|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to baby-sit the children during Lucy's funeral?
(b) Mrs. Thomas.
(d) Mrs. Myrdal.
2. What does Thomas believe is the point of being Christian?
(a) If you are good enough, you get to meet again in heaven.
(b) The physical and the spiritual connection.
(c) To be kind.
(d) To be loving.
3. Why does Lucy have no one to help her with her children?
(a) Her standards are too high.
(b) She has no relatives.
(c) She wants to do it herself.
(d) Her friends are busy.
4. Why does Ian think Danny killed himself?
(a) He was tired of living.
(b) Ian told him Lucy was having an affair.
(c) He took too many drugs.
(d) He longed for Cicely.
5. Who is the only person who knows how guilty Ian feels about Danny's death?
6. What is the name of the high school that Ian attends?
(a) Poe High School.
(b) Saints High School.
(c) Hawthorne High School.
(d) Post High School.
7. At the beginning of Chapter Three, what is Ian watching through a microscope in science class?
(a) A fly's wing.
(b) A drop of water.
(c) An amoeba.
(d) A spider.
8. What does Agatha tell Ian to do when he tries to stop Daphne from crying in Chapter Three?
(a) Give her a warm bath.
(b) Take her for a ride in the stroller.
(c) Walk her.
(d) Rock her.
9. Who wears a stiff white shirt and black pants to the Day Camp?
(b) Reverend Emmett.
(c) Dr. Deaver.
10. What is Waverly Street?
(a) The street where the post office is located.
(b) The street next to the Bedloe's street.
(c) The street where the Bedloes live.
(d) The street where Lucy and Danny live.
11. Who wears plaid shirts, ripped jeans, and high tops held together with electrical tape to school?
(b) Mr. Bedloe.
12. What does Doug think about being retired?
(a) He finds it boring.
(b) He has enough time to help with the children.
(c) He's so busy.
(d) He can finally plant a garden.
13. When Lucy calls Mr. Rumford one evening, who answers the phone?
(a) Mrs. Rumford.
(b) The maid.
(c) Mr. Rumford.
(d) Mr. Rumford's niece.
14. Who says, "It's the people who don't know the answers who are going to heaven, I tell you"?
(a) Mrs. Jordon.
(b) Mac McClintock.
(c) Doug Bedloe.
15. In the car ride home after the picnic, who says that Ian is a whole different person?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doug Bedloe teach at the high school?
2. What is Lucy wearing on her feet when she cleans up the water in the bathroom?
3. What table does Agatha get to sit at during Claudia's birthday party?
4. What does Agatha bring for sharing hour at camp that comes from her mother's jewelry box?
5. In Chapter One, who wears a pink barrette to meet her son from school?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)