|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(b) A disembodied voice.
(c) His steward.
(d) His wife.
2. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
(a) In the cathedral at Rheims.
(b) In a stable on the outskirts of Champagne.
(c) In a stable on the outskirts of Lorraine.
(d) In a castle.
3. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
(a) Ask for her forgiveness.
(b) Run away.
(d) Fall to their knees.
4. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To be able to find a rich husband.
(b) To bring peace to the kingdom.
(c) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
(d) To drive the English out of France.
5. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The King.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Dauphin.
6. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
(a) The blessing of the Archbishop.
(b) The army's dedication to her.
(c) The English army surrenders to Joan's French army.
(d) The fact that she has acquired an army and led it to Orleans.
7. How is the Dauphin described in Scene 2?
8. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
(a) Château d' Azay-le-Rideau.
9. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
(a) The power over life and death.
10. In Scene 3, what happens right after Joan prays?
(a) The English army retreats.
(b) A deer runs into the camp, allowing the troops to eat and avoid starvation.
(c) The river parts, allowing the troops to cross.
(d) The wind changes in their favor.
11. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
(a) A ride into the nearest city.
(d) A cross.
12. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
(a) Treat their wounds.
(b) Bolster morale and purpose.
(c) Bring them food and water.
(d) Inspire them to battle the Russians.
13. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
(b) To declare war on England.
(c) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
(d) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
14. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
(a) Her sword.
(b) The royal crown.
(c) The Dauphin's spirits.
(d) The royal decree written on parchment.
15. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
(a) He thinks nothing of it.
(b) He thinks it is miraculous.
(c) He thinks it is preposterous.
(d) He thinks it is exciting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
2. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
3. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
4. How do the high-ranking officials feel after the Dauphin tells them his decision after speaking with Joan in Scene 2?
5. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)