|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Agatha and Thomas with a picnic basket of fried chicken and chocolate cake while their mother naps?
(a) Mr. Bellings.
(c) Mr. Rumford.
(d) Ian and Bee Bedloe.
2. When the toilet overflows in Chapter Two, who is the last person to have used it?
3. Why doesn't Thomas eat any cake at Claudia's birthday party?
(a) He likes ice cream better.
(b) Because it is a Church rule.
(c) He ate too much candy.
(d) He's allergic to chocolate.
4. Why can't Bee take care of Lucy's children?
(a) Lucy doesn't want her help.
(b) She has arthritis.
(c) She lives too far away.
(d) She has a broken arm.
5. What does Agatha wish for when she sees the first star at night after Danny's death?
(a) A better world.
(b) To be forgiven.
(c) A new dress.
(d) To be safe.
6. In Chapter One, who wears a pink barrette to meet her son from school?
7. How many children does Lucy have before she marries Danny?
8. Who decides to take a leave of absence from school until Daphne is in first grade?
(a) Mr. Bedloe.
9. Who quit college to work for the post office?
(d) Mrs. Jordan.
10. Who is Gracie?
(a) Cicely's friend
(b) Bee's neighbor.
(c) A girl who picked up Agatha and Thomas from school while Bee was in the hospital.
(d) Billy's friend.
11. When Mr. Belling stops visiting Lucy, where does Lucy find a job?
(b) Fill 'Er Up Cafe.
(d) Post office.
12. What does Ian envy about the man he meets on his job who is installing cabinets?
(a) He doesn't talk.
(b) He makes a lot of money.
(c) He is deaf, and seems serene in his silent world.
(d) He has a degree from a business school.
13. When Claudia brings a casserole to the house in Chapter Five, what does she remark on?
(a) How much cleaning there is to do.
(b) How small the house seems.
(c) How clean the house is.
(d) How dirty the house is.
14. How do the children at the Church Day Camp feel about Sister Audrey?
15. What happens to the foreigners' car after they install a garage door opener?
(a) The car is protected from the weather.
(b) The door falls down onto the car when it's halfway in the garage.
(c) The car is in a wreck.
(d) The car has to be left in the driveway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ian invite to the Church of the Second Chance's picnic?
2. What does Mrs. Myrdal say she caught Lucy shoplifting during one of their excursions together?
3. What story does Ian read to Agatha and Thomas at the Bedloe house after Lucy has died?
4. Where does Ian work the summer after Danny's death?
5. At Claudia's birthday party, who worries that Cicely doesn't like Ian as much as she used to?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)