|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what does Joan ask God for?
2. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
(a) The voices of her inner conscience.
(b) Her father's and mother's.
(c) Saint Margaret's and Saint Catherine's.
(d) Those of many demons.
3. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
(a) Run away.
(b) Ask for her forgiveness.
(c) Fall to their knees.
4. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Lord Chamberlain.
(b) Le Compte de Chablis.
(c) de Richeleau.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
5. In Scene 3, what has Joan gained access to that is considered evidence of her reputation?
(a) The cathedral at Rheims.
(c) The Ark of the Covenant.
(d) The chasse.
6. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
(a) Their talented oarsmen.
(b) A favorable wind.
(c) An outbound current.
(d) The presence of their commander.
7. In Scene 2, who tries to trick Joan into thinking he is the Dauphin?
(b) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(c) Archbishop of Rheims.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
8. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
(b) St. Margaret.
(c) Gilles de Rais.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
9. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
(a) Treat their wounds.
(b) Bolster morale and purpose.
(c) Bring them food and water.
(d) Inspire them to battle the Russians.
10. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
(a) The Dauphin.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The King.
(d) The Prince.
11. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Champagne and Lorraine.
(b) Marseille and Lyon.
(c) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
(d) Toulouse and Nice.
12. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
13. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
(b) Robert de Baudricourt.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) The King.
14. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
(a) The King's blessing.
(d) A good husband.
15. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To drive the English out of France.
(b) To bring peace to the kingdom.
(c) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
(d) To be able to find a rich husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is the setting for this play?
2. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
3. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
4. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
5. How does the Dauphin feel about Joan's convictions in Scene 2?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)