|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the Queen and King of their senior prom?
(a) Lucy and Thomas.
(b) Lucy and Danny.
(c) Lucy and Gary.
(d) Lucy and Andrew.
2. At the end of the book, who tells Reverend Emmett that she's thinking of joining his church?
3. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett after the Prayer Meeting in Chapter Six?
(a) He feels he is wasting his life.
(b) He wants advice on adopting the children.
(c) He wants more prayer time.
(d) He needs help finding a job.
4. Where does Rita tell Ian that she thinks she's pregnant?
(a) At church.
(b) At home.
(c) While waiting for the doctor.
(d) At the hospital.
5. Where has Daphne worked for a year, the longest job she's ever had?
(a) Florist shop.
(b) Fill 'Er Up Cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Everyone at the Bedloe house cleans the house after Thanksiving except:
2. What kind of work do Daphne and Rita plan to become partners in?
3. What advice does Reverend Emmett give Ian as they are walking home after the prayer meeting in Chapter Six?
4. Who insists that Ian attend a Parent/Teacher conference?
5. What does Rita serve for Christmas dinner while she's pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Rita begins talking about having children, why is Ian reluctant at first?
2. What kind of cradle does Ian build in Chapter Ten?
3. Describe Agatha's appearance when she returns for Thanksgiving after her mother has died.
4. What is the significance of Rita's choice of black-eyed peas and rice for Christmas Eve dinner?
5. When Rita begins to bleed while she's at the bar, how does Daphne's boyfriend Curt take charge of the situation?
6. Why is it significant that Ian discovers Lucy's jewelry box with her important papers?
7. What does the Church of the Second Chance do when Reverend Emmett has a heart attack?
8. What condition is the sewing box in when Daphne and Agatha find it in the closet?
9. How does Ian respond to Reverend Emmett advice to "view your burden as a gift"?
10. Describe Daphne's dream that she tells her family and guests at the dinner party.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)