|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Reverend Emmett in Chapter Eight?
(b) A heart attack.
(d) Broken leg.
2. Who does Daphne see at the bar after she's gone to the resume shop?
3. Where is Thomas going to college?
(b) Miami University.
(c) Baltimore Community College.
(d) University of Maryland.
4. Who is Curt?
(a) The mailman.
(b) Ian's co-worker.
(c) Rita's ex-boyfriend.
(d) Daphne's new boyfriend.
5. Who has the dream that a fat stranger will be hanging around Ian?
6. At the end of the book, who tells Reverend Emmett that she's thinking of joining his church?
7. Where has Daphne worked for a year, the longest job she's ever had?
(a) Fill 'Er Up Cafe.
(b) Florist shop.
8. What is the name of Rita and Ian's new baby?
9. What kind of work does Sister Harriet do?
(d) Church work.
10. Who brought home a saltcellar shaped like a robot?
11. How does Stuart divert Rita so she'll stay seated and not go into the kitchen to cook on Christmas Day?
(a) Watching television with her.
(b) Card tricks.
(c) Reading her a book.
12. Who is the Church Maiden?
(a) A statue Ian sees at church.
(b) A woman who cleans the church.
(c) Choral group.
(d) The perfect woman Ian hopes to meet through church.
13. When Daphne has trouble finding a full-time job, where does she start working part-time?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At the library.
(c) For the elementary school.
(d) With Ian in the wood shop.
14. What kind of baby gift do the foreigners give Ian and Rita?
(a) White plastic potty chair.
(b) Baby bottles.
(c) Stuffed bear.
(d) Nightgown with pink ribbon.
15. What advice does Reverend Emmett give Ian as they are walking home after the prayer meeting in Chapter Six?
(a) To view his burden as a gift.
(b) To let his mother take of the children.
(c) To find the children's father.
(d) To go back to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reverend Emmett tell Ian when he calls him to announce that Rita has given birth?
2. Where are the ceramic tiles from that Ian brings home while Rita is there?
3. Whom does Daphne remind Ian of?
4. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett after the Prayer Meeting in Chapter Six?
5. In Chapter Ten, how long have Rita and Ian been married?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)