|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
(b) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
(c) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
(d) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
2. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
(a) A church.
(b) A grotto.
(c) The English castle.
(d) The Dauphin's castle.
3. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
(c) The Archbishop of Rheims and the Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt and his steward.
4. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
(b) Raise a siege.
(c) Raise her rival's home.
(d) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
5. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
(b) The king of England.
(c) The powerful men who surround him.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
6. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
(c) The steward.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
7. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Incredible insight.
(b) Easy-going nature.
(c) A quiet strength.
(d) Spiritual courage.
8. Where is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
9. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
(a) The army's dedication to her.
(b) The blessing of the Archbishop.
(c) The English army surrenders to Joan's French army.
(d) The fact that she has acquired an army and led it to Orleans.
10. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
(b) St. Margaret.
(c) Gilles de Rais.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
11. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
(a) The King.
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Prince.
12. At which landmark is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) The Arc de Triomphe.
(b) The Loire River.
(c) The palace.
(d) La Tour Eiffel.
13. The play opens in what year?
14. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
15. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt.
(b) Le Compte de Chablis.
(c) de Richeleau.
(d) Lord Chamberlain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 3, what happens right after Joan prays?
2. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
3. What does the French commander want his troops to attack?
4. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
5. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)