|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ian's girlfriend since ninth grade?
2. Who quit college to work for the post office?
(c) Mrs. Jordan.
3. Whose suit is rucked up around his ankles from static cling, so that he looks like he's wading in the ocean?
(b) Ian's roommate's.
(c) College president's.
4. What happens to the foreigners' car after they install a garage door opener?
(a) The car is in a wreck.
(b) The car is protected from the weather.
(c) The door falls down onto the car when it's halfway in the garage.
(d) The car has to be left in the driveway.
5. How does Agatha wake up Lucy when she's been sleeping for a long time?
(a) Fresh air.
(b) A spoonful of instant coffee in a coke.
(d) Loud music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the high school that Ian attends?
2. What does Mrs. Myrdal say she caught Lucy shoplifting during one of their excursions together?
3. What does Ian tell Claudia when they're in the kitchen lighting the candles on their father's birthday cake?
4. What does Kenny Larson's doctor say the children need before they can go in the above ground pool?
5. In the car ride home after the picnic, who says that Ian is a whole different person?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miss Pennington respond to Ian at the dinner party?
2. How do Ian's suspicions about Lucy's behavior influence Danny's death?
3. What is the significance of Rita's choice of black-eyed peas and rice for Christmas Eve dinner?
4. Why does Agatha ask her siblings "What's happened to Ian?"
5. Describe Ian Bedloe when he was still in high school.
6. Why does Doug want to keep particular items of Bee's when the children are cleaning out the house?
7. Why does Agatha hide Lucy's important papers in the jewelry box?
8. Explain how Reverend Emmett founded The Church of the Second Chance.
9. Why is Lucy taking pills and sleeping all the time?
10. In Chapter Ten, what is Agatha's memory of recovering from the flu by eating Hearts of Palm salad?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)