|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Reverend Emmett give Ian as they are walking home after the prayer meeting in Chapter Six?
(a) To view his burden as a gift.
(b) To let his mother take of the children.
(c) To find the children's father.
(d) To go back to college.
2. What happens when Agatha tries to wash the sheets at Thanksgiving time?
(a) The sheets get torn.
(b) The colors get bleached.
(c) The washer has too many suds.
(d) The washer is broken.
3. Who says "Mess up, I say...Fall flat on your face!"?
(a) Reverend Emmett.
4. What grade did Sister Harriet teach?
5. How tall is Rita?
(a) Five feet, six inches.
(b) Five feet.
(c) Six feet, two inches.
(d) Six feet.
6. Who announces his engagement on Christmas Eve?
7. At the end of the book, who tells Reverend Emmett that she's thinking of joining his church?
8. Who comes up with the idea of finding a wife for Ian?
9. Who is an oncologist and has a handsome husband?
10. What happens to Reverend Emmett in Chapter Eight?
(a) Broken leg.
(b) A heart attack.
11. How did Sister Jessie celebrate joining the Church of the Second Chance?
(a) Baking a cake.
(b) Drinking a split of champagne.
(c) Saying extra prayers.
(d) Having a party.
12. What is the cold, white sauce that Reverend Emmett asks Ian to bring to dinner?
(a) Clam dip.
(b) Onion dip.
(c) Alfredo sauce.
(d) Ranch dressing.
13. Who has to pick up Daphne every day after school when she's sixteen?
(a) Reverend Emmett.
14. What did Ian go to the market for when Agatha and Thomas were sick with the flu?
(a) Ice cream.
(c) Cough drops.
(d) Hearts of Palm salad.
15. Everyone at the Bedloe house cleans the house after Thanksiving except:
(a) Stuart and Doug.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Six, when Ian sees Eli Everjohn for the second time at church, what does he ask him to do?
2. Why did Daphne get an in-school suspension?
3. Who is fifteen and does not want to attend church anymore?
4. Who dies in Chapter Nine?
5. Who is the Church's certified vagrant?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)