|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
(a) The Archbishop of Rheims and the Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(b) Robert de Baudricourt and his steward.
2. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
(a) The power over life and death.
3. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
(a) A church.
(b) The English castle.
(c) The Dauphin's castle.
(d) A grotto.
4. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
(a) A good husband.
(c) The King's blessing.
5. In Scene 2, what does Joan ask God for?
6. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
(a) He thinks nothing of it.
(b) He thinks it is preposterous.
(c) He thinks it is miraculous.
(d) He thinks it is exciting.
7. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
(b) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
(c) To declare war on England.
(d) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
8. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
9. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
10. In Scene 3, what is the goal of the French army?
(a) To defeat the English army.
(b) To swim across the river.
(c) To come up with a new formation to fool the English army.
(d) To find a way to obtain food for their starving troops.
11. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
12. What is one of the attributes given to Joan in Scene 3 that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Physical beauty.
(b) Domineering personality.
(c) Mental acuity.
(d) Physical prowess.
13. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(b) His steward.
(c) A disembodied voice.
(d) His wife.
14. What is the third thing that Robert gives Joan in Scene 1?
(a) His best steed.
(b) A bag of gold coins.
(c) A wagon of food.
(d) The assistance of a few of his best men.
15. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) Robert de Baudricourt.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
2. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
3. Who is the commander of the French army in Scene 3?
4. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
5. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)