|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the Queen and King of their senior prom?
(a) Lucy and Andrew.
(b) Lucy and Gary.
(c) Lucy and Thomas.
(d) Lucy and Danny.
2. What is the cold, white sauce that Reverend Emmett asks Ian to bring to dinner?
(a) Clam dip.
(b) Onion dip.
(c) Ranch dressing.
(d) Alfredo sauce.
3. At the end of Chapter Seven, what do the children say they want for Ian?
(a) More money.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) Better clothes.
(d) Somebody wonderful enough to deserve him.
4. Who is not the type to carry a grudge, even when Agatha, Thomas, and Daphne have misbehaved with company?
(c) Sister Harriet.
5. What kind of work does Eli Everjohn do?
(a) Private detective.
6. Who declines Ian's invitation to walk her home after the dinner party?
(a) Mrs. Kitt.
(b) Sister Harriet.
(c) Miss Pennington.
7. What did Ian go to the market for when Agatha and Thomas were sick with the flu?
(b) Cough drops.
(c) Ice cream.
(d) Hearts of Palm salad.
8. When Daphne has trouble finding a full-time job, where does she start working part-time?
(a) With Ian in the wood shop.
(b) At the library.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) For the elementary school.
9. In Chapter Six, when Ian sees Eli Everjohn for the second time at church, what does he ask him to do?
(a) Pray with him.
(b) Find Agatha and Thomas' father.
(c) Go out to dinner.
(d) Leave his family alone.
10. What does Daphne shout to the lady in the green Ford?
(a) To get on her side of the road.
(b) Her coat is caught in the door.
(c) Her date is wanted by the F.B.I.
(d) Her door is starting to open.
11. Why did Daphne get an in-school suspension?
(a) For talking back to a teacher.
(b) For skipping school.
(c) For smoking in the bathroom.
(d) For drinking beer in a parked car during the lunch hour.
12. What do Agatha and Daphne find in the cedar chest at the foot of Bee's bed?
(a) Hats and gloves.
(c) Photo albums.
13. Who is Mrs. Millet?
(a) An old high school friend.
(b) Danny's mother-in-law.
(c) Thomas and Agatha's grandmother.
(d) Jeanine's cousin.
14. When Rev. Emmett returns to preaching, what does he ask of Ian?
(a) To build him a cabinet.
(b) To train for the ministry.
(c) To say prayers for him.
(d) To do office work.
15. How did Thomas Dulsimore die?
(a) In a motorcycle crash.
(b) He drowned.
(d) Natural causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work does Sister Harriet do?
2. Whom does Ian see Gideon leaving school with in Chapter Eight?
3. Who is Curt?
4. Who brought home a saltcellar shaped like a robot?
5. What grade did Sister Harriet teach?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)