|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What table does Agatha get to sit at during Claudia's birthday party?
(a) The children's table.
(b) The adult and children's table.
(c) Her own table.
(d) The "Difficult Ages" table.
2. What does Agatha wish for when she sees the first star at night after Danny's death?
(a) To be forgiven.
(b) To be safe.
(c) A better world.
(d) A new dress.
3. What does Doug think about being retired?
(a) He finds it boring.
(b) He can finally plant a garden.
(c) He's so busy.
(d) He has enough time to help with the children.
4. What does Lucy die from?
(b) Food poisoning.
(c) An overdose of pills.
(d) A car crash.
5. Where does Ian work the summer after Danny's death?
(a) Pete's Towing.
(b) Sam's Garage.
(c) Jim's Barbershop.
(d) Sid & Ed's A-1 Movers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the church women serve for dessert at the indoor picnic?
2. Why does Ian think Danny killed himself?
3. Who quit college to work for the post office?
4. What story does Agatha tell Thomas when he complains that his mother didn't read to him before bed?
5. What is Lucy wearing on her feet when she cleans up the water in the bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ian Bedloe when he was still in high school.
2. What is the setting for the Church's indoor picnic?
3. What does Doug Bedloe do to find Agatha and Thomas' father?
4. How does Doug get involved with the foreigners on Waverly Street?
5. How does Claudia try to help her mother?
6. How does the Bedloe family react to Lucy when they first meet her?
7. Why does Ian take a leave from absence from college to take care of Daphne, Thomas, and Agatha?
8. Explain how Agatha tries to care for her baby sister, Daphne.
9. How does Agatha try to comfort Thomas?
10. Why is Lucy taking pills and sleeping all the time?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)