|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Daphne remind Ian of?
2. When Agatha is going through Bee's belongings after her death, what does she want to send to Claudia?
(c) Pots and pans.
3. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett before the prayer meeting at the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) That Daphne is not attending prayer meeting.
(b) He has decided not to go into the ministry.
(c) His furniture is ready.
(d) He no longer wants to go to prayer meeting.
4. What do Agatha and Daphne find in the cedar chest at the foot of Bee's bed?
(b) Hats and gloves.
(c) Photo albums.
5. What grade does Miss Pennington teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the Queen and King of their senior prom?
2. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett after the Prayer Meeting in Chapter Six?
3. Where does Ian go to find Daphne after school gets out at noon time?
4. What kind of baby gift do the foreigners give Ian and Rita?
5. What kind of baby cradle does Ian make?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it evident that Daphne just wants what's best for her uncle Ian?
2. What is the significance of Rita's choice of black-eyed peas and rice for Christmas Eve dinner?
3. When Rita begins to bleed while she's at the bar, how does Daphne's boyfriend Curt take charge of the situation?
4. What does the Church of the Second Chance do when Reverend Emmett has a heart attack?
5. What does Ian discover when he visits Mrs. Millet?
6. Describe Ariana Pennington's appearance.
7. Describe Agatha's appearance when she returns for Thanksgiving after her mother has died.
8. Why do the children think that Ian needs a wife?
9. How does Miss Pennington respond to Ian at the dinner party?
10. What kind of cradle does Ian build in Chapter Ten?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)