|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) The King.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
2. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Speaking with his second-in-command.
(d) Planning strategy.
3. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Joan's orders.
(b) The death of his wife.
(c) His bad fortune.
(d) His children are ill and he cannot return home.
4. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
(a) Château d' Azay-le-Rideau.
5. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
(b) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
(c) To declare war on England.
(d) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
6. How do the high-ranking officials feel after the Dauphin tells them his decision after speaking with Joan in Scene 2?
7. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Champagne and Lorraine.
(b) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
(c) Toulouse and Nice.
(d) Marseille and Lyon.
8. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
(a) A good husband.
(b) The King's blessing.
9. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise her rival's home.
(b) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
(c) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
(d) Raise a siege.
10. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
(a) Father Dunois.
(b) Cardinal de la Courte.
(c) Archbishop of Rheims.
(d) Archbishop de Vaucouleurs.
11. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
(a) He dismisses the advisers from his presence.
(b) He asks his advisers their opinion.
(c) He retires to his room to consider what Joan has said.
(d) He bans Joan from the castle.
12. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
13. Who is the Dauphin's military adviser?
(a) Gilles de Rais.
(b) The Dauphin himself.
(c) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(d) Archbishop of Rheims.
14. At which landmark is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) The palace.
(b) The Arc de Triomphe.
(c) La Tour Eiffel.
(d) The Loire River.
15. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
(b) The steward.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
2. In Scene 3, what has Joan gained access to that is considered evidence of her reputation?
3. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
4. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
5. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)