|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Danny and Lucy first meet?
2. What does Doug Bedloe teach at the high school?
3. Where is Ian sending Agatha, Thomas, and Daphne for Day Camp?
4. What does Claudia bring her mother to help with her arthritis?
5. Who says, "It's the people who don't know the answers who are going to heaven, I tell you"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Agatha tries to care for her baby sister, Daphne.
2. How is Ian absorbing the reality of Danny's death?
3. Explain Ian's reasons for sending the children to Second Chance Day Camp.
4. What does "difficult ages" mean to Bee and why do they have their own table at family celebrations?
5. How does Doug get involved with the foreigners on Waverly Street?
6. How does the Bedloe family react to Lucy when they first meet her?
7. How did Danny and Lucy meet?
8. Explain how Reverend Emmett founded The Church of the Second Chance.
9. Why is Lucy taking pills and sleeping all the time?
10. How does Claudia try to help her mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify two characters outside of the Bedloe family who have an important impact on them. How do these characters change the family in significant ways?
Essay Topic 2
How does Ian feel about Daphne? Is he closer to her than to Agatha and Thomas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Dreams play an important role in Saint Maybe by giving us insight into characters' thoughts and feelings. What dreams stand out in the story? What do they tell you about certain characters? Provide specific examples to support your viewpoint.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)