|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Bluebeard bring?
(a) That Joan is approaching the castle.
(b) That the Dauphin has passed away.
(c) That the war is being lost by the French.
(d) That the war is being lost by the English.
2. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) His bad fortune.
(b) Joan's orders.
(c) His children are ill and he cannot return home.
(d) The death of his wife.
3. Who is the Dauphin's military adviser?
(a) Archbishop of Rheims.
(b) The Dauphin himself.
(c) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(d) Gilles de Rais.
4. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Le Compte de Chablis.
(b) Robert de Baudricourt.
(c) de Richeleau.
(d) Lord Chamberlain.
5. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(a) A disembodied voice.
(c) His wife.
(d) His steward.
6. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
(a) Her visions.
(b) Her forward nature.
(c) Her lack of military prowess.
(d) Her boyish hairstyle and clothing.
7. What is Robert's profession?
(b) Military officer.
8. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
9. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) The King.
(d) The Prince.
10. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
(a) The Dauphin.
(b) The castle is abandoned.
(c) A military officer.
(d) The King of England.
11. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
(b) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
(c) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
(d) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
12. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
(a) Those of many demons.
(b) Saint Margaret's and Saint Catherine's.
(c) The voices of her inner conscience.
(d) Her father's and mother's.
13. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
(a) He retires to his room to consider what Joan has said.
(b) He dismisses the advisers from his presence.
(c) He bans Joan from the castle.
(d) He asks his advisers their opinion.
14. In Scene 3, how do the men in battle feel about Joan?
(a) They deny her authority.
(b) They reject her because she is a woman.
(c) They welcome her and her powers.
(d) They pretend to welcome her but secretly conspire against her.
15. What is one of the attributes given to Joan in Scene 3 that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Physical prowess.
(b) Mental acuity.
(c) Domineering personality.
(d) Physical beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
2. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
3. How does the Dauphin feel about Joan's convictions in Scene 2?
4. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
5. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)