|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ian take his parents at Sumner College?
(a) To a parent's reception.
(b) To a football game.
(c) To lunch.
(d) To a fancy dinner.
2. Whom does Doug notice on the roof, trying to pass a wire through a window?
(a) The postman.
(d) One of the foreigners.
3. Whom does Bee talk about to Doug on the car ride home after the picnic?
(d) Her mother.
4. What did Reverend Emmett start when he dropped out of an Episcopal Seminary?
(a) The Church of the Second Chance.
(b) Class for lapsed catholics.
(c) Presbyterian Day Camp.
(d) Educational course for children.
5. In what month do Lucy and Danny marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Agatha tell Thomas when he complains that his mother didn't read to him before bed?
2. Who wears plaid shirts, ripped jeans, and high tops held together with electrical tape to school?
3. Who stays at Claudia's birthday party for only a few minutes before leaving with some friends from college?
4. Where did Danny and Lucy first meet?
5. At Claudia's birthday party, who worries that Cicely doesn't like Ian as much as she used to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Ian's reasons for sending the children to Second Chance Day Camp.
2. How is Ian absorbing the reality of Danny's death?
3. How does Ian end up taking care of the children when he comes home for Lucy's funeral?
4. How does Ian show himself to be a hero at the Church of the Second Chance indoor picnic?
5. Why does Lucy visit the typewriter shop?
6. Do Agatha and Thomas like Ian? Why or why not?
7. Describe the way things have changed in the Bedloe household by the Christmas after Lucy death.
8. Why does Thomas follow the rule of not eating sugar so that he will be considered a good Christian?
9. Why does Ian take a leave from absence from college to take care of Daphne, Thomas, and Agatha?
10. How does Claudia try to help her mother?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)