|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claudia bring her mother to help with her arthritis?
(a) Exercise instructions for arthritics.
(b) Lotion for her hands.
(c) A heating pad.
(d) Department store white gloves.
2. In Chapter One, who wears a pink barrette to meet her son from school?
3. Who stays at Claudia's birthday party for only a few minutes before leaving with some friends from college?
4. In the car ride home after the picnic, who says that Ian is a whole different person?
5. What table does Agatha get to sit at during Claudia's birthday party?
(a) The children's table.
(b) The adult and children's table.
(c) The "Difficult Ages" table.
(d) Her own table.
6. What story does Ian read to Agatha and Thomas at the Bedloe house after Lucy has died?
(a) I Love You This Much.
(b) Hansel and Gretel.
(c) The Sad Little Bunny.
(d) Goodnight Moon.
7. What pets do the Bedloes have?
(a) Hamster and a guinea pig.
(b) Three turtles.
(c) Dog, cat, and a goldfish.
(d) Two cats.
8. How many children does Lucy have before she marries Danny?
9. What are Thomas and Agatha doing while their mother naps in the beginning of Chapter Two?
(c) Building legos.
(d) Playing with playdough.
10. Who told Mrs. Jordan the name of Agatha and Thomas' father?
11. What does Lucy die from?
(b) A car crash.
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) An overdose of pills.
12. What does Claudia bake for her father's 59th birthday?
(a) A raspberry pie.
(b) A double chocolate cake.
(d) A coconut cake that looks like a bathmat.
13. What does Agatha wish for when she sees the first star at night after Danny's death?
(a) A better world.
(b) A new dress.
(c) To be safe.
(d) To be forgiven.
14. Who quit college to work for the post office?
(d) Mrs. Jordan.
15. Why does Ian think Danny killed himself?
(a) Ian told him Lucy was having an affair.
(b) He took too many drugs.
(c) He longed for Cicely.
(d) He was tired of living.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Danny kill himself?
2. In what month do Lucy and Danny marry?
3. What does Ian envy about the man he meets on his job who is installing cabinets?
4. What fairy tale characters does Agatha compare herself and her brother with, after her mother sips a coke and takes pills at her bedside?
5. Who tells Thomas that he cannot look in his mother's jewelry box because he can't keep secrets?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)