|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise a siege.
(b) Raise her rival's home.
(c) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
(d) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
2. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
(a) The King.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Dauphin.
3. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Le Compte de Chablis.
(b) de Richeleau.
(c) Lord Chamberlain.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
4. What is Robert's profession?
(c) Military officer.
5. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
6. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
(a) The army's dedication to her.
(b) The English army surrenders to Joan's French army.
(c) The blessing of the Archbishop.
(d) The fact that she has acquired an army and led it to Orleans.
7. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(a) His wife.
(b) A disembodied voice.
(d) His steward.
8. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Cross the river.
(b) Get organized.
(c) Come up with a competent strategy.
(d) Defeat the Spanish.
9. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
(a) The castle is abandoned.
(b) A military officer.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) The King of England.
10. In Scene 3, what is the goal of the French army?
(a) To swim across the river.
(b) To defeat the English army.
(c) To find a way to obtain food for their starving troops.
(d) To come up with a new formation to fool the English army.
11. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
(a) Her visions.
(b) Her lack of military prowess.
(c) Her forward nature.
(d) Her boyish hairstyle and clothing.
12. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) The King.
13. At which landmark is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) La Tour Eiffel.
(b) The palace.
(c) The Loire River.
(d) The Arc de Triomphe.
14. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
(a) She has heard about him in her brother's stories of war.
(b) She is a maid in his kitchen.
(c) Her father owes allegiance to him.
(d) He is her uncle.
15. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
(d) The power over life and death.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
2. How do the high-ranking officials feel after the Dauphin tells them his decision after speaking with Joan in Scene 2?
3. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
4. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
5. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)