|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Dauphin feel about Joan's convictions in Scene 2?
2. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
(a) Ask for her forgiveness.
(b) Fall to their knees.
(d) Run away.
3. What is the third thing that Robert gives Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A wagon of food.
(b) The assistance of a few of his best men.
(c) A bag of gold coins.
(d) His best steed.
4. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Planning strategy.
(b) Speaking with his second-in-command.
5. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
(a) Her boyish hairstyle and clothing.
(b) Her forward nature.
(c) Her visions.
(d) Her lack of military prowess.
6. What does the French commander desperately need in Scene 3?
(b) Rest for his army.
(c) Food for his army.
(d) A westward wind.
7. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise a siege.
(b) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
(c) Raise her rival's home.
(d) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
8. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt.
(d) The steward.
9. How is the Dauphin described in Scene 2?
10. In Scene 2, what does Joan ask God for?
11. What news does Bluebeard bring?
(a) That the Dauphin has passed away.
(b) That the war is being lost by the English.
(c) That the war is being lost by the French.
(d) That Joan is approaching the castle.
12. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
(a) That they are dismissed from his employ.
(b) That Joan is to be taken to the dungeon.
(c) That they will now have to follow Joan.
(d) That they must give him more money for a military exploit.
13. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
(a) Pray for food.
(b) Pray for rain.
(c) Pray for the English army to retreat.
(d) Pray for a change in fortune.
14. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To drive the English out of France.
(b) To be able to find a rich husband.
(c) To bring peace to the kingdom.
(d) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
15. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
2. What is Robert's profession?
3. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
4. In Scene 3, how do the men in battle feel about Joan?
5. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)