|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does Scene 6 open?
2. What nationality is the person leading the French army?
3. Where is Joan imprisoned?
(a) The Rouen castle.
(b) Buckingham palace.
(c) In an oubliette.
(d) In a crude jail outside of Paris.
4. Where does Joan want to go next in Scene 5?
(b) Cote' d'Azur.
5. How does Joan react to her colleagues' lack of enthusiasm for her plan to go to Paris in Scene 5?
(a) She ignores their admonitions.
(b) She takes what they say into consideration and decides to go home.
(c) She agrees with them.
(d) She takes what they say into consideration and decides to seek battle elsewhere.
6. In Scene 4, it is believed that __________ about Joan may cause the common individuals to defect.
(a) Her miraculous raising of the dead.
(b) Her charismatic traits.
(c) The way she gets along with the common people.
(d) Her beatific visions.
7. The bishop thinks that Joan poses a threat to what?
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The English army.
(d) The French army.
8. What is one of the crimes Joan is to be tried for in Scene 6?
9. What has led to the ceremony at the cathedral in Scene 5?
(a) The miraculous birth of the Dauphin's first born son.
(b) The Dauphin's arranged engagement to a Spanish princess.
(c) Joan's intervention and military success.
(d) Joan's visions and success convinced the Dauphin to become a Christian.
10. Who joins the discussion the two men in the English camp are having about Joan in Scene 4?
(a) A soldier.
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) A French spy.
(d) A bishop.
11. What is the name of the new King of France in Scene 5?
12. What happens to Joan when she refuses to admit guilt in Scene 6?
(a) She is immediately led to the stake and burned to death.
(b) She is banished from France and sent to Spain.
(c) She is given an extension on her trial and sent back to jail.
(d) She is sentenced to be hung until she is dead.
13. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her strong sense of feminism.
(b) Her disconcerting political views.
(c) The dedication the French army shows towards her.
(d) The Dauphin's unquestioning belief in her.
14. What did Joan alter through her military conquests?
(a) English attitudes toward women.
(b) The French landscape.
(c) The course of history for France.
(d) Church dogma.
15. In the beginning of Scene 6, how long has Joan's trial lasted?
(a) Eleven days.
(b) Eleven weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Six weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the nobleman and the chaplain believe that Joan should be burned?
2. What is Joan fixed on after the Battle of Orleans?
3. Joan discusses ___________ with a military officer while in the cathedral.
4. What is Joan's suggestion to the king and his advisers in Scene 5?
5. The Dauphin goes through a ceremony in Scene 5. What is that ceremony?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)