|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter Two, what does Lucy steal from the drug store after visiting the typewriter store?
(a) Gummy bears.
(b) Chocolate bars.
(c) Life savers.
(d) Protein bars.
2. Who stays at Claudia's birthday party for only a few minutes before leaving with some friends from college?
3. What happens to the foreigners' car after they install a garage door opener?
(a) The car is in a wreck.
(b) The door falls down onto the car when it's halfway in the garage.
(c) The car has to be left in the driveway.
(d) The car is protected from the weather.
4. What did Sister Audrey leave in a dumpster?
(a) Important papers.
(b) Yesterday's trash.
(c) A newborn baby.
(d) Her favorite sweater.
5. Who is Mr. Rumford?
(a) The typewriter man.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A teacher at the high school.
(d) The owner of the cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Rev. Emmett visit the Church Day Camp in Chapter Four?
2. Who starts a fire in the attic while trying to install an intercom?
3. How does Ian fix the marred dining table after the Church's picnic?
4. How does Agatha wake up Lucy when she's been sleeping for a long time?
5. What does Claudia bring her mother to help with her arthritis?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Ten, what is Agatha's memory of recovering from the flu by eating Hearts of Palm salad?
2. Why does Lucy visit the typewriter shop?
3. Describe Ian Bedloe when he was still in high school.
4. Why is Lucy taking pills and sleeping all the time?
5. What is the significance of Rita's choice of black-eyed peas and rice for Christmas Eve dinner?
6. What does Grandma Bedloe find when she and Ian arrive with a basketful of food?
7. How is Ian absorbing the reality of Danny's death?
8. What does Daphne hang on the wall in the living room with the other family pictures?
9. Describe the way things have changed in the Bedloe household by the Christmas after Lucy death.
10. What is the weather in the spring of 1988?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)