|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Thomas that he cannot look in his mother's jewelry box because he can't keep secrets?
2. Who wears plaid shirts, ripped jeans, and high tops held together with electrical tape to school?
(b) Mr. Bedloe.
3. When Lucy calls Mr. Rumford one evening, who answers the phone?
(a) Mr. Rumford's niece.
(b) The maid.
(c) Mr. Rumford.
(d) Mrs. Rumford.
4. In Chapter One, who wears a pink barrette to meet her son from school?
5. Whose car broke down the night Danny killed himself?
6. Why can't Bee take care of Lucy's children?
(a) She has arthritis.
(b) She lives too far away.
(c) She has a broken arm.
(d) Lucy doesn't want her help.
7. How does Ian fix the marred dining table after the Church's picnic?
(a) Puts a tablecloth over it.
(b) Calls a refinisher.
(c) With soap.
(d) Uses polishing liquid.
8. Whom does Ian invite to the Church of the Second Chance's picnic?
(a) Bee and Doug.
9. Who is Ian's girlfriend since ninth grade?
10. What happens to the foreigners' car after they install a garage door opener?
(a) The car has to be left in the driveway.
(b) The car is protected from the weather.
(c) The door falls down onto the car when it's halfway in the garage.
(d) The car is in a wreck.
11. Where does Ian work the summer after Danny's death?
(a) Sam's Garage.
(b) Pete's Towing.
(c) Jim's Barbershop.
(d) Sid & Ed's A-1 Movers.
12. How old is Sister Audrey?
13. What does Daphne want to take to Day Camp as a toddler?
(a) Her blanket.
(b) Her favorite doll.
(c) Her lawn mower pull toy.
(d) Her pet bird.
14. Why doesn't Thomas eat any cake at Claudia's birthday party?
(a) Because it is a Church rule.
(b) He ate too much candy.
(c) He likes ice cream better.
(d) He's allergic to chocolate.
15. Who tells Bee that she took a long walk with the children and tired herself out?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ian tell Claudia when they're in the kitchen lighting the candles on their father's birthday cake?
2. What pets do the Bedloes have?
3. What did Sister Audrey leave in a dumpster?
4. What does Kenny Larson's doctor say the children need before they can go in the above ground pool?
5. How does Ian help Gracie with her apartment in Chapter Five?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)