|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Claudia's birthday party, who does Thomas suspect is not a true Christian?
2. What is Lucy wearing on her feet when she cleans up the water in the bathroom?
(b) Her boots.
(c) Agatha's slippers.
(d) Danny's shoes.
3. What pets do the Bedloes have?
(a) Hamster and a guinea pig.
(b) Dog, cat, and a goldfish.
(c) Two cats.
(d) Three turtles.
4. Who tells Thomas that he cannot look in his mother's jewelry box because he can't keep secrets?
5. What did Sister Audrey leave in a dumpster?
(a) Her favorite sweater.
(b) Yesterday's trash.
(c) A newborn baby.
(d) Important papers.
6. At what time does Rev. Emmett visit the Church Day Camp in Chapter Four?
(a) First thing in the morning.
(b) Lunch time.
(c) Juice time.
(d) Recess time.
7. What does Mrs. Myrdal say she caught Lucy shoplifting during one of their excursions together?
(c) A silk blouse.
(d) A red dress.
8. What is the name of the high school that Ian attends?
(a) Hawthorne High School.
(b) Saints High School.
(c) Post High School.
(d) Poe High School.
9. How does Ian fix the marred dining table after the Church's picnic?
(a) Calls a refinisher.
(b) With soap.
(c) Uses polishing liquid.
(d) Puts a tablecloth over it.
10. What does Ian tell Claudia when they're in the kitchen lighting the candles on their father's birthday cake?
(a) That he's in trouble with the police.
(b) That he wants to tell Danny that Daphne was not premature.
(c) That he has a new job.
(d) That he's going to college.
11. Whom does Bee talk about to Doug on the car ride home after the picnic?
(b) Her mother.
12. What does Daphne want to take to Day Camp as a toddler?
(a) Her pet bird.
(b) Her favorite doll.
(c) Her lawn mower pull toy.
(d) Her blanket.
13. Why does Agatha say she can't pick up the baby, Daphne, and give her a bottle when Daphne wakes up crying?
(a) She can't get her out of the crib.
(b) She doesn't feel comfortable.
(c) Because Thomas dropped Daphne the week before.
(d) She is too small to hold a baby.
14. What does Doug Bedloe teach at the high school?
(a) Social Studies.
15. Who wears a stiff white shirt and black pants to the Day Camp?
(b) Dr. Deaver.
(d) Reverend Emmett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doug think about being retired?
2. Who visits Agatha and Thomas with a picnic basket of fried chicken and chocolate cake while their mother naps?
3. Where did Agatha and Thomas live with their biological father?
4. What does Lucy send to her ex-husband by airmail?
5. When Lucy calls Mr. Rumford one evening, who answers the phone?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)