|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joan's suggestion to the king and his advisers in Scene 5?
(a) That they continue in war.
(b) That they ally with Italy in a war against England.
(c) That they make her queen.
(d) That they trust her in all matters of state.
2. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
(b) The power over life and death.
3. How does Joan react to her colleagues' lack of enthusiasm for her plan to go to Paris in Scene 5?
(a) She agrees with them.
(b) She ignores their admonitions.
(c) She takes what they say into consideration and decides to seek battle elsewhere.
(d) She takes what they say into consideration and decides to go home.
4. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
(a) He thinks nothing of it.
(b) He thinks it is preposterous.
(c) He thinks it is exciting.
(d) He thinks it is miraculous.
5. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
Short Answer Questions
1. The play opens in what year?
2. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
3. In Scene 3 when the men in the castle discuss Joan, what do they do?
4. What did Joan alter through her military conquests?
5. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)