|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Belling stops visiting Lucy, where does Lucy find a job?
(a) Fill 'Er Up Cafe.
(c) Post office.
2. Who is born on Ian's birthday, January 2?
3. Why does Lucy have no one to help her with her children?
(a) She has no relatives.
(b) Her standards are too high.
(c) Her friends are busy.
(d) She wants to do it herself.
4. Where did Danny and Lucy first meet?
(a) The cafe on main street.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) The post office.
(d) A dance.
5. At the beginning of Chapter Three, what is Ian watching through a microscope in science class?
(a) A drop of water.
(b) A fly's wing.
(c) A spider.
(d) An amoeba.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Reverend Emmett start when he dropped out of an Episcopal Seminary?
2. What does Thomas believe is the point of being Christian?
3. Where is Ian sending Agatha, Thomas, and Daphne for Day Camp?
4. Whom does Bee talk about to Doug on the car ride home after the picnic?
5. What does Doug think about being retired?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ian show himself to be a hero at the Church of the Second Chance indoor picnic?
2. What does Grandma Bedloe find when she and Ian arrive with a basketful of food?
3. Why does Ian take a leave from absence from college to take care of Daphne, Thomas, and Agatha?
4. Explain how Agatha tries to care for her baby sister, Daphne.
5. How is Ian absorbing the reality of Danny's death?
6. How does the Bedloe family react to Lucy when they first meet her?
7. Why does Agatha hide Lucy's important papers in the jewelry box?
8. Describe Ian Bedloe when he was still in high school.
9. How did Danny and Lucy meet?
10. Why are all the kids at Camp Second Chance terrified of Sister Audrey?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)