|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Lucy "common as dirt"?
(b) Reverend Emmett.
(d) Mrs. Millet.
2. Who announces his engagement on Christmas Eve?
3. Where is Cicely living now that Ian is involved in the Church of the Second Chance?
4. What kind of work does Eli Everjohn do?
(a) Private detective.
5. What does Ian discover about the name Lucy Dean?
(a) It was the name of Lucy's friend from school.
(b) It was Lucy's maiden name.
(c) It was Lucy's married name.
(d) It was the name of Lucy's ex-boyfriend.
6. Why did Daphne get an in-school suspension?
(a) For drinking beer in a parked car during the lunch hour.
(b) For smoking in the bathroom.
(c) For talking back to a teacher.
(d) For skipping school.
7. How tall is Rita?
(a) Five feet.
(b) Six feet, two inches.
(c) Six feet.
(d) Five feet, six inches.
8. Who is Curt?
(a) The mailman.
(b) Daphne's new boyfriend.
(c) Ian's co-worker.
(d) Rita's ex-boyfriend.
9. What happens to Reverend Emmett in Chapter Eight?
(c) Broken leg.
(d) A heart attack.
10. When Agatha returns to the Bedloe house at Thanksgiving, what does she say about how the house looks?
(a) A mess.
(c) Likes the color of the kitchen.
(d) Just like before.
11. Who does Daphne see at the bar after she's gone to the resume shop?
12. Whom does Daphne remind Ian of?
13. Who is Mrs. Millet?
(a) Danny's mother-in-law.
(b) Jeanine's cousin.
(c) Thomas and Agatha's grandmother.
(d) An old high school friend.
14. What does Rita serve for dinner on Christmas Eve?
(a) Black-eyed peas and rice.
(b) Roast beef.
15. Who were the Queen and King of their senior prom?
(a) Lucy and Andrew.
(b) Lucy and Thomas.
(c) Lucy and Danny.
(d) Lucy and Gary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "Mess up, I say...Fall flat on your face!"?
2. Who is Thomas Robert Dulsimore?
3. Who comes up with the idea of finding a wife for Ian?
4. Who is fifteen and does not want to attend church anymore?
5. Why does Ian want to find Thomas Dulsimore?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)