|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
(a) An outbound current.
(b) A favorable wind.
(c) Their talented oarsmen.
(d) The presence of their commander.
2. What country is the setting for this play?
3. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
(a) The army's dedication to her.
(b) The blessing of the Archbishop.
(c) The fact that she has acquired an army and led it to Orleans.
(d) The English army surrenders to Joan's French army.
4. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
(a) Gilles de Rais.
(b) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(c) Archbishop of Rheims.
(d) The Dauphin.
5. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(a) His steward.
(b) His wife.
(c) A disembodied voice.
6. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will regain France from the English.
(b) He will live long as the ruler of France.
(c) He will become a wise and kind ruler.
(d) He will marry the princess of Spain.
7. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A magic bird.
(c) A cow.
(d) A horse.
8. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
(a) A church.
(b) The English castle.
(c) A grotto.
(d) The Dauphin's castle.
9. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
(a) Fervor and talk of God.
(b) An heirloom sword.
(c) A big gun.
(d) Beauty and strength.
10. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
(a) That they are dismissed from his employ.
(b) That they will now have to follow Joan.
(c) That they must give him more money for a military exploit.
(d) That Joan is to be taken to the dungeon.
11. What does the French commander want his troops to attack?
(a) The English reserves.
(c) The English castle.
12. In Scene 3 when the men in the castle discuss Joan, what do they do?
(a) They doubt her faith.
(b) They debate her authenticity.
(c) They praise her strength.
(d) They debate her connection to God.
13. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
(d) Château d' Azay-le-Rideau.
14. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
(a) The hens are diseased.
(b) A fox killed the hens.
(c) Maid Joan's presence.
(d) The eggs were stepped on.
15. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
(a) There are no eggs for his breakfast.
(b) His wife has run off with the steward.
(c) His castle has no running water.
(d) His political allies have turned traitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room does Joan meet with the Dauphin?
2. In Scene 3, what happens right after Joan prays?
3. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
4. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
5. At which landmark is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)