|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the church women serve for dessert at the indoor picnic?
(c) Fruit salad.
2. What does Ian tell Claudia when they're in the kitchen lighting the candles on their father's birthday cake?
(a) That he has a new job.
(b) That he wants to tell Danny that Daphne was not premature.
(c) That he's going to college.
(d) That he's in trouble with the police.
3. What is the name of the high school that Ian attends?
(a) Poe High School.
(b) Saints High School.
(c) Hawthorne High School.
(d) Post High School.
4. What does Doug Bedloe teach at the high school?
(b) Social Studies.
5. How does Agatha wake up Lucy when she's been sleeping for a long time?
(a) A spoonful of instant coffee in a coke.
(b) Fresh air.
(d) Loud music.
6. Who stays at Claudia's birthday party for only a few minutes before leaving with some friends from college?
7. What does Lucy send to her ex-husband by airmail?
(a) Bowling ball.
(b) Photo album.
(d) Tennis racket.
8. Where does Ian take his parents at Sumner College?
(a) To lunch.
(b) To a fancy dinner.
(c) To a football game.
(d) To a parent's reception.
9. Who says, "It's the people who don't know the answers who are going to heaven, I tell you"?
(a) Doug Bedloe.
(c) Mac McClintock.
(d) Mrs. Jordon.
10. Who is Mr. Rumford?
(a) The owner of the cafe.
(b) The typewriter man.
(c) A teacher at the high school.
(d) A neighbor.
11. What are Thomas and Agatha doing while their mother naps in the beginning of Chapter Two?
(c) Playing with playdough.
(d) Building legos.
12. What pets do the Bedloes have?
(a) Three turtles.
(b) Two cats.
(c) Dog, cat, and a goldfish.
(d) Hamster and a guinea pig.
13. Who tells Bee that she took a long walk with the children and tired herself out?
14. At Claudia's birthday party, who worries that Cicely doesn't like Ian as much as she used to?
(d) Agatha and Thomas.
15. How does Ian fix the marred dining table after the Church's picnic?
(a) With soap.
(b) Uses polishing liquid.
(c) Puts a tablecloth over it.
(d) Calls a refinisher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Ian read to Agatha and Thomas at the Bedloe house after Lucy has died?
2. When Ian arrives home from college for Lucy's funeral, what does Bee do the first night he is home?
3. Why does Lucy have no one to help her with her children?
4. Whom does Ian invite to the Church of the Second Chance's picnic?
5. When Lucy calls Mr. Rumford one evening, who answers the phone?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)