|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Lucy have before she marries Danny?
2. Who is taking pills and sleeping all the time after Danny dies?
(c) Bee Bedloe.
3. Who misses Danny because he could really talk to him?
(c) Mr. Kit.
4. Whom does Doug notice on the roof, trying to pass a wire through a window?
(b) The postman.
(c) One of the foreigners.
5. When Ian arrives home from college for Lucy's funeral, what does Bee do the first night he is home?
(a) Makes a cake.
(b) Helps him take care of Daphne.
(c) Gives him Daphne and goes to bed.
(d) Takes Agatha for a haircut.
6. Which member of the Bedloe family does not always look on the bright side of things?
7. When Mr. Belling comes to visit Lucy in the apartment over the pharmacy, what does he give Agatha and Thomas?
(a) Money for candy.
(b) Movie tickets.
(c) Baseball cards.
8. In chapter Two, what does Lucy steal from the drug store after visiting the typewriter store?
(a) Gummy bears.
(b) Life savers.
(c) Chocolate bars.
(d) Protein bars.
9. Where does Ian work the summer after Danny's death?
(a) Sid & Ed's A-1 Movers.
(b) Sam's Garage.
(c) Pete's Towing.
(d) Jim's Barbershop.
10. Where did Danny and Lucy first meet?
(a) A dance.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) The cafe on main street.
(d) The post office.
11. What does Claudia bake for her father's 59th birthday?
(a) A double chocolate cake.
(b) A coconut cake that looks like a bathmat.
(c) A raspberry pie.
12. At Claudia's birthday party, who does Thomas suspect is not a true Christian?
13. Who stays at Claudia's birthday party for only a few minutes before leaving with some friends from college?
14. In what month do Lucy and Danny marry?
15. Who starts a fire in the attic while trying to install an intercom?
(b) Reverend Emmett.
(d) The foreigners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose suit is rucked up around his ankles from static cling, so that he looks like he's wading in the ocean?
2. Who says, "It's the people who don't know the answers who are going to heaven, I tell you"?
3. Who is Mr. Rumford?
4. When the toilet overflows in Chapter Two, who is the last person to have used it?
5. Why does Agatha say she can't pick up the baby, Daphne, and give her a bottle when Daphne wakes up crying?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)