|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ian help Gracie with her apartment in Chapter Five?
(a) He fixes her garbage disposal.
(b) He repairs the stairs.
(c) He plugs up the rat holes.
(d) He paints the walls.
2. Whom is Doug trying to locate to take care of Lucy's children?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Mr. Rumford.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Mr. Bellings.
3. What happens to the foreigners' car after they install a garage door opener?
(a) The car is protected from the weather.
(b) The car is in a wreck.
(c) The door falls down onto the car when it's halfway in the garage.
(d) The car has to be left in the driveway.
4. When Mr. Belling stops visiting Lucy, where does Lucy find a job?
(a) Fill 'Er Up Cafe.
(b) Post office.
5. Whom does Bee talk about to Doug on the car ride home after the picnic?
(a) Her mother.
6. In Chapter Two, who changes Daphne's diaper while she is still in the crib?
7. Who comes to baby-sit the children during Lucy's funeral?
(b) Mrs. Thomas.
(d) Mrs. Myrdal.
8. What does Claudia bake for her father's 59th birthday?
(a) A double chocolate cake.
(b) A coconut cake that looks like a bathmat.
(d) A raspberry pie.
9. At Claudia's birthday party, who does Thomas suspect is not a true Christian?
10. Who is Mr. Rumford?
(a) The typewriter man.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A teacher at the high school.
(d) The owner of the cafe.
11. What are Thomas and Agatha doing while their mother naps in the beginning of Chapter Two?
(b) Playing with playdough.
(c) Building legos.
12. What does Ian tell Claudia when they're in the kitchen lighting the candles on their father's birthday cake?
(a) That he's going to college.
(b) That he's in trouble with the police.
(c) That he wants to tell Danny that Daphne was not premature.
(d) That he has a new job.
13. Where does Ian work the summer after Danny's death?
(a) Jim's Barbershop.
(b) Pete's Towing.
(c) Sid & Ed's A-1 Movers.
(d) Sam's Garage.
14. What does Doug think about being retired?
(a) He finds it boring.
(b) He can finally plant a garden.
(c) He's so busy.
(d) He has enough time to help with the children.
15. Who stays at Claudia's birthday party for only a few minutes before leaving with some friends from college?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Sister Audrey?
2. What is Waverly Street?
3. What story does Ian read to Agatha and Thomas at the Bedloe house after Lucy has died?
4. At Claudia's birthday party, who worries that Cicely doesn't like Ian as much as she used to?
5. How do the children at the Church Day Camp feel about Sister Audrey?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)