|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Rumford?
(a) A teacher at the high school.
(b) The owner of the cafe.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) The typewriter man.
2. Who quit college to work for the post office?
(b) Mrs. Jordan.
3. Who is watching her relative's large horse farm where the Church has an indoor picnic?
(a) Mrs. Jordan.
(c) Sister Priscilla.
4. What does Doug think about being retired?
(a) He has enough time to help with the children.
(b) He finds it boring.
(c) He can finally plant a garden.
(d) He's so busy.
5. Why doesn't Thomas eat any cake at Claudia's birthday party?
(a) He's allergic to chocolate.
(b) He likes ice cream better.
(c) Because it is a Church rule.
(d) He ate too much candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who knows how guilty Ian feels about Danny's death?
2. Who is Ian's girlfriend since ninth grade?
3. What does Lucy die from?
4. What is Lucy wearing on her feet when she cleans up the water in the bathroom?
5. Who is born on Ian's birthday, January 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Bedloe family react to Lucy when they first meet her?
2. How does Ian show himself to be a hero at the Church of the Second Chance indoor picnic?
3. Do Agatha and Thomas like Ian? Why or why not?
4. What happens when Lucy calls Mr. Rumford's house?
5. Explain Ian's reasons for sending the children to Second Chance Day Camp.
6. Why is Lucy taking pills and sleeping all the time?
7. Describe the events surrounding Lucy's death.
8. What does Doug Bedloe do to find Agatha and Thomas' father?
9. How does Ian end up taking care of the children when he comes home for Lucy's funeral?
10. How did Danny and Lucy meet?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)