|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is born on Ian's birthday, January 2?
2. What does Ian envy about the man he meets on his job who is installing cabinets?
(a) He has a degree from a business school.
(b) He makes a lot of money.
(c) He is deaf, and seems serene in his silent world.
(d) He doesn't talk.
3. Where did Agatha and Thomas live with their biological father?
(a) In Boise, Idaho.
(b) In a silver trailer.
(c) In a small greenhouse.
(d) With his parents.
4. How does Ian fix the marred dining table after the Church's picnic?
(a) With soap.
(b) Puts a tablecloth over it.
(c) Uses polishing liquid.
(d) Calls a refinisher.
5. When Mr. Belling comes to visit Lucy in the apartment over the pharmacy, what does he give Agatha and Thomas?
(a) Baseball cards.
(b) Movie tickets.
(d) Money for candy.
6. What is Lucy wearing on her feet when she cleans up the water in the bathroom?
(a) Danny's shoes.
(b) Agatha's slippers.
(c) Her boots.
7. How many children does Lucy have before she marries Danny?
8. Whom does Doug notice on the roof, trying to pass a wire through a window?
(b) The postman.
(d) One of the foreigners.
9. Who wears plaid shirts, ripped jeans, and high tops held together with electrical tape to school?
(b) Mr. Bedloe.
10. Who quit college to work for the post office?
(a) Mrs. Jordan.
11. When Ian arrives home from college for Lucy's funeral, what does Bee do the first night he is home?
(a) Gives him Daphne and goes to bed.
(b) Makes a cake.
(c) Helps him take care of Daphne.
(d) Takes Agatha for a haircut.
12. Where did Danny and Lucy first meet?
(a) The post office.
(b) A dance.
(c) The cafe on main street.
(d) A friend's house.
13. Which member of the Bedloe family does not always look on the bright side of things?
14. Who is taking pills and sleeping all the time after Danny dies?
(a) Bee Bedloe.
15. Who visits Agatha and Thomas with a picnic basket of fried chicken and chocolate cake while their mother naps?
(b) Mr. Rumford.
(c) Mr. Bellings.
(d) Ian and Bee Bedloe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Thomas that he cannot look in his mother's jewelry box because he can't keep secrets?
2. In the car ride home after the picnic, who says that Ian is a whole different person?
3. What does Claudia bake for her father's 59th birthday?
4. How does Danny kill himself?
5. What did Sister Audrey leave in a dumpster?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)