|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the car ride home after the picnic, who says that Ian is a whole different person?
2. When Claudia brings a casserole to the house in Chapter Five, what does she remark on?
3. Who starts a fire in the attic while trying to install an intercom?
4. What does Agatha tell Ian to do when he tries to stop Daphne from crying in Chapter Three?
5. Whose suit is rucked up around his ankles from static cling, so that he looks like he's wading in the ocean?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Ian's suspicions about Lucy's behavior influence Danny's death?
2. How does the Bedloe family react to Lucy when they first meet her?
3. Describe Waverly Street.
4. How is Ian absorbing the reality of Danny's death?
5. What does "difficult ages" mean to Bee and why do they have their own table at family celebrations?
6. How does Claudia try to help her mother?
7. What reasons does Bee give for why the Bedloe family is ordinary?
8. Describe the way things have changed in the Bedloe household by the Christmas after Lucy death.
9. Why does Agatha hide Lucy's important papers in the jewelry box?
10. Why does Ian take a leave from absence from college to take care of Daphne, Thomas, and Agatha?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the airmailed bowling ball. Why do you think Lucy spends so much time making her decision to send it express? What is the significance of Danny's reaction to her choice to send it airmail?
Essay Topic 2
How does Ian feel about Daphne? Is he closer to her than to Agatha and Thomas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What does Danny find appealing about Lucy? How does she change his life? Provide specific textual examples to support your discussion.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)