|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rita have to go to the hospital when she and Ian are with Daphne and Curt at the bar?
(a) She's bleeding.
(c) She got sick from too much beer.
(d) Food poisoning.
2. Who declines Ian's invitation to walk her home after the dinner party?
(a) Mrs. Kitt.
(b) Sister Harriet.
(d) Miss Pennington.
3. What happens to Reverend Emmett in Chapter Eight?
(a) Broken leg.
(c) A heart attack.
4. Where does Ian go while he's waiting for Daphne to get out of school?
(a) Post office.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Methodist Church.
5. Who dies in Chapter Nine?
6. Whom does Daphne remind Ian of?
7. When Agatha is going through Bee's belongings after her death, what does she want to send to Claudia?
(b) Pots and pans.
8. At the end of Chapter Seven, what do the children say they want for Ian?
(a) Better clothes.
(b) A housekeeper.
(c) Somebody wonderful enough to deserve him.
(d) More money.
9. How tall is Rita?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Five feet, six inches.
(c) Six feet, two inches.
(d) Five feet.
10. Who says "Mess up, I say...Fall flat on your face!"?
(a) Reverend Emmett.
11. Who has to pick up Daphne every day after school when she's sixteen?
(c) Reverend Emmett.
12. What grade does Miss Pennington teach?
13. When Rev. Emmett returns to preaching, what does he ask of Ian?
(a) To say prayers for him.
(b) To train for the ministry.
(c) To build him a cabinet.
(d) To do office work.
14. What kind of work do Daphne and Rita plan to become partners in?
(a) Clutter counseling.
(b) Travel planning.
(d) Maid service.
15. What does Reverend Emmett tell Ian when he calls him to announce that Rita has given birth?
(a) That he'll be a good father.
(b) To make sure he calls his mother.
(c) To pray every day.
(d) To start eating healthier foods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the ceramic tiles from that Ian brings home while Rita is there?
2. Who brought home a saltcellar shaped like a robot?
3. What relationship does Daphne plan for Miss Pennington in Chapter Seven?
4. After divorcing Thomas Dulsimore, where did Lucy move?
5. What message did Sister Harriet's receive from her dream about speaking in gibberish in front of a blackboard?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)