|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who urges Daphne to move out of the Bedloe home and find a place of her own?
(a) Her friends.
2. What does Daphne encourage Ian to do when he's driving her home and they see a motorist in a green Ford?
(b) Pass him.
(c) Shout at him.
(d) Beep the horn.
3. Who calls Ian "Saint Maybe"?
(d) Reverend Emmett.
4. Who insists that Ian attend a Parent/Teacher conference?
(c) Miss Pennington.
5. Who is Rita?
(a) The household organizer.
(b) Daphne's boss.
(c) Church member.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rita have to go to the hospital when she and Ian are with Daphne and Curt at the bar?
2. What happens when Agatha tries to wash the sheets at Thanksgiving time?
3. Why does Thomas say Ian is playing hard to get when Ian returns from the Parent/Teacher conference?
4. Who is the Church Maiden?
5. On Saturdays, what does the Church of the Second Chance do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Agatha ask her siblings "What's happened to Ian?"
2. Why do the members of the Church of the Second Chance pitch in to paint Reverend Emmett's house?
3. Describe Agatha's appearance when she returns for Thanksgiving after her mother has died.
4. Explain Ian's response to the birth of his son.
5. When Rita begins to bleed while she's at the bar, how does Daphne's boyfriend Curt take charge of the situation?
6. When Rita begins talking about having children, why is Ian reluctant at first?
7. What condition is the sewing box in when Daphne and Agatha find it in the closet?
8. Why does Agatha refuse to go to church once she's fifteen?
9. Why does Doug want to keep particular items of Bee's when the children are cleaning out the house?
10. In Chapter Ten, what is Agatha's memory of recovering from the flu by eating Hearts of Palm salad?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)