|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "It's the people who don't know the answers who are going to heaven, I tell you"?
(b) Mrs. Jordon.
(c) Doug Bedloe.
(d) Mac McClintock.
2. Who starts a fire in the attic while trying to install an intercom?
(a) Reverend Emmett.
(d) The foreigners.
3. What does Ian tell Claudia when they're in the kitchen lighting the candles on their father's birthday cake?
(a) That he has a new job.
(b) That he wants to tell Danny that Daphne was not premature.
(c) That he's in trouble with the police.
(d) That he's going to college.
4. Whose car broke down the night Danny killed himself?
5. When Claudia brings a casserole to the house in Chapter Five, what does she remark on?
(a) How dirty the house is.
(b) How much cleaning there is to do.
(c) How small the house seems.
(d) How clean the house is.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Belling comes to visit Lucy in the apartment over the pharmacy, what does he give Agatha and Thomas?
2. Why doesn't Thomas eat any cake at Claudia's birthday party?
3. What is Waverly Street?
4. How does Danny describe Lucy when he brings her home for the first time?
5. Why does Ian think Danny killed himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Rita's choice of black-eyed peas and rice for Christmas Eve dinner?
2. Describe Eli Everjohn.
3. What clothes does Daphne choose to wear to the dinner party?
4. How does Ian respond to Reverend Emmett advice to "view your burden as a gift"?
5. How does Ian end up taking care of the children when he comes home for Lucy's funeral?
6. Why is Doug Bedloe bored with retirement?
7. What does Doug Bedloe do to find Agatha and Thomas' father?
8. Explain how Reverend Emmett founded The Church of the Second Chance.
9. What does Ian discover when he visits Mrs. Millet?
10. Why does Thomas follow the rule of not eating sugar so that he will be considered a good Christian?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)