|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the attributes given to Joan in Scene 3 that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Mental acuity.
(b) Domineering personality.
(c) Physical prowess.
(d) Physical beauty.
2. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
(a) That he needs to buy new hens.
(b) That Joan is sent by God.
(c) That the hens were just being stubborn.
(d) That their illness was easily cured.
3. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
(a) Ask for her forgiveness.
(c) Fall to their knees.
(d) Run away.
4. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
5. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
(b) To declare war on England.
(c) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
(d) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
6. The play opens in what year?
7. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
(a) Gilles de Rais.
(b) Archbishop of Rheims.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
8. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
9. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
(a) What to have for dinner.
(b) Financial matters of state.
(c) The dour state of France.
(d) A plan to overthrow the Dauphin.
10. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
(a) The English army surrenders to Joan's French army.
(b) The army's dedication to her.
(c) The blessing of the Archbishop.
(d) The fact that she has acquired an army and led it to Orleans.
11. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) They have deserted the cause.
(b) Their morale has dropped.
(c) They have been defeated by the English.
(d) They have stalled.
12. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
(a) In a stable on the outskirts of Lorraine.
(b) In a castle.
(c) In the cathedral at Rheims.
(d) In a stable on the outskirts of Champagne.
13. How does the Dauphin feel about Joan's convictions in Scene 2?
14. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Incredible insight.
(b) A quiet strength.
(c) Easy-going nature.
(d) Spiritual courage.
15. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
(a) The King of England.
(b) A military officer.
(c) The castle is abandoned.
(d) The Dauphin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, who tries to trick Joan into thinking he is the Dauphin?
2. In Scene 3, what happens right after Joan prays?
3. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
4. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
5. What is Robert's profession?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)