|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, who changes Daphne's diaper while she is still in the crib?
2. After the picnic, what does Bee admit to herself, and to Doug, about Lucy's children?
(a) She blames Doug for their bad behavior.
(b) One is Danny's.
(c) They are all someone else's.
(d) She is happy they are living with her.
3. What story does Agatha tell Thomas when he complains that his mother didn't read to him before bed?
(b) Hansel and Gretel.
(c) The Little Engine That Could.
(d) Snow White.
4. How does Agatha wake up Lucy when she's been sleeping for a long time?
(a) A spoonful of instant coffee in a coke.
(c) Loud music.
(d) Fresh air.
5. Why does Agatha say she can't pick up the baby, Daphne, and give her a bottle when Daphne wakes up crying?
(a) She can't get her out of the crib.
(b) She is too small to hold a baby.
(c) Because Thomas dropped Daphne the week before.
(d) She doesn't feel comfortable.
6. Who wears a stiff white shirt and black pants to the Day Camp?
(c) Dr. Deaver.
(d) Reverend Emmett.
7. What does Doug think about being retired?
(a) He's so busy.
(b) He has enough time to help with the children.
(c) He can finally plant a garden.
(d) He finds it boring.
8. In Chapter One, who wears a pink barrette to meet her son from school?
9. When the toilet overflows in Chapter Two, who is the last person to have used it?
10. What are Thomas and Agatha doing while their mother naps in the beginning of Chapter Two?
(b) Building legos.
(c) Playing with playdough.
11. Where does Ian work the summer after Danny's death?
(a) Sam's Garage.
(b) Sid & Ed's A-1 Movers.
(c) Pete's Towing.
(d) Jim's Barbershop.
12. What does Mrs. Myrdal say she caught Lucy shoplifting during one of their excursions together?
(a) A silk blouse.
(d) A red dress.
13. In the car ride home after the picnic, who says that Ian is a whole different person?
14. Who is taking pills and sleeping all the time after Danny dies?
(a) Bee Bedloe.
15. What does Ian envy about the man he meets on his job who is installing cabinets?
(a) He has a degree from a business school.
(b) He makes a lot of money.
(c) He is deaf, and seems serene in his silent world.
(d) He doesn't talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Claudia's birthday party, who does Thomas suspect is not a true Christian?
2. In what month do Lucy and Danny marry?
3. What does Agatha tell Ian to do when he tries to stop Daphne from crying in Chapter Three?
4. When Mr. Belling stops visiting Lucy, where does Lucy find a job?
5. Who is watching her relative's large horse farm where the Church has an indoor picnic?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)