|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who declines Ian's invitation to walk her home after the dinner party?
(a) Mrs. Kitt.
(b) Miss Pennington.
(d) Sister Harriet.
2. Why does Thomas say Ian is playing hard to get when Ian returns from the Parent/Teacher conference?
(a) He won't talk with Miss Pennington.
(b) He flirts with Miss Pennington.
(c) He declines an invitation to the movies.
(d) He moves his arm away when Miss Pennington touches him.
3. What grade did Sister Harriet teach?
4. Who is Thomas Robert Dulsimore?
(a) Doug's uncle.
(b) Reverend Emmett's friend.
(c) Lucy's first husband.
(d) Eli Everjohn's cousin.
5. In Chapter Ten, how long have Rita and Ian been married?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Four months.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cicely living now that Ian is involved in the Church of the Second Chance?
2. Who does Daphne see at the bar after she's gone to the resume shop?
3. When Agatha is going through Bee's belongings after her death, what does she want to send to Claudia?
4. What did Ian go to the market for when Agatha and Thomas were sick with the flu?
5. At the end of the book, who tells Reverend Emmett that she's thinking of joining his church?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Ten, what is Agatha's memory of recovering from the flu by eating Hearts of Palm salad?
2. How does Miss Pennington respond to Ian at the dinner party?
3. Why do the children think that Ian needs a wife?
4. Describe Ariana Pennington's appearance.
5. Why does Daphne call Ian "Saint Maybe"?
6. Why does Agatha refuse to go to church once she's fifteen?
7. Describe Agatha's appearance when she returns for Thanksgiving after her mother has died.
8. What does the Church of the Second Chance do when Reverend Emmett has a heart attack?
9. What condition is the sewing box in when Daphne and Agatha find it in the closet?
10. How is it evident that Daphne just wants what's best for her uncle Ian?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)