|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ian sending Agatha, Thomas, and Daphne for Day Camp?
(a) Waverly Camp.
(b) The Church of the Second Chance.
(c) Presbyterian Day Camp.
(d) Saint Maybe Camp.
2. What does Doug think about being retired?
(a) He has enough time to help with the children.
(b) He's so busy.
(c) He can finally plant a garden.
(d) He finds it boring.
3. What does Claudia bring her mother to help with her arthritis?
(a) Exercise instructions for arthritics.
(b) Department store white gloves.
(c) Lotion for her hands.
(d) A heating pad.
4. What is the name of the high school that Ian attends?
(a) Saints High School.
(b) Poe High School.
(c) Post High School.
(d) Hawthorne High School.
5. Whose car broke down the night Danny killed himself?
6. Who tells Thomas that he cannot look in his mother's jewelry box because he can't keep secrets?
7. In what month do Lucy and Danny marry?
8. Who is Mr. Rumford?
(a) The owner of the cafe.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A teacher at the high school.
(d) The typewriter man.
9. What story does Agatha tell Thomas when he complains that his mother didn't read to him before bed?
(a) Hansel and Gretel.
(b) The Little Engine That Could.
(d) Snow White.
10. How does Danny kill himself?
(a) By getting hit by a car while walking home.
(b) By crashing his car into a stone wall.
(c) By falling asleep while driving.
(d) By taking too many drugs.
11. Who comes to baby-sit the children during Lucy's funeral?
(c) Mrs. Myrdal.
(d) Mrs. Thomas.
12. What does Ian tell Claudia when they're in the kitchen lighting the candles on their father's birthday cake?
(a) That he's going to college.
(b) That he has a new job.
(c) That he's in trouble with the police.
(d) That he wants to tell Danny that Daphne was not premature.
13. What are Thomas and Agatha doing while their mother naps in the beginning of Chapter Two?
(a) Playing with playdough.
(d) Building legos.
14. What does Kenny Larson's doctor say the children need before they can go in the above ground pool?
(b) Bathing caps.
(d) Swim lessons.
15. In Chapter Two, who changes Daphne's diaper while she is still in the crib?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Waverly Street?
2. What pets do the Bedloes have?
3. Who wears a stiff white shirt and black pants to the Day Camp?
4. Who stays at Claudia's birthday party for only a few minutes before leaving with some friends from college?
5. Who decides to take a leave of absence from school until Daphne is in first grade?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)