|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose suit is rucked up around his ankles from static cling, so that he looks like he's wading in the ocean?
(a) Ian's roommate's.
(c) College president's.
2. Who says, "It's the people who don't know the answers who are going to heaven, I tell you"?
(b) Mrs. Jordon.
(c) Mac McClintock.
(d) Doug Bedloe.
3. Whom does Ian invite to the Church of the Second Chance's picnic?
(a) Bee and Doug.
4. What does Bee think her family has turned into now that Danny is gone?
(c) Religious zealots.
5. In Chapter Two, who changes Daphne's diaper while she is still in the crib?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucy calls Mr. Rumford one evening, who answers the phone?
2. Who wears a stiff white shirt and black pants to the Day Camp?
3. What happens to the foreigners' car after they install a garage door opener?
4. How does Danny kill himself?
5. Who told Mrs. Jordan the name of Agatha and Thomas' father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claudia try to help her mother?
2. Why does Lucy visit the typewriter shop?
3. What does Doug Bedloe do to find Agatha and Thomas' father?
4. Explain how Reverend Emmett founded The Church of the Second Chance.
5. What does "difficult ages" mean to Bee and why do they have their own table at family celebrations?
6. How do Ian's suspicions about Lucy's behavior influence Danny's death?
7. How did Danny and Lucy meet?
8. Why is Lucy taking pills and sleeping all the time?
9. How does Agatha try to comfort Thomas?
10. Explain how Agatha tries to care for her baby sister, Daphne.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)