|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Rev. Emmett visit the Church Day Camp in Chapter Four?
(a) Lunch time.
(b) Juice time.
(c) Recess time.
(d) First thing in the morning.
2. In Chapter One, who wears a pink barrette to meet her son from school?
3. What does Agatha tell Ian to do when he tries to stop Daphne from crying in Chapter Three?
(a) Rock her.
(b) Give her a warm bath.
(c) Walk her.
(d) Take her for a ride in the stroller.
4. How do the children at the Church Day Camp feel about Sister Audrey?
5. After the picnic, what does Bee admit to herself, and to Doug, about Lucy's children?
(a) She blames Doug for their bad behavior.
(b) She is happy they are living with her.
(c) They are all someone else's.
(d) One is Danny's.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ian arrives home from college for Lucy's funeral, what does Bee do the first night he is home?
2. What story does Ian read to Agatha and Thomas at the Bedloe house after Lucy has died?
3. In what month do Lucy and Danny marry?
4. Why can't Bee take care of Lucy's children?
5. Whom does Bee talk about to Doug on the car ride home after the picnic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Bee give for why the Bedloe family is ordinary?
2. How does Ian end up taking care of the children when he comes home for Lucy's funeral?
3. Why are all the kids at Camp Second Chance terrified of Sister Audrey?
4. Describe Ian Bedloe when he was still in high school.
5. How does Claudia try to help her mother?
6. What happens when Lucy calls Mr. Rumford's house?
7. Why is Doug Bedloe bored with retirement?
8. How did Danny and Lucy meet?
9. How does Ian show himself to be a hero at the Church of the Second Chance indoor picnic?
10. What does Grandma Bedloe find when she and Ian arrive with a basketful of food?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)