|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
(a) Her visions.
(b) Her forward nature.
(c) Her lack of military prowess.
(d) Her boyish hairstyle and clothing.
2. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
(a) He encourages her to move forward.
(b) He holds her in check.
(c) He cedes command to her.
(d) He refuses to let her in camp.
3. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
(a) A ride into the nearest city.
(b) A cross.
4. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
(a) The royal decree written on parchment.
(b) The Dauphin's spirits.
(c) The royal crown.
(d) Her sword.
5. In Scene 2, who tries to trick Joan into thinking he is the Dauphin?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(c) Archbishop of Rheims.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
2. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
3. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
4. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
5. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Scene 3, what does Dunois need, and why?
2. What is Joan's first reaction to the church officials' demands for her to recant at her trial?
3. In Scene 4, two men in an English army camp are having a discussion. Who are the men, and what are they discussing?
4. How do the nobleman and the chaplain feel about Joan, and how do they feel she should be treated?
5. Would Joan's mission be complete with a victory at Orleans, or would it just whet her appetite for battle?
6. Joan is now in command with the leaders of the French army. This newly acquired access to leaders is evidence of what?
7. Robert de Baudricourt is upset because there are no eggs for his breakfast. What does the steward tell Robert is the reason for the lack of eggs?
8. What news does Gilles de Rais bring to the Archbishop of Rheims and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille in Scene 2?
9. Once Joan is given complete control of the military, the Dauphin calls his advisers back into the room. What does he tell the men and how do they react?
10. How does Joan react to the advice given by her colleagues in Scene 5?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)