|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has to pick up Daphne every day after school when she's sixteen?
2. Who has the dream that a fat stranger will be hanging around Ian?
3. What is Agatha studying in college?
4. Who is not the type to carry a grudge, even when Agatha, Thomas, and Daphne have misbehaved with company?
5. What message did Sister Harriet's receive from her dream about speaking in gibberish in front of a blackboard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What condition is the sewing box in when Daphne and Agatha find it in the closet?
2. Why does Doug want to keep particular items of Bee's when the children are cleaning out the house?
3. When Rita begins talking about having children, why is Ian reluctant at first?
4. What does Ian discover when he visits Mrs. Millet?
5. Why does Daphne call Ian "Saint Maybe"?
6. Describe Eli Everjohn.
7. When Rita begins to bleed while she's at the bar, how does Daphne's boyfriend Curt take charge of the situation?
8. How does Ian respond to Reverend Emmett advice to "view your burden as a gift"?
9. Why is it significant that Ian discovers Lucy's jewelry box with her important papers?
10. How does Ian think Daphne reminds him of Lucy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bee says "We've had such extraordinary troubles...and somehow they've turned us ordinary. That's what so hard to figure. We're not a special family anymore." Discuss how Bee saw her family as special before Danny's death, and why she believes they are ordinary afterwards. Do you agree or disagree with Bee's comment? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What specific details are used to describe Ariana Pennington? What is it about her that makes the children believe she would be a perfect wife for Ian? Why does Ian seem uninterested?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of person is Rita? How does she influence the Bedloe household in positive ways? Does she help make the Bedloe family extraordinary again?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)