|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Daphne working in Chapter Ten?
(a) Travel Away.
(b) Triple A.
(c) Destinations Unknown.
(d) Trips Unlimited.
2. What grade did Sister Harriet teach?
3. Whom does Daphne remind Ian of?
4. What message did Sister Harriet's receive from her dream about speaking in gibberish in front of a blackboard?
(a) She needed more sleep.
(b) She needed to spend more time preparing for class.
(c) A message from God to get out of teaching.
(d) It reinforced her desire to communicate with the students.
5. Who urges Daphne to move out of the Bedloe home and find a place of her own?
(b) Her friends.
6. Why does Thomas say Ian is playing hard to get when Ian returns from the Parent/Teacher conference?
(a) He declines an invitation to the movies.
(b) He won't talk with Miss Pennington.
(c) He moves his arm away when Miss Pennington touches him.
(d) He flirts with Miss Pennington.
7. Where does Ian go while he's waiting for Daphne to get out of school?
(a) Post office.
(c) Grocery store.
(d) Methodist Church.
8. What do Agatha and Daphne find in the cedar chest at the foot of Bee's bed?
(c) Hats and gloves.
(d) Photo albums.
9. When Daphne has trouble finding a full-time job, where does she start working part-time?
(a) With Ian in the wood shop.
(b) For the elementary school.
(c) At the library.
(d) At a restaurant.
10. Who does Daphne see at the bar after she's gone to the resume shop?
11. Who says "Mess up, I say...Fall flat on your face!"?
(a) Reverend Emmett.
12. What happens to Reverend Emmett in Chapter Eight?
(b) Broken leg.
(c) A heart attack.
13. Who is fifteen and does not want to attend church anymore?
14. What advice does Reverend Emmett give Ian as they are walking home after the prayer meeting in Chapter Six?
(a) To let his mother take of the children.
(b) To view his burden as a gift.
(c) To go back to college.
(d) To find the children's father.
15. What is Agatha studying in college?
Short Answer Questions
1. After divorcing Thomas Dulsimore, where did Lucy move?
2. Why did the linen closet get wet?
3. What does Ian discover about the name Lucy Dean?
4. At the end of the book, who tells Reverend Emmett that she's thinking of joining his church?
5. Who dies in Chapter Nine?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)