|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the book, who tells Reverend Emmett that she's thinking of joining his church?
2. Where has Daphne worked for a year, the longest job she's ever had?
(c) Florist shop.
(d) Fill 'Er Up Cafe.
3. What message did Sister Harriet's receive from her dream about speaking in gibberish in front of a blackboard?
(a) A message from God to get out of teaching.
(b) She needed to spend more time preparing for class.
(c) She needed more sleep.
(d) It reinforced her desire to communicate with the students.
4. Where does Ian meet Eli Everjohn?
(a) At a bar.
(b) At his office.
(c) At his mother's house.
(d) At Reverend Emmett's house.
5. Where is Cicely living now that Ian is involved in the Church of the Second Chance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Thomas Robert Dulsimore?
2. How did Sister Jessie celebrate joining the Church of the Second Chance?
3. In Chapter Nine, who is Ian thinking of marrying?
4. What is the cold, white sauce that Reverend Emmett asks Ian to bring to dinner?
5. What does Ian sing every December?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Rita begins to bleed while she's at the bar, how does Daphne's boyfriend Curt take charge of the situation?
2. Describe Ian's reaction when Reverend Emmett suggests that he train for the ministry.
3. Describe Ian's uneasiness with Daphne and Gideon's relationship.
4. How does Ian respond to Reverend Emmett advice to "view your burden as a gift"?
5. How does Ian think Daphne reminds him of Lucy?
6. Why does Agatha ask her siblings "What's happened to Ian?"
7. What clothes does Daphne choose to wear to the dinner party?
8. Why does Agatha refuse to go to church once she's fifteen?
9. What does the Church of the Second Chance do when Reverend Emmett has a heart attack?
10. Describe Ariana Pennington's appearance.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)