|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 4, the bishop holds out hope for ____________.
(a) A decent meal and a glass of fine wine.
(b) An English victory.
(c) The salvation of Joan's soul.
(d) The chance to burn Joan as a witch.
2. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
(a) Her sword.
(b) The royal crown.
(c) The Dauphin's spirits.
(d) The royal decree written on parchment.
3. What kind of actions does Dunois say the attempts for Paris are?
(a) Bold and courageous.
(b) Reckless and unnecessary.
(c) Cruel and disparaging.
(d) Frightening and specious.
4. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To drive the English out of France.
(b) To be able to find a rich husband.
(c) To bring peace to the kingdom.
(d) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
5. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
(a) The voices of her inner conscience.
(b) Her father's and mother's.
(c) Saint Margaret's and Saint Catherine's.
(d) Those of many demons.
Short Answer Questions
1. The play opens in what year?
2. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
3. At which landmark is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
4. Who are the Englishmen who are discussing Joan in Scene 4?
5. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)