|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
(a) A vision of the Virgin Mary scene on a hillside next to Joan's house.
(b) The drowning of a man who refused to stop taking the Lord's name in vain.
(c) Joan's refusal to enter the cathedral in her armor.
(d) Joan's dedication to seeing the Archbishop of Rheims crowned as king.
2. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
(a) An heirloom sword.
(b) Fervor and talk of God.
(c) A big gun.
(d) Beauty and strength.
3. What does the French commander want his troops to attack?
(a) The English castle.
(c) The English reserves.
4. What does Joan exhibit in Scene 3 that convinces the men in battle that she is sent by God?
(a) A vision of St. Margaret and St. Catherine.
(b) Otherworldly behavior and miracles.
(c) Control over animals.
(d) A piece of the True Cross.
5. How do the high-ranking officials feel after the Dauphin tells them his decision after speaking with Joan in Scene 2?
6. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
(a) The English castle.
(b) The Dauphin's castle.
(c) A grotto.
(d) A church.
7. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
(a) Cardinal de la Courte.
(b) Archbishop de Vaucouleurs.
(c) Father Dunois.
(d) Archbishop of Rheims.
8. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
9. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
(a) Those of many demons.
(b) The voices of her inner conscience.
(c) Her father's and mother's.
(d) Saint Margaret's and Saint Catherine's.
10. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
(b) The King.
(c) Robert de Baudricourt.
(d) The Dauphin.
11. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt and his steward.
(d) The Archbishop of Rheims and the Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
12. In Scene 3 when the men in the castle discuss Joan, what do they do?
(a) They praise her strength.
(b) They doubt her faith.
(c) They debate her authenticity.
(d) They debate her connection to God.
13. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
(c) The steward.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
14. In Scene 3, what has Joan gained access to that is considered evidence of her reputation?
(b) The Ark of the Covenant.
(c) The cathedral at Rheims.
(d) The chasse.
15. What does the French commander desperately need in Scene 3?
(a) Food for his army.
(b) A westward wind.
(c) Rest for his army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
2. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
3. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
4. In Scene 2, who tries to trick Joan into thinking he is the Dauphin?
5. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)