|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Agatha and Thomas with a picnic basket of fried chicken and chocolate cake while their mother naps?
(a) Mr. Rumford.
(b) Ian and Bee Bedloe.
(d) Mr. Bellings.
2. What did the church women serve for dessert at the indoor picnic?
(d) Fruit salad.
3. Where did Danny and Lucy first meet?
(a) A dance.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) The cafe on main street.
(d) The post office.
4. When Mr. Belling comes to visit Lucy in the apartment over the pharmacy, what does he give Agatha and Thomas?
(b) Money for candy.
(c) Movie tickets.
(d) Baseball cards.
5. In the car ride home after the picnic, who says that Ian is a whole different person?
6. What story does Agatha tell Thomas when he complains that his mother didn't read to him before bed?
(a) Hansel and Gretel.
(b) The Little Engine That Could.
(d) Snow White.
7. What does Daphne want to take to Day Camp as a toddler?
(a) Her favorite doll.
(b) Her blanket.
(c) Her pet bird.
(d) Her lawn mower pull toy.
8. How do the children at the Church Day Camp feel about Sister Audrey?
9. What are Thomas and Agatha doing while their mother naps in the beginning of Chapter Two?
(a) Building legos.
(b) Playing with playdough.
10. Who is taking pills and sleeping all the time after Danny dies?
(b) Bee Bedloe.
11. Who wears plaid shirts, ripped jeans, and high tops held together with electrical tape to school?
(c) Mr. Bedloe.
12. What is the name of the high school that Ian attends?
(a) Hawthorne High School.
(b) Poe High School.
(c) Saints High School.
(d) Post High School.
13. What pets do the Bedloes have?
(a) Dog, cat, and a goldfish.
(b) Hamster and a guinea pig.
(c) Two cats.
(d) Three turtles.
14. What happens to the foreigners' car after they install a garage door opener?
(a) The door falls down onto the car when it's halfway in the garage.
(b) The car has to be left in the driveway.
(c) The car is in a wreck.
(d) The car is protected from the weather.
15. Whom does Bee talk about to Doug on the car ride home after the picnic?
(a) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts a fire in the attic while trying to install an intercom?
2. What does Mrs. Myrdal say she caught Lucy shoplifting during one of their excursions together?
3. What does Kenny Larson's doctor say the children need before they can go in the above ground pool?
4. What does Ian tell Claudia when they're in the kitchen lighting the candles on their father's birthday cake?
5. When Mr. Belling stops visiting Lucy, where does Lucy find a job?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)