|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daphne want to take to Day Camp as a toddler?
(a) Her favorite doll.
(b) Her blanket.
(c) Her pet bird.
(d) Her lawn mower pull toy.
2. Who is the only person who knows how guilty Ian feels about Danny's death?
3. Where did Agatha and Thomas live with their biological father?
(a) In Boise, Idaho.
(b) With his parents.
(c) In a silver trailer.
(d) In a small greenhouse.
4. Where did Danny and Lucy first meet?
(a) A friend's house.
(b) The post office.
(c) The cafe on main street.
(d) A dance.
5. What is Lucy wearing on her feet when she cleans up the water in the bathroom?
(a) Her boots.
(b) Danny's shoes.
(c) Agatha's slippers.
6. What does Doug think about being retired?
(a) He can finally plant a garden.
(b) He finds it boring.
(c) He's so busy.
(d) He has enough time to help with the children.
7. At the beginning of Chapter Three, what is Ian watching through a microscope in science class?
(a) An amoeba.
(b) A fly's wing.
(c) A drop of water.
(d) A spider.
8. Where does Ian work the summer after Danny's death?
(a) Pete's Towing.
(b) Sam's Garage.
(c) Sid & Ed's A-1 Movers.
(d) Jim's Barbershop.
9. Why does Agatha say she can't pick up the baby, Daphne, and give her a bottle when Daphne wakes up crying?
(a) She is too small to hold a baby.
(b) Because Thomas dropped Daphne the week before.
(c) She can't get her out of the crib.
(d) She doesn't feel comfortable.
10. When Ian arrives home from college for Lucy's funeral, what does Bee do the first night he is home?
(a) Helps him take care of Daphne.
(b) Gives him Daphne and goes to bed.
(c) Takes Agatha for a haircut.
(d) Makes a cake.
11. What table does Agatha get to sit at during Claudia's birthday party?
(a) The adult and children's table.
(b) Her own table.
(c) The "Difficult Ages" table.
(d) The children's table.
12. How does Agatha wake up Lucy when she's been sleeping for a long time?
(b) Fresh air.
(c) Loud music.
(d) A spoonful of instant coffee in a coke.
13. Whom does Bee talk about to Doug on the car ride home after the picnic?
(d) Her mother.
14. What does Lucy die from?
(b) A car crash.
(c) An overdose of pills.
(d) Food poisoning.
15. Who starts a fire in the attic while trying to install an intercom?
(b) The foreigners.
(c) Reverend Emmett.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Claudia brings a casserole to the house in Chapter Five, what does she remark on?
2. What does Doug Bedloe teach at the high school?
3. When the toilet overflows in Chapter Two, who is the last person to have used it?
4. After the picnic, what does Bee admit to herself, and to Doug, about Lucy's children?
5. Who misses Danny because he could really talk to him?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)