|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sister Jessie celebrate joining the Church of the Second Chance?
(a) Baking a cake.
(b) Having a party.
(c) Saying extra prayers.
(d) Drinking a split of champagne.
2. What kind of baby cradle does Ian make?
(c) Virginia cherry.
(d) California oak.
3. Where is Thomas going to college?
(a) Miami University.
(c) Baltimore Community College.
(d) University of Maryland.
4. What is Curt's profession?
5. What does Daphne shout to the lady in the green Ford?
(a) Her date is wanted by the F.B.I.
(b) Her coat is caught in the door.
(c) To get on her side of the road.
(d) Her door is starting to open.
6. Where does Ian go to find Daphne after school gets out at noon time?
(b) Sister Jessie's.
(d) Sarah Locklear's.
7. Whom does Ian see Gideon leaving school with in Chapter Eight?
(a) Redheaded girl.
(b) Blonde haired girl.
8. What does Ian tell Reverend Emmett after the Prayer Meeting in Chapter Six?
(a) He wants advice on adopting the children.
(b) He wants more prayer time.
(c) He needs help finding a job.
(d) He feels he is wasting his life.
9. What kind of baby gift do the foreigners give Ian and Rita?
(a) Nightgown with pink ribbon.
(b) Baby bottles.
(c) White plastic potty chair.
(d) Stuffed bear.
10. What kind of work do Daphne and Rita plan to become partners in?
(a) Clutter counseling.
(b) Maid service.
(d) Travel planning.
11. Who brought home a saltcellar shaped like a robot?
12. What does Ian sing every December?
(a) "Dust off the fruitcake, it's Christmas again."
(b) "Jingle Bells."
(c) "Silent Night."
(d) "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas."
13. In Chapter Ten, how long have Rita and Ian been married?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four months.
(d) Six months.
14. What does Rita serve for dinner on Christmas Eve?
(a) Black-eyed peas and rice.
(d) Roast beef.
15. What relationship does Daphne plan for Miss Pennington in Chapter Seven?
(a) To be a tutor for her sister.
(b) To be Mr. Kitt's girlfriend.
(c) To be Ian's wife.
(d) To be Daphne's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Daphne get an in-school suspension?
2. Who is Thomas Robert Dulsimore?
3. When Rev. Emmett returns to preaching, what does he ask of Ian?
4. What is the cold, white sauce that Reverend Emmett asks Ian to bring to dinner?
5. Who declines Ian's invitation to walk her home after the dinner party?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)