|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reverend Emmett tell Ian when he calls him to announce that Rita has given birth?
(a) That he'll be a good father.
(b) To start eating healthier foods.
(c) To pray every day.
(d) To make sure he calls his mother.
2. Why does Ian want to find Thomas Dulsimore?
(a) To let Agatha and Thomas visit him.
(b) To receive child support.
(c) So Agatha and Thomas will know their genetic history.
(d) To give him Lucy's important papers.
3. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett before the prayer meeting at the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) His furniture is ready.
(b) He no longer wants to go to prayer meeting.
(c) He has decided not to go into the ministry.
(d) That Daphne is not attending prayer meeting.
4. What grade does Miss Pennington teach?
5. At the end of the book, who tells Reverend Emmett that she's thinking of joining his church?
6. What did Miss Pennington wear to the Parent/Teacher conference?
(a) Blue suit.
(b) Green pantsuit.
(c) A blue, scooped neck dress.
(d) A black dress.
7. How did Thomas Dulsimore die?
(a) In a motorcycle crash.
(b) Natural causes.
(d) He drowned.
8. Who dies in Chapter Nine?
9. Where does Ian meet Eli Everjohn?
(a) At his mother's house.
(b) At a bar.
(c) At Reverend Emmett's house.
(d) At his office.
10. What kind of work does Sister Harriet do?
(d) Church work.
11. Everyone at the Bedloe house cleans the house after Thanksiving except:
(a) Stuart and Doug.
12. Who is the Church's certified vagrant?
(b) Mrs. Jordan.
(c) Mr. Kitt.
(d) Eli Everjohn.
13. Who declines Ian's invitation to walk her home after the dinner party?
(a) Mrs. Kitt.
(b) Sister Harriet.
(d) Miss Pennington.
14. Who insists that Ian attend a Parent/Teacher conference?
(d) Miss Pennington.
15. Whom does Daphne remind Ian of?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rev. Emmett returns to preaching, what does he ask of Ian?
2. Who comes up with the idea of finding a wife for Ian?
3. Where is Daphne working in Chapter Ten?
4. Why did the linen closet get wet?
5. What advice does Reverend Emmett give Ian as they are walking home after the prayer meeting in Chapter Six?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)