|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Rita and Ian's new baby?
2. Why does Rita have to go to the hospital when she and Ian are with Daphne and Curt at the bar?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) She's bleeding.
(c) She got sick from too much beer.
3. Where is Cicely living now that Ian is involved in the Church of the Second Chance?
4. What is Agatha studying in college?
5. After divorcing Thomas Dulsimore, where did Lucy move?
(c) Caro Mill.
6. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett before the prayer meeting at the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) That Daphne is not attending prayer meeting.
(b) He no longer wants to go to prayer meeting.
(c) He has decided not to go into the ministry.
(d) His furniture is ready.
7. At the end of Chapter Seven, what do the children say they want for Ian?
(a) More money.
(b) Somebody wonderful enough to deserve him.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) Better clothes.
8. What grade did Sister Harriet teach?
9. How tall is Rita?
(a) Six feet, two inches.
(b) Six feet.
(c) Five feet, six inches.
(d) Five feet.
10. Why did Daphne get an in-school suspension?
(a) For skipping school.
(b) For smoking in the bathroom.
(c) For talking back to a teacher.
(d) For drinking beer in a parked car during the lunch hour.
11. Why did the linen closet get wet?
(a) Agatha dumped a pail of water in it by accident.
(b) The water pipe broke.
(c) The roof had a leak in it.
(d) Thomas was playing with water balloons.
12. Who announces his engagement on Christmas Eve?
13. How does Stuart divert Rita so she'll stay seated and not go into the kitchen to cook on Christmas Day?
(a) Card tricks.
(b) Watching television with her.
(d) Reading her a book.
14. Why does Thomas say Ian is playing hard to get when Ian returns from the Parent/Teacher conference?
(a) He flirts with Miss Pennington.
(b) He won't talk with Miss Pennington.
(c) He moves his arm away when Miss Pennington touches him.
(d) He declines an invitation to the movies.
15. On Saturdays, what does the Church of the Second Chance do?
(a) Takes the day off.
(b) Prayer meetings.
(c) Cleans the church.
(d) Performs good works for people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ian sing every December?
2. Who is Mrs. Millet?
3. What kind of baby gift do the foreigners give Ian and Rita?
4. When Rev. Emmett returns to preaching, what does he ask of Ian?
5. Who is Daphne's boyfriend?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)