|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Ian see Gideon leaving school with in Chapter Eight?
(a) Blonde haired girl.
(d) Redheaded girl.
2. Where does Ian go to find Daphne after school gets out at noon time?
(c) Sarah Locklear's.
(d) Sister Jessie's.
3. When Daphne has trouble finding a full-time job, where does she start working part-time?
(a) With Ian in the wood shop.
(b) For the elementary school.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At the library.
4. Where does Ian meet Eli Everjohn?
(a) At Reverend Emmett's house.
(b) At his mother's house.
(c) At a bar.
(d) At his office.
5. What is the cold, white sauce that Reverend Emmett asks Ian to bring to dinner?
(a) Ranch dressing.
(b) Onion dip.
(c) Clam dip.
(d) Alfredo sauce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rita?
2. What kind of baby gift do the foreigners give Ian and Rita?
3. What kind of work do Daphne and Rita plan to become partners in?
4. What kind of baby cradle does Ian make?
5. What happens to Reverend Emmett in Chapter Eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ian think Daphne reminds him of Lucy?
2. What is the significance of Rita's choice of black-eyed peas and rice for Christmas Eve dinner?
3. Describe Ariana Pennington's appearance.
4. In Chapter Ten, what is Agatha's memory of recovering from the flu by eating Hearts of Palm salad?
5. What does Daphne hang on the wall in the living room with the other family pictures?
6. Describe Eli Everjohn.
7. What is the weather in the spring of 1988?
8. How is it evident that Daphne just wants what's best for her uncle Ian?
9. How does Miss Pennington respond to Ian at the dinner party?
10. When does Ian tell Reverend Emmett that he will not train for the ministry?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)