|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one emotion felt by Joan's colleagues when she makes her final decision about the battle in Paris?
(a) Fear for her life.
(b) Concern for her lack of funding.
(c) Disdain for her pride.
(d) Disinterest since she ignored their advice.
2. What is Joan fixed on after the Battle of Orleans?
(a) Her plan to build her own church.
(b) Her plan to return home to her family.
(c) Her plan to confront the King of England.
(d) Her plan to liberate Paris.
3. In Scene 4, the men discussing Joan fear she is a threat to what system?
(a) The feudal system.
(b) The military system.
(c) The caste system.
(d) The church system.
4. What is Joan's suggestion to the king and his advisers in Scene 5?
(a) That they continue in war.
(b) That they make her queen.
(c) That they trust her in all matters of state.
(d) That they ally with Italy in a war against England.
5. Where is Joan imprisoned?
(a) In an oubliette.
(b) In a crude jail outside of Paris.
(c) Buckingham palace.
(d) The Rouen castle.
6. With whom is Joan carrying on a discussion in Scene 5 while in the cathedral?
(b) Robert de Baudricourt.
(c) The Archbishop.
(d) The Dauphin.
7. Where does Joan want to go next in Scene 5?
(d) Cote' d'Azur.
8. Joan discusses ___________ with a military officer while in the cathedral.
(a) Their success in battle.
(b) The future.
(c) The Dauphin's ceremony.
(d) Their upcoming nuptials.
9. What does Joan plan to do in Scene 5 now that she has returned victorious from the Siege at Orleans?
(a) To quietly fade into the background.
(b) To continue with the war.
(c) To convince the palace to make her queen.
(d) To return to the pastoral life she knew before going into battle.
10. Who warns Joan that she is perilously close to a sin in her eagerness to continue battling?
(a) The priest at Rheims.
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) The Archbishop.
(d) The Pope.
11. Joan's demeanor during the trial is what?
12. How does Joan react to her colleagues' lack of enthusiasm for her plan to go to Paris in Scene 5?
(a) She agrees with them.
(b) She ignores their admonitions.
(c) She takes what they say into consideration and decides to seek battle elsewhere.
(d) She takes what they say into consideration and decides to go home.
13. Why does the king turn down Joan's request to go to Paris in Scene 5?
(a) He wants to make her queen.
(b) He wants her to go home to her family.
(c) He is tired of war.
(d) The state coffers are empty.
14. Where in the cathedral do Joan and the officer have their conversation?
(a) In the gardens.
(b) In the vestibule.
(c) At the altar.
(d) In the reliquary.
15. In Scene 4, the bishop is concerned about Joan's ___________.
(a) Amazing fighting abilities.
(b) Supernatural powers.
(c) Influence on the French citizens.
(d) Individualistic views.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two members of the English army camp are discussing Joan. What do they think she is?
2. The church officials believe that Joan has committed violations against __________________.
3. In Scene 6, what is one of the crimes Joan is to be tried for?
4. What did Joan alter through her military conquests?
5. In what year does Scene 6 open?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)