|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship does Daphne plan for Miss Pennington in Chapter Seven?
(a) To be Mr. Kitt's girlfriend.
(b) To be a tutor for her sister.
(c) To be Ian's wife.
(d) To be Daphne's friend.
2. Everyone at the Bedloe house cleans the house after Thanksiving except:
(b) Stuart and Doug.
3. What is Miss Pennington's first name?
4. What happens when Agatha tries to wash the sheets at Thanksgiving time?
(a) The colors get bleached.
(b) The sheets get torn.
(c) The washer is broken.
(d) The washer has too many suds.
5. What grade does Miss Pennington teach?
6. What kind of work does Sister Harriet do?
(b) Church work.
7. Who is Curt?
(a) Daphne's new boyfriend.
(b) Ian's co-worker.
(c) The mailman.
(d) Rita's ex-boyfriend.
8. Why does Ian want to find Thomas Dulsimore?
(a) To let Agatha and Thomas visit him.
(b) To give him Lucy's important papers.
(c) So Agatha and Thomas will know their genetic history.
(d) To receive child support.
9. What is Agatha studying in college?
10. What does Rita serve for Christmas dinner while she's pregnant?
(a) Soup and salad.
(b) Hors d'oeuvres.
11. Where does Rita tell Ian that she thinks she's pregnant?
(a) While waiting for the doctor.
(b) At church.
(c) At home.
(d) At the hospital.
12. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett before the prayer meeting at the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) His furniture is ready.
(b) He no longer wants to go to prayer meeting.
(c) He has decided not to go into the ministry.
(d) That Daphne is not attending prayer meeting.
13. Whom does Ian see Gideon leaving school with in Chapter Eight?
(a) Blonde haired girl.
(d) Redheaded girl.
14. Who is Rita?
(a) Church member.
(c) The household organizer.
(d) Daphne's boss.
15. What happens to Reverend Emmett in Chapter Eight?
(a) A heart attack.
(c) Broken leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Thomas Dulsimore die?
2. On Saturdays, what does the Church of the Second Chance do?
3. On a vacation, how do the children react to Ian's swimming out beyond the breakers until he is just a dot?
4. What is Curt's profession?
5. What grade did Sister Harriet teach?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)