Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Bee take care of Lucy's children?
(a) She has a broken arm.
(b) She lives too far away.
(c) She has arthritis.
(d) Lucy doesn't want her help.
2. Who is Ian's girlfriend since ninth grade?
3. Where did Agatha and Thomas live with their biological father?
(a) With his parents.
(b) In a small greenhouse.
(c) In a silver trailer.
(d) In Boise, Idaho.
4. What did Reverend Emmett start when he dropped out of an Episcopal Seminary?
(a) Presbyterian Day Camp.
(b) Class for lapsed catholics.
(c) Educational course for children.
(d) The Church of the Second Chance.
5. What does Claudia bake for her father's 59th birthday?
(b) A coconut cake that looks like a bathmat.
(c) A double chocolate cake.
(d) A raspberry pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Rev. Emmett visit the Church Day Camp in Chapter Four?
2. Who misses Danny because he could really talk to him?
3. What does Mrs. Myrdal say she caught Lucy shoplifting during one of their excursions together?
4. What does Ian tell Claudia when they're in the kitchen lighting the candles on their father's birthday cake?
5. Who quit college to work for the post office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ian's uneasiness with Daphne and Gideon's relationship.
2. What does Grandma Bedloe find when she and Ian arrive with a basketful of food?
3. What kind of cradle does Ian build in Chapter Ten?
4. What reasons does Bee give for why the Bedloe family is ordinary?
5. How is Ian absorbing the reality of Danny's death?
6. Explain how Agatha tries to care for her baby sister, Daphne.
7. When Rita begins to bleed while she's at the bar, how does Daphne's boyfriend Curt take charge of the situation?
8. What is the setting for the Church's indoor picnic?
9. Why does Ian take a leave from absence from college to take care of Daphne, Thomas, and Agatha?
10. Why does Agatha ask her siblings "What's happened to Ian?"
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)