Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
(a) He refuses to let her in camp.
(b) He encourages her to move forward.
(c) He holds her in check.
(d) He cedes command to her.
2. Who is the Dauphin's military adviser?
(a) Gilles de Rais.
(b) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(c) Archbishop of Rheims.
(d) The Dauphin himself.
3. In Scene 3, how do the men in battle feel about Joan?
(a) They reject her because she is a woman.
(b) They welcome her and her powers.
(c) They pretend to welcome her but secretly conspire against her.
(d) They deny her authority.
4. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
(c) A ride into the nearest city.
(d) A cross.
5. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
(b) Raise her rival's home.
(c) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
(d) Raise a siege.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
2. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
3. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
4. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
5. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)