|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Bluebeard bring?
(a) That the war is being lost by the English.
(b) That the war is being lost by the French.
(c) That Joan is approaching the castle.
(d) That the Dauphin has passed away.
2. In Scene 3, how do the men in battle feel about Joan?
(a) They welcome her and her powers.
(b) They deny her authority.
(c) They pretend to welcome her but secretly conspire against her.
(d) They reject her because she is a woman.
3. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A magic bird.
(b) A cow.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A horse.
4. In Scene 3, what has Joan gained access to that is considered evidence of her reputation?
(a) The chasse.
(b) The Ark of the Covenant.
(c) The cathedral at Rheims.
5. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Their morale has dropped.
(b) They have stalled.
(c) They have been defeated by the English.
(d) They have deserted the cause.
6. How does the Dauphin feel about Joan's convictions in Scene 2?
7. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
(a) In a castle.
(b) In a stable on the outskirts of Lorraine.
(c) In the cathedral at Rheims.
(d) In a stable on the outskirts of Champagne.
8. In Scene 3, what is the goal of the French army?
(a) To come up with a new formation to fool the English army.
(b) To swim across the river.
(c) To defeat the English army.
(d) To find a way to obtain food for their starving troops.
9. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
10. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
(a) The castle is abandoned.
(b) The King of England.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) A military officer.
11. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
(a) Their talented oarsmen.
(b) A favorable wind.
(c) An outbound current.
(d) The presence of their commander.
12. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
(a) His castle has no running water.
(b) His political allies have turned traitor.
(c) There are no eggs for his breakfast.
(d) His wife has run off with the steward.
13. In Scene 2, who tries to trick Joan into thinking he is the Dauphin?
(a) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(b) Archbishop of Rheims.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
14. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(a) A disembodied voice.
(c) His steward.
(d) His wife.
15. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
2. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
3. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
4. In Scene 2, what does Joan ask God for?
5. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)