|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
(a) In a stable on the outskirts of Lorraine.
(b) In the cathedral at Rheims.
(c) In a castle.
(d) In a stable on the outskirts of Champagne.
2. In Scene 2, what does Joan ask God for?
3. What is Robert's profession?
(a) Military officer.
4. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
(b) The steward.
(c) Robert de Baudricourt.
5. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
(a) Her father's and mother's.
(b) Saint Margaret's and Saint Catherine's.
(c) Those of many demons.
(d) The voices of her inner conscience.
6. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
(a) The castle is abandoned.
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) The King of England.
(d) A military officer.
7. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
(a) Bring them food and water.
(b) Inspire them to battle the Russians.
(c) Treat their wounds.
(d) Bolster morale and purpose.
8. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
9. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
(a) There are no eggs for his breakfast.
(b) His political allies have turned traitor.
(c) His wife has run off with the steward.
(d) His castle has no running water.
10. In Scene 3, what happens right after Joan prays?
(a) The wind changes in their favor.
(b) The English army retreats.
(c) A deer runs into the camp, allowing the troops to eat and avoid starvation.
(d) The river parts, allowing the troops to cross.
11. In Scene 3, how do the men in battle feel about Joan?
(a) They deny her authority.
(b) They pretend to welcome her but secretly conspire against her.
(c) They reject her because she is a woman.
(d) They welcome her and her powers.
12. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
13. How does the Dauphin feel about Joan's convictions in Scene 2?
14. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
(a) Pray for the English army to retreat.
(b) Pray for a change in fortune.
(c) Pray for food.
(d) Pray for rain.
15. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt.
(b) The powerful men who surround him.
(c) The king of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Bluebeard bring?
2. What does Joan exhibit in Scene 3 that convinces the men in battle that she is sent by God?
3. Who is the commander of the French army in Scene 3?
4. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
5. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)