|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose car broke down the night Danny killed himself?
2. Who is the only person who knows how guilty Ian feels about Danny's death?
3. What does Claudia bake for her father's 59th birthday?
(a) A raspberry pie.
(b) A double chocolate cake.
(c) A coconut cake that looks like a bathmat.
4. When Mr. Belling comes to visit Lucy in the apartment over the pharmacy, what does he give Agatha and Thomas?
(a) Movie tickets.
(c) Baseball cards.
(d) Money for candy.
5. What does Claudia bring her mother to help with her arthritis?
(a) Exercise instructions for arthritics.
(b) A heating pad.
(c) Lotion for her hands.
(d) Department store white gloves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts a fire in the attic while trying to install an intercom?
2. What are Thomas and Agatha doing while their mother naps in the beginning of Chapter Two?
3. Who told Mrs. Jordan the name of Agatha and Thomas' father?
4. What is Lucy wearing on her feet when she cleans up the water in the bathroom?
5. What does Kenny Larson's doctor say the children need before they can go in the above ground pool?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Danny and Lucy meet?
2. How does Ian end up taking care of the children when he comes home for Lucy's funeral?
3. Describe Waverly Street.
4. How does the Bedloe family react to Lucy when they first meet her?
5. Why is Doug Bedloe bored with retirement?
6. How does Agatha try to comfort Thomas?
7. Why does Lucy visit the typewriter shop?
8. What does Doug Bedloe do to find Agatha and Thomas' father?
9. What does Grandma Bedloe find when she and Ian arrive with a basketful of food?
10. What is the setting for the Church's indoor picnic?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)