Short Answer Key
1. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
2. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
Champagne and Lorraine.
3. The play opens in what year?
4. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
Robert de Baudricourt.
5. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
There are no eggs for his breakfast.
6. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
7. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
8. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
Raise a siege.
9. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
To drive the English out of...
This section contains 2,967 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)