|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
2. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt.
(b) Lord Chamberlain.
(c) de Richeleau.
(d) Le Compte de Chablis.
3. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
(a) Ask for her forgiveness.
(c) Run away.
(d) Fall to their knees.
4. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Champagne and Lorraine.
(b) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
(c) Marseille and Lyon.
(d) Toulouse and Nice.
5. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(a) His steward.
(c) His wife.
(d) A disembodied voice.
6. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
(a) That he needs to buy new hens.
(b) That Joan is sent by God.
(c) That their illness was easily cured.
(d) That the hens were just being stubborn.
7. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
(c) The power over life and death.
8. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Get organized.
(b) Cross the river.
(c) Defeat the Spanish.
(d) Come up with a competent strategy.
9. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
(a) Take over control of the army from the French commander.
(b) Attack the close enemy.
(d) Find food for the troops.
10. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
(a) Bring them food and water.
(b) Treat their wounds.
(c) Inspire them to battle the Russians.
(d) Bolster morale and purpose.
11. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
(b) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
(c) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
(d) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
12. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
(b) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
(c) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
(d) To declare war on England.
13. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
(a) Joan's dedication to seeing the Archbishop of Rheims crowned as king.
(b) The drowning of a man who refused to stop taking the Lord's name in vain.
(c) A vision of the Virgin Mary scene on a hillside next to Joan's house.
(d) Joan's refusal to enter the cathedral in her armor.
14. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
(a) A military officer.
(b) The King of England.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) The castle is abandoned.
15. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) They have deserted the cause.
(b) They have stalled.
(c) They have been defeated by the English.
(d) Their morale has dropped.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
2. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
3. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
4. Who is the Dauphin's military adviser?
5. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)