|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daphne want to take to Day Camp as a toddler?
2. When Mr. Belling comes to visit Lucy in the apartment over the pharmacy, what does he give Agatha and Thomas?
3. What is Lucy wearing on her feet when she cleans up the water in the bathroom?
4. Who says, "It's the people who don't know the answers who are going to heaven, I tell you"?
5. What does Bee think her family has turned into now that Danny is gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are all the kids at Camp Second Chance terrified of Sister Audrey?
2. Why is Doug Bedloe bored with retirement?
3. Why does Lucy visit the typewriter shop?
4. Explain Ian's reasons for sending the children to Second Chance Day Camp.
5. Describe the way things have changed in the Bedloe household by the Christmas after Lucy death.
6. Describe Waverly Street.
7. How do Ian's suspicions about Lucy's behavior influence Danny's death?
8. Do Agatha and Thomas like Ian? Why or why not?
9. Explain how Agatha tries to care for her baby sister, Daphne.
10. What is the setting for the Church's indoor picnic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of person is Agatha? Do you think she had a difficult life, and how did her life shape her as a person?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the importance of setting in the novel, particularly the Bedloe's home. How does the interior setting reflect the state of mind of the family? When the house gets messy and in disrepair, what is happening in the Bedloe's lives?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of person is Rita? How does she influence the Bedloe household in positive ways? Does she help make the Bedloe family extraordinary again?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)