|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Saturdays, what does the Church of the Second Chance do?
(a) Cleans the church.
(b) Performs good works for people.
(c) Prayer meetings.
(d) Takes the day off.
2. Where does Ian go to find Daphne after school gets out at noon time?
(b) Sarah Locklear's.
(d) Sister Jessie's.
3. Who does Daphne see at the bar after she's gone to the resume shop?
4. After divorcing Thomas Dulsimore, where did Lucy move?
(a) Caro Mill.
5. Why does Thomas say Ian is playing hard to get when Ian returns from the Parent/Teacher conference?
(a) He won't talk with Miss Pennington.
(b) He declines an invitation to the movies.
(c) He moves his arm away when Miss Pennington touches him.
(d) He flirts with Miss Pennington.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sister Jessie celebrate joining the Church of the Second Chance?
2. Who is Thomas Robert Dulsimore?
3. Where is Daphne working in Chapter Ten?
4. What does Rita serve for dinner on Christmas Eve?
5. Why does Rita have to go to the hospital when she and Ian are with Daphne and Curt at the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Church of the Second Chance do when Reverend Emmett has a heart attack?
2. What clothes does Daphne choose to wear to the dinner party?
3. When Rita begins talking about having children, why is Ian reluctant at first?
4. When Rita begins to bleed while she's at the bar, how does Daphne's boyfriend Curt take charge of the situation?
5. What does Ian discover when he visits Mrs. Millet?
6. How does Ian think Daphne reminds him of Lucy?
7. Why do the children think that Ian needs a wife?
8. Explain Ian's response to the birth of his son.
9. How does Ian respond to Reverend Emmett advice to "view your burden as a gift"?
10. Why is it significant that Ian discovers Lucy's jewelry box with her important papers?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)