|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Daphne has trouble finding a full-time job, where does she start working part-time?
(a) At the library.
(b) For the elementary school.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) With Ian in the wood shop.
2. Where are the ceramic tiles from that Ian brings home while Rita is there?
3. What does Daphne encourage Ian to do when he's driving her home and they see a motorist in a green Ford?
(a) Shout at him.
(c) Pass him.
(d) Beep the horn.
4. What is the relationship between Bobbeen and Rita?
(b) Mother and daughter.
(d) Aunt and niece.
5. What does Rita serve for dinner on Christmas Eve?
(b) Black-eyed peas and rice.
(d) Roast beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Ian "Saint Maybe"?
2. Whom does Daphne remind Ian of?
3. What advice does Reverend Emmett give Ian as they are walking home after the prayer meeting in Chapter Six?
4. Who is the Church's certified vagrant?
5. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett after the Prayer Meeting in Chapter Six?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Daphne's dream that she tells her family and guests at the dinner party.
2. What clothes does Daphne choose to wear to the dinner party?
3. Why do the children think that Ian needs a wife?
4. Why does Agatha refuse to go to church once she's fifteen?
5. Why does Agatha ask her siblings "What's happened to Ian?"
6. Describe Ian's reaction when Reverend Emmett suggests that he train for the ministry.
7. In Chapter Ten, what is Agatha's memory of recovering from the flu by eating Hearts of Palm salad?
8. How does Ian respond to Reverend Emmett advice to "view your burden as a gift"?
9. Describe Ariana Pennington's appearance.
10. What is the weather in the spring of 1988?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)