b) The military strategy room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The throne room.
3. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
(a) Fervor and talk of God.
(b) A big gun.
(c) An heirloom sword.
(d) Beauty and strength.
4. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
(a) That Joan is to be taken to the dungeon.
(b) That they must give him more money for a military exploit.
(c) That they will now have to follow Joan.
(d) That they are dismissed from his employ.
5. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(a) His wife.
(b) A disembodied voice.
(d) His steward.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
2. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
3. Where is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
4. The play opens in what year?
5. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
Short Essay Questions
1. This play takes place in France in 1492. Just from reading Scene 1, what do you think the political climate was like at that time? Whose citizens were an imposition to the French people? What is Joan's position in this struggle?
2. Robert de Baudricourt is upset because there are no eggs for his breakfast. What does the steward tell Robert is the reason for the lack of eggs?
3. Once Joan is given complete control of the military, the Dauphin calls his advisers back into the room. What does he tell the men and how do they react?
4. In Scene 2, what do the Archbishop of Rheims, Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille, Gilles de Rais, and the Dauphin do to try and trick Joan, and why?
5. What happens to the Dauphin at the beginning of Scene 5, and who is responsible for it?
6. Joan leaves the castle with the armor, horse and men. She is content with this mini victory. Though Robert has doubts that her mission is sent from God, what happens to change his mind?
7. Joan is now in command with the leaders of the French army. This newly acquired access to leaders is evidence of what?
8. In Scene 4, another man joins the conversation between the nobleman and the chaplain. Who is he and what are his beliefs about and intentions for Joan?
9. What has happened to Joan in the beginning of Scene 6?
10. Who joins the Archbishop of Rheims and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille to wait for the Dauphin's arrival in Scene 2? What is this man's nickname and why is that what he is called?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)