|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who urges Daphne to move out of the Bedloe home and find a place of her own?
(c) Her friends.
2. What kind of baby gift do the foreigners give Ian and Rita?
(a) Baby bottles.
(b) Nightgown with pink ribbon.
(c) Stuffed bear.
(d) White plastic potty chair.
3. Who is the Church's certified vagrant?
(a) Mrs. Jordan.
(b) Mr. Kitt.
(c) Eli Everjohn.
4. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett after the Prayer Meeting in Chapter Six?
(a) He feels he is wasting his life.
(b) He wants advice on adopting the children.
(c) He needs help finding a job.
(d) He wants more prayer time.
5. Why does Thomas say Ian is playing hard to get when Ian returns from the Parent/Teacher conference?
(a) He declines an invitation to the movies.
(b) He moves his arm away when Miss Pennington touches him.
(c) He won't talk with Miss Pennington.
(d) He flirts with Miss Pennington.
6. Where does Rita tell Ian that she thinks she's pregnant?
(a) At church.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At home.
(d) While waiting for the doctor.
7. What kind of baby cradle does Ian make?
(b) Virginia cherry.
(d) California oak.
8. Who has to pick up Daphne every day after school when she's sixteen?
(d) Reverend Emmett.
9. What is the cold, white sauce that Reverend Emmett asks Ian to bring to dinner?
(a) Onion dip.
(b) Ranch dressing.
(c) Clam dip.
(d) Alfredo sauce.
10. What does Ian discover about the name Lucy Dean?
(a) It was Lucy's married name.
(b) It was the name of Lucy's friend from school.
(c) It was the name of Lucy's ex-boyfriend.
(d) It was Lucy's maiden name.
11. What advice does Reverend Emmett give Ian as they are walking home after the prayer meeting in Chapter Six?
(a) To go back to college.
(b) To view his burden as a gift.
(c) To let his mother take of the children.
(d) To find the children's father.
12. What does Rita serve for Christmas dinner while she's pregnant?
(a) Hors d'oeuvres.
(d) Soup and salad.
13. Who has the dream that a fat stranger will be hanging around Ian?
14. What relationship does Daphne plan for Miss Pennington in Chapter Seven?
(a) To be Ian's wife.
(b) To be Mr. Kitt's girlfriend.
(c) To be a tutor for her sister.
(d) To be Daphne's friend.
15. Who is not the type to carry a grudge, even when Agatha, Thomas, and Daphne have misbehaved with company?
(d) Sister Harriet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the ceramic tiles from that Ian brings home while Rita is there?
2. Where does Ian go while he's waiting for Daphne to get out of school?
3. What message did Sister Harriet's receive from her dream about speaking in gibberish in front of a blackboard?
4. In Chapter Six, when Ian sees Eli Everjohn for the second time at church, what does he ask him to do?
5. What is the name of Rita and Ian's new baby?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)