|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Toulouse and Nice.
(b) Marseille and Lyon.
(c) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
(d) Champagne and Lorraine.
2. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
(a) That the hens were just being stubborn.
(b) That Joan is sent by God.
(c) That their illness was easily cured.
(d) That he needs to buy new hens.
3. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
4. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
(c) Planning strategy.
(d) Speaking with his second-in-command.
5. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
(a) The King.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Dauphin.
6. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) They have deserted the cause.
(b) They have been defeated by the English.
(c) They have stalled.
(d) Their morale has dropped.
7. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
(b) St. Margaret.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) Gilles de Rais.
8. In Scene 3, what has Joan gained access to that is considered evidence of her reputation?
(a) The chasse.
(b) The Ark of the Covenant.
(c) The cathedral at Rheims.
9. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
10. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
(a) His beard is an odd shade of gray that looks bluish.
(b) There is a rumor that he has killed his former wives and buried them in the basement.
(c) He dyes his facial hair blue.
(d) His mother gave him that nickname as a baby.
11. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
(a) The drowning of a man who refused to stop taking the Lord's name in vain.
(b) A vision of the Virgin Mary scene on a hillside next to Joan's house.
(c) Joan's dedication to seeing the Archbishop of Rheims crowned as king.
(d) Joan's refusal to enter the cathedral in her armor.
12. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A magic bird.
(c) A cow.
(d) A horse.
13. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt and his steward.
(d) The Archbishop of Rheims and the Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
14. What is one of the attributes given to Joan in Scene 3 that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Physical beauty.
(b) Domineering personality.
(c) Mental acuity.
(d) Physical prowess.
15. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise her rival's home.
(b) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
(c) Raise a siege.
(d) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
2. What does the French commander desperately need in Scene 3?
3. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
4. Why does the French commander not allow Joan to move forward to attack?
5. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)