|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A cow.
(c) A horse.
(d) A magic bird.
2. In Scene 3, how do the men in battle feel about Joan?
(a) They deny her authority.
(b) They welcome her and her powers.
(c) They reject her because she is a woman.
(d) They pretend to welcome her but secretly conspire against her.
3. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
(a) What to have for dinner.
(b) Financial matters of state.
(c) The dour state of France.
(d) A plan to overthrow the Dauphin.
4. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
(a) The Dauphin.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The King.
5. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
(b) The steward.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
6. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
(a) In a castle.
(b) In a stable on the outskirts of Champagne.
(c) In a stable on the outskirts of Lorraine.
(d) In the cathedral at Rheims.
7. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) The death of his wife.
(b) His bad fortune.
(c) Joan's orders.
(d) His children are ill and he cannot return home.
8. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
(b) Take over control of the army from the French commander.
(c) Find food for the troops.
(d) Attack the close enemy.
9. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
(a) Her lack of military prowess.
(b) Her forward nature.
(c) Her visions.
(d) Her boyish hairstyle and clothing.
10. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
(d) The power over life and death.
11. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
(a) The horses.
(b) The birds.
(c) The cows.
(d) The hens.
12. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
(b) Raise her rival's home.
(c) Raise a siege.
(d) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
13. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) They have been defeated by the English.
(b) Their morale has dropped.
(c) They have deserted the cause.
(d) They have stalled.
14. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
15. In Scene 2, who tries to trick Joan into thinking he is the Dauphin?
(a) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(b) Archbishop of Rheims.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
2. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
3. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
4. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
5. Who is the Dauphin's military adviser?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)