|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
(a) The king of England.
(b) The powerful men who surround him.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
2. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
(a) The presence of their commander.
(b) Their talented oarsmen.
(c) A favorable wind.
(d) An outbound current.
3. What is one of the attributes given to Joan in Scene 3 that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Domineering personality.
(b) Mental acuity.
(c) Physical prowess.
(d) Physical beauty.
4. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
(a) Take over control of the army from the French commander.
(b) Find food for the troops.
(c) Attack the close enemy.
5. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
(a) The mice from the barn begin following her.
(b) The hens begin laying eggs again.
(c) The Blessed Virgin appears to the steward.
(d) Flowers begin to grow in her footprints.
6. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Le Compte de Chablis.
(b) Lord Chamberlain.
(c) de Richeleau.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
7. In what room does Joan meet with the Dauphin?
(a) The military strategy room.
(b) The treasury.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The throne room.
8. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
(a) The Dauphin and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(b) Archbishop of Rheims, Gilles de Rais, Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille, and the Dauphin.
(c) No one.
(d) Gilles de Rais and Archbishop of Rheims.
9. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
10. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Incredible insight.
(b) Spiritual courage.
(c) Easy-going nature.
(d) A quiet strength.
11. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
(a) Saint Margaret's and Saint Catherine's.
(b) Those of many demons.
(c) Her father's and mother's.
(d) The voices of her inner conscience.
12. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
(a) Gilles de Rais.
(b) St. Margaret.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
13. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
14. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
15. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
(a) Her forward nature.
(b) Her visions.
(c) Her boyish hairstyle and clothing.
(d) Her lack of military prowess.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
2. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
3. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
4. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
5. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)