|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Everyone at the Bedloe house cleans the house after Thanksiving except:
(c) Stuart and Doug.
2. What does Daphne encourage Ian to do when he's driving her home and they see a motorist in a green Ford?
(b) Beep the horn.
(c) Pass him.
(d) Shout at him.
3. Who calls Lucy "common as dirt"?
(a) Mrs. Millet.
(c) Reverend Emmett.
4. In Chapter Six, when Ian sees Eli Everjohn for the second time at church, what does he ask him to do?
(a) Go out to dinner.
(b) Find Agatha and Thomas' father.
(c) Leave his family alone.
(d) Pray with him.
5. Where does Rita tell Ian that she thinks she's pregnant?
(a) At home.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) While waiting for the doctor.
(d) At church.
6. Who comes up with the idea of finding a wife for Ian?
7. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett before the prayer meeting at the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) That Daphne is not attending prayer meeting.
(b) He has decided not to go into the ministry.
(c) His furniture is ready.
(d) He no longer wants to go to prayer meeting.
8. Where are the ceramic tiles from that Ian brings home while Rita is there?
9. Whom does Daphne remind Ian of?
10. Who is Daphne's boyfriend?
11. Why did Daphne get an in-school suspension?
(a) For skipping school.
(b) For smoking in the bathroom.
(c) For talking back to a teacher.
(d) For drinking beer in a parked car during the lunch hour.
12. At the end of the book, who tells Reverend Emmett that she's thinking of joining his church?
13. What does Rita serve for dinner on Christmas Eve?
(b) Black-eyed peas and rice.
(c) Roast beef.
14. Why does Thomas say Ian is playing hard to get when Ian returns from the Parent/Teacher conference?
(a) He flirts with Miss Pennington.
(b) He declines an invitation to the movies.
(c) He moves his arm away when Miss Pennington touches him.
(d) He won't talk with Miss Pennington.
15. Who says "Mess up, I say...Fall flat on your face!"?
(b) Reverend Emmett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ian sing every December?
2. Who is the Church's certified vagrant?
3. What relationship does Daphne plan for Miss Pennington in Chapter Seven?
4. Who is Thomas Robert Dulsimore?
5. In Chapter Nine, who is Ian thinking of marrying?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)