|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Agatha tell Thomas when he complains that his mother didn't read to him before bed?
(a) Hansel and Gretel.
(b) The Little Engine That Could.
(d) Snow White.
2. Whom is Doug trying to locate to take care of Lucy's children?
(a) Mr. Rumford.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) Mr. Bellings.
3. Whom does Doug notice on the roof, trying to pass a wire through a window?
(b) One of the foreigners.
(d) The postman.
4. What does Agatha bring for sharing hour at camp that comes from her mother's jewelry box?
(a) A photo.
(b) A strand of pearls.
(c) A mustard seed.
5. Where does Ian take his parents at Sumner College?
(a) To lunch.
(b) To a football game.
(c) To a fancy dinner.
(d) To a parent's reception.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stays at Claudia's birthday party for only a few minutes before leaving with some friends from college?
2. What story does Ian read to Agatha and Thomas at the Bedloe house after Lucy has died?
3. After the picnic, what does Bee admit to herself, and to Doug, about Lucy's children?
4. How does Danny describe Lucy when he brings her home for the first time?
5. What does Agatha wish for when she sees the first star at night after Danny's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Grandma Bedloe find when she and Ian arrive with a basketful of food?
2. How is Ian absorbing the reality of Danny's death?
3. Explain how Reverend Emmett founded The Church of the Second Chance.
4. Why does Lucy visit the typewriter shop?
5. Explain how Agatha tries to care for her baby sister, Daphne.
6. Describe Ian Bedloe when he was still in high school.
7. Describe Waverly Street.
8. Why is Lucy taking pills and sleeping all the time?
9. Why are all the kids at Camp Second Chance terrified of Sister Audrey?
10. How does Agatha try to comfort Thomas?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)