|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett before the prayer meeting at the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) That Daphne is not attending prayer meeting.
(b) He has decided not to go into the ministry.
(c) His furniture is ready.
(d) He no longer wants to go to prayer meeting.
2. What does Daphne shout to the lady in the green Ford?
(a) Her date is wanted by the F.B.I.
(b) Her coat is caught in the door.
(c) To get on her side of the road.
(d) Her door is starting to open.
3. What does Reverend Emmett tell Ian when he calls him to announce that Rita has given birth?
(a) To start eating healthier foods.
(b) To make sure he calls his mother.
(c) To pray every day.
(d) That he'll be a good father.
4. What grade does Miss Pennington teach?
5. What kind of baby gift do the foreigners give Ian and Rita?
(a) Nightgown with pink ribbon.
(b) Stuffed bear.
(c) Baby bottles.
(d) White plastic potty chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ian go to the market for when Agatha and Thomas were sick with the flu?
2. Where is Daphne working in Chapter Ten?
3. What does Ian discover about the name Lucy Dean?
4. Why did the linen closet get wet?
5. What does Rita serve for dinner on Christmas Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ian's reaction when Reverend Emmett suggests that he train for the ministry.
2. Why do the members of the Church of the Second Chance pitch in to paint Reverend Emmett's house?
3. What does Ian discover when he visits Mrs. Millet?
4. How does Miss Pennington respond to Ian at the dinner party?
5. Describe Ian's uneasiness with Daphne and Gideon's relationship.
6. In Chapter Ten, what is Agatha's memory of recovering from the flu by eating Hearts of Palm salad?
7. Why does Daphne call Ian "Saint Maybe"?
8. Explain Ian's response to the birth of his son.
9. What does Daphne hang on the wall in the living room with the other family pictures?
10. When does Ian tell Reverend Emmett that he will not train for the ministry?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)