Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Bee take care of Lucy's children?
(a) She has a broken arm.
(b) She lives too far away.
(c) She has arthritis.
(d) Lucy doesn't want her help.
2. Who is Ian's girlfriend since ninth grade?
3. Where did Agatha and Thomas live with their biological father?
(a) With his parents.
(b) In a small greenhouse.
(c) In a silver trailer.
(d) In Boise, Idaho.
4. What did Reverend Emmett start when he dropped out of an Episcopal Seminary?
(a) Presbyterian Day Camp.
(b) Class for lapsed catholics.
(c) Educational course for children.
(d) The Church of the Second Chance.
5. What does Claudia bake for her father's 59th birthday?
(b) A coconut cake that looks like a bathmat.
(c) A double chocolate cake.
(d) A raspberry pie.
6. At what time does Rev. Emmett visit the Church Day Camp in Chapter Four?
(a) Recess time.
(b) Lunch time.
(c) Juice time.
(d) First thing in the morning.
7. Who misses Danny because he could really talk to him?
(d) Mr. Kit.
8. What does Mrs. Myrdal say she caught Lucy shoplifting during one of their excursions together?
(a) A red dress.
(c) A silk blouse.
9. What does Ian tell Claudia when they're in the kitchen lighting the candles on their father's birthday cake?
(a) That he's going to college.
(b) That he's in trouble with the police.
(c) That he wants to tell Danny that Daphne was not premature.
(d) That he has a new job.
10. Who quit college to work for the post office?
(b) Mrs. Jordan.
11. What are Thomas and Agatha doing while their mother naps in the beginning of Chapter Two?
(a) Playing with playdough.
(b) Building legos.
12. After the picnic, what does Bee admit to herself, and to Doug, about Lucy's children?
(a) She is happy they are living with her.
(b) One is Danny's.
(c) She blames Doug for their bad behavior.
(d) They are all someone else's.
13. Why doesn't Thomas eat any cake at Claudia's birthday party?
(a) Because it is a Church rule.
(b) He likes ice cream better.
(c) He's allergic to chocolate.
(d) He ate too much candy.
14. In chapter Two, what does Lucy steal from the drug store after visiting the typewriter store?
(a) Life savers.
(b) Protein bars.
(c) Gummy bears.
(d) Chocolate bars.
15. Who stays at Claudia's birthday party for only a few minutes before leaving with some friends from college?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "It's the people who don't know the answers who are going to heaven, I tell you"?
2. Whom does Bee talk about to Doug on the car ride home after the picnic?
3. Whose suit is rucked up around his ankles from static cling, so that he looks like he's wading in the ocean?
4. Who is taking pills and sleeping all the time after Danny dies?
5. Who starts a fire in the attic while trying to install an intercom?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)