|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Daphne worked for a year, the longest job she's ever had?
(a) Florist shop.
(b) Fill 'Er Up Cafe.
2. Who is the Church's certified vagrant?
(a) Mrs. Jordan.
(b) Eli Everjohn.
(d) Mr. Kitt.
3. At the end of the book, who tells Reverend Emmett that she's thinking of joining his church?
4. Where are the ceramic tiles from that Ian brings home while Rita is there?
5. What is Curt's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Thomas Robert Dulsimore?
2. How did Thomas Dulsimore die?
3. Who is fifteen and does not want to attend church anymore?
4. Who announces his engagement on Christmas Eve?
5. On a vacation, how do the children react to Ian's swimming out beyond the breakers until he is just a dot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Ian's response to the birth of his son.
2. What does Ian discover when he visits Mrs. Millet?
3. Why does Doug want to keep particular items of Bee's when the children are cleaning out the house?
4. What does the Church of the Second Chance do when Reverend Emmett has a heart attack?
5. When Rita begins talking about having children, why is Ian reluctant at first?
6. What clothes does Daphne choose to wear to the dinner party?
7. Why do the members of the Church of the Second Chance pitch in to paint Reverend Emmett's house?
8. In Chapter Ten, what is Agatha's memory of recovering from the flu by eating Hearts of Palm salad?
9. When does Ian tell Reverend Emmett that he will not train for the ministry?
10. What kind of cradle does Ian build in Chapter Ten?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)