|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not the type to carry a grudge, even when Agatha, Thomas, and Daphne have misbehaved with company?
(c) Sister Harriet.
2. Whom does Daphne remind Ian of?
3. Who brought home a saltcellar shaped like a robot?
4. What is Miss Pennington's first name?
5. What does Ian discover about the name Lucy Dean?
(a) It was Lucy's married name.
(b) It was the name of Lucy's friend from school.
(c) It was the name of Lucy's ex-boyfriend.
(d) It was Lucy's maiden name.
6. On Saturdays, what does the Church of the Second Chance do?
(a) Takes the day off.
(b) Prayer meetings.
(c) Performs good works for people.
(d) Cleans the church.
7. How did Thomas Dulsimore die?
(a) Natural causes.
(b) In a motorcycle crash.
(d) He drowned.
8. Who is Daphne's boyfriend?
9. Where does Ian go to find Daphne after school gets out at noon time?
(b) Sister Jessie's.
(d) Sarah Locklear's.
10. What does Reverend Emmett tell Ian when he calls him to announce that Rita has given birth?
(a) To start eating healthier foods.
(b) To make sure he calls his mother.
(c) To pray every day.
(d) That he'll be a good father.
11. What is the cold, white sauce that Reverend Emmett asks Ian to bring to dinner?
(a) Ranch dressing.
(b) Clam dip.
(c) Onion dip.
(d) Alfredo sauce.
12. What did Ian go to the market for when Agatha and Thomas were sick with the flu?
(a) Ice cream.
(c) Cough drops.
(d) Hearts of Palm salad.
13. On a vacation, how do the children react to Ian's swimming out beyond the breakers until he is just a dot?
(a) They cheer him on.
(b) They enlist the help of a lifeguard.
(c) They cry.
(d) They yell at him to return.
14. Who declines Ian's invitation to walk her home after the dinner party?
(a) Sister Harriet.
(b) Miss Pennington.
(d) Mrs. Kitt.
15. What is unusual about the weather in May of 1988?
(a) It is cloudy with some sunshine.
(b) It is foggy.
(c) It rains almost every day.
(d) It is hot, dry and sunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "Mess up, I say...Fall flat on your face!"?
2. Who is Mrs. Millet?
3. What is the relationship between Bobbeen and Rita?
4. What advice does Reverend Emmett give Ian as they are walking home after the prayer meeting in Chapter Six?
5. At the end of the book, who tells Reverend Emmett that she's thinking of joining his church?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)