|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the children at the Church Day Camp feel about Sister Audrey?
2. What did the church women serve for dessert at the indoor picnic?
3. Who wears plaid shirts, ripped jeans, and high tops held together with electrical tape to school?
4. Who quit college to work for the post office?
5. Whom does Ian invite to the Church of the Second Chance's picnic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Waverly Street.
2. Explain Ian's reasons for sending the children to Second Chance Day Camp.
3. How did Danny and Lucy meet?
4. What happens when Lucy calls Mr. Rumford's house?
5. How does Claudia try to help her mother?
6. Do Agatha and Thomas like Ian? Why or why not?
7. Explain how Agatha tries to care for her baby sister, Daphne.
8. How does Ian show himself to be a hero at the Church of the Second Chance indoor picnic?
9. Describe Ian Bedloe when he was still in high school.
10. Why does Lucy visit the typewriter shop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Reverend Emmett as a force of change in Ian's life. In what way does he influence Ian to accept his role as the children's caregiver? Does he help Ian to better understand himself? Provide at least two textual examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Ian feel about Daphne? Is he closer to her than to Agatha and Thomas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Dreams play an important role in Saint Maybe by giving us insight into characters' thoughts and feelings. What dreams stand out in the story? What do they tell you about certain characters? Provide specific examples to support your viewpoint.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)