|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Agatha and Thomas live with their biological father?
(a) In a small greenhouse.
(b) In Boise, Idaho.
(c) With his parents.
(d) In a silver trailer.
2. What does Doug think about being retired?
(a) He has enough time to help with the children.
(b) He's so busy.
(c) He finds it boring.
(d) He can finally plant a garden.
3. Whom does Ian invite to the Church of the Second Chance's picnic?
(a) Bee and Doug.
4. In Chapter One, who wears a pink barrette to meet her son from school?
5. How does Ian fix the marred dining table after the Church's picnic?
(a) Puts a tablecloth over it.
(b) With soap.
(c) Calls a refinisher.
(d) Uses polishing liquid.
6. What does Ian envy about the man he meets on his job who is installing cabinets?
(a) He has a degree from a business school.
(b) He makes a lot of money.
(c) He doesn't talk.
(d) He is deaf, and seems serene in his silent world.
7. Where did Danny and Lucy first meet?
(a) The cafe on main street.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) A dance.
(d) The post office.
8. What are Thomas and Agatha doing while their mother naps in the beginning of Chapter Two?
(a) Playing with playdough.
(d) Building legos.
9. How does Danny kill himself?
(a) By crashing his car into a stone wall.
(b) By taking too many drugs.
(c) By getting hit by a car while walking home.
(d) By falling asleep while driving.
10. Whom is Doug trying to locate to take care of Lucy's children?
(a) Mr. Bellings.
(b) Mr. Rumford.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her ex-husband.
11. In what month do Lucy and Danny marry?
12. Whom does Doug notice on the roof, trying to pass a wire through a window?
(b) The postman.
(d) One of the foreigners.
13. Why does Agatha say she can't pick up the baby, Daphne, and give her a bottle when Daphne wakes up crying?
(a) She can't get her out of the crib.
(b) She is too small to hold a baby.
(c) Because Thomas dropped Daphne the week before.
(d) She doesn't feel comfortable.
14. Who quit college to work for the post office?
(c) Mrs. Jordan.
15. Who is the only person who knows how guilty Ian feels about Danny's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bee think her family has turned into now that Danny is gone?
2. After the picnic, what does Bee admit to herself, and to Doug, about Lucy's children?
3. Who wears plaid shirts, ripped jeans, and high tops held together with electrical tape to school?
4. Where is Ian sending Agatha, Thomas, and Daphne for Day Camp?
5. Whose suit is rucked up around his ankles from static cling, so that he looks like he's wading in the ocean?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)