|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Pennington's first name?
2. Who works for a software company, creating educational computer games?
3. What kind of work does Eli Everjohn do?
(a) Private detective.
4. Who comes up with the idea of finding a wife for Ian?
5. What happens to Reverend Emmett in Chapter Eight?
(b) Broken leg.
(c) A heart attack.
6. Who is Daphne's boyfriend?
7. In Chapter Nine, who is Ian thinking of marrying?
8. At the end of Chapter Seven, what do the children say they want for Ian?
(a) Somebody wonderful enough to deserve him.
(b) Better clothes.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) More money.
9. What kind of work does Sister Harriet do?
(c) Church work.
10. What relationship does Daphne plan for Miss Pennington in Chapter Seven?
(a) To be Ian's wife.
(b) To be Mr. Kitt's girlfriend.
(c) To be a tutor for her sister.
(d) To be Daphne's friend.
11. What happens when Agatha tries to wash the sheets at Thanksgiving time?
(a) The washer is broken.
(b) The washer has too many suds.
(c) The colors get bleached.
(d) The sheets get torn.
12. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett after the Prayer Meeting in Chapter Six?
(a) He needs help finding a job.
(b) He feels he is wasting his life.
(c) He wants more prayer time.
(d) He wants advice on adopting the children.
13. What does Rita serve for Christmas dinner while she's pregnant?
(c) Hors d'oeuvres.
(d) Soup and salad.
14. Who urges Daphne to move out of the Bedloe home and find a place of her own?
(b) Her friends.
15. Where are the ceramic tiles from that Ian brings home while Rita is there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What message did Sister Harriet's receive from her dream about speaking in gibberish in front of a blackboard?
2. Why did the linen closet get wet?
3. Whom does Daphne remind Ian of?
4. Who announces his engagement on Christmas Eve?
5. After divorcing Thomas Dulsimore, where did Lucy move?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)