|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
(b) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
(c) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
(d) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
2. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
(a) Pray for a change in fortune.
(b) Pray for rain.
(c) Pray for food.
(d) Pray for the English army to retreat.
3. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
(a) A grotto.
(b) A church.
(c) The English castle.
(d) The Dauphin's castle.
4. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
(a) Their talented oarsmen.
(b) The presence of their commander.
(c) A favorable wind.
(d) An outbound current.
5. In Scene 2, who tries to trick Joan into thinking he is the Dauphin?
(a) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) Archbishop of Rheims.
6. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
7. How does the Dauphin feel about Joan's convictions in Scene 2?
8. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
(a) That they will now have to follow Joan.
(b) That Joan is to be taken to the dungeon.
(c) That they are dismissed from his employ.
(d) That they must give him more money for a military exploit.
9. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
(a) There are no eggs for his breakfast.
(b) His political allies have turned traitor.
(c) His castle has no running water.
(d) His wife has run off with the steward.
10. Why does the French commander not allow Joan to move forward to attack?
(a) Because the English army is too powerful.
(b) Because he thinks Joan doesn't have any idea what she is doing.
(c) Because he will not allow a woman to lead his army.
(d) Because of unfavorable wind conditions.
11. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
(a) Ask for her forgiveness.
(c) Run away.
(d) Fall to their knees.
12. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
(a) He retires to his room to consider what Joan has said.
(b) He dismisses the advisers from his presence.
(c) He asks his advisers their opinion.
(d) He bans Joan from the castle.
13. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
(a) He dyes his facial hair blue.
(b) There is a rumor that he has killed his former wives and buried them in the basement.
(c) His mother gave him that nickname as a baby.
(d) His beard is an odd shade of gray that looks bluish.
14. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
(b) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
(c) Raise her rival's home.
(d) Raise a siege.
15. In Scene 3 when the men in the castle discuss Joan, what do they do?
(a) They doubt her faith.
(b) They praise her strength.
(c) They debate her authenticity.
(d) They debate her connection to God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
2. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
3. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
4. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
5. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)