|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nick planning?
(a) To divorce his wife.
(c) To return home.
(d) A party.
2. Where does Ike become stranded?
(a) On an island.
(b) On the Cobra ship.
(c) In a lifeboat.
(d) In Kuinak.
3. Why is the movie production stalled?
(a) The director has been kidnapped.
(b) The actors are on strike.
(c) Several cameras have gone missing.
(d) Two sea lions are fighting.
4. What does the group of young people say to Ike?
(a) They are planning something.
(b) They support him.
(c) He should let Foxcorp do what it wants.
(d) He should run away.
5. What is Foxcorp trying to buy?
(a) The Underdog property.
(b) The rights to Alice's life.
(c) The town.
(d) Ike's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alice offer to drive Ike and Shoola home?
2. Why do Mike and Steubins leave in the small boat?
3. In the story of Steubins' life, he began as a ______.
4. What are people's reactions to Ike's speech?
5. How does Alice react to Ike's comments about Nick's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Were Mike and Steubins in need of rescuing after the storm? Why?
2. By Chapter 12, how has Kuinak dramatically changed since Ike left to go to Skagway?
3. Why does Alice offer to drive Ike and Shoola home?
4. Does Alice's character make more sense after Chapter 19?
5. How has Ike let the people of Kuinak down?
6. What must Ike return to at the end of Chapter 16?
7. Why does Alice feel she shouldn't have reacted as she did to Mike's infidelity?
8. How has the Underdog Club failed?
9. How did Nick become successful in Hollywood?
10. Why does Louise Loop believe that someone is trying to kill her?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)