|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of baby gift do the foreigners give Ian and Rita?
(a) White plastic potty chair.
(b) Baby bottles.
(c) Stuffed bear.
(d) Nightgown with pink ribbon.
2. In Chapter Nine, who is Ian thinking of marrying?
3. How did Sister Jessie celebrate joining the Church of the Second Chance?
(a) Drinking a split of champagne.
(b) Saying extra prayers.
(c) Having a party.
(d) Baking a cake.
4. What did Miss Pennington wear to the Parent/Teacher conference?
(a) Blue suit.
(b) A black dress.
(c) A blue, scooped neck dress.
(d) Green pantsuit.
5. Who calls Lucy "common as dirt"?
(a) Mrs. Millet.
(b) Reverend Emmett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Daphne get an in-school suspension?
2. Who is the Church's certified vagrant?
3. Who announces his engagement on Christmas Eve?
4. How tall is Rita?
5. What does Daphne shout to the lady in the green Ford?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daphne hang on the wall in the living room with the other family pictures?
2. When does Ian tell Reverend Emmett that he will not train for the ministry?
3. Describe Eli Everjohn.
4. Why is it significant that Ian discovers Lucy's jewelry box with her important papers?
5. How is it evident that Daphne just wants what's best for her uncle Ian?
6. What clothes does Daphne choose to wear to the dinner party?
7. What does Ian discover when he visits Mrs. Millet?
8. Describe Ian's reaction when Reverend Emmett suggests that he train for the ministry.
9. How does Ian respond to Reverend Emmett advice to "view your burden as a gift"?
10. Describe Agatha's appearance when she returns for Thanksgiving after her mother has died.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)