|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
(a) That they must give him more money for a military exploit.
(b) That Joan is to be taken to the dungeon.
(c) That they are dismissed from his employ.
(d) That they will now have to follow Joan.
2. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
3. In what room does Joan meet with the Dauphin?
(a) The throne room.
(b) The military strategy room.
(c) The treasury.
(d) The kitchen.
4. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Easy-going nature.
(b) Incredible insight.
(c) Spiritual courage.
(d) A quiet strength.
5. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
2. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
3. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
4. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
5. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Scene 3, what does Dunois need, and why?
2. Scene 1 sees Robert go through several emotions. What are some of those emotions, and why does Robert experience them?
3. In Scene 4, what concerns the bishop most about Joan?
4. How do Joan's colleagues feel about her final decision to liberate Paris?
5. In Scene 2, why is the Dauphin called "ineffectual"?
6. Is the fact that Joan is a woman an asset or liability to her cause?
7. In Scene 3, the attitude toward Joan and her supposed powers is variable. How do the men in the castles feel about Joan? How do the men in the trenches with Joan feel about her?
8. Why do you think the English officials were quick to label Joan a witch in Scene 4?
9. What is the setting for the play, and what is the location for the opening of the play?
10. In Scene 2, what does Gilles de Rais tell the Archbishop of Rheims and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille about Joan?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)