|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucy wearing on her feet when she cleans up the water in the bathroom?
(a) Agatha's slippers.
(c) Her boots.
(d) Danny's shoes.
2. Who wears plaid shirts, ripped jeans, and high tops held together with electrical tape to school?
(c) Mr. Bedloe.
3. When Mr. Belling comes to visit Lucy in the apartment over the pharmacy, what does he give Agatha and Thomas?
(b) Baseball cards.
(c) Movie tickets.
(d) Money for candy.
4. What pets do the Bedloes have?
(a) Dog, cat, and a goldfish.
(b) Three turtles.
(c) Two cats.
(d) Hamster and a guinea pig.
5. Where does Ian work the summer after Danny's death?
(a) Sam's Garage.
(b) Pete's Towing.
(c) Jim's Barbershop.
(d) Sid & Ed's A-1 Movers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Thomas and Agatha doing while their mother naps in the beginning of Chapter Two?
2. How does Danny describe Lucy when he brings her home for the first time?
3. In what month do Lucy and Danny marry?
4. After the picnic, what does Bee admit to herself, and to Doug, about Lucy's children?
5. Whom does Ian invite to the Church of the Second Chance's picnic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lucy taking pills and sleeping all the time?
2. How does the Bedloe family react to Lucy when they first meet her?
3. What does Grandma Bedloe find when she and Ian arrive with a basketful of food?
4. How does Doug get involved with the foreigners on Waverly Street?
5. Why does Ian take a leave from absence from college to take care of Daphne, Thomas, and Agatha?
6. How does Agatha try to comfort Thomas?
7. Describe the way things have changed in the Bedloe household by the Christmas after Lucy death.
8. Why is Doug Bedloe bored with retirement?
9. What reasons does Bee give for why the Bedloe family is ordinary?
10. Why does Agatha hide Lucy's important papers in the jewelry box?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)