|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Daphne get an in-school suspension?
2. Why does Ian want to find Thomas Dulsimore?
3. Who works for a software company, creating educational computer games?
4. Who does Daphne see at the bar after she's gone to the resume shop?
5. When Agatha returns to the Bedloe house at Thanksgiving, what does she say about how the house looks?
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the novel, Ian has an epiphany as he carries his new son downstairs to his visitors. He says "People changed other people's lives every day of the year. There was no call to make such a fuss about it." Discuss the meaning of this quote as it relates to Ian's acceptance of his role in Danny's death. Why is he no longer making a "fuss" about it?
Essay Topic 2
How does Ian feel about Daphne? Is he closer to her than to Agatha and Thomas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How did Ian receive a second chance when he joined the church? Show the progression of Ian's commitment to the church and how it provided him with a source of comfort and support.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)