|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the high-ranking officials feel after the Dauphin tells them his decision after speaking with Joan in Scene 2?
2. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
(b) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
(c) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
(d) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
3. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
(b) Raise a siege.
(c) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
(d) Raise her rival's home.
4. What is the third thing that Robert gives Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A wagon of food.
(b) His best steed.
(c) The assistance of a few of his best men.
(d) A bag of gold coins.
5. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
(a) The fact that she has acquired an army and led it to Orleans.
(b) The English army surrenders to Joan's French army.
(c) The blessing of the Archbishop.
(d) The army's dedication to her.
6. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
(a) Bolster morale and purpose.
(b) Treat their wounds.
(c) Bring them food and water.
(d) Inspire them to battle the Russians.
7. What does Joan exhibit in Scene 3 that convinces the men in battle that she is sent by God?
(a) Control over animals.
(b) Otherworldly behavior and miracles.
(c) A vision of St. Margaret and St. Catherine.
(d) A piece of the True Cross.
8. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
(a) Pray for rain.
(b) Pray for food.
(c) Pray for the English army to retreat.
(d) Pray for a change in fortune.
9. What does the French commander want his troops to attack?
(a) The English reserves.
(b) The English castle.
10. Who is the commander of the French army in Scene 3?
(a) de Baudricourt.
(b) de la Tremouille.
(c) de Rais.
11. In what room does Joan meet with the Dauphin?
(a) The throne room.
(b) The military strategy room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The treasury.
12. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
(a) The King of England.
(b) The castle is abandoned.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) A military officer.
13. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
(a) A grotto.
(b) The Dauphin's castle.
(c) The English castle.
(d) A church.
14. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
(a) Her father owes allegiance to him.
(b) She has heard about him in her brother's stories of war.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) She is a maid in his kitchen.
15. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The King.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Dauphin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
2. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
3. How is the Dauphin described in Scene 2?
4. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
5. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)