|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wears a stiff white shirt and black pants to the Day Camp?
(a) Reverend Emmett.
(b) Dr. Deaver.
2. What happens to the foreigners' car after they install a garage door opener?
(a) The car is in a wreck.
(b) The door falls down onto the car when it's halfway in the garage.
(c) The car is protected from the weather.
(d) The car has to be left in the driveway.
3. Who comes to baby-sit the children during Lucy's funeral?
(b) Mrs. Thomas.
(d) Mrs. Myrdal.
4. When Ian arrives home from college for Lucy's funeral, what does Bee do the first night he is home?
(a) Takes Agatha for a haircut.
(b) Gives him Daphne and goes to bed.
(c) Helps him take care of Daphne.
(d) Makes a cake.
5. What does Claudia bring her mother to help with her arthritis?
(a) Department store white gloves.
(b) Lotion for her hands.
(c) A heating pad.
(d) Exercise instructions for arthritics.
6. Why does Ian think Danny killed himself?
(a) He longed for Cicely.
(b) Ian told him Lucy was having an affair.
(c) He took too many drugs.
(d) He was tired of living.
7. Where does Ian work the summer after Danny's death?
(a) Jim's Barbershop.
(b) Sid & Ed's A-1 Movers.
(c) Pete's Towing.
(d) Sam's Garage.
8. In Chapter One, who wears a pink barrette to meet her son from school?
9. Who stays at Claudia's birthday party for only a few minutes before leaving with some friends from college?
10. What does Lucy send to her ex-husband by airmail?
(a) Tennis racket.
(b) Photo album.
(c) Bowling ball.
11. Who is Ian's girlfriend since ninth grade?
12. What does Agatha bring for sharing hour at camp that comes from her mother's jewelry box?
(a) A photo.
(b) A strand of pearls.
(d) A mustard seed.
13. Who is taking pills and sleeping all the time after Danny dies?
(a) Bee Bedloe.
14. Who tells Thomas that he cannot look in his mother's jewelry box because he can't keep secrets?
15. At the beginning of Chapter Three, what is Ian watching through a microscope in science class?
(a) A drop of water.
(b) An amoeba.
(c) A fly's wing.
(d) A spider.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ian sending Agatha, Thomas, and Daphne for Day Camp?
2. What story does Ian read to Agatha and Thomas at the Bedloe house after Lucy has died?
3. How does Ian fix the marred dining table after the Church's picnic?
4. When Mr. Belling comes to visit Lucy in the apartment over the pharmacy, what does he give Agatha and Thomas?
5. What does Kenny Larson's doctor say the children need before they can go in the above ground pool?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)