|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Daphne has trouble finding a full-time job, where does she start working part-time?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) For the elementary school.
(c) With Ian in the wood shop.
(d) At the library.
2. In Chapter Nine, who is Ian thinking of marrying?
3. Who is not the type to carry a grudge, even when Agatha, Thomas, and Daphne have misbehaved with company?
(c) Sister Harriet.
4. Who calls Ian "Saint Maybe"?
(b) Reverend Emmett.
5. Who urges Daphne to move out of the Bedloe home and find a place of her own?
(c) Her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agatha is going through Bee's belongings after her death, what does she want to send to Claudia?
2. Where is Thomas going to college?
3. Who were the Queen and King of their senior prom?
4. What does Reverend Emmett tell Ian when he calls him to announce that Rita has given birth?
5. Who dies in Chapter Nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What condition is the sewing box in when Daphne and Agatha find it in the closet?
2. What does Daphne hang on the wall in the living room with the other family pictures?
3. Describe Ian's reaction when Reverend Emmett suggests that he train for the ministry.
4. Why do the children think that Ian needs a wife?
5. Describe Ian's uneasiness with Daphne and Gideon's relationship.
6. Why does Doug want to keep particular items of Bee's when the children are cleaning out the house?
7. In Chapter Ten, what is Agatha's memory of recovering from the flu by eating Hearts of Palm salad?
8. How is it evident that Daphne just wants what's best for her uncle Ian?
9. When does Ian tell Reverend Emmett that he will not train for the ministry?
10. Describe Ariana Pennington's appearance.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)