|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Reverend Emmett give Ian as they are walking home after the prayer meeting in Chapter Six?
(a) To go back to college.
(b) To let his mother take of the children.
(c) To view his burden as a gift.
(d) To find the children's father.
2. What do Agatha and Daphne find in the cedar chest at the foot of Bee's bed?
(a) Photo albums.
(b) Hats and gloves.
3. What kind of work does Eli Everjohn do?
(a) Private detective.
4. Who insists that Ian attend a Parent/Teacher conference?
(c) Miss Pennington.
5. Everyone at the Bedloe house cleans the house after Thanksiving except:
(b) Stuart and Doug.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Thomas Dulsimore die?
2. Why does Ian want to find Thomas Dulsimore?
3. What happens when Agatha tries to wash the sheets at Thanksgiving time?
4. Who has the dream that a fat stranger will be hanging around Ian?
5. What kind of baby gift do the foreigners give Ian and Rita?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Daphne's dream that she tells her family and guests at the dinner party.
2. What does Ian discover when he visits Mrs. Millet?
3. In Chapter Ten, what is Agatha's memory of recovering from the flu by eating Hearts of Palm salad?
4. What clothes does Daphne choose to wear to the dinner party?
5. How does Miss Pennington respond to Ian at the dinner party?
6. Why is it significant that Ian discovers Lucy's jewelry box with her important papers?
7. Why do the members of the Church of the Second Chance pitch in to paint Reverend Emmett's house?
8. When does Ian tell Reverend Emmett that he will not train for the ministry?
9. When Rita begins talking about having children, why is Ian reluctant at first?
10. When Rita begins to bleed while she's at the bar, how does Daphne's boyfriend Curt take charge of the situation?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)