|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thomas say Ian is playing hard to get when Ian returns from the Parent/Teacher conference?
(a) He flirts with Miss Pennington.
(b) He moves his arm away when Miss Pennington touches him.
(c) He won't talk with Miss Pennington.
(d) He declines an invitation to the movies.
2. What kind of work does Sister Harriet do?
(d) Church work.
3. Who insists that Ian attend a Parent/Teacher conference?
(a) Miss Pennington.
4. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett before the prayer meeting at the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) His furniture is ready.
(b) He has decided not to go into the ministry.
(c) He no longer wants to go to prayer meeting.
(d) That Daphne is not attending prayer meeting.
5. Who works for a software company, creating educational computer games?
6. What happens to Reverend Emmett in Chapter Eight?
(a) Broken leg.
(c) A heart attack.
7. How tall is Rita?
(a) Five feet, six inches.
(b) Six feet.
(c) Six feet, two inches.
(d) Five feet.
8. Who is Thomas Robert Dulsimore?
(a) Eli Everjohn's cousin.
(b) Lucy's first husband.
(c) Doug's uncle.
(d) Reverend Emmett's friend.
9. Who is the Church's certified vagrant?
(a) Mr. Kitt.
(c) Eli Everjohn.
(d) Mrs. Jordan.
10. What is Curt's profession?
11. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett after the Prayer Meeting in Chapter Six?
(a) He feels he is wasting his life.
(b) He wants more prayer time.
(c) He wants advice on adopting the children.
(d) He needs help finding a job.
12. Who brought home a saltcellar shaped like a robot?
13. Where are the ceramic tiles from that Ian brings home while Rita is there?
14. In Chapter Six, when Ian sees Eli Everjohn for the second time at church, what does he ask him to do?
(a) Go out to dinner.
(b) Leave his family alone.
(c) Find Agatha and Thomas' father.
(d) Pray with him.
15. What kind of baby gift do the foreigners give Ian and Rita?
(a) Nightgown with pink ribbon.
(b) Stuffed bear.
(c) Baby bottles.
(d) White plastic potty chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work do Daphne and Rita plan to become partners in?
2. Who announces his engagement on Christmas Eve?
3. What is unusual about the weather in May of 1988?
4. Who is Rita?
5. What does Daphne encourage Ian to do when he's driving her home and they see a motorist in a green Ford?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)