|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ian's girlfriend since ninth grade?
2. Why can't Bee take care of Lucy's children?
(a) She has arthritis.
(b) She lives too far away.
(c) She has a broken arm.
(d) Lucy doesn't want her help.
3. Where does Ian work the summer after Danny's death?
(a) Pete's Towing.
(b) Sam's Garage.
(c) Sid & Ed's A-1 Movers.
(d) Jim's Barbershop.
4. What happens to the foreigners' car after they install a garage door opener?
(a) The car has to be left in the driveway.
(b) The door falls down onto the car when it's halfway in the garage.
(c) The car is protected from the weather.
(d) The car is in a wreck.
5. Who is Mr. Rumford?
(a) A teacher at the high school.
(b) The owner of the cafe.
(c) The typewriter man.
(d) A neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Agatha and Thomas with a picnic basket of fried chicken and chocolate cake while their mother naps?
2. What does Bee think her family has turned into now that Danny is gone?
3. What does Doug Bedloe teach at the high school?
4. Why does Agatha say she can't pick up the baby, Daphne, and give her a bottle when Daphne wakes up crying?
5. Who starts a fire in the attic while trying to install an intercom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ian absorbing the reality of Danny's death?
2. How does Ian end up taking care of the children when he comes home for Lucy's funeral?
3. Do Agatha and Thomas like Ian? Why or why not?
4. Why does Ian take a leave from absence from college to take care of Daphne, Thomas, and Agatha?
5. How does Claudia try to help her mother?
6. What does Doug Bedloe do to find Agatha and Thomas' father?
7. How did Danny and Lucy meet?
8. How does Agatha try to comfort Thomas?
9. Explain how Reverend Emmett founded The Church of the Second Chance.
10. Describe the way things have changed in the Bedloe household by the Christmas after Lucy death.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)