|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudia bake for her father's 59th birthday?
(a) A coconut cake that looks like a bathmat.
(b) A double chocolate cake.
(d) A raspberry pie.
2. Who stays at Claudia's birthday party for only a few minutes before leaving with some friends from college?
3. How does Danny describe Lucy when he brings her home for the first time?
(a) The woman who changed his life.
(b) A friend he just met.
(c) Someone he met in college.
(d) A former girlfriend the family never knew about.
4. Who quit college to work for the post office?
(b) Mrs. Jordan.
5. When Mr. Belling stops visiting Lucy, where does Lucy find a job?
(a) Fill 'Er Up Cafe.
(d) Post office.
6. Who is watching her relative's large horse farm where the Church has an indoor picnic?
(c) Mrs. Jordan.
(d) Sister Priscilla.
7. What did the church women serve for dessert at the indoor picnic?
(b) Fruit salad.
8. What does Doug Bedloe teach at the high school?
(d) Social Studies.
9. What is Waverly Street?
(a) The street next to the Bedloe's street.
(b) The street where Lucy and Danny live.
(c) The street where the Bedloes live.
(d) The street where the post office is located.
10. In Chapter One, who wears a pink barrette to meet her son from school?
11. When Ian arrives home from college for Lucy's funeral, what does Bee do the first night he is home?
(a) Makes a cake.
(b) Gives him Daphne and goes to bed.
(c) Takes Agatha for a haircut.
(d) Helps him take care of Daphne.
12. What is the name of the high school that Ian attends?
(a) Hawthorne High School.
(b) Poe High School.
(c) Saints High School.
(d) Post High School.
13. How do the children at the Church Day Camp feel about Sister Audrey?
14. Where does Ian work the summer after Danny's death?
(a) Pete's Towing.
(b) Sid & Ed's A-1 Movers.
(c) Jim's Barbershop.
(d) Sam's Garage.
15. What does Ian envy about the man he meets on his job who is installing cabinets?
(a) He is deaf, and seems serene in his silent world.
(b) He makes a lot of money.
(c) He has a degree from a business school.
(d) He doesn't talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose car broke down the night Danny killed himself?
2. Who decides to take a leave of absence from school until Daphne is in first grade?
3. What does Kenny Larson's doctor say the children need before they can go in the above ground pool?
4. Why can't Bee take care of Lucy's children?
5. How does Agatha wake up Lucy when she's been sleeping for a long time?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)