|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
(c) The power over life and death.
2. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
(c) A cross.
(d) A ride into the nearest city.
3. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
(a) An heirloom sword.
(b) Beauty and strength.
(c) A big gun.
(d) Fervor and talk of God.
4. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
(a) In the cathedral at Rheims.
(b) In a castle.
(c) In a stable on the outskirts of Champagne.
(d) In a stable on the outskirts of Lorraine.
5. Who is the commander of the French army in Scene 3?
(a) de Rais.
(b) de la Tremouille.
(d) de Baudricourt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
2. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
3. In what room does Joan meet with the Dauphin?
4. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
5. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Joan identifies the true Dauphin in Scene 2, what does she tell the Dauphin, and how does he react?
2. What do each of Joan's colleagues say about her plan to liberate Paris?
3. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3? Who stops her, and why?
4. In Scene 3, what is troubling the French army commander, Dunois?
5. In Scene 6, what are the church officials willing to do if Joan will not recant her sins?
6. What does Joan do in Scene 3 to convince the men in battle that she is authentic?
7. Describe the end of the king's dream in the Epilogue.
8. What is the purpose of Joan's visit to the castle in the beginning of Scene 1?
9. What is the setting for the play, and what is the location for the opening of the play?
10. Is Robert's decision to help Joan in Scene 1 based on emotion or rationalization? Why?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)