|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is born on Ian's birthday, January 2?
2. Why can't Bee take care of Lucy's children?
(a) She has a broken arm.
(b) She lives too far away.
(c) She has arthritis.
(d) Lucy doesn't want her help.
3. Who comes to baby-sit the children during Lucy's funeral?
(a) Mrs. Myrdal.
(b) Mrs. Thomas.
4. Who is the only person who knows how guilty Ian feels about Danny's death?
5. How old is Sister Audrey?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daphne want to take to Day Camp as a toddler?
2. Why doesn't Thomas eat any cake at Claudia's birthday party?
3. What fairy tale characters does Agatha compare herself and her brother with, after her mother sips a coke and takes pills at her bedside?
4. When the toilet overflows in Chapter Two, who is the last person to have used it?
5. What happens to the foreigners' car after they install a garage door opener?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eli Everjohn.
2. What does Grandma Bedloe find when she and Ian arrive with a basketful of food?
3. Describe Waverly Street.
4. Describe Ian Bedloe when he was still in high school.
5. Why is it significant that Ian discovers Lucy's jewelry box with her important papers?
6. What does Ian discover when he visits Mrs. Millet?
7. What does "difficult ages" mean to Bee and why do they have their own table at family celebrations?
8. What happens when Lucy calls Mr. Rumford's house?
9. Why does Agatha hide Lucy's important papers in the jewelry box?
10. Why do the children think that Ian needs a wife?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)