|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Belling comes to visit Lucy in the apartment over the pharmacy, what does he give Agatha and Thomas?
(b) Baseball cards.
(c) Money for candy.
(d) Movie tickets.
2. What did Sister Audrey leave in a dumpster?
(a) Her favorite sweater.
(b) Important papers.
(c) A newborn baby.
(d) Yesterday's trash.
3. Who is watching her relative's large horse farm where the Church has an indoor picnic?
(a) Mrs. Jordan.
(c) Sister Priscilla.
4. What does Claudia bring her mother to help with her arthritis?
(a) Department store white gloves.
(b) Exercise instructions for arthritics.
(c) Lotion for her hands.
(d) A heating pad.
5. Why does Agatha say she can't pick up the baby, Daphne, and give her a bottle when Daphne wakes up crying?
(a) Because Thomas dropped Daphne the week before.
(b) She can't get her out of the crib.
(c) She is too small to hold a baby.
(d) She doesn't feel comfortable.
6. What does Agatha tell Ian to do when he tries to stop Daphne from crying in Chapter Three?
(a) Walk her.
(b) Give her a warm bath.
(c) Rock her.
(d) Take her for a ride in the stroller.
7. What does Lucy send to her ex-husband by airmail?
(a) Tennis racket.
(b) Photo album.
(c) Bowling ball.
8. What does Lucy die from?
(a) An overdose of pills.
(b) Food poisoning.
(c) A car crash.
9. Who told Mrs. Jordan the name of Agatha and Thomas' father?
10. How does Danny kill himself?
(a) By falling asleep while driving.
(b) By taking too many drugs.
(c) By getting hit by a car while walking home.
(d) By crashing his car into a stone wall.
11. Which member of the Bedloe family does not always look on the bright side of things?
12. What does Daphne want to take to Day Camp as a toddler?
(a) Her favorite doll.
(b) Her blanket.
(c) Her pet bird.
(d) Her lawn mower pull toy.
13. When Mr. Belling stops visiting Lucy, where does Lucy find a job?
(a) Fill 'Er Up Cafe.
(b) Post office.
14. In the car ride home after the picnic, who says that Ian is a whole different person?
15. Who is Gracie?
(a) A girl who picked up Agatha and Thomas from school while Bee was in the hospital.
(b) Billy's friend.
(c) Bee's neighbor.
(d) Cicely's friend
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ian arrives home from college for Lucy's funeral, what does Bee do the first night he is home?
2. What does Ian envy about the man he meets on his job who is installing cabinets?
3. What does Claudia bake for her father's 59th birthday?
4. Who visits Agatha and Thomas with a picnic basket of fried chicken and chocolate cake while their mother naps?
5. At Claudia's birthday party, who worries that Cicely doesn't like Ian as much as she used to?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)