|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett before the prayer meeting at the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) He no longer wants to go to prayer meeting.
(b) His furniture is ready.
(c) He has decided not to go into the ministry.
(d) That Daphne is not attending prayer meeting.
2. What did Ian go to the market for when Agatha and Thomas were sick with the flu?
(b) Ice cream.
(c) Cough drops.
(d) Hearts of Palm salad.
3. Where does Ian meet Eli Everjohn?
(a) At Reverend Emmett's house.
(b) At his office.
(c) At his mother's house.
(d) At a bar.
4. What does Reverend Emmett tell Ian when he calls him to announce that Rita has given birth?
(a) To make sure he calls his mother.
(b) That he'll be a good father.
(c) To start eating healthier foods.
(d) To pray every day.
5. What kind of baby gift do the foreigners give Ian and Rita?
(a) Nightgown with pink ribbon.
(b) Stuffed bear.
(c) Baby bottles.
(d) White plastic potty chair.
6. What is Miss Pennington's first name?
7. At the end of Chapter Seven, what do the children say they want for Ian?
(a) Somebody wonderful enough to deserve him.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) More money.
(d) Better clothes.
8. After divorcing Thomas Dulsimore, where did Lucy move?
(a) Caro Mill.
9. Who is Rita?
(b) The household organizer.
(c) Church member.
(d) Daphne's boss.
10. What does Rita serve for dinner on Christmas Eve?
(a) Black-eyed peas and rice.
(b) Roast beef.
11. Who has to pick up Daphne every day after school when she's sixteen?
(c) Reverend Emmett.
12. At the end of the book, who tells Reverend Emmett that she's thinking of joining his church?
13. Where is Daphne working in Chapter Ten?
(a) Travel Away.
(b) Trips Unlimited.
(c) Destinations Unknown.
(d) Triple A.
14. What did Miss Pennington wear to the Parent/Teacher conference?
(a) A black dress.
(b) Blue suit.
(c) A blue, scooped neck dress.
(d) Green pantsuit.
15. Why does Ian want to find Thomas Dulsimore?
(a) To let Agatha and Thomas visit him.
(b) So Agatha and Thomas will know their genetic history.
(c) To receive child support.
(d) To give him Lucy's important papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Thomas Dulsimore die?
2. What does Daphne shout to the lady in the green Ford?
3. Where is Thomas going to college?
4. Who were the Queen and King of their senior prom?
5. What grade does Miss Pennington teach?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)