|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
(a) Her visions.
(b) Her boyish hairstyle and clothing.
(c) Her lack of military prowess.
(d) Her forward nature.
2. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
(b) St. Margaret.
(c) Gilles de Rais.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
3. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cow.
(c) A magic bird.
(d) A chicken.
4. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
(a) Sixteen horses and a military battalion.
(b) Complete military authority and control.
(c) The crown jewels of France.
(d) A significant land holding in Alsace.
5. What is one of the attributes given to Joan in Scene 3 that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Domineering personality.
(b) Mental acuity.
(c) Physical beauty.
(d) Physical prowess.
6. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) His children are ill and he cannot return home.
(b) Joan's orders.
(c) The death of his wife.
(d) His bad fortune.
7. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
(a) A cross.
(b) A ride into the nearest city.
8. What is Robert's profession?
(c) Military officer.
9. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt.
(b) The king of England.
(d) The powerful men who surround him.
10. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
(a) He thinks it is miraculous.
(b) He thinks it is preposterous.
(c) He thinks nothing of it.
(d) He thinks it is exciting.
11. In Scene 2, who tries to trick Joan into thinking he is the Dauphin?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(d) Archbishop of Rheims.
12. What is the third thing that Robert gives Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A bag of gold coins.
(b) His best steed.
(c) The assistance of a few of his best men.
(d) A wagon of food.
13. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
14. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
(a) His mother gave him that nickname as a baby.
(b) There is a rumor that he has killed his former wives and buried them in the basement.
(c) His beard is an odd shade of gray that looks bluish.
(d) He dyes his facial hair blue.
15. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Lord Chamberlain.
(b) Le Compte de Chablis.
(c) de Richeleau.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the French commander desperately need in Scene 3?
2. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
3. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
4. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
5. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)