|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter Seven, what do the children say they want for Ian?
(a) Somebody wonderful enough to deserve him.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) More money.
(d) Better clothes.
2. What happens to Reverend Emmett in Chapter Eight?
(a) Broken leg.
(c) A heart attack.
3. When Daphne has trouble finding a full-time job, where does she start working part-time?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At the library.
(c) For the elementary school.
(d) With Ian in the wood shop.
4. Where does Ian go while he's waiting for Daphne to get out of school?
(a) Post office.
(c) Methodist Church.
(d) Grocery store.
5. How did Thomas Dulsimore die?
(b) He drowned.
(c) Natural causes.
(d) In a motorcycle crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Pennington's first name?
2. What is the relationship between Bobbeen and Rita?
3. Who is Rita?
4. Who does Daphne see at the bar after she's gone to the resume shop?
5. Why does Ian want to find Thomas Dulsimore?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miss Pennington respond to Ian at the dinner party?
2. Describe Agatha's appearance when she returns for Thanksgiving after her mother has died.
3. What does Daphne hang on the wall in the living room with the other family pictures?
4. In Chapter Ten, what is Agatha's memory of recovering from the flu by eating Hearts of Palm salad?
5. What does the Church of the Second Chance do when Reverend Emmett has a heart attack?
6. What is the significance of Rita's choice of black-eyed peas and rice for Christmas Eve dinner?
7. What does Ian discover when he visits Mrs. Millet?
8. Why do the children think that Ian needs a wife?
9. Describe Ian's reaction when Reverend Emmett suggests that he train for the ministry.
10. Why does Agatha refuse to go to church once she's fifteen?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)