|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ian take his parents at Sumner College?
2. What does Daphne want to take to Day Camp as a toddler?
3. After the picnic, what does Bee admit to herself, and to Doug, about Lucy's children?
4. What does Lucy send to her ex-husband by airmail?
5. When Lucy calls Mr. Rumford one evening, who answers the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ian's uneasiness with Daphne and Gideon's relationship.
2. Explain how Agatha tries to care for her baby sister, Daphne.
3. How does Ian respond to Reverend Emmett advice to "view your burden as a gift"?
4. Describe Ian Bedloe when he was still in high school.
5. Describe Eli Everjohn.
6. Do Agatha and Thomas like Ian? Why or why not?
7. How did Danny and Lucy meet?
8. Explain Ian's reasons for sending the children to Second Chance Day Camp.
9. Describe Waverly Street.
10. Describe Ariana Pennington's appearance.
Essay Topic 1
How does Ian feel about Daphne? Is he closer to her than to Agatha and Thomas? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How did Ian receive a second chance when he joined the church? Show the progression of Ian's commitment to the church and how it provided him with a source of comfort and support.
Essay Topic 3
Describe several instances of the way humor is used in Saint Maybe. Does Anne Tyler use humor effectively? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,480 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)