|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucy have no one to help her with her children?
(a) Her friends are busy.
(b) She wants to do it herself.
(c) Her standards are too high.
(d) She has no relatives.
2. What does Claudia bake for her father's 59th birthday?
(a) A double chocolate cake.
(c) A coconut cake that looks like a bathmat.
(d) A raspberry pie.
3. In Chapter Two, who changes Daphne's diaper while she is still in the crib?
4. Where did Agatha and Thomas live with their biological father?
(a) In a silver trailer.
(b) In a small greenhouse.
(c) With his parents.
(d) In Boise, Idaho.
5. Whom does Ian invite to the Church of the Second Chance's picnic?
(c) Bee and Doug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ian envy about the man he meets on his job who is installing cabinets?
2. What story does Ian read to Agatha and Thomas at the Bedloe house after Lucy has died?
3. What does Lucy send to her ex-husband by airmail?
4. When Mr. Belling stops visiting Lucy, where does Lucy find a job?
5. Who decides to take a leave of absence from school until Daphne is in first grade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are all the kids at Camp Second Chance terrified of Sister Audrey?
2. Describe Ian Bedloe when he was still in high school.
3. Explain how Agatha tries to care for her baby sister, Daphne.
4. Why does Lucy visit the typewriter shop?
5. How does Claudia try to help her mother?
6. How does the Bedloe family react to Lucy when they first meet her?
7. How does Ian end up taking care of the children when he comes home for Lucy's funeral?
8. How does Doug get involved with the foreigners on Waverly Street?
9. Describe the events surrounding Lucy's death.
10. What does Doug Bedloe do to find Agatha and Thomas' father?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)