|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Ian read to Agatha and Thomas at the Bedloe house after Lucy has died?
(a) Hansel and Gretel.
(b) I Love You This Much.
(c) Goodnight Moon.
(d) The Sad Little Bunny.
2. Why does Agatha say she can't pick up the baby, Daphne, and give her a bottle when Daphne wakes up crying?
(a) She is too small to hold a baby.
(b) She doesn't feel comfortable.
(c) Because Thomas dropped Daphne the week before.
(d) She can't get her out of the crib.
3. In chapter Two, what does Lucy steal from the drug store after visiting the typewriter store?
(a) Life savers.
(b) Gummy bears.
(c) Chocolate bars.
(d) Protein bars.
4. At Claudia's birthday party, who worries that Cicely doesn't like Ian as much as she used to?
(a) Agatha and Thomas.
5. What is Waverly Street?
(a) The street where the Bedloes live.
(b) The street next to the Bedloe's street.
(c) The street where the post office is located.
(d) The street where Lucy and Danny live.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Thomas eat any cake at Claudia's birthday party?
2. Who is born on Ian's birthday, January 2?
3. What pets do the Bedloes have?
4. When Claudia brings a casserole to the house in Chapter Five, what does she remark on?
5. What does Bee think her family has turned into now that Danny is gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Danny and Lucy meet?
2. How does Doug get involved with the foreigners on Waverly Street?
3. What does Grandma Bedloe find when she and Ian arrive with a basketful of food?
4. How does Ian end up taking care of the children when he comes home for Lucy's funeral?
5. How does Agatha try to comfort Thomas?
6. How does Ian show himself to be a hero at the Church of the Second Chance indoor picnic?
7. Describe the events surrounding Lucy's death.
8. Describe the way things have changed in the Bedloe household by the Christmas after Lucy death.
9. Why does Agatha hide Lucy's important papers in the jewelry box?
10. Why does Ian take a leave from absence from college to take care of Daphne, Thomas, and Agatha?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)