|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Nine, who is Ian thinking of marrying?
2. Where has Daphne worked for a year, the longest job she's ever had?
(c) Fill 'Er Up Cafe.
(d) Florist shop.
3. Where is Daphne working in Chapter Ten?
(a) Triple A.
(b) Trips Unlimited.
(c) Travel Away.
(d) Destinations Unknown.
4. Who declines Ian's invitation to walk her home after the dinner party?
(a) Mrs. Kitt.
(b) Sister Harriet.
(d) Miss Pennington.
5. What is unusual about the weather in May of 1988?
(a) It is cloudy with some sunshine.
(b) It is hot, dry and sunny.
(c) It is foggy.
(d) It rains almost every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Thomas going to college?
2. What is the name of Rita and Ian's new baby?
3. What did Ian go to the market for when Agatha and Thomas were sick with the flu?
4. What is Agatha studying in college?
5. Who is Thomas Robert Dulsimore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Church of the Second Chance do when Reverend Emmett has a heart attack?
2. When does Ian tell Reverend Emmett that he will not train for the ministry?
3. What does Daphne hang on the wall in the living room with the other family pictures?
4. In Chapter Ten, what is Agatha's memory of recovering from the flu by eating Hearts of Palm salad?
5. Why does Daphne call Ian "Saint Maybe"?
6. What kind of cradle does Ian build in Chapter Ten?
7. How does Ian respond to Reverend Emmett advice to "view your burden as a gift"?
8. Why do the children think that Ian needs a wife?
9. Why does Doug want to keep particular items of Bee's when the children are cleaning out the house?
10. Describe Ariana Pennington's appearance.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)