|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ian sending Agatha, Thomas, and Daphne for Day Camp?
2. Who is born on Ian's birthday, January 2?
3. Who is watching her relative's large horse farm where the Church has an indoor picnic?
4. Whom does Ian invite to the Church of the Second Chance's picnic?
5. Where does Ian work the summer after Danny's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ian end up taking care of the children when he comes home for Lucy's funeral?
2. Why does Ian take a leave from absence from college to take care of Daphne, Thomas, and Agatha?
3. What does Doug Bedloe do to find Agatha and Thomas' father?
4. Describe Waverly Street.
5. How is Ian absorbing the reality of Danny's death?
6. Why does Agatha hide Lucy's important papers in the jewelry box?
7. Describe Ian Bedloe when he was still in high school.
8. Explain Ian's reasons for sending the children to Second Chance Day Camp.
9. Explain how Agatha tries to care for her baby sister, Daphne.
10. What does "difficult ages" mean to Bee and why do they have their own table at family celebrations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of person is Agatha? Do you think she had a difficult life, and how did her life shape her as a person?
Essay Topic 2
Bee says "We've had such extraordinary troubles...and somehow they've turned us ordinary. That's what so hard to figure. We're not a special family anymore." Discuss how Bee saw her family as special before Danny's death, and why she believes they are ordinary afterwards. Do you agree or disagree with Bee's comment? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Ian describes Daphne as a fierce little girl who had to fend for herself as a child. Discuss how this is reflected in Daphne's desire to take chances and live fully as a young woman.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)