|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rita serve for dinner on Christmas Eve?
(c) Black-eyed peas and rice.
(d) Roast beef.
2. Whom does Daphne remind Ian of?
3. What is unusual about the weather in May of 1988?
(a) It is cloudy with some sunshine.
(b) It rains almost every day.
(c) It is foggy.
(d) It is hot, dry and sunny.
4. What does Ian sing every December?
(a) "Silent Night."
(b) "Jingle Bells."
(c) "Dust off the fruitcake, it's Christmas again."
(d) "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas."
5. What does Ian discover about the name Lucy Dean?
(a) It was Lucy's maiden name.
(b) It was Lucy's married name.
(c) It was the name of Lucy's ex-boyfriend.
(d) It was the name of Lucy's friend from school.
6. Who is the Church's certified vagrant?
(b) Mrs. Jordan.
(c) Mr. Kitt.
(d) Eli Everjohn.
7. What advice does Reverend Emmett give Ian as they are walking home after the prayer meeting in Chapter Six?
(a) To find the children's father.
(b) To view his burden as a gift.
(c) To let his mother take of the children.
(d) To go back to college.
8. What is Miss Pennington's first name?
9. What kind of work do Daphne and Rita plan to become partners in?
(a) Maid service.
(c) Travel planning.
(d) Clutter counseling.
10. Who works for a software company, creating educational computer games?
11. Who insists that Ian attend a Parent/Teacher conference?
(d) Miss Pennington.
12. Who does Daphne see at the bar after she's gone to the resume shop?
13. What does Reverend Emmett tell Ian when he calls him to announce that Rita has given birth?
(a) To start eating healthier foods.
(b) To pray every day.
(c) That he'll be a good father.
(d) To make sure he calls his mother.
14. Why does Rita have to go to the hospital when she and Ian are with Daphne and Curt at the bar?
(b) She's bleeding.
(c) She got sick from too much beer.
(d) Food poisoning.
15. Who is Mrs. Millet?
(a) Jeanine's cousin.
(b) Thomas and Agatha's grandmother.
(c) An old high school friend.
(d) Danny's mother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the Queen and King of their senior prom?
2. What is the relationship between Bobbeen and Rita?
3. What happens when Agatha tries to wash the sheets at Thanksgiving time?
4. At the end of Chapter Seven, what do the children say they want for Ian?
5. Why does Ian want to find Thomas Dulsimore?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)