|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the foreigners' car after they install a garage door opener?
(a) The car is in a wreck.
(b) The door falls down onto the car when it's halfway in the garage.
(c) The car is protected from the weather.
(d) The car has to be left in the driveway.
2. What pets do the Bedloes have?
(a) Two cats.
(b) Hamster and a guinea pig.
(c) Three turtles.
(d) Dog, cat, and a goldfish.
3. Whom does Bee talk about to Doug on the car ride home after the picnic?
(d) Her mother.
4. Where is Ian sending Agatha, Thomas, and Daphne for Day Camp?
(a) The Church of the Second Chance.
(b) Presbyterian Day Camp.
(c) Waverly Camp.
(d) Saint Maybe Camp.
5. What fairy tale characters does Agatha compare herself and her brother with, after her mother sips a coke and takes pills at her bedside?
(a) Hansel and Gretel.
(b) Cinderella and Prince Charming.
(c) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(d) Beauty and the Beast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who misses Danny because he could really talk to him?
2. Why doesn't Thomas eat any cake at Claudia's birthday party?
3. Whose car broke down the night Danny killed himself?
4. Who wears plaid shirts, ripped jeans, and high tops held together with electrical tape to school?
5. When the toilet overflows in Chapter Two, who is the last person to have used it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Bee give for why the Bedloe family is ordinary?
2. How is Ian absorbing the reality of Danny's death?
3. Describe the way things have changed in the Bedloe household by the Christmas after Lucy death.
4. Describe Ian Bedloe when he was still in high school.
5. Why is Doug Bedloe bored with retirement?
6. How did Danny and Lucy meet?
7. Explain how Reverend Emmett founded The Church of the Second Chance.
8. Why does Ian take a leave from absence from college to take care of Daphne, Thomas, and Agatha?
9. Why is Lucy taking pills and sleeping all the time?
10. Do Agatha and Thomas like Ian? Why or why not?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)