|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Pennington's first name?
2. Where does Rita tell Ian that she thinks she's pregnant?
(a) At home.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At church.
(d) While waiting for the doctor.
3. What does Ian discover about the name Lucy Dean?
(a) It was the name of Lucy's ex-boyfriend.
(b) It was Lucy's maiden name.
(c) It was Lucy's married name.
(d) It was the name of Lucy's friend from school.
4. Who has the dream that a fat stranger will be hanging around Ian?
5. Who is Daphne's boyfriend?
6. What does Daphne encourage Ian to do when he's driving her home and they see a motorist in a green Ford?
(b) Shout at him.
(c) Beep the horn.
(d) Pass him.
7. Where is Thomas going to college?
(b) Baltimore Community College.
(c) University of Maryland.
(d) Miami University.
8. What happens when Agatha tries to wash the sheets at Thanksgiving time?
(a) The washer is broken.
(b) The colors get bleached.
(c) The washer has too many suds.
(d) The sheets get torn.
9. Whom does Ian see Gideon leaving school with in Chapter Eight?
(a) Blonde haired girl.
(b) Redheaded girl.
10. Who insists that Ian attend a Parent/Teacher conference?
(b) Miss Pennington.
11. Who is Thomas Robert Dulsimore?
(a) Lucy's first husband.
(b) Reverend Emmett's friend.
(c) Doug's uncle.
(d) Eli Everjohn's cousin.
12. Where are the ceramic tiles from that Ian brings home while Rita is there?
13. How tall is Rita?
(a) Five feet, six inches.
(b) Six feet.
(c) Six feet, two inches.
(d) Five feet.
14. When Daphne has trouble finding a full-time job, where does she start working part-time?
(a) With Ian in the wood shop.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) For the elementary school.
(d) At the library.
15. Whom does Daphne remind Ian of?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agatha returns to the Bedloe house at Thanksgiving, what does she say about how the house looks?
2. Why did Daphne get an in-school suspension?
3. Everyone at the Bedloe house cleans the house after Thanksiving except:
4. Why does Rita have to go to the hospital when she and Ian are with Daphne and Curt at the bar?
5. What is unusual about the weather in May of 1988?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)