|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bee think her family has turned into now that Danny is gone?
(c) Religious zealots.
2. Who is Mr. Rumford?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) The owner of the cafe.
(c) A teacher at the high school.
(d) The typewriter man.
3. What did the church women serve for dessert at the indoor picnic?
(b) Fruit salad.
4. Where did Danny and Lucy first meet?
(a) The cafe on main street.
(b) A dance.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) The post office.
5. After the picnic, what does Bee admit to herself, and to Doug, about Lucy's children?
(a) They are all someone else's.
(b) She is happy they are living with her.
(c) One is Danny's.
(d) She blames Doug for their bad behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wears a stiff white shirt and black pants to the Day Camp?
2. What is Lucy wearing on her feet when she cleans up the water in the bathroom?
3. Who quit college to work for the post office?
4. When Lucy calls Mr. Rumford one evening, who answers the phone?
5. What is the name of the high school that Ian attends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Reverend Emmett founded The Church of the Second Chance.
2. Why does Ian take a leave from absence from college to take care of Daphne, Thomas, and Agatha?
3. What does "difficult ages" mean to Bee and why do they have their own table at family celebrations?
4. Describe the way things have changed in the Bedloe household by the Christmas after Lucy death.
5. Why are all the kids at Camp Second Chance terrified of Sister Audrey?
6. What does Grandma Bedloe find when she and Ian arrive with a basketful of food?
7. Why does Lucy visit the typewriter shop?
8. How is Ian absorbing the reality of Danny's death?
9. Describe the events surrounding Lucy's death.
10. Explain Ian's reasons for sending the children to Second Chance Day Camp.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)