|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Reverend Emmett start when he dropped out of an Episcopal Seminary?
(a) Presbyterian Day Camp.
(b) The Church of the Second Chance.
(c) Class for lapsed catholics.
(d) Educational course for children.
2. How does Agatha wake up Lucy when she's been sleeping for a long time?
(a) A spoonful of instant coffee in a coke.
(b) Loud music.
(d) Fresh air.
3. Who is Ian's girlfriend since ninth grade?
4. Whose car broke down the night Danny killed himself?
5. Where is Ian sending Agatha, Thomas, and Daphne for Day Camp?
(a) The Church of the Second Chance.
(b) Presbyterian Day Camp.
(c) Waverly Camp.
(d) Saint Maybe Camp.
6. Who decides to take a leave of absence from school until Daphne is in first grade?
(d) Mr. Bedloe.
7. Who tells Bee that she took a long walk with the children and tired herself out?
8. Where does Ian work the summer after Danny's death?
(a) Jim's Barbershop.
(b) Pete's Towing.
(c) Sam's Garage.
(d) Sid & Ed's A-1 Movers.
9. After the picnic, what does Bee admit to herself, and to Doug, about Lucy's children?
(a) One is Danny's.
(b) She blames Doug for their bad behavior.
(c) They are all someone else's.
(d) She is happy they are living with her.
10. What does Thomas believe is the point of being Christian?
(a) If you are good enough, you get to meet again in heaven.
(b) To be kind.
(c) To be loving.
(d) The physical and the spiritual connection.
11. Who comes to baby-sit the children during Lucy's funeral?
(a) Mrs. Myrdal.
(c) Mrs. Thomas.
12. Who is the only person who knows how guilty Ian feels about Danny's death?
13. Who is Mr. Rumford?
(a) The typewriter man.
(b) The owner of the cafe.
(c) A teacher at the high school.
(d) A neighbor.
14. What table does Agatha get to sit at during Claudia's birthday party?
(a) Her own table.
(b) The adult and children's table.
(c) The children's table.
(d) The "Difficult Ages" table.
15. What does Claudia bring her mother to help with her arthritis?
(a) Department store white gloves.
(b) A heating pad.
(c) Exercise instructions for arthritics.
(d) Lotion for her hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pets do the Bedloes have?
2. When the toilet overflows in Chapter Two, who is the last person to have used it?
3. When Claudia brings a casserole to the house in Chapter Five, what does she remark on?
4. What does Lucy die from?
5. What does Agatha bring for sharing hour at camp that comes from her mother's jewelry box?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)