|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Bee take care of Lucy's children?
2. After the picnic, what does Bee admit to herself, and to Doug, about Lucy's children?
3. Whom does Bee talk about to Doug on the car ride home after the picnic?
4. What does Doug Bedloe teach at the high school?
5. What does Kenny Larson's doctor say the children need before they can go in the above ground pool?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "difficult ages" mean to Bee and why do they have their own table at family celebrations?
2. How does Claudia try to help her mother?
3. Explain how Reverend Emmett founded The Church of the Second Chance.
4. How did Danny and Lucy meet?
5. How does Ian end up taking care of the children when he comes home for Lucy's funeral?
6. Describe Waverly Street.
7. Do Agatha and Thomas like Ian? Why or why not?
8. How does Ian show himself to be a hero at the Church of the Second Chance indoor picnic?
9. What does Grandma Bedloe find when she and Ian arrive with a basketful of food?
10. Why does Ian take a leave from absence from college to take care of Daphne, Thomas, and Agatha?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Ian make the wrong choice to tell Danny his suspicions about Lucy? How does he avoid interfering in people's lives after Danny's death?
Essay Topic 2
Identify two characters outside of the Bedloe family who have an important impact on them. How do these characters change the family in significant ways?
Essay Topic 3
Explain Doug Bedloe's role in the family. Do you think he is a character who sits on the sidelines of his family's life? Why or why not?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)