|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Bobbeen and Rita?
(b) Mother and daughter.
(d) Aunt and niece.
2. What is unusual about the weather in May of 1988?
(a) It is hot, dry and sunny.
(b) It is cloudy with some sunshine.
(c) It is foggy.
(d) It rains almost every day.
3. Everyone at the Bedloe house cleans the house after Thanksiving except:
(c) Stuart and Doug.
4. What message did Sister Harriet's receive from her dream about speaking in gibberish in front of a blackboard?
(a) She needed to spend more time preparing for class.
(b) She needed more sleep.
(c) A message from God to get out of teaching.
(d) It reinforced her desire to communicate with the students.
5. In Chapter Nine, who is Ian thinking of marrying?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ian discover about the name Lucy Dean?
2. Who is Mrs. Millet?
3. Where is Daphne working in Chapter Ten?
4. What grade does Miss Pennington teach?
5. What grade did Sister Harriet teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Ian's response to the birth of his son.
2. Why do the members of the Church of the Second Chance pitch in to paint Reverend Emmett's house?
3. Describe Ian's uneasiness with Daphne and Gideon's relationship.
4. Describe Daphne's dream that she tells her family and guests at the dinner party.
5. What condition is the sewing box in when Daphne and Agatha find it in the closet?
6. Describe Ian's reaction when Reverend Emmett suggests that he train for the ministry.
7. Why does Doug want to keep particular items of Bee's when the children are cleaning out the house?
8. Describe Eli Everjohn.
9. Describe Ariana Pennington's appearance.
10. Why does Daphne call Ian "Saint Maybe"?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)