|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Danny and Lucy first meet?
(a) A dance.
(b) The post office.
(c) The cafe on main street.
(d) A friend's house.
2. Who is taking pills and sleeping all the time after Danny dies?
(b) Bee Bedloe.
3. What does Bee think her family has turned into now that Danny is gone?
(a) Religious zealots.
4. In chapter Two, what does Lucy steal from the drug store after visiting the typewriter store?
(a) Protein bars.
(b) Gummy bears.
(c) Chocolate bars.
(d) Life savers.
5. In the car ride home after the picnic, who says that Ian is a whole different person?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agatha wish for when she sees the first star at night after Danny's death?
2. What does Ian tell Claudia when they're in the kitchen lighting the candles on their father's birthday cake?
3. How does Agatha wake up Lucy when she's been sleeping for a long time?
4. In Chapter One, who wears a pink barrette to meet her son from school?
5. What does Doug think about being retired?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doug Bedloe do to find Agatha and Thomas' father?
2. Why does Thomas follow the rule of not eating sugar so that he will be considered a good Christian?
3. Describe the events surrounding Lucy's death.
4. Why does Agatha hide Lucy's important papers in the jewelry box?
5. What happens when Lucy calls Mr. Rumford's house?
6. What reasons does Bee give for why the Bedloe family is ordinary?
7. Describe the way things have changed in the Bedloe household by the Christmas after Lucy death.
8. How does Claudia try to help her mother?
9. How does the Bedloe family react to Lucy when they first meet her?
10. How does Ian end up taking care of the children when he comes home for Lucy's funeral?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)