|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ian think Danny killed himself?
(a) Ian told him Lucy was having an affair.
(b) He took too many drugs.
(c) He was tired of living.
(d) He longed for Cicely.
2. What does Daphne want to take to Day Camp as a toddler?
(a) Her blanket.
(b) Her pet bird.
(c) Her favorite doll.
(d) Her lawn mower pull toy.
3. What does Lucy send to her ex-husband by airmail?
(a) Tennis racket.
(c) Photo album.
(d) Bowling ball.
4. Who is taking pills and sleeping all the time after Danny dies?
(a) Bee Bedloe.
5. Whose suit is rucked up around his ankles from static cling, so that he looks like he's wading in the ocean?
(b) College president's.
(d) Ian's roommate's.
6. What does Agatha bring for sharing hour at camp that comes from her mother's jewelry box?
(b) A strand of pearls.
(c) A photo.
(d) A mustard seed.
7. How does Danny describe Lucy when he brings her home for the first time?
(a) A former girlfriend the family never knew about.
(b) A friend he just met.
(c) Someone he met in college.
(d) The woman who changed his life.
8. How do the children at the Church Day Camp feel about Sister Audrey?
9. What does Kenny Larson's doctor say the children need before they can go in the above ground pool?
(a) Bathing caps.
(c) Swim lessons.
10. What did Sister Audrey leave in a dumpster?
(a) Important papers.
(b) A newborn baby.
(c) Yesterday's trash.
(d) Her favorite sweater.
11. At Claudia's birthday party, who does Thomas suspect is not a true Christian?
12. What does Agatha tell Ian to do when he tries to stop Daphne from crying in Chapter Three?
(a) Give her a warm bath.
(b) Walk her.
(c) Rock her.
(d) Take her for a ride in the stroller.
13. Who starts a fire in the attic while trying to install an intercom?
(b) Reverend Emmett.
(d) The foreigners.
14. What is Lucy wearing on her feet when she cleans up the water in the bathroom?
(a) Her boots.
(c) Agatha's slippers.
(d) Danny's shoes.
15. Who is the only person who knows how guilty Ian feels about Danny's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claudia bake for her father's 59th birthday?
2. Who is watching her relative's large horse farm where the Church has an indoor picnic?
3. Who is Ian's girlfriend since ninth grade?
4. What story does Agatha tell Thomas when he complains that his mother didn't read to him before bed?
5. What does Ian tell Claudia when they're in the kitchen lighting the candles on their father's birthday cake?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)