|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message did Sister Harriet's receive from her dream about speaking in gibberish in front of a blackboard?
(a) It reinforced her desire to communicate with the students.
(b) A message from God to get out of teaching.
(c) She needed more sleep.
(d) She needed to spend more time preparing for class.
2. Who comes up with the idea of finding a wife for Ian?
3. What grade did Sister Harriet teach?
4. What does Rita serve for dinner on Christmas Eve?
(c) Roast beef.
(d) Black-eyed peas and rice.
5. On Saturdays, what does the Church of the Second Chance do?
(a) Cleans the church.
(b) Takes the day off.
(c) Prayer meetings.
(d) Performs good works for people.
6. Who is fifteen and does not want to attend church anymore?
7. Who says "Mess up, I say...Fall flat on your face!"?
(a) Reverend Emmett.
8. How did Sister Jessie celebrate joining the Church of the Second Chance?
(a) Baking a cake.
(b) Drinking a split of champagne.
(c) Having a party.
(d) Saying extra prayers.
9. What is the name of Rita and Ian's new baby?
10. Who is Rita?
(a) Daphne's boss.
(c) The household organizer.
(d) Church member.
11. Who brought home a saltcellar shaped like a robot?
12. Who has to pick up Daphne every day after school when she's sixteen?
(c) Reverend Emmett.
13. What kind of baby cradle does Ian make?
(b) California oak.
(c) Virginia cherry.
14. What does Daphne encourage Ian to do when he's driving her home and they see a motorist in a green Ford?
(b) Shout at him.
(c) Pass him.
(d) Beep the horn.
15. What did Ian go to the market for when Agatha and Thomas were sick with the flu?
(a) Cough drops.
(b) Hearts of Palm salad.
(d) Ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Agatha is going through Bee's belongings after her death, what does she want to send to Claudia?
2. When Agatha returns to the Bedloe house at Thanksgiving, what does she say about how the house looks?
3. After divorcing Thomas Dulsimore, where did Lucy move?
4. Where does Ian go while he's waiting for Daphne to get out of school?
5. What is Miss Pennington's first name?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)