|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
(a) Take over control of the army from the French commander.
(b) Attack the close enemy.
(d) Find food for the troops.
2. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Incredible insight.
(b) Spiritual courage.
(c) A quiet strength.
(d) Easy-going nature.
3. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
4. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
5. In Scene 3 when the men in the castle discuss Joan, what do they do?
(a) They praise her strength.
(b) They debate her connection to God.
(c) They debate her authenticity.
(d) They doubt her faith.
6. The play opens in what year?
7. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
(a) Archbishop of Rheims.
(b) Gilles de Rais.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
8. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) She has heard about him in her brother's stories of war.
(c) She is a maid in his kitchen.
(d) Her father owes allegiance to him.
9. In what room does Joan meet with the Dauphin?
(a) The throne room.
(b) The treasury.
(c) The military strategy room.
(d) The kitchen.
10. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
11. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt and his steward.
(b) The Archbishop of Rheims and the Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
12. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
(a) The king of England.
(b) Robert de Baudricourt.
(d) The powerful men who surround him.
13. What is Robert's profession?
(d) Military officer.
14. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
(a) The royal decree written on parchment.
(b) The royal crown.
(c) The Dauphin's spirits.
(d) Her sword.
15. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
(b) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
(c) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
(d) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
2. Who is the Dauphin's military adviser?
3. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
4. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
5. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)