|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rita serve for dinner on Christmas Eve?
(b) Roast beef.
(d) Black-eyed peas and rice.
2. On Saturdays, what does the Church of the Second Chance do?
(a) Takes the day off.
(b) Cleans the church.
(c) Prayer meetings.
(d) Performs good works for people.
3. Who is fifteen and does not want to attend church anymore?
4. Who is the Church Maiden?
(a) Choral group.
(b) The perfect woman Ian hopes to meet through church.
(c) A woman who cleans the church.
(d) A statue Ian sees at church.
5. Who insists that Ian attend a Parent/Teacher conference?
(c) Miss Pennington.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sister Jessie celebrate joining the Church of the Second Chance?
2. What relationship does Daphne plan for Miss Pennington in Chapter Seven?
3. When Daphne has trouble finding a full-time job, where does she start working part-time?
4. Where does Ian go to find Daphne after school gets out at noon time?
5. When Agatha is going through Bee's belongings after her death, what does she want to send to Claudia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ian's reaction when Reverend Emmett suggests that he train for the ministry.
2. Why do the members of the Church of the Second Chance pitch in to paint Reverend Emmett's house?
3. Why does Daphne call Ian "Saint Maybe"?
4. Why does Doug want to keep particular items of Bee's when the children are cleaning out the house?
5. Describe Eli Everjohn.
6. What is the significance of Rita's choice of black-eyed peas and rice for Christmas Eve dinner?
7. How is it evident that Daphne just wants what's best for her uncle Ian?
8. How does Miss Pennington respond to Ian at the dinner party?
9. What condition is the sewing box in when Daphne and Agatha find it in the closet?
10. What does the Church of the Second Chance do when Reverend Emmett has a heart attack?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)