|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
(a) Cardinal de la Courte.
(b) Archbishop of Rheims.
(c) Archbishop de Vaucouleurs.
(d) Father Dunois.
2. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt.
(b) Lord Chamberlain.
(c) de Richeleau.
(d) Le Compte de Chablis.
3. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
4. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
5. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
(a) In a stable on the outskirts of Lorraine.
(b) In a stable on the outskirts of Champagne.
(c) In a castle.
(d) In the cathedral at Rheims.
6. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
(a) Find food for the troops.
(b) Take over control of the army from the French commander.
(c) Attack the close enemy.
7. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Champagne and Lorraine.
(b) Toulouse and Nice.
(c) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
(d) Marseille and Lyon.
8. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Their morale has dropped.
(b) They have stalled.
(c) They have been defeated by the English.
(d) They have deserted the cause.
9. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will regain France from the English.
(b) He will become a wise and kind ruler.
(c) He will marry the princess of Spain.
(d) He will live long as the ruler of France.
10. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
(a) Bring them food and water.
(b) Bolster morale and purpose.
(c) Inspire them to battle the Russians.
(d) Treat their wounds.
11. What does the French commander desperately need in Scene 3?
(a) Rest for his army.
(c) A westward wind.
(d) Food for his army.
12. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
(a) That Joan is sent by God.
(b) That the hens were just being stubborn.
(c) That he needs to buy new hens.
(d) That their illness was easily cured.
13. How do the high-ranking officials feel after the Dauphin tells them his decision after speaking with Joan in Scene 2?
14. In what room does Joan meet with the Dauphin?
(a) The military strategy room.
(b) The throne room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The treasury.
15. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt.
(b) The powerful men who surround him.
(d) The king of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. The play opens in what year?
2. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
3. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
4. What is the third thing that Robert gives Joan in Scene 1?
5. In Scene 3, what has Joan gained access to that is considered evidence of her reputation?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)