|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) de Richeleau.
(b) Robert de Baudricourt.
(c) Le Compte de Chablis.
(d) Lord Chamberlain.
2. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
(a) Gilles de Rais.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) St. Margaret.
3. In what room does Joan meet with the Dauphin?
(a) The throne room.
(b) The treasury.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The military strategy room.
4. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
(a) Château d' Azay-le-Rideau.
5. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
(a) The steward.
(c) Robert de Baudricourt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 3, how do the men in battle feel about Joan?
2. Who is the commander of the French army in Scene 3?
3. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
4. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
5. What is the third thing that Robert gives Joan in Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do each of Joan's colleagues say about her plan to liberate Paris?
2. In Scene 1, what makes Joan think she is doing God's work? What does Robert think of her assertions?
3. What is the purpose of Joan's visit to the castle in the beginning of Scene 1?
4. After her victory at Orleans, what are Joan's intentions outlined in Scene 5?
5. In Scene 2, after the Dauphin dismisses his advisers from the room and consults with Joan alone, what major decision does he make?
6. After Joan identifies the true Dauphin in Scene 2, what does she tell the Dauphin, and how does he react?
7. How do the nobleman and the chaplain feel about Joan, and how do they feel she should be treated?
8. What are the Archbishop of Rheims and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille discussing while they wait for the Dauphin's arrival in Scene 2?
9. Why doesn't the Dauphin hold any real power in Scene 2?
10. Joan is now in command with the leaders of the French army. This newly acquired access to leaders is evidence of what?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)