|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Danny and Lucy first meet?
2. What happens to the foreigners' car after they install a garage door opener?
3. What table does Agatha get to sit at during Claudia's birthday party?
4. In Chapter One, who wears a pink barrette to meet her son from school?
5. Who is Mr. Rumford?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ian's suspicions about Lucy's behavior influence Danny's death?
2. How does Doug get involved with the foreigners on Waverly Street?
3. What is the setting for the Church's indoor picnic?
4. Explain how Reverend Emmett founded The Church of the Second Chance.
5. Why does Thomas follow the rule of not eating sugar so that he will be considered a good Christian?
6. Why are all the kids at Camp Second Chance terrified of Sister Audrey?
7. Describe the way things have changed in the Bedloe household by the Christmas after Lucy death.
8. Describe Waverly Street.
9. What happens when Lucy calls Mr. Rumford's house?
10. Describe Ian Bedloe when he was still in high school.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bee says "We've had such extraordinary troubles...and somehow they've turned us ordinary. That's what so hard to figure. We're not a special family anymore." Discuss how Bee saw her family as special before Danny's death, and why she believes they are ordinary afterwards. Do you agree or disagree with Bee's comment? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person is Rita? How does she influence the Bedloe household in positive ways? Does she help make the Bedloe family extraordinary again?
Essay Topic 3
Identify two characters outside of the Bedloe family who have an important impact on them. How do these characters change the family in significant ways?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)