1. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
(a) Château d' Azay-le-Rideau.
2. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Toulouse and Nice.
(b) Champagne and Lorraine.
(c) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
(d) Marseille and Lyon.
3. The play opens in what year?
4. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Le Compte de Chablis.
(b) Robert de Baudricourt.
(c) Lord Chamberlain.
(d) de Richeleau.
5. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
(a) His political allies have turned traitor.
(b) His wife has run off with the steward.
(c) There are no eggs for his breakfast.
(d) His castle has no running water.
6. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
(a) The hens.
(b) The birds.
(c) The horses.
(d) The cows.
7. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
(a) A cross.
(b) A ride into the nearest city.
This section contains 5,534 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)