|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
(b) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
(c) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
(d) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
2. What is one of the attributes given to Joan in Scene 3 that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Physical beauty.
(b) Mental acuity.
(c) Domineering personality.
(d) Physical prowess.
3. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
(b) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
(c) To declare war on England.
(d) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
4. Where is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
5. What country is the setting for this play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
2. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
3. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
4. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
5. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the fact that Joan is a woman an asset or liability to her cause?
2. In the king's dream, who interrupts the men discussing their personal trials and for what reason does he interrupt them?
3. Would Joan's mission be complete with a victory at Orleans, or would it just whet her appetite for battle?
4. What is the setting for the play, and what is the location for the opening of the play?
5. In Scene 3, Joan agrees to accompany Dunois to what location and for what reason?
6. What is the purpose of the author including the king's dream and its details in the Epilogue?
7. In Scene 6, what are the church officials willing to do if Joan will not recant her sins?
8. In Scene 4, Joan's alignment as an individual with the French king poses a threat to what system, and why?
9. Describe the end of the king's dream in the Epilogue.
10. After Joan identifies the true Dauphin in Scene 2, what does she tell the Dauphin, and how does he react?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)