|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Agatha returns to the Bedloe house at Thanksgiving, what does she say about how the house looks?
(a) Just like before.
(b) A mess.
(d) Likes the color of the kitchen.
2. What is unusual about the weather in May of 1988?
(a) It is hot, dry and sunny.
(b) It is foggy.
(c) It rains almost every day.
(d) It is cloudy with some sunshine.
3. Who comes up with the idea of finding a wife for Ian?
4. Everyone at the Bedloe house cleans the house after Thanksiving except:
(c) Stuart and Doug.
5. What does Ian find in Lucy's jewelry box?
(a) Expensive diamond earrings.
(b) A key.
(d) Lucy's important papers.
6. When Rev. Emmett returns to preaching, what does he ask of Ian?
(a) To say prayers for him.
(b) To train for the ministry.
(c) To build him a cabinet.
(d) To do office work.
7. What does Ian sing every December?
(a) "Jingle Bells."
(b) "Dust off the fruitcake, it's Christmas again."
(c) "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas."
(d) "Silent Night."
8. Where does Ian go to find Daphne after school gets out at noon time?
(b) Sister Jessie's.
(c) Sarah Locklear's.
9. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett after the Prayer Meeting in Chapter Six?
(a) He wants more prayer time.
(b) He wants advice on adopting the children.
(c) He feels he is wasting his life.
(d) He needs help finding a job.
10. What is Curt's profession?
11. When Daphne has trouble finding a full-time job, where does she start working part-time?
(a) For the elementary school.
(b) With Ian in the wood shop.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At the library.
12. At the end of Chapter Seven, what do the children say they want for Ian?
(a) A housekeeper.
(b) Better clothes.
(c) Somebody wonderful enough to deserve him.
(d) More money.
13. Who calls Ian "Saint Maybe"?
(c) Reverend Emmett.
14. How did Thomas Dulsimore die?
(a) Natural causes.
(b) He drowned.
(d) In a motorcycle crash.
15. What is Miss Pennington's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Daphne worked for a year, the longest job she's ever had?
2. How tall is Rita?
3. What is the relationship between Bobbeen and Rita?
4. What does Daphne encourage Ian to do when he's driving her home and they see a motorist in a green Ford?
5. Where does Ian go while he's waiting for Daphne to get out of school?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)