1. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
(b) Château d' Azay-le-Rideau.
2. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
(b) Champagne and Lorraine.
(c) Marseille and Lyon.
(d) Toulouse and Nice.
3. The play opens in what year?
4. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt.
(b) Le Compte de Chablis.
(c) de Richeleau.
(d) Lord Chamberlain.
5. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
(a) His wife has run off with the steward.
(b) His political allies have turned traitor.
(c) There are no eggs for his breakfast.
(d) His castle has no running water.
6. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
(a) The horses.
(b) The hens.
(c) The cows.
(d) The birds.
7. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
(b) A cross.
(c) A ride into the nearest city.
This section contains 5,534 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)