|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies in Chapter Nine?
2. What is Curt's profession?
3. Who has the dream that a fat stranger will be hanging around Ian?
4. What happens when Agatha tries to wash the sheets at Thanksgiving time?
5. Why did the linen closet get wet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eli Everjohn.
2. Why does Doug want to keep particular items of Bee's when the children are cleaning out the house?
3. What does Daphne hang on the wall in the living room with the other family pictures?
4. What clothes does Daphne choose to wear to the dinner party?
5. What condition is the sewing box in when Daphne and Agatha find it in the closet?
6. Why do the children think that Ian needs a wife?
7. When Rita begins talking about having children, why is Ian reluctant at first?
8. How does Miss Pennington respond to Ian at the dinner party?
9. What does the Church of the Second Chance do when Reverend Emmett has a heart attack?
10. In Chapter Ten, what is Agatha's memory of recovering from the flu by eating Hearts of Palm salad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Ian make the wrong choice to tell Danny his suspicions about Lucy? How does he avoid interfering in people's lives after Danny's death?
Essay Topic 2
What does Danny find appealing about Lucy? How does she change his life? Provide specific textual examples to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
How does Ian feel about Daphne? Is he closer to her than to Agatha and Thomas? Why or why not?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)