|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in Chapter Nine?
2. What does Reverend Emmett tell Ian when he calls him to announce that Rita has given birth?
(a) To make sure he calls his mother.
(b) To start eating healthier foods.
(c) That he'll be a good father.
(d) To pray every day.
3. Who calls Ian "Saint Maybe"?
(c) Reverend Emmett.
4. What happens when Agatha tries to wash the sheets at Thanksgiving time?
(a) The washer is broken.
(b) The sheets get torn.
(c) The washer has too many suds.
(d) The colors get bleached.
5. In Chapter Nine, who is Ian thinking of marrying?
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade did Sister Harriet teach?
2. What is the name of Rita and Ian's new baby?
3. Who were the Queen and King of their senior prom?
4. Whom does Daphne remind Ian of?
5. Why does Ian want to find Thomas Dulsimore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clothes does Daphne choose to wear to the dinner party?
2. How does Ian think Daphne reminds him of Lucy?
3. What is the weather in the spring of 1988?
4. What does the Church of the Second Chance do when Reverend Emmett has a heart attack?
5. Why does Daphne call Ian "Saint Maybe"?
6. What is the significance of Rita's choice of black-eyed peas and rice for Christmas Eve dinner?
7. Describe Agatha's appearance when she returns for Thanksgiving after her mother has died.
8. How does Ian respond to Reverend Emmett advice to "view your burden as a gift"?
9. Why do the children think that Ian needs a wife?
10. What kind of cradle does Ian build in Chapter Ten?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)