|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gracie?
(a) Cicely's friend
(b) Billy's friend.
(c) A girl who picked up Agatha and Thomas from school while Bee was in the hospital.
(d) Bee's neighbor.
2. How does Danny kill himself?
(a) By taking too many drugs.
(b) By falling asleep while driving.
(c) By getting hit by a car while walking home.
(d) By crashing his car into a stone wall.
3. Who is the only person who knows how guilty Ian feels about Danny's death?
4. How does Ian help Gracie with her apartment in Chapter Five?
(a) He repairs the stairs.
(b) He paints the walls.
(c) He fixes her garbage disposal.
(d) He plugs up the rat holes.
5. Who visits Agatha and Thomas with a picnic basket of fried chicken and chocolate cake while their mother naps?
(b) Mr. Bellings.
(c) Mr. Rumford.
(d) Ian and Bee Bedloe.
6. What does Lucy send to her ex-husband by airmail?
(a) Photo album.
(b) Tennis racket.
(c) Bowling ball.
7. What does Ian envy about the man he meets on his job who is installing cabinets?
(a) He doesn't talk.
(b) He has a degree from a business school.
(c) He makes a lot of money.
(d) He is deaf, and seems serene in his silent world.
8. What does Ian tell Claudia when they're in the kitchen lighting the candles on their father's birthday cake?
(a) That he's in trouble with the police.
(b) That he wants to tell Danny that Daphne was not premature.
(c) That he's going to college.
(d) That he has a new job.
9. How does Agatha wake up Lucy when she's been sleeping for a long time?
(b) A spoonful of instant coffee in a coke.
(c) Loud music.
(d) Fresh air.
10. What did Reverend Emmett start when he dropped out of an Episcopal Seminary?
(a) Presbyterian Day Camp.
(b) The Church of the Second Chance.
(c) Educational course for children.
(d) Class for lapsed catholics.
11. What does Daphne want to take to Day Camp as a toddler?
(a) Her favorite doll.
(b) Her blanket.
(c) Her pet bird.
(d) Her lawn mower pull toy.
12. Why doesn't Thomas eat any cake at Claudia's birthday party?
(a) He's allergic to chocolate.
(b) He ate too much candy.
(c) He likes ice cream better.
(d) Because it is a Church rule.
13. When Lucy calls Mr. Rumford one evening, who answers the phone?
(a) Mr. Rumford.
(b) The maid.
(c) Mr. Rumford's niece.
(d) Mrs. Rumford.
14. What table does Agatha get to sit at during Claudia's birthday party?
(a) The "Difficult Ages" table.
(b) The adult and children's table.
(c) The children's table.
(d) Her own table.
15. Whose car broke down the night Danny killed himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Doug notice on the roof, trying to pass a wire through a window?
2. Whom does Bee talk about to Doug on the car ride home after the picnic?
3. What does Claudia bake for her father's 59th birthday?
4. What does Mrs. Myrdal say she caught Lucy shoplifting during one of their excursions together?
5. Who stays at Claudia's birthday party for only a few minutes before leaving with some friends from college?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)