|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cold, white sauce that Reverend Emmett asks Ian to bring to dinner?
(a) Ranch dressing.
(b) Clam dip.
(c) Alfredo sauce.
(d) Onion dip.
2. Who is Daphne's boyfriend?
3. Whom does Ian see Gideon leaving school with in Chapter Eight?
(c) Blonde haired girl.
(d) Redheaded girl.
4. What does Daphne shout to the lady in the green Ford?
(a) Her door is starting to open.
(b) Her coat is caught in the door.
(c) To get on her side of the road.
(d) Her date is wanted by the F.B.I.
5. Who is an oncologist and has a handsome husband?
6. On a vacation, how do the children react to Ian's swimming out beyond the breakers until he is just a dot?
(a) They cry.
(b) They enlist the help of a lifeguard.
(c) They cheer him on.
(d) They yell at him to return.
7. What did Miss Pennington wear to the Parent/Teacher conference?
(a) Green pantsuit.
(b) Blue suit.
(c) A blue, scooped neck dress.
(d) A black dress.
8. Why does Ian want to find Thomas Dulsimore?
(a) To let Agatha and Thomas visit him.
(b) So Agatha and Thomas will know their genetic history.
(c) To receive child support.
(d) To give him Lucy's important papers.
9. What kind of work do Daphne and Rita plan to become partners in?
(a) Clutter counseling.
(b) Maid service.
(d) Travel planning.
10. What does Daphne encourage Ian to do when he's driving her home and they see a motorist in a green Ford?
(a) Beep the horn.
(b) Pass him.
(c) Shout at him.
11. What did Ian go to the market for when Agatha and Thomas were sick with the flu?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) Hearts of Palm salad.
(c) Cough drops.
12. What kind of work does Eli Everjohn do?
(d) Private detective.
13. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett after the Prayer Meeting in Chapter Six?
(a) He feels he is wasting his life.
(b) He wants more prayer time.
(c) He needs help finding a job.
(d) He wants advice on adopting the children.
14. What advice does Reverend Emmett give Ian as they are walking home after the prayer meeting in Chapter Six?
(a) To view his burden as a gift.
(b) To let his mother take of the children.
(c) To find the children's father.
(d) To go back to college.
15. Where does Ian go to find Daphne after school gets out at noon time?
(b) Sarah Locklear's.
(d) Sister Jessie's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Agatha studying in college?
2. What kind of baby gift do the foreigners give Ian and Rita?
3. At the end of Chapter Seven, what do the children say they want for Ian?
4. What grade does Miss Pennington teach?
5. What does Rita serve for dinner on Christmas Eve?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)