|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the book, who tells Reverend Emmett that she's thinking of joining his church?
2. Why does Ian want to find Thomas Dulsimore?
(a) To give him Lucy's important papers.
(b) So Agatha and Thomas will know their genetic history.
(c) To let Agatha and Thomas visit him.
(d) To receive child support.
3. In Chapter Ten, how long have Rita and Ian been married?
(a) Four months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
4. Why did the linen closet get wet?
(a) The roof had a leak in it.
(b) Thomas was playing with water balloons.
(c) Agatha dumped a pail of water in it by accident.
(d) The water pipe broke.
5. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett before the prayer meeting at the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) He no longer wants to go to prayer meeting.
(b) That Daphne is not attending prayer meeting.
(c) He has decided not to go into the ministry.
(d) His furniture is ready.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is fifteen and does not want to attend church anymore?
2. What did Miss Pennington wear to the Parent/Teacher conference?
3. What message did Sister Harriet's receive from her dream about speaking in gibberish in front of a blackboard?
4. What kind of baby gift do the foreigners give Ian and Rita?
5. On Saturdays, what does the Church of the Second Chance do?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)