|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fairy tale characters does Agatha compare herself and her brother with, after her mother sips a coke and takes pills at her bedside?
(a) Beauty and the Beast.
(b) Cinderella and Prince Charming.
(c) Hansel and Gretel.
(d) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
2. What story does Ian read to Agatha and Thomas at the Bedloe house after Lucy has died?
(a) Hansel and Gretel.
(b) The Sad Little Bunny.
(c) Goodnight Moon.
(d) I Love You This Much.
3. What is Waverly Street?
(a) The street next to the Bedloe's street.
(b) The street where the Bedloes live.
(c) The street where the post office is located.
(d) The street where Lucy and Danny live.
4. Why does Lucy have no one to help her with her children?
(a) She wants to do it herself.
(b) Her standards are too high.
(c) Her friends are busy.
(d) She has no relatives.
5. What does Doug think about being retired?
(a) He finds it boring.
(b) He can finally plant a garden.
(c) He has enough time to help with the children.
(d) He's so busy.
6. At what time does Rev. Emmett visit the Church Day Camp in Chapter Four?
(a) Recess time.
(b) Juice time.
(c) First thing in the morning.
(d) Lunch time.
7. Who starts a fire in the attic while trying to install an intercom?
(a) Reverend Emmett.
(d) The foreigners.
8. In Chapter One, who wears a pink barrette to meet her son from school?
9. At Claudia's birthday party, who does Thomas suspect is not a true Christian?
10. How does Ian fix the marred dining table after the Church's picnic?
(a) Uses polishing liquid.
(b) Puts a tablecloth over it.
(c) Calls a refinisher.
(d) With soap.
11. At the beginning of Chapter Three, what is Ian watching through a microscope in science class?
(a) A drop of water.
(b) A fly's wing.
(c) A spider.
(d) An amoeba.
12. When Claudia brings a casserole to the house in Chapter Five, what does she remark on?
(a) How small the house seems.
(b) How clean the house is.
(c) How much cleaning there is to do.
(d) How dirty the house is.
13. What pets do the Bedloes have?
(a) Hamster and a guinea pig.
(b) Three turtles.
(c) Two cats.
(d) Dog, cat, and a goldfish.
14. When Mr. Belling comes to visit Lucy in the apartment over the pharmacy, what does he give Agatha and Thomas?
(b) Baseball cards.
(c) Money for candy.
(d) Movie tickets.
15. What table does Agatha get to sit at during Claudia's birthday party?
(a) Her own table.
(b) The "Difficult Ages" table.
(c) The children's table.
(d) The adult and children's table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agatha tell Ian to do when he tries to stop Daphne from crying in Chapter Three?
2. In what month do Lucy and Danny marry?
3. Whose suit is rucked up around his ankles from static cling, so that he looks like he's wading in the ocean?
4. What did Reverend Emmett start when he dropped out of an Episcopal Seminary?
5. Where does Ian work the summer after Danny's death?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)