|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Belling stops visiting Lucy, where does Lucy find a job?
(b) Post office.
(c) Fill 'Er Up Cafe.
2. Who is born on Ian's birthday, January 2?
3. What does Doug Bedloe teach at the high school?
(d) Social Studies.
4. Who decides to take a leave of absence from school until Daphne is in first grade?
(d) Mr. Bedloe.
5. Who visits Agatha and Thomas with a picnic basket of fried chicken and chocolate cake while their mother naps?
(a) Mr. Rumford.
(b) Ian and Bee Bedloe.
(c) Mr. Bellings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doug think about being retired?
2. How does Agatha wake up Lucy when she's been sleeping for a long time?
3. Whose car broke down the night Danny killed himself?
4. What happens to the foreigners' car after they install a garage door opener?
5. Who misses Danny because he could really talk to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Doug get involved with the foreigners on Waverly Street?
2. Explain how Reverend Emmett founded The Church of the Second Chance.
3. How does Agatha try to comfort Thomas?
4. What happens when Lucy calls Mr. Rumford's house?
5. Why does Ian take a leave from absence from college to take care of Daphne, Thomas, and Agatha?
6. Describe Waverly Street.
7. How does the Bedloe family react to Lucy when they first meet her?
8. What does Doug Bedloe do to find Agatha and Thomas' father?
9. How is Ian absorbing the reality of Danny's death?
10. Describe the events surrounding Lucy's death.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)