|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Belling comes to visit Lucy in the apartment over the pharmacy, what does he give Agatha and Thomas?
(a) Money for candy.
(b) Movie tickets.
(d) Baseball cards.
2. At what time does Rev. Emmett visit the Church Day Camp in Chapter Four?
(a) Recess time.
(b) First thing in the morning.
(c) Lunch time.
(d) Juice time.
3. How old is Sister Audrey?
4. What does Ian envy about the man he meets on his job who is installing cabinets?
(a) He is deaf, and seems serene in his silent world.
(b) He has a degree from a business school.
(c) He doesn't talk.
(d) He makes a lot of money.
5. What are Thomas and Agatha doing while their mother naps in the beginning of Chapter Two?
(a) Playing with playdough.
(d) Building legos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Agatha tell Thomas when he complains that his mother didn't read to him before bed?
2. Who is watching her relative's large horse farm where the Church has an indoor picnic?
3. At Claudia's birthday party, who does Thomas suspect is not a true Christian?
4. Who comes to baby-sit the children during Lucy's funeral?
5. In Chapter One, who wears a pink barrette to meet her son from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Danny and Lucy meet?
2. What reasons does Bee give for why the Bedloe family is ordinary?
3. Describe the way things have changed in the Bedloe household by the Christmas after Lucy death.
4. How is Ian absorbing the reality of Danny's death?
5. What is the setting for the Church's indoor picnic?
6. Why does Ian take a leave from absence from college to take care of Daphne, Thomas, and Agatha?
7. Explain how Reverend Emmett founded The Church of the Second Chance.
8. Describe Waverly Street.
9. What does Doug Bedloe do to find Agatha and Thomas' father?
10. Why does Thomas follow the rule of not eating sugar so that he will be considered a good Christian?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)