|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose suit is rucked up around his ankles from static cling, so that he looks like he's wading in the ocean?
(a) Ian's roommate's.
(b) College president's.
2. Where did Danny and Lucy first meet?
(a) A dance.
(b) The cafe on main street.
(c) The post office.
(d) A friend's house.
3. Who is the only person who knows how guilty Ian feels about Danny's death?
4. Who is taking pills and sleeping all the time after Danny dies?
(a) Bee Bedloe.
5. In chapter Two, what does Lucy steal from the drug store after visiting the typewriter store?
(a) Life savers.
(b) Protein bars.
(c) Chocolate bars.
(d) Gummy bears.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, who changes Daphne's diaper while she is still in the crib?
2. Whom does Ian invite to the Church of the Second Chance's picnic?
3. Who decides to take a leave of absence from school until Daphne is in first grade?
4. Why can't Bee take care of Lucy's children?
5. What does Lucy die from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lucy visit the typewriter shop?
2. Describe Ian Bedloe when he was still in high school.
3. How did Danny and Lucy meet?
4. Why does Agatha hide Lucy's important papers in the jewelry box?
5. Do Agatha and Thomas like Ian? Why or why not?
6. How do Ian's suspicions about Lucy's behavior influence Danny's death?
7. How does Claudia try to help her mother?
8. Explain Ian's reasons for sending the children to Second Chance Day Camp.
9. What does Grandma Bedloe find when she and Ian arrive with a basketful of food?
10. Describe Waverly Street.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)