|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: Organized Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Agatha say she can't pick up the baby, Daphne, and give her a bottle when Daphne wakes up crying?
(a) She is too small to hold a baby.
(b) Because Thomas dropped Daphne the week before.
(c) She doesn't feel comfortable.
(d) She can't get her out of the crib.
2. Why does Thomas say Ian is playing hard to get when Ian returns from the Parent/Teacher conference?
(a) He moves his arm away when Miss Pennington touches him.
(b) He won't talk with Miss Pennington.
(c) He declines an invitation to the movies.
(d) He flirts with Miss Pennington.
3. How does Ian fix the marred dining table after the Church's picnic?
(a) Uses polishing liquid.
(b) Calls a refinisher.
(c) With soap.
(d) Puts a tablecloth over it.
4. At the end of Chapter Seven, what do the children say they want for Ian?
(a) Better clothes.
(b) Somebody wonderful enough to deserve him.
(c) A housekeeper.
(d) More money.
5. What did Sister Audrey leave in a dumpster?
(a) Her favorite sweater.
(b) Important papers.
(c) Yesterday's trash.
(d) A newborn baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the Bedloe family does not always look on the bright side of things?
2. What does Bee think her family has turned into now that Danny is gone?
3. Who is the Church's certified vagrant?
4. Where does Ian meet Eli Everjohn?
5. At the beginning of Chapter Three, what is Ian watching through a microscope in science class?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)