|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) de Richeleau.
(b) Le Compte de Chablis.
(c) Lord Chamberlain.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
2. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
(b) Take over control of the army from the French commander.
(c) Attack the close enemy.
(d) Find food for the troops.
3. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Get organized.
(b) Defeat the Spanish.
(c) Come up with a competent strategy.
(d) Cross the river.
4. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
(d) Château d' Azay-le-Rideau.
5. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
2. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
3. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
4. The play opens in what year?
5. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the end of the king's dream in the Epilogue.
2. What happens to the Dauphin at the beginning of Scene 5, and who is responsible for it?
3. What is Joan's first reaction to the church officials' demands for her to recant at her trial?
4. In Scene 3, Joan agrees to accompany Dunois to what location and for what reason?
5. What is Joan's response to the church officials' threats of torture if she doesn't sign the paper admitting heresy in Scene 6?
6. Is the fact that Joan is a woman an asset or liability to her cause?
7. What is the setting for the play, and what is the location for the opening of the play?
8. In Scene 5, what do Joan's colleagues tell her about in order to dissuade her from continuing war against the English?
9. In Scene 4, what concerns the bishop most about Joan?
10. Joan leaves the castle with the armor, horse and men. She is content with this mini victory. Though Robert has doubts that her mission is sent from God, what happens to change his mind?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)