|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Three, what is Ian watching through a microscope in science class?
2. Who is Ian's girlfriend since ninth grade?
3. In Chapter One, who wears a pink barrette to meet her son from school?
4. Who stays at Claudia's birthday party for only a few minutes before leaving with some friends from college?
5. What does Lucy send to her ex-husband by airmail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lucy taking pills and sleeping all the time?
2. Describe the way things have changed in the Bedloe household by the Christmas after Lucy death.
3. Describe Waverly Street.
4. Explain how Agatha tries to care for her baby sister, Daphne.
5. How did Danny and Lucy meet?
6. Why does Lucy visit the typewriter shop?
7. What is the setting for the Church's indoor picnic?
8. How does Doug get involved with the foreigners on Waverly Street?
9. Describe the events surrounding Lucy's death.
10. Describe Ian Bedloe when he was still in high school.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Ian make the wrong choice to tell Danny his suspicions about Lucy? How does he avoid interfering in people's lives after Danny's death?
Essay Topic 2
How does Ian feel about Daphne? Is he closer to her than to Agatha and Thomas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bee says "We've had such extraordinary troubles...and somehow they've turned us ordinary. That's what so hard to figure. We're not a special family anymore." Discuss how Bee saw her family as special before Danny's death, and why she believes they are ordinary afterwards. Do you agree or disagree with Bee's comment? Why or why not?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)