|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is fifteen and does not want to attend church anymore?
2. Who were the Queen and King of their senior prom?
(a) Lucy and Gary.
(b) Lucy and Andrew.
(c) Lucy and Danny.
(d) Lucy and Thomas.
3. What is unusual about the weather in May of 1988?
(a) It rains almost every day.
(b) It is cloudy with some sunshine.
(c) It is foggy.
(d) It is hot, dry and sunny.
4. What did Miss Pennington wear to the Parent/Teacher conference?
(a) Blue suit.
(b) A black dress.
(c) A blue, scooped neck dress.
(d) Green pantsuit.
5. How tall is Rita?
(a) Six feet, two inches.
(b) Five feet.
(c) Six feet.
(d) Five feet, six inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sister Jessie celebrate joining the Church of the Second Chance?
2. How did Thomas Dulsimore die?
3. What kind of work do Daphne and Rita plan to become partners in?
4. Who is Thomas Robert Dulsimore?
5. Who declines Ian's invitation to walk her home after the dinner party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What condition is the sewing box in when Daphne and Agatha find it in the closet?
2. In Chapter Ten, what is Agatha's memory of recovering from the flu by eating Hearts of Palm salad?
3. Why is it significant that Ian discovers Lucy's jewelry box with her important papers?
4. How does Ian respond to Reverend Emmett advice to "view your burden as a gift"?
5. What is the weather in the spring of 1988?
6. Why does Agatha refuse to go to church once she's fifteen?
7. When Rita begins to bleed while she's at the bar, how does Daphne's boyfriend Curt take charge of the situation?
8. When does Ian tell Reverend Emmett that he will not train for the ministry?
9. Explain Ian's response to the birth of his son.
10. Why does Doug want to keep particular items of Bee's when the children are cleaning out the house?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)